The scoop on 'Gautam Global'

Gautam Global

Irbid
Jordan
January 18, 2014
Hi!
I placed an order for moringa stenopetala seeds & shipped them to Jordan on 11-January-2014. I waited couple days for Gautam global to email me shipping details and confirmation of the order. However, they did not! I had to email them for the last three days asking for tracking number of shippment! The answer everytime ' we will ask the dispatcher for the trcking# and send to you ' . Today 18 January , I filed a dispute through PayPal. After couple hours Gautam Global refunded the payment and advised me in an email to ' keep the seeds for free' although the shippment didnt lapse enough time to arrive to Jordan.
Over All :- It is embarassing an experience ! I do not wish to repeat it with them & ofcourse will reverse the refund to them if goods arrived to my adress!
Negative rensslin
Half Moon Bay, CA
September 17, 2013
Placed an order for Crocus Sativus corms on 8/9/2013
As of 8/26/2013 no feedback at all from seller, based on other feedback on this site I filed a dispute with Paypal.
Well what do you know, I get a shipment notification on 8/27/2013.
On 9/5/2013 the package arrives, it does in fact have some small crocus corms. Problem is they have not been inspected and the customs declaration states the package is a gift and contains "Ornamental Beads for Decoration Only" Checked with USDA and was told this is not legal.
Filed complaint e13913491761341 with Customs and Border Protection on 9/13/2013.
Escalated Paypal dispute to a claim since I cannot use these corms without them being brought into the country legally.
Company representative comment on September 17, 2013:
On Sep 17, 2013 8:38 PM, Gautam Global responded with:

1. Client has received order
2. Client has also claimed money back through paypal.
3. Shipment was not returned to us.

Neutral eyceman
Raleigh, NC
July 17, 2013
Posted on July 2, 2013, updated July 17, 2013
I ordered curry leaf seeds from these SCAM ARTISTS on 4/12/2013. I first received an email on 5/14 that the seeds are on backorder and I'll receive them in June. I received nothing in June. Why the hell didn't it say that on the website in the first place? Why was I not informed of that before that? It took 4 weeks to inform me of that? When I contacted them again, "Ashvini" (most probably a fake name) emailed me that I will be getting them in July. [deleted by admin]?
I asked for a refund and was informed that I'll be getting my refund. No Refund. I have since stopped getting any responses from them.
I filed a dispute with Paypal, but of course, since it was already past the 45 days limit, the charge could not be disputed.
These [deleted by admn] are scam artists, pure and simple. They know the Paypal and online payment rules and play you accordingly. I wish I had made the payment via my CC so I could sic my CC company on them.
I'm filing complaints with IC3.gov and BBB. hopefully if enough people have done that, we can bring these thieves down.
On July 17th, 2013, eyceman changed the rating from negative to neutral and added the following:

It seems like I finally got their attention.
I just received my seeds yesterday, so I'm changing my review to neutral. I have reiterated to Ms. Ashvini about the importance of being up front with the customer about their products if they don't have them available at the time the order is placed and also better communication wouldn't hurt either.
Company representative comment on July 2, 2013:
On Jul 2, 2013 8:41 AM, Gautam Global responded with:

The client has been mailed the seeds as soon as fresh seeds
were harvested.
All mails from the client were replied to.
If client needs a refund, we can use the send money
option to make a refund, even if 45 days have lapsed.
The client's payment is safe and can be refunded if client
sends his paypal address to me.
We really do not understand why dave's garden does not moderate the vocabulary on its forum.

We are always available to help our clients and the money is
always in safe hands.

Positive mweaver007
Grand Canyon
United States
June 16, 2013
Posted on June 15, 2013, updated June 16, 2013
Seeds ordered May 26. No seeds as of June 16. Company was to send tracking info for order last week. No tracking info June 16.

Requested refund June 15, no reply.

Enough said.

On June 16th, 2013, mweaver007 changed the rating from negative to positive and added the following:

Am pleased to see the company take responsibility for the delay. Checking the tracking the order was sent June 14. This is one day after my complaint. Quick response.

You can all follow the progress of this package with the tracking # provided in the company response.

Onus now on USPS.

Frustrating order process but posiitive resolution.

Company representative comment on June 16, 2013:
On Jun 16, 2013 1:52 AM, Gautam Global responded with:

We admit that we delayed tracking to Mike, and
accept responsiblity for the same. The order has been mailed by USPS, and tracking information is RV449541577IN.

