Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

The scoop on 'River's Source Botanicals'

730-A Camino Del Medio
Taos, New Mexico 87571 (United States)

Paper Catalog Cost: $4

This company offers a variety of seeds.

Company Comment, posted on March 21, 2003:
Formerly Wildflowers Of Heaven, Rivers Source Ethnobotany was established in 1993.

Offering rare, sometimes endangered, plants, seeds, and herbs worldwide. Worldwide collection, specializing in sacred and visionary plants. Plants sold for ornamental uses and anything not prohibited by law.

Some states and countries may have restrictions on certian species we offer. Please check with your customs import department, and read our shipping policy before ordering.

--------------------------------------

It remains my desire to have links from TGW to my sight removed because I couldn't ethically have a link from my sight to TGW. The reason being is that many people are reluctant to mention to others that they purchase from RSB because of the somewhat controversial nature of my product line. It's clearly stated in on the information page of my sight at http://riverssourcebotanicals.com/introduction.php

About Confidentiality:
"Whatever business you do with us will stay between us only. We don't sell or give our mailing list to anyone. Anyone requesting to not be on our mailing list won’t be. Unless you've actually ordered something you aren't on our mailing list. Receiving a catalog doesn't count as an order." This is because a great many people desire to stay anonymous. Hence, RSB is hard to accurately rate with your system: except persons seeking an outlet for practicing scapegoattisim, few would comment. If you’ve a law that says you can post any link you want on your sight I won’t make a heated issue out of this, but in such case do me the favor of posting this paragraph on your sight too.

All the Best,
Phillip/Owner RSB

Comments:

Positive dr_incarnate
San Francisco, CA
May 28, 2016
I have placed several (5+) orders from RSB over the past 5 years. With the exception of one order I have always purchased the same product (though I have not ordered the seeds/roots that others have reported problems with). Each time I have received my complete order in a timely manner—each time authentic to the specimen and quantity described but with widely varying qualities.
While I admittedly do rely on online reviews of businesses, I rarely post my own experience unless I feel the need to give a spectacular recommendation, or a dire warning, to others. My experience RSB fits into neither category—I placed an order and later received it, no big whoop. However considering the generally dodgy situation of botanical retail market, especially those catering to boutique/niche clientele, RSB provides a service which, like any small business comes some risk to its owner and likely little profit for their efforts. This is just my experience and my presumption, but I felt the need to add my own review of this business—that being generally positive.
Negative hudsons
Port Lavaca, TX
April 6, 2016
Posted on April 5, 2016, updated April 6, 2016
I first contacted the owner via his site, I asked if he had what he advertised, he returned my question with an upset toned email saying \"nice, I put it in the newsletter and someone asks if I have it\" when a simple \"yes\" would do, considering I just found him on the net how am I to know what\'s in his newsletter?I sent my money for 30g mimosa bark and 100 mimosa seeds.A week later I get a letter from him asking what my address is and what I ordered, I sent a money order, my address was on the envelop, the order form, AND the money order, and he lost it.Then I recieve 30g of \"cumula bark\" not \"mimosa bark\" as I ordered and 1100 seeds.No, \"sorry I didn\'t have that so here are some extra seeds\" no explaination at all, just a bait and switch in my opinion as I didn\'t recieve what I paid for, and upon working, the bark is bunk.Only out $40, but you\'d be wise to steer clear of this vendor, he\'s gone to lunch,... for good.
On April 6th, 2016, hudsons added the following:

I should've said "lost my order even though it was in the envelop on the money order, and in an email order directly to his site" not lost my address.
Company representative comment on July 6, 2016:
On Apr 22, 2016 1:42 PM, River\\\'s Source Botanicals responded with:

Thanks, This person has never bought anything from me, so I\'ve never taken his money and sent him anything bad or ripped-him off. I\'ve also no recollection of corresponding with them. Possibly they\'re thinking of someone else?
I\'ve been very ill with medical condition so I\'ve read little mail that\'s not a customer order, because I don\'t have the mental energy to keep up with correspondences except with immediate family and close local friends.
From all I gather, in regards to Dave\'s web site is, most people only want to know if they bought something are they going to receive a quality bargain, not if they send me personal emails and I do or don\'t have strength to read them.
99.99% of all people will never have any reason or desire to send me more than an order,
I\'ve been going through therapy that\'s not unlike chemotherapy in that it so totally zaps energy in a way that I wish I could die, and at times have been suicidal, so there\'s no way my family and friends want me to be reading things sitting home alone that would push me to kill myself..
My sister Barb says I should tell whoever wrote this somethings that I won\'t repeat cus they aren\'t nice. But I appreciate her and know she means well.
I\'m also very sorry for the writer of this, because, in my opinion, there\'s a great opportunity for him to show goodwill that he can grow in,. As I recall our great man is said to have said something like, \"Do good to those who do wrong to you that your great works (love) will shine for all to see\". (Jesus). The story of Buddha and Angulimala can be referenced through search engine, and is a great example of what I\'m meaning here. Buddha converted a feared murderer by showing him great love and compassion that no one else would...
By all accounts I\'m very sorry I haven\'t been able to know all his needs, and this isn\'t meant sarcastically. It\'s a message to anyone who has a need to write me to please be patient and matters will come together.
The sad thing, that as done negative reports about businesses to a halt is that statistics show 99.999% of all propel who buy something online, and are very happy with it, will never go to a social media website, such as Facebook or this one and say that they liked it, it is only people in the 0.001% who have an ax to grind that will say anything on a media website.
RSB was established in 1993 and has served upwards of 100.000 orders since then, so if there\'s 10 negative reports about us here that\'s not 0.00001% off all the people we\'ve served.
Don\'t be discouraged - life\'s good! There\'s a zillion more reasons to smile than be unhappy.

