The scoop on 'Wright Gardens'

Wright Gardens

201 Pecan Rd
Plantersville, Alabama 36758 (United States)

Phone: 1-877-252-9554

» Like them on Facebook

Company Comment, posted on January 26, 2006:
Our family has been growing quaility annuals, perennials, herbs, and vegetables since 1967. The greenhouse and nursery currently consist of 95,000 square feet of indoor space and 20,000 square feet of outdoor growing space. Please take a look at our website to learn more about Wrightgardens.com, see pictures of our nursery, and to view our ever increasing catalog of over 695 plants.

Taking orders for Spring 2013 delivery

Comments:

Positive hydro485
Northport, AL
June 9, 2011
Excellent 5-star seller. The hosta plants arrived in excellent condition. I planted them right away and they never had any transplant shock. They acted like they had been at my house forever and are thriving. In fact, they have blooms on them now.
Positive apitsenberger
Shorewood, IL (Zone 5b)
June 9, 2011
I ordered bareroot Apricot Sparkles daylilies. I was expecting to receive just roots with all the greenery cut off the top. I was pleasantly surprised to receive fully grown and mature plants! Many had buds on them. The plants arrived healthy and well packed. I planted them immediately, and they are doing great in my garden! I will be sure to return for more plants next year!
Positive maledicto
Los Angeles, CA
May 30, 2011
Posted on March 31, 2011, updated May 30, 2011
Healthy snapdragons arrived in good time. I have ordered from this company before, and have nothing but the highest praise for it.
On May 30th, 2011, maledicto added the following:

Purchased verbenas; the plants are large & healthy, thanks again!
Positive onewish1
Denville, NJ (Zone 6b)
May 4, 2011
Posted on May 22, 2007, updated May 4, 2011
My delivery arrived in not so great condition, but the plants that were damaged were replaced quickly and without a hassle... two of the nine plants were overturned in shipping and got pretty beat up... and the tags fell out.. one of them looked to be in ok condition... but because of the missing tags I was not sure which one it was...

I left a voice mail when it was after operating hours, and I received a response email within a few hours, that the items would be replaced as soon as possible....

The second order arrived within a week in great shape... I would buy again from this site.. but they might want to change the way they pack things due to the way packages are handled in delivery (not due to there own fault)... but the reality is packages get tossed around and there are some changes that can be made

Allison
On May 4th, 2011, onewish1 added the following:

well my post office once again beat the heck out of the shipments.. the first arrived totally destroyed.. looks like the boxes were sat on and kicked around.. 2nd shipment was better but still had one box badly beaten.. I am very happy with the customer service and again would buy from again.. I posted photos in my dairy

Positive bsmitch
Nancy, KY (Zone 6a)
April 12, 2011
I had very good communications during my purchase experience. The plants were shipped on time and were packaged securely and arrived in excellent condition. I recommend Wright's Gardens to everyone who expects excellence in garden plants and service...
William G Mitchell
Positive jackieblue42
Daleville, AL
March 23, 2011
Received my order of 6 Marguerite ornamental sweet potato plants today. The plants were much larger than I was anticipating and very healthy. I snipped a piece of vine last year at the end of the summer and unfortunately it did not make our cold winter. Based on how fast these vines grow I was determined to get started early as these plants are beautiful. The plants were not wilted nor were they yellowed from lack of sun (which they have a tendacy to do very quickly). This is my first mail order shipment of plants and I am so pleased. Great packing job too, No soil lost in the box. Great experience definitley exceeded my expectations.
Positive kkirschbaum
Yonkers, NY (Zone 6b)
November 11, 2010
I recently ordered a dozen wallflowers and was very pleased. The plants arrived in great condition, and I was especially happy to be able to order these annuals for the fall. The packaging was great, and I will definitely be looking to Wright Gardens as a future source for my needs.
Positive becomng
Philadelphia, PA
July 9, 2010
Wright Garden rocks - this was my first order, and vigorous, healthy plants arrive quickly, packed well, and are already thriving. Thanks!
Bruce Marshall, Philadelphia
Positive njjpl
Pequannock, NJ
May 10, 2010
Plants are perfect, arrived exactly as specified. Everything I ordered are perfect. Will be ordering again next year.
Positive gemini63
Chatham, IL
May 6, 2010
Ordered two calico ornamental pepper plants from Wright Gardens. Exremely pleased! Plants arrived in supreme condition. They were healthy with multiple new sprouts. Packaging was incredibly secure. Can say honestly I have not received plants from rival companies in such good condition. Will definitely be looking to Wright Gardens in the future. Great job!
Positive JanBeaver
Doylestown, PA
May 4, 2010
Plants were in outstanding shape and of extremely good quality!! Can't wait to see them in bloom! Beautifully packaged and delivered better than expected. Thanks so much Dave!!!
Jan Beaver
Positive bobloki
Tulsa, OK
May 1, 2010
beautiful healthy plants,smoking fast shipping!!!!!!
Positive terriwatson1227
Shreveport, LA (Zone 8a)
April 16, 2010
I was EXTREMELY pleased with my experience in ordering live plants from this site. I was afraid the plants wouldn't make it through the mail process but they did and they were beautiful. I was extremely pleased that when the site indicated the plants would be available for shipping on April 12th and they arrived on April 14th.