Positive vikram2211
Mcallen, TX
February 21, 2013
Mr. Ashvini Gautam, head of Gautam Global, is one of the most honorable people I've had the good fortune to deal with.

Besides the huge offering of seeds his company carries, there's rarely an incident that he doesn't address personally to come to a more than fair resolution.

We've been dealing with Mr. Gautam and Gautam Global for over 10 years now and I have to say that you'd be hard pressed to find another man/company with his integrity.
Positive benbowman
Glastonbury Center, CT
February 10, 2013
Posted on December 29, 2012, updated February 10, 2013
I ordered seeds well in advance, for a friend to receive them before her flight to visit me.

I contact the vendor to confirm that the seeds would arrive on time.

I was told that they had already been shipped and to await an early delivery.

The seeds did not arrive. I contact Ashvini and he requested a new mailing address. I provided him with three options, depending on shipping time.

To cover my bases, I also opened a Dispute on PayPal, which I had used to pay for the seeds (if you don't open a Dispute within 30 or 45 days of the order, you lose the option to open one at all). I made it clear that I did not want to raise the dispute to a Claim; that I really just wanted to receive the seeds, and was simply covering my bases (since I had since read on this website about other negative experiences).

Within 24 hours I had a refund in my PayPal account.

So, all-in-all, I have no monetary grievance with this vendor, but the whole thing was a hassle and I wasted a lot of internet time (which I have little access to).
On February 10th, 2013, benbowman changed the rating from negative to positive and added the following:

The seeds arrived! Albiet late. Ashvini even refunded my purchase pending arrival, and I am now resubmitting payment. I recommend ordering with a healthy delivery window.
Positive kesarking
Srinagar
India
June 18, 2012
Mr. Ashvini is trust worthy, un-doubtfully, we are satisfied with the services provided by this company M/s GAUTAM GLOBAL.
Negative Wixie4
Williamsburg, VA
May 19, 2012
The order process was great, it was shipped very fast, the problem is that unknowling to me the Gac seeds I purchased were aparently ilegal to ship into the US because the dept of agriculture destroyed them. I recieved a note in an otherwise empty envelope.
I have no problem with their service, but it would have been nice to know this before ordering. I wouldn't have placed the order.
Positive tony6649
West Goshen, PA
March 23, 2012
This is both a positive feedback and a public apology. It took about a month to recieve the seeds I had ordered and after reading the negative comments here I was certain that I had been ripped off, and sent a scathing email to Gautam Global. As it turns out I recieved my order today, and it was complete. I will be ordering from them again soon.
Negative Sheboogie
Howards Grove, WI
September 15, 2011
I ordered curry plant seeds on July 10th but nothing arrived after one month. I contacted Ashvini Gautam who said he would resend the order. It's now September 15th and the seeds still have not arrived. I smell a crook to be quite honest. I requested a refund but haven't hard back from Ashvini Gautam since that request was made (three days ago). I payed using PayPal so I'll also take the issue up with them. Interestingly, I rarely use my PayPal account, but shortly after the charge for the sees were made (Gautam Global - via seedvendor.com) a fraudulant additional shipping address was added to my paypal account. I suspect Ashvini and associates were involved somehow.

Now where else can I find curry plant seeds? Murraya Koenigii
Company representative comment on October 12, 2011:
On Oct 12, 2011 2:18 PM, Gautam Global responded with:

The contents of the feedback are scandolous, hilarious and most disgusting and smack of a deranged mind. The member has let his or her imagination fly and is most likely in a fantasy world where feedbacks can be left at a whim and paypal accounts compromised at the drop of a hat.
In the situation that seeds were not delivered to the member, a 100 % refund has already been credited back to his or her account.
Whats more, the member may have actually received the seeds as well.
The part of her feedback about paypal hacking is libellous and calls for legal action. A defamation suite shall be the likely action.