On Jul 6, 2016 8:28 PM, River\'s Source Botanicals added:

I was thinking about contacting the person who wrote this to see if they needed anything or they felt resolved, all in good faith. A search of my sent email correspondences for a month prior to the posting date shows no such correspondence. Perhaps this was more than 30 prior to the posting date? Review of the mailing list shows his contact isn't one, of course anyone can have their contact removed with the unsubscribe button. however, he's on the list of contacts that were sent the newsletter in Febuary and all prior. But it was unprofessional to react like that weather he had or hadn't it really should have anything to do with it.

Negative Interstellar
Toronto,
October 26, 2015
Posted on October 23, 2015, updated October 26, 2015
$55 USD of items were ordered using my mom\'s credit card (I\'m a 23-year old student). Explained this to owner, which he said was no problem. Had a nice conversation with the fellow, in fact, and we lamented the dubious practices of people in this scene (we were both thinking of buyers more than sellers, I think, as I\'ve had no issues with any other sellers). 12 days later, after hearing no response to the 2 emails I had sent during that period requesting an update on my order, I finally received a response (Day 14 since Payment) - after threatening to go to the bank to recover my money - stating my package had been sent fully insured the day before, though my tracking number (which had been paid for) was never given and my requests for same were studiously ignored. Only later, would I be informed that during this time he was waiting for the credit card payment to clear. That\'s the type of pertinent information I would have liked to have known when I was asking for a status update a few days after placing my order, when I began to wonder what the holdup was.

13 days after the package was shipped, I went to the nearest Canada Post outlet to grab it. Having read the reviews on this page, as well some of the others found on Google for RSB, I figured it\'d be a good idea to check everything was there. And, sure enough, I noticed the package of Trichocereus pachanoi (1 gram package) was not included on the package manifest of items shipped (though it had been paid for and was included on the receipt) and was absent from the seeds received. I\'ll give the people of RSB the benefit of the doubt and assume this was an honest mistake. Later, once I got home, I noticed that two of my poppy seed packages didn\'t sound like they had anything inside. Knowing poppy seeds are quite small, I decided to open the packages, knowing that this could be an intentional ploy to get to people to sign away their money (once a package is open, how you can prove there was nothing in there?). Neither package had anything inside it. These were sealed, labelled packages - with nothing in them. What the hell? That couldn\'t have been a mistake, not least of which because BOTH of them were empty. To make a long story short, nearly a third of my order had not been shipped (15/55 USD). After the earlier issues, I was seething.

After checking the remaining packages and seeing no visible issue with their contents, I emailed RSB. I admit, my email was long. I like to provide proof of my statements if possible (which involved posting links to this page and a few others), as well as thorough explanation (so no questions need to be asked), and as to the extent possible I try not to be blunt. If I am, I like to soften the blow afterwards. Nobody likes being accused. But nobody likes feeling taken advantage of either. And when the majority of the posted reviews of a company\'s site details issues exactly the same as the one I had, it\'s a little tough to give someone the benefit of the doubt. I also took issue with the owner\'s shilling on this page, as well as his venomous replies to aggrieved customers. If a customer feels taken advantage of, it is NOT the place of the vendor to attempt to discredit them. It\'s a seller\'s job to make the customer feel like they can trust the seller, and would like to do business with them again. And if a customer has a grievance, it is the job of the seller to remedy it as soon as possible, in a respectful and compassionate manner. Not to continuously haunt this review page writing lame and outright ridiculous retorts spinning the issue around onto the customer in a feeble attempt to explain why he couldn\'t pony up 1 gram of seeds or whatever (which doesn\'t even make sense to begin with when it\'s the same grievance being lodged against the seller by different customers). But I digress; back to my email. So the nature of my email was factual, disappointed, and accusatory (though to my credit I did create outs in that mistakes are made, but need simply to be amended), which given the above mentioned, is not unreasonable. Besides, I\'m pretty much confident I\'m never going to see the seeds that weren\'t sent, so why mess around?