I will use this site in the future when purchasing live plants on line.

Thank you so much and I'll let you know how they produce as the summer progresses.
Positive williamsae
Katy, TX
April 15, 2010
Fast shipping, excellent products, friendly staff; what else can I say. I am definitely a returning customer.
Positive ValerieCranmer
Lugoff, SC
April 14, 2010
First time customer. Plants arrived in perfect condition. I was notified of a delay in shipping and contacted when my order was shipped.
Positive kins02
Brooklyn, NY
June 20, 2009
On a recent garden tour, I saw a beautiful plant -- begonia bonfire. On the Internet I found that Wright Gardens had this plant and I ordered 2 on Thursday. I was pleasantly surprised when, two days later, on Saturday morning the plants arrived! Super fast shipping. The plants were well-packed and arrived in perfect shape. The plants are large and are in bloom. I am pleased to have found this great source for good plants and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them.
Positive TheNJBen
Old Bridge, NJ
June 16, 2009
Super quick shipping and large healthy plant received! The Heuchera looks great in the dappled sunshine under the shade of my new Franklin Tree.
Positive Tyro3
Hampton, VA
May 8, 2009
My dianthus elation whites were delivered as if they had floated down from the heavens. The flats were expertly and ingeniously secured upright in a large, sturdy box, and almost every plant (of 36) was actually in bloom. I would not hesitate to do business with Wright Gardens again. I was very impressed. Plus, shipment was prompt and executed just as described.
Positive tropicalkaren
The Villages, FL (Zone 9a)
May 8, 2009
Package received quickly, packed extremely well. Plants were in beautiful condition!
Positive tobee43
groveland, FL (Zone 9b)
June 9, 2008
Excellent Company to do business with. I rec'd my plants, two were broken while being shipped. I really wasn't going to bother with contacting them for replacements as this is my busy time of year.

I didn't have to. A prompt email was sent by Davy himself, making sure the order was rec'd etc.

I wrote him back and explained about the two plants that got broken while being shipped. He promptly sent me two replacement which arrived safe and sound.

Since my business designs flower beds and containers it is important for me to have companies i can rely on. Wright Gardens has become one of those companies.

Buy with Confidence you will NOT be disappointed. I will be back next year and order more!
Positive jmbauer
Norcross, GA
May 28, 2008
I have been using Wright Gardens for mail order annuals for the last couple of years now. In a nutshell, “Great plants, great service, great people…”
Positive jbwong21
Walnut Creek, CA
May 6, 2008
Plants were excellent quality, packaging was superior.
Highly recommended!
Positive de_george
Midland, MI
May 1, 2008
Perfect . . . plants arrived when scheduled, in absolutely perfect condition, bigger and better than what I get from Bluestone. Plant and shipping prices were reasonable too. Couldn't be happier.
Positive cjray
Spring Hill, TN
April 14, 2008
I found the plant I had been looking for and ordered online
which I was worried about because plants are fragile. Well, I need not worry. The beautiful plants come in perfect condition and are actually growing nicely in there travel containers because I haven't been able to transplant yet. I am very happy with this company! Thanks a bunch, C.J.
Positive tootle
Jacksonville, NC (Zone 8b)
April 12, 2008
Just had my first order from Wright Gardens and am very pleased with the service and the lovely plants. I will be using them again I'm sure.
Positive REXTHELAB
Rancho Santa Margarita, CA
July 26, 2007
** 3 Thumbs Up! **

Ordered Iresine, Perilla & Coleus. Plants showed up nice and healthy. No broken branches or stems, they were packed very nicely.

