The scoop on 'Vortine™ High Performance Mini Tiller'

Vortine™ High Performance Mini Tiller

Dept. 34033V, 30 Wright Avenue
Lititz, Pennsylvania 17543-9955 (United States)

Phone: 1-866-291-2589
Fax: 1-800-822-5829

This company is affiliated with Red Ox Machines (PBM Group)

Editor's Comment:
Closed November 2007. Per a note from the company's representative, the Vortine™ High Performance Mini Tiller is no longer available.

Comments:

Neutral kensteward
Silva, MO
April 24, 2008
Three years ago I purchased the Vortine High performance Tiller and was very happy with its performance. it started every time with one pull of the cord. The second year it started with only one pull; but then, as the season wore on, it began to blow smoke. Last year I had no trouble starting it, but the smoke continued and i had to keep adding oil. Then the oil began leaking out. A couple of days ago i got out the tiller and tried starting it, wanting to prepare my garden for planting. Now it won't start at all. Now what do I do? From what I have just read of the negative response, if I return to tiller to the company - at my expense, which is an unthinkable thought - the company won't do anything about it. Do I buy another Vortine, or do I go with another company and another major expense?
Positive stevebart
Weatherly, PA
March 3, 2008
I had my Vortine tiller for approximately 4 years and have not had any significant problems with it, the only thing that has happened is a shear pin was lost due to the cotter pin getting torn off during use and I had to adjust the throttle cable twice, that's it ! I'm completly blown away by the ease of starting and on the first attempt. My garden measures 40' x 50' and this machine handles it perfectly, until then I used a big 5 hp tiller that now sits in my garage, nice going guys !
Positive robrenee2000
Fulton, NY
July 12, 2007
I have had my Vortine for four years and the transmission began to slip. I emailed the company to ask what to do about it and with in 2-3 days the Fed Ex truck pulled in to drop off a brand new transmission... no questions asked. It now works perfectly. My husband and I are impressed with the quick response by the company. We would gladly do business with them in the future.
Positive wjaster
Waynesboro, PA
October 4, 2006
I purchased the Vortine tiller about 18 months ago and it has been wonderful. I had a rock jam between the transmission housing and the tine which resulted in breaking the transmission housing. I contacted the company since the Vortine mini-tiller is advertised as having a 5 year warranty. Within 72 hours I received a replacement transmission. It just doesn't get any better for service than this! I am very impressed with their service. The company stands behind their product.
Negative colerainrjb
Mt. Pleasant, OH (Zone 6a)
April 24, 2005
I purchased a Vortine tiller last Aug. (2004) with the understanding that I could return it within one year if I was not satisfied. I used it last fall and fell in love with it. It started on the first pull every time. It has a honda 4 cycle engine which is great, not mixing of fuel and oil. It did a great job of tilling up new ground. I have a small to medium size garden. This spring I started using the tiller again. It started on the first pull after sitting in the garage all winter. Now the bad part. After about two weeks of use this spring, the gears started to slip and after a few more uses, they slipped all the time. The tines just would not turn. I am 1/4 through with my garden and now the tiller doesn't work at all. I was sick. I called the company and they said just send it back and they would refund my money. No questions asked. They didn't offer to fix it or send me another one. I think they have a problem with the fiber gears. They really should last longer than one season. If they fixed this problem it would be a great tiller, a lot better than the Mantis, which I use to own. I might consider purchasing their bigger version. I'm now waitng for them to credit my money back to me on my credit card. Will let you know how things turn out. The person I spoke with on the phone was very pleasant. I would have thought that they would have wanted to know why I was sending it back, and try to get me another one.
When it was working, it did a great job.

Respectfully submitted;