The response began very professionally. \"I\'m sorry to hear that...\". It then quickly devolved into the types of excuses and deflections teenage junkies make to explain why the family change drawer is empty again. \"Your address was too long, so I forgot to send the San pedro seeds\" (this is a paraphrase, as is the below quote). \"Wow, you sent a long email, here\'s five sentences patronizing you about it, finishing up with \'are you okay?\'\". Yeah, I\'m okay. I\'m the not one who needs to send out five dollar empty seed packets to make it through the day, and I\'m definitely not the one who can\'t mentally deal with a one digit address and a 3 digit suite number.

So to conclude: take your business elsewhere. There are plenty of vendors out there willing to give you what you paid for plus a little extra most of the time and keep you updated without needing to be asked. And don\'t be seduced by the appearance of a seller\'s page alone or their associations with other companies the way I was. RSB is a listed Erowid vendor and still conducts their business this way. Always seek reviews from other people, since as I learned from this experience, they\'re usually right!
On October 26th, 2015, Interstellar added the following:

EDIT: I have since received a refund for the cost of the missing items, confirmed by an auto-receipt from VISA. I did not check my mail over the weekend, and before that it appears Mr. Hambly attempted to confirm with me whether or not he should send the remainder of the order (plus extra) or to simply process a refund. As I did not respond, he did the latter, which I would have asked for anyways.

I also want to note that I have since planted 20 of the 10,000 Reed Canary Grass seeds I purchased and they have excellent viability (planted Thursday afternoon, were full-blown seedlings by Monday morning after following instructions on packet).

I will conclude by saying that I maintain my prior negative rating though. Were I not willing to engage in confrontation, I'm not certain I would have been refunded. And sealed, empty seed packets, plus missing order items are unacceptable by any standards. But these are simply my opinions, and I will not lie by saying I did not end up with everything I paid for. I had to go through more than I would have liked to though.
Company representative comment on October 30, 2015:
On Oct 30, 2015 4:39 PM, River\'s Source Botanicals responded with:

I can only surmise that William Drynan is one of the 0.0000001% of all credit card holders that does not know when they make a credit card purchase and somethings not right with the goods they can file dispute with their cc issuing bank, only 3 words needed, not as described, and be refunded. No need to stress or confront unpleasantly, William said he would have never got refunded if he'd not done that ...
Anyone who calls their bank to say they have a cc dispute is always advised to contact the merchant before anything else, something not done in the above situation.
Mr Dryana gave me the wrong zip code when placing his order, and I told him about this, he said it was OK. but when weeks after, he said something was wrong, one being it took 3 weeks for delivery, so I asked he provide the correct zip code to speed delivery of the resending, he didn't give it, he went straight to this web site and filed his above.
Another matter of curiosity is that there was nothing in any of the correspondences we exchanged prior, that, by most people's standards, would imply any kind of unfriendliness or malicious intentions.
It also defies the odds of probability that a merchant would maliciously intend to rip someone off on a cc purchase of $15.00, as opposed to say $10.000.00, on the gamble that the buyer is one of the 0.0000001% of cc holders that doesn't know they can easily dispute the purchase with their bank and win.
My data shows everything was done correctly with his order. It was mailed withing 48 hours of his credit card payment clearing my batch, and, a shipping notice, by all accounts would have been sent. It's something done by the online postage printing program Stamps.com automatically, so there's some possibility that because it was a machine, not a person sending it, he might not have received it. Whatever the case, there was nothing malicious about it.
I'm not so proud I wouldn't admit to making errors. The only person who never did anything wrong is the person who never tried to do anything right. Just describing anything I ever do as malicious is an exaggeration.
Thanks Everyone

Positive Star_Shine
San Cristobal, NM
May 9, 2013
My experience with River Source Botanicals has been glowing, to say the least. RSB prices are competitive, their product line impressive and their customer service is excellent.

I placed my order on a Sunday and the package went out Monday morning. Everything came as described, was well packaged and included, also, was good vibrations.

