The scoop on 'Limerock Ornamental Grasses, Inc.'

Limerock Ornamental Grasses, Inc.

Port Matilda, Pennsylvania 16870
(United States)

We do not have a web address listed for this company.

Editor's Comment:
Closed January 2007: per a note from a user, we have confirmed that Limerock Ornamental Grasses has closed.

Comments:

Neutral JeffyF
State College, PA
July 26, 2005
As of July 2005, the owner of Limerock Ornamental Grasses has closed. I managed to chat with him on his last day of buisness and he said that he was planning on retiring and has sold the property. What the new owners will do with the property is unknown.
Positive tcfromky
Mercer, PA (Zone 5a)
August 13, 2004
The Mercer County Master Gardeners recently toured the Limerock Ornamental Grasses nursery. Several of us purchased grasses and other perennial flowers that are for sale there. I cannot comment on how my ornamental grass is doing yet as I have just set M. 'Malenartus' in the soil and it's not established well enough for me to notice any health related conditions. Overall, the tour of Limerock went very well and was quite interesting.
Positive BruMeta
Livingston Manor, NY
January 15, 2004
I placed a sizeable order with Limerock in 2001. The experience was good; all grasses have done very well in my zone 5a, Catskill garden. I received one plant in that order which did poorly. I contacted Limerock, and without question they sent a replacement (that has done very well, too).

A note about the Limerock catalog: succinct and accurate descriptions of grasses, helpful and useful horticultural info with the best planting and spacing guides Iíve found. Limerock is not the cheapest source for grasses, but they offer a wide selection, and their plants perform well. A good resource.
Positive MCMOWRY
March 28, 2003
I ordered six (6) ornamental grasses from Limerock. The packaging was very good and the grasses were moist. Plants are in approx. 4" pots which may seem small, but are worth it for hard to find grasses. All six have begun to show new growth within two weeks, and I'm sure that once established these plants will take off. Bottom line: a good site to order those grasses that are not readily available at your local nurseries.
Negative Eric_OH
Columbus, OH (Zone 6a)
January 16, 2003
I had a problem trying to navigate their website and e-mailed the company about it. No response.