The scoop on 'Appalachian Seeds'

Appalachian Seeds

99 Treehouse Lane
Burnsville, North Carolina 28714 (United States)

Paper Catalog Cost: n/a

Comments:

Positive gfleet
Germantown, TN
May 11, 2011
Posted on May 8, 2011, updated May 11, 2011
Several mos. back I ordered 8 heirloom tomato plants. I received notice this spring that the co. would be sending plants at end of April,which was fine. In May I finely received plants in crushed standard shipping boxes with no support. Plants were wrapped in newspaper and 4 were broke into.They looked as though they were distorted in growth and were very pale.Some little pots were almost dry. I called and explained my problem and Amy said she would ship replacements out immediately. 2 wks and no plants. Emailed Amy back and ask when she would send plants, she said probably next week. I don't expect anymore plants. And No plants to date. I want do business with this co. again, Germantown,Tn. (I paid 6.00 ea.)
On May 11th, 2011, gfleet changed the rating from negative to positive and added the following:

To my surprise, I received all plants I had purchased, again. Plants were in excellent condition.On their website they show a page with their packing methods are shown. This time the plant pots were wrapped in a clear plastic with name of plant. Also plant itself was wrapped in a heavy gauge paper. Very well done. Then the plants were packed in the perfect size and well constructed cardboard box. Could not ask for better packing. Amy said the family had a baby on the way and things were focused on that at that time.I will take that with understanding, having children myself. If orders in the future are this well done, I see no other need to purchase my vegis from any other co. Gfleet
Positive micocito
Asheville, NC
June 18, 2008
Earlier this Spring, I went online and bought 6 packs of tomato seeds from Appalachian Seeds using PayPal. I received an email confirming the purchase that evening and actually received the seeds in the mail the next day! I do live a few counties over from their location, but I was incredibly impressed (with them and the post office). The seeds all had good germination rates, close to 100%, even after I abused them a bit. Any problems from 04/05 I believe are in the past.
Positive sandits
Marshall, NC
January 5, 2008
For the past three years I have gotten both seeds and plants from this company and have been completely happy. Germination rate on the seeds was high and the plants were well-rooted. And I like the fact that they are all natural/organically grown, that's very important to me. I noticed on their website that they have expanded to other products this year. I'll be ordering again this year.
Neutral Melissa_Ohio
Southwestern, OH (Zone 6b)
January 4, 2008

My only complaint, and to some it might not even be worthy of a complaint, but here it is: I opened one seed packet, and it didn't look like 20 seeds... so I counted them. I was going to write a letter to complain--I checked the website, and it said "15-20" seeds per pack.

I'm so used to the other seed companies I deal with sending extra seeds in case a few don't germinate... not this company. Most of the packets I ordered had 16 seeds in them. One had 19. They had a minimum order of 6 packets (21.00)

They build the shipping into the cost which is a positive, but the quantity of seeds in the packets will make me not order from them again.

Negative silvershoes
Tulsa, OK
June 25, 2005
Do not Buy from this company, they will not return your email. They cashed my check a month ago no seeds out twenty-nine dollars. Their phone number has been disconected. They SUCK
Neutral gm319
Glade Hill, VA
March 9, 2005
There is no contact phone number for orders or to check order status. Email support was very slow in getting back to me. (4-5 days). Otherwise, they seem like a good company.