Positive Juicemonkey
Townsville
Australia
September 23, 2009
I was a bit concerned when ordering, as im aware of negative feedback in the past.
right or wrong negative fedback stick about.
but i decided to make the order anyway
the proces as easy, unlike trading internationally a few years back. ecrater and paypal streamlined the experience.
the seeds arrived about 1 month after ordering, which i think is fair timeframe for special seeds
they have tracking on orders as well and communication with them was relativley straightforward
the seed looks fresh, plump and relatively clean.
there are 16 species. most long lived seed, with about 5 that might suffer if old.
i am planting them out ASAP and may review their viability.
so far, i have no hesitation dealing with this vendor in 2009, and will place another order soon.

in contrast this is the ONLY positive vendor ive yet had out of India. Most simply do not reply to my requests, and others send me material (not necessarily seed) that is SO faulty, that it beggars me to think how they could send it with a straight face. I would be too embarrased to give it away!

a real shame because id be good business to a good vendor
Positive WendyWilma
Miami, FL
April 3, 2007
I have ordered seed for many years with Gautam Global. I am a wholesale seedling grower and I understand the seasonal difficulties of the business. Sometimes it just takes time for seed to mature for collection, cleaning and processing for shipment. Prior to shipment,phytosanitary and CITES requirements must be fulfilled. When seeds arrive to the destination they must be inspected by the receiving country's agricultural inspection authority to ensure they are free of pathogens and not concealing any contraband. If they are subject to quarantine there will be a delay.

As you can see, seed shipments can take a lot of time. I am thoroughly satisfied with Gautam Global and the product they send, I will continue to use them as a quality source of seed.
Negative nguntay
izmir
Turkey
October 27, 2006
subject: 09/28/2006 #834 nejdet guntay, Turkey shipped $37.90

Your promises are as follows,

"GOODS ORDERED USUALLY RECEIVED WITHIN 15 DAYS OF PLACING ORDER "

Our order date and status is :
"09/28/2006 #834 nejdet guntay, Turkey shipped $37.90 "

Payment Details
Transaction ID: 8YF64195MC658663W
Item Price: $23.10 USD
Total: $37.90 USD
Invoice ID: 834
Buyer: nejdet guntay

But we did not receive any goods even though it is over 5 weeks from the order. We are reminding you to provide us the details of shipment as soon as possible.

Otherwise,
We are urged to make a complaint to Ministry of Foreign affairs of India as happended at our order # 36 which you fulfiled your responsibility eventually. (after a long delay)

I hope to receive the information and thee goods soon.

Regards.
Nejdet Güntay
Negative trachyandra
Moscow
Russia
November 27, 2005
I can't get answer from them during many weeks

On December 24th, 2005, trachyandra changed the rating from neutral to negative and added the following:

Still have no answer
Positive JimMathews
Huntsville
United States
May 22, 2005
Excellent selection of seeds.Moringa seeds I purchased last year sprouted real fast. Would like to buy more this year.

Note from the Garden Watchdog Editors:

The comments posted by "JimMathews" and "AmyLin" were posted from the same computer. It is the policy of the Watchdog that users cannot create multiple identities in order to inflate a company's rating, nor can a company pose as its own customer in order to leave feedback. This rating was changed to neutral so that it would not affect the overall rating given by customers.
Neutral AmyLin
Taipei
Taiwan
May 22, 2005
I have been ordering seeds from Gautam Global, for about 4 yrs now. I have had good results with all my seeds so far.
Seeds which did not germinate, were promptly replaced.
Mr.Gautam is extremely couteous and always keeps me updated about my orders and shipping is extremely fast.I would strongly recommend Gautam Global as source for seeds.

Note from the Garden Watchdog Editors:

Positive anshuman
Dehradun
India
May 21, 2005
The service provided by the company is very poor.I live in the same city (DEHRADUN) and asked Mr Gautam for a list of seeds, the person at first did not replied. I then tried to contact the person by phone but the phone number mentioned in the website was techniquelly incorrect as well as incorrect by location. I finally planned to directly go to the concerned shop/office and searched for an hour. I finally reached the address given in the website. I was astonished that the address (34 old cannought place Dehradun) belonged to an advocate. I finally with great difficulty got the concerned person mobile number and contacted him .He asked me to send him a mail.I asked him for a list of seeds. They did not had most of them although they have mentioned them on their website. After this i asked for the location for their shop so that i can go directely and buy the seeds but the person did not replied to any of my mails.

