The scoop on 'Exotic Hibiscus'

Exotic Hibiscus

1370 Crescent Avenue
LaBella, Florida 33935 (United States)

Phone: (863) 674-1902

» Like them on Facebook

Comments:

Positive cherrykist
High Point, NC
April 6, 2011
I recently made my first purchase from Exotic Hibiscus. I ordered one as I was have a hard time finding the variety I wanted anywhere else. Not only was I surprised by how quick the shipping was but the packaging was great. But Oops inside were 3 plants not one. I realized after seeing the varieties that this was not my order. I quickly contacted the company via email. I recieved a return email less than 24 hours with a solution. My original order just arrived and the packaging was just as nice as before. The plant was a little sad from the travel but nothing a little TLC won;t cure. The plant otherwise was rather large. I am very happy with the service and the product.
Positive blupit007
Clinton, CT (Zone 6b)
October 15, 2010
I just received a beautiful healthy green plant from Exotic Hibiscus. It traveled all the way to Connecticut in a perfect box with some extra potting mix for me to plant it in, and arrived completely unharmed, as if it were hand delivered. It is big, healthy, green, no bugs, and actually has a bud on it. Thanks Curt and your staff for this perfect plant!
Kristen
Negative pkirk646
Titusville, FL
April 25, 2010
Bought 14 plants at the end of the summer season and they were all small plugs not quart size plants as advertised. They were infested with aphids and were sickly plants. Contacted Curt who was very rude and I would NEVER buy from this nursery. Plants were in horrible condition and failed to thrive and we spent over 200.00 on these plants when we could have bought from Lowes and received healthy LARGE plants for much less and they would have lived. Buyers beware!
Company representative comment on April 26, 2010:
On Apr 26, 2010 8:51 AM, Exotic Hibiscus responded with:

I do not even have pots under 4.5 inches on the property which are quart size pots?! Without finding the acutal order, he could have ordered the $5 plugs which are baby rooted plants or liners and are so advertised. Baby plants and even quarts should be just kept moist and not soaked or they will get root rot or at least have problems developing. I do not remember this order but if someone calls and insists the pots are the wrong size, I may well have lost patience.
All the best,
Curt

Positive jessicabw
Orlando, FL
April 2, 2010
I appreciated the positive feedback on here in helping me to decide to do business with Exotic Hibiscus so I want to add my experience as well.

Curt, the owner, was very easy to access by email as well as by phone. I had questions prior to ordering and he was very helpful with those. I ordered 3 of the smaller sized plants and I was actually expecting them to be smaller than they were, so that was a nice surprise. One plant came with a bloom on it! They looked healthy albeit they are just now coming out for the spring. The leaves are a dark green and no bugs or fungus.

I'm only about an hour and a half from Exotic Hibiscus so I didn't have to worry about danger of frost with shipping as some other states are still having to worry out so I was able to get them pretty quickly. They were packaged well, very creative packaging actually.

I'm going to be ordering more in a month or two so the plants have time to "fluff out" after the cold winter. Curt had said that some of the plants weren't ready yet so I just have to be patient now! I highly recommend this company.
Positive davis1676
Disputanta, VA (Zone 7a)
August 8, 2009
I recently placed a large order with Exotic Hibiscus & received very healthy plants from plugs to gallon sized plants. Good prices, super communication & very helpful with suggestions.
Positive stplong
Huber Heights , OH (Zone 5b)
December 5, 2008
This was our first time ordering from Exotic hibiscus and I have to say we are very pleased. The plants that came are very healthy looking and they sent some extra soil along with instructions and additional information. They seem to care very much about what they send out to their customers, we will definately be ordering from them again in the future. Thanks again Exotic hibiscus for your great service.
Neutral pattybotanic
Lansdale, PA
August 19, 2008
I ordered 3 hibiscus from them in June for a total of $45. All were about 4" to 5" plugs (not including the pot in the size). They are still alive but not overly vigorous and have yet to flower even though I have fed them regularly with a hibiscus specific food. I wish I had waited and just bought some of the nice big bushy ones my local nursery got in this month. Such is the penalty for early summer impatience.
Positive houstmag
Kissimmee, FL
September 13, 2007
Very good service, quick delivery and healthy well packed plants, I would recommend to any one looking for
great hibiscus
Positive amarantha00
San Bernardino, CA (Zone 8b)
August 31, 2007
Great experiences with Exotic Hibiscus. I've purchased all different sizes of plants and they are always larger than expected. Curt Sinclair is great to talk to, is full of good information and provides top-notch customer service. After my daughter's beloved Gator Pride was first ruined by the crazy California freeze last year, and then furthered tortured by ignorant gardeners, one phone call to Curt is all it took before he sent my us a huge and beautiful new plant!

I've also purchased from their Ebay store, and customer service/shipper Jason has been helpful and generous as well. Great company all the way around.
Positive gloriag
Floyd, VA (Zone 6b)
September 14, 2006
I bought several liners which were delivered promptly; they are sturdy and healthy and doing just fine under my lights. I hope next summer they will be nice size bushes.
I certainly would order from them again. I wish them all the success in the world.
Positive DonnaB
Vancleave, MS (Zone 8b)
May 5, 2006
Have made a couple of orders with them and recieved beautiful healthy plants both times. Sent 1 wrong plant which was replaced by correct plant immediately after notifying them.
Positive fraugfreak
Oklahoma City, OK
October 22, 2005
Received my five liners yesterday, got them planted and they look great. The only problems were the delivery man delivered them to the wrong house (not EH's fault) and i received a different variety than what i ordered (which is okay they are both beautiful). They sent my fifth variety without question that i added later and potting soil, which was a pleasant surprise since i didn't have any left over from summer. Overall positive experience for the price and I will definately order from them again. Thanks!! :)
Positive manihi
Elburn, IL (Zone 6a)
October 6, 2005
Ordered online & then called to add more plants. Bought 9 liners & 2 plants, lost one liner that will be replaced. All other liners are growing well & Erin Rachel is in a 6" pot that has been blooming for the past month, the Cranberry is growing like a weed. Ordered a 2nd time, haven't received it yet; Curt is easy to talk to & very helpful. Does sometimes take a bit before they return their calls. He sent potting soil to use for potting up all the plants, his prices are great & the liners are a good value. His replacement policy says 30 days.
Negative bluejean
Orleans, IN
May 22, 2005
I purchased $80.00 in Hibiscus Plants form Exotie Hibiscus. They all where dried out but one when i got them and it made it O.K. Never again will i deal with them. Bluejean.
Company representative comment on May 24, 2005:

On May 24, 2005 7:48 AM, Exotic Hibiscus added:

He got two quarts and was very happy with them (not mentioned here) and tried some liners. He e mailed that three did not make it but that was OK. Sent replacements anyway. I have never had any 'dried out' before so very confusing. We bend over backwards to please our customers.
Curt Sinclair, owner

Positive TwinLakesChef
OC, CA & Twin Lakes IA, IA (Zone 4b)
October 2, 2004
They are delightful over the phone; called them because I had a little trouble sending my order through their website.

They are hybridizers and sell only their own. I will buy from them in the future.

Note: If they ship to CA it is a little more because of the distance; they insist on 3 day to insure the health of your plant.
Positive nathalyn
Knoxville, TN (Zone 7a)
August 30, 2004
I was very pleased with the size and quality of the tropical hibiscus that I ordered from them. I recommend them for both quality and value.
Positive brucedean
Jackson, GA (Zone 7a)
April 11, 2003
Sent healthy well packed plants with well written care instructions.They had a good selection at reasonable prices.