All the way from Alabama to California with no problems!

The shipping is kinda expensive but it is worth it to get plants that are not all dried out and half dead from the heat.

Would order from these folk again!

Positive threemonkeys
Marietta, GA
July 24, 2007
Wonderful company-very honest and fair. Flowers were in great condition due to the unique packaging they use.
Positive STUARTPJR
Alpharetta, GA
May 29, 2007
I was extremely satisfied with my first experience with Wright Gardens.

The packaging of the plants showed that they cared about protecting what they were sending.

The quality and size the the plants exceeded my expectations. They looked fantastic.

I will definitely do business with them again in the future.
Positive MamaCatPaws
Oakland, TN
May 25, 2007
Ordered 6 Rosy Returns daylilies and received within 6 days. Company followed up several times with emails on the order and ship status. Plants were packaged well and arrived in good condition, despite being left in the sun by the postal service (USPS). The plants suffered from the heat, but rebounded quickly after a good soak and quick planting. Ordered from this company because of the customer comments here (davesgarden). Was pleased with the service and am glad to support a family-run company. Definitely will order from Wright Gardens again!
Positive ellenelle
Baldwin, NY
May 11, 2007
After reading the good reviews, I decided to get a couple of daylilies from Wright Gardens to replace some disappointing ones I had gotten from another, more well known, nursery. I'm very happy with my plants. They were shipped sooner than promised (I had requested ASAP, knowing that their shipping schedule probably could not accommodate me this week) and arrived quickly. Nice size plants arrived in great condition. I'm especially delighted to see that the foliage was not cut back at all (as it usually is with bare-root daylilies) and looks great, thanks to clever packing technique. In addition, communication was very good. Prices of plants and shipping are very reasonable, too. A very positive experience!
Positive devant
Hilton Head Island, SC
April 14, 2007
The plants I ordered arrived in a healthy condition. I was pleased and surprised at the size of the plants. One was missing but there was a message on the invoice stating they had broken one while packing and, as they didn't have any more, they would ship another plant within a week. I received e-mails keeping me informed as to shipment, etc. Excellent product and great service.
Positive viviliang
Macon, GA
April 13, 2007
I just got my order, all of plants are excellent, what a wonderful service, really nice people and service! So happy to finally find a such wonderful online nursery!!!
Positive mryfrn2
Chester, IL
April 6, 2007
I received my plants in excellent condition. I have been looking for these particular plants for quite some time and they are exactly what I expected and I am totally pleased.
Thanks for your courteous and prompt service.
Positive pjank46
Selma, AL (Zone 8a)
April 4, 2007
I recieved my plants in excellent condition. No travel fatigue or damage. They called to tell me my order would be shipped on Monday,,very friendly and helpful folks. Will be ordering more from them later.
Positive EdwardC
Austin, TX
March 2, 2007
I ordered 12 "New Gold" lantana on Fed 23 2007. Plants were shipped quickly and arrived in excellent condition. All where healthy, fine specimens. Packaging was meticulous.

I wouldn't hesitate to order from this vendor again.
Positive prissylb43
Midland, TX
September 13, 2006
This whole transaction was just a very pleasant experience!The daylilys I received are the nicest ones ever. Very careful packing. The healthiest, largest fans, just wonderful plants from these folks, & so friendly also. Highly recommend Wright Gardens! Thanks much!
Lynn in Texas
Positive phredo
Monroeville, PA
June 26, 2006
So happy to find yet another good source for hostas. Gave Wright's Gardens a try since they had a few hostas "on sale". Shipping was a bit high but still a good deal considering that they offer a $3.00 discount for Dave's Garden members! Easy transaction, fast shipping, nice plants. Thanks, WG.
Positive IslandGurl
San Diego, CA (Zone 10b)
June 11, 2006
I bought two gorgeous Magilla Perilla plants from this company, and they arrived quickly and in perfect condition. I plan to buy more products from them...and highly recommend them!

Kim
San Diego, CA
Positive sunshine_lady
Gun Barrel City, TX
June 9, 2006
This company is wonderful. They had plants that I couldn't find on other sites. The plants that I received were beautiful and very healthy. They were even blooming. I will recommend this company to all my family and friends.
Positive leduck
Athens, TN
May 11, 2006
Timely shipping with the plants in very good shape upon arrival. I would highly recommend this company. Thanks!