On May 21st, 2005, anshuman added the following:

MY ADVICE TO ALL IS DON'T BUY ANYTHING FROM THIS COMPANY. I BET YOU WILL HAVE A VERY BAD EXPERIANCE. THESE TYPE OF COMPANIES SHOULD BE BANNED AS THEY BRING BAD NAME TO THE COUNTRY.
On May 24th, 2005, anshuman changed the rating from negative to positive and added the following:

I am in continous contact with Mr Gautam and have found him to be very friendly.earlier I misinterpreted this person I will soon be buying some seeds / plants from him.
Company representative comment on June 4, 2005:

On May 22, 2005 1:51 AM, Gautam Global added:

Mr.Jakhmola, has a very torrid imagination.
We replied to his e-mails and also informed him that the enquired seeds are not available at this point of time.
We have a policy of checking our stocks and then only confirming availablity.
Also he was looking for some plants, we informed him that we are not a plant nursery.
It is very unethical, juvenile and delinquent on his part to give us a negative rating, since we took no payments from him , made no false offers to him and above all gave him a transparent feedback.
Regarding his allegation that we have false address, I can only say that he is falsifying,misrepresenting, and hallucinating things.
34 Old Cannought Place has been my family residence for 3 generations and I receive all my mail at this address only.
If Mr.Jakhmola does not know how to ask for directions or probably never even came to the address, is serious problem, and I would recommend him to have serious psychological counselling.
I am very concerned about his welfare.Poor thing.

On Jun 4, 2005 4:59 AM, Gautam Global added:

In my recent communications with Anshu, I have found him to be a delightful person with a passion for plantsl ike all of us at Dave's garden.I am eagerly looking forward to my meeting with him.Owing to wrong directions, he could not meet me earlier, I will be seeing him soon now.

Negative semillas
El Paso / Canary Islands
Spain (Zone 10b)
January 21, 2005
Warning to order something at this company.

Company owner Mr. Gautam is very busy and posting his seedlist at every forum he can reach.

After my first request I got a fast reply with availability of seeds but no prices and no shipment costs.

I then ordered in 2003 small amounts of seeds 50-100g -which I received in very bad condition, wrapped with some used paper - open, seeds running out - a wonder that customs didnīt confiscate it.

Shipment was incomplete - Mr. Gautam didnīt know what I had ordered - I sent a list of the items not delivered - after plenty of time received something - still articles missing others inside the shipment I never ordered.

In summer 2003 I sent money in advance with the costly Western Union service and never received any shipment.
After complaint didnīt get any answer. Then after another complaint y received a mail in January 2004 - asking what I had ordered - I sent the list of my order, but never received any seeds or any answer from Gautam global.

So I can warn everybody - the quality of the seeds I received was only acceptable with hardshelled seeds of long viability.
Which you can get anywhere in the world and donīt need to order in India.

All perishable seeds didnīt germ !!
I.e Spathodea campanulata was brown rotted material with nil germination. Boswellia - old - nil germination
On February 6th, 2005, semillas added the following:

After this posting Gautam Global refundet all the money I had payed in advance.
Positive rigu
Panama
Panama
September 25, 2004
On october 2003 I ordered seeds of Polyalthia Longifolia. I sent payment by Western Union and the cashed it. They told me they sent the seeds by regular mail but I did not received. I continue asking Gautam but he did not answer my e-mail that I sent more than 4 times.
On October 19th, 2004, rigu changed the rating from negative to positive and added the following:

Some weeks ago I received and e-mail from Gautam because of the negative reference on this forum. They explained that seeds were sent as per my instructions. I told them I needed the seed and I would send them money for covering courrier expenses. They told me they will resend seeds at their cost. I received the seeds today. I felt they care about my complain and they gave me a solution.
Negative kalo
June 28, 2004
About Dec. 2003 I ordered seeds from Gautum Global http://www.treeandseeds.com and charged to my Visa. I wrote to inquire when the order would be sent and over a period of weeks, he claimed to resend the order. This was the last communication received. Several emails later this person still refuses to respond. Despite warnings to post this bad experience, I still have no seeds, no response and no money.
At no time has this person actually said that seeds were sent. The fact that this person never responded tells all.
My suggestion would be not to deal with unscrupulous companies outside of the U.S.
Company representative comment on May 22, 2005:

On May 22, 2005 1:54 AM, Gautam Global added:

Respected Sir,
After e-mail communication with you, we have found out that your order sent out by airmail was not delivered to you.
We have issued you refund via paypal immediatly.