The scoop on 'The Great Petaluma Desert'

The Great Petaluma Desert

5010 Bodega Ave.
Petaluma, California 94952 (United States)

Visit The Great Petaluma Desert at:

Comments:

Positive SDCA
San Diego, CA
June 30, 2011
I've ordered a couple times from GPD now. And yes, the prices are up there a bit, but so is the size and quality of the materials you receive. Shipping is lightning fast and Jerry is extremely helpful when answering questions. If you're just getting into pachycauls and succulents this may not be the place to find cheap plants to practice on. But if you've been in the hobby for a while and know what you want there's plenty of good stuff to go wild on here.
Positive Bec_No_Va
Huntsville, AL (Zone 7b)
September 19, 2007
Great company - excellent information - fantastic plants - well worth it!
Positive baileykat
Bay Area, CA (Zone 9b)
May 16, 2007
Jerry had answer to all my questions about the plant that I'd bought from him. It was shipped fast with great packaging, no damage whatsoever, all flower buds still intact, and the buds opened up in a couple of days.
The price may seem steep, but you are getting a really nice sized, healthy speciment plant.
I've only ordered from this nursery once, but I know I'll be back.
Positive ByndeweedBeth
scio, oregon, OR (Zone 8a)
February 27, 2007
I bought from them and had a very positive experience.
Positive hanna1
Castro Valley, CA (Zone 9a)
May 9, 2005
Jerry is a world of knowledge and friendly, We have purchased directly from him in the past, and could not be happier! The amount of rare and and beautiful plants await you, as will Jerry, We went in the rain again on Mother's Day with family, he wanted very much to close due to increment weather, but waited for us to show up late with a smile on his face. I recommend this nursery wholheartedly, especially for his fantastic collection of Caudiciforms!!!! We all felt his prices were fair, and his plants extremely healthy. Go no further, you ought to see his private collection so beautifly displayed, some he has propagated, and crossed himself. A great find and adventure! Thank you Jerry,
hanna1
Negative billybobjoe
April 4, 2004
Their plants are very expensive and not worth the price.
Positive dawn5411
July 1, 2000
Buying plants from Jerry Wright is so much fun, and so easy that you have to be careful or you'll go broke. I purchase a lot of succulent plants online and I could not recommend anyone more. You will find an extensive listing of some of the rarest plants available anywhere. I have experienced about a seven-day turn around on everything I have ordered jerry also host a study group on succulent flora that you can join via his web site. There are over 300 members world wide providing information on cultivating these rare plants. Jerry is personally involved in these discussions every single day. I have continually been more impressed with the plant that arrived on my doorstep than the picture on his web site that originally prompted me to purchase it. If rare caudiciforms and thick stemmed pachycauls are your fancy, go no further than the Great Petaluma Desert. You will not be disappointed!