The scoop on 'Bayou Trader's Peppermania'

Bayou Trader's Peppermania

Stafford, Texas 77477
(United States)

» Like them on Facebook

Comments:

Negative gponder
Gold Hill, OR
April 27, 2013
Sorry to be the bearer of negativity but this source is not what it used to be. I placed a order for seeds 1 1/2 months ago and still haven't received them. No response to emails. The seeds were charged to my credit card. I now have to go through the hassle of challenging this charge. There are others on the hot pepper garden web board that are having the same problem. So sad because this seller does offer many seeds that aren't available elsewhere. I would not order from this source until we figure out what's going on.
Positive zebra1940
Concord, NC
May 29, 2012
Beautiful seeds that are obviously 'select' and generous.
Added information and personal thank you are indications that Beth really cares about her customers and business.
My order was sent so fast that I was surprised.

Beth is my first choice vendor! I would only go elsewhere if she does not have a pepper variety I am seeking.
Positive slackermom
Williamsport, OH
January 14, 2012
I have ordered from Beth three or four times. Truly a unique selection of hot peppers. Reasonable seed prices, one of the lowest shipping charges I have ever encountered, fast shipping, free gift seeds, and great germination. Peppermania should be first stop shopping for any hot pepper lover.
Positive cactusman8
San Marcos, TX (Zone 8b)
November 7, 2011
This was the third or fourth? time I've ordered from Beth. And it won't be my last. Her service is fast, dourteous, and accurate. What more could you ask for? She is THE source for all varieties of capsicum baccatum. Great job, Beth!
Positive CountryDaddy
Wilmington, IL
March 25, 2011
This is the first time I have ordered from Peppermania.
It started off with a great meal of tapas at a Spanish restaurant . One of the tapas was called Pimientos con Piquillo and consisted of Spanish Piquilla peppers stuffed with a variety of cheeses and spinach. Absolutely delicious! I decided then that I had to have those peppers. After some searching on the web, someone mentioned in a forum that Peppermania was a great place to deal with and I could get those seeds there. "Great place to deal with" is an understatement! I can't recall dealing with a company that provided such good products with good prices & great, friendly service. Plus, $1.50 for shipping any size order, anywhere in the country is amazing (I eliminate several seed companies from my list of prospects every year just because of their ridiculous shipping charges). The extra seed packages & the personal touch (such as emails & links to her blog & more) that Beth provides is purely heartwarming. Even though my order was small, she took the time to analyze it and sent me extra seeds based on what she thought I might like, along with a hand written thank you note! If you read this, Beth, this is Rod in Illinois. Thank you again.
Positive midwestchilehead
Tecumseh, KS
November 6, 2010
I have ordered from Beth twice now. The first time I ordered seeds and the second time hot sauce bottles. Both orders were as advertised and arrived quickly. She included free seeds in both orders and a ton of helpful information. A class act!
Positive susybell
Vancouver, WA (Zone 8a)
October 12, 2009
I've ordered from Beth for the last two years and have been quite happy. Her seeds germinate well, her shipping is reasonable and quick. She always includes a handwritten thank you on the order as well as bonus seeds. I plan to order from her again for next year.
Positive pithanny
Powell, TN
October 9, 2009
Beth was great! She did everything she could to make for an exceptional ordering experience. I will shop with her again.
Positive Gallius
Kailua, HI
September 7, 2009
I decided to place an order with PepperMania after experiencing some germination issues with pepper seeds purchased from another site. I'll not advertise for that site but their name rhymes with "Lemur"...
At any rate, I placed my order with PepperMania, plunked down my money and waited. It wasn't long before my seeds arrived and I set to ravenously putting them into seed plots. Fast forward 10 days and I'm nearing a 100% germination rate. Awesome! I can't say enough good things about this company, thanks gals/guys!
Positive p1mkw
Danville, IN (Zone 5b)
April 30, 2009
Beth at Peppermania is, without a doubt, one of the best people I have ever had the pleasure of dealing with. She goes out of her way to respond to emails promptly. What a great variety of peppers to choose from too and the prices can't be beat. I think I had my order in less than a week after placing it online. I highly recommend Bayou Trader's and will definitely be ordering more peppers next year from Beth.
Positive CO_Gardener
Broomfield, CO
September 24, 2008
In search of mole ingredients, I realized how difficult it can be to find chiles. Although I'll have to wait a long time to harvest chiles, I decided to grow my own. My quest then turned to finding the rare chile seeds. peppermania.com came up on a few messages so I checked it out. Beth's website listed chihuacle negro, chihuacle amarillo and chilcostle. After placing an order, I called to see if she was going to get chihuacle rojo, the last seed I was searching for. To my happy surprise, she did have the rojo. It was not on her website but will be added to my shipment. AMAZING. She is extremely knowledgeable about her products. I consider myself an avid gardener but learned quite a bit during our short conversation. I highly recommend this website and perhaps a phone call or email because she may have an item not listed.
Positive bibbykitty
San Antonio, TX (Zone 8b)
May 8, 2007
WOW!! Fast Shipping, Wonderful to buy from. Great selection. Can't wait to grow these peppers.... Extra seeds sent also. Thanks.
Positive satxjoe
Conroe, TX
February 18, 2006
Hi All,

I ordered seeds from Peppermania. The response was fast and the seeds germinted OK.

The next year (2004) I asked more questions and got good advice from Beth; she answered quickly and provied me with a lot of good information.

In 2004 Beth sent some free Capsicum seeds that she recommended, and she gave me advice on soils. The plants grew well and we had enough peppers to share with neighbors.

If you want pepper seeds that have good germination, and if you want a real person who might find time to respond to emails, I recommend Peppermania.

Satxjoe
Positive John11840
Higganum, CT
February 18, 2006
Beth was very responsive to my questions and I received the seeds in less that a week.
Positive jl_273
Hamlyn Terrace
Australia
January 16, 2006
I have puchased seeds from Beth at Peppermania 3 times now. The second time the package got lost in transit but when notified of this Beth reshipped. Communication was excellent. Each shipment included an extra packet of seeds which was a nice touch. Germination has been as quick as 9 days. I plant 5-6 seeds at a time and occasionally 1 seed doesn't germinate.

I can thoroughly recommend Peppermania.
Positive H_Vanderdekin
Mckinleyville, CA
January 25, 2005
Great service, good seeds (As in they germinate) good prices and a great and informative website.

Positive Mister_Al
Pinson, AL
April 23, 2003
I received my seeds within two weeks of the day I mailed my order.
They have a good selection of pepper seeds to choose from, good prices, good quantity of seeds per pack, and all the seeds I've planted from them have germinated. Also, their shipping rates are the lowest I've found.
I'm very satisfied with their products, and service, and I will probably do business with them again in the future. I give them a very positive recommendation.