I recommend doing business with RSB as they have all fronts covered (great products, good pricing, great service & rapid shipping).
Positive las_reno
Barrie,
May 9, 2012
I received the products exactly as I ordered in the correct amount of time. The products were of great quality. I will be ordering from them again.
Positive Fret45
Centreville, MD
April 1, 2012
Ordered from Riversource botanicals many times. Always a positive experience. Highly recommend.
Positive maumau303
Framingham, MA
March 27, 2012
I have ordered from RSB twice and always have been pleased with how fast my seeds were shipped and meticulously packaged. I received what I had ordered without a problem.
Positive mcdonell5
Algonquin, IL
March 12, 2012
I searched for hours on the internet for the item I needed. I only found one supplier and that was River's Source Botanicals.
They processed my order quickly and I received my package promptly.
I will certainly be ordering from them again.
Positive plarson65
Santa Barbara, CA
March 10, 2012
I've made multiple purchases for this business, they always answerd my inquiries quickly, Once I spoke with a fellow on the phone who explained that they have FDA type laws to abide by, making it so they can't claim that any of their plant extarctions will cure or heal anything, This point makes total sense. They claim that if an herbal product is used correctly it can produce excellent results. Another point that should be appreciate because it's not saying that it will produce but still gives good advice about using the products correctly.
By all accounts they seem to have a good grasp on what they are selling. I once made the mistake of asking about the alkaloids in their dried cactus products, but they were totally Ok and did the most ethical thing possible saying that by law they can't sell these products because of their alkaloids, but if I, or anyone else, had some reason to want them for that reason it was Ok, but that I should understand the goods weren't offered for any reason related to the alkaloid contents. I bought some of their dried cactus and was very happy.
So they've got top rate in my book!
Positive torion
Unionville, NC
March 10, 2012
I have ordered twice from this vendor; both times the product was of excellent quality and arrived quickly. I would highly recommend this company.
Neutral lennyj
October 6, 2011
They're a no nonsense business, with above average understanding of entheogens and being responsible for their distribution. I've been doing business with them since the days they were listed in the PRL (1994) a publication, now defunct, that was like the better business bureau of ethnobotanical businesses, I saw their booths at all the mind States conferences, and I've never heard of them ripping any one off. For further information Google Jon Hanna, Mind States conference coordinator and inquire with him.
River's Source Botanicals makes me smile, I wish more business were like them.

Note from the Garden Watchdog editors:

It is the stated policy of the Garden Watchdog that companies can NOT pose as customers in submitting customer feedback to inflate their own rating. The rating, originally positive, was changed from positive to neutral so that it would not affect the overall rating given by customers.
Positive jameserrb
September 12, 2011
River's Source is good. I was refered to them by a friend who trust them because she got refunded promptly. They didn't have what she ordered but was sure they'd have what I wanted and there wouldn't be any long delays, or if one was expected I'd be refunded.
I never got the feeling I was being lied to or manipulated. Or that anyone was bragging about matters just to get their ego petted.
They don't give alot of advise about use of many of their herbal products, because, they say that could be seen as practicing medicine without a lisence. That was my only dissapointment, but they're doing what they have to so the legal system doesn't go after them.
Definitly I recomend them - they have great prices!
Positive Mhoman
Bunker Hill, OR
September 9, 2011
Quality products from straight shooters, at excellent prices!
Positive annie10
August 17, 2011
River's Source is excellent, very willing to take time and answer promptly, orders were sent quickly, cost of their goods is very reasonable and shipping prices excellent. If you're seeking ethnobotanicals don't miss this site.
Neutral oheaven
August 14, 2011
Posted on June 24, 2011, updated August 14, 2011
I was one of the rare people who RSB allowed to visit their in home facility. RSB is ran by real gardeners, who reflect that by the kind of people they are. The owner, Phillip, is soft spoken, friendly, and accommodating; with no pretense of arrogance about anything. He seems like the kind of person who believes that if something is good then it will stand on it's own merits and no bragging or over exaggerating about it is needed. Whatever bad reviews RSB may have I'm sure none of them say they ripped anyone off, because that's not the kind of people they are.

Note from the Garden Watchdog editors:

On August 14th, 2011, oheaven changed the rating from neutral to positive and added the following:

It's been some weeks or months since I posted the above, please don't let my slowness discourage you, RSB is good. Yes, I got the above that says or implies I'm phoney. According to Terry, the DG site administrator, a person commenting on this site had the same IP (internet provider) as the business they are posting about then the message would come-up that the person might be a fake. I've a hard time believing that this is true. But I'm posting here again just so the fairest shake rsb could get is got. They really are super, and I recommend them.
I do have the same internet provider as RSB.
Neutral laskar
Santa Fe, NM
July 22, 2011
Posted on June 24, 2011, updated July 22, 2011
I was very impressed with RSB service and quality of products. They were very fast when replying to my email messages. My order was shipped the same day i placed it, their seeds had good germination, herbal products are also good quality, and great prices!

Note from the Garden Watchdog editors:

On July 22nd, 2011, laskar changed the rating from neutral to positive and added the following:

I'm not wanting war with DG but my friend and I posted the below and some weeks after I noticed the rating was changed from positive to neutral by DG, and the below post was included that states I am really/and or possibly River's Source, out of curiosity I wrote DG and received this reply

Hi Sueanne,
Our system logs where all feedback originates. We disclose feedback
that we find has originated from the same computer and/or from the
company's IP address.
Best,
Terry

It is true that we were at RSB's office visiting and got psyched to post the reviews, so it would have came from RSB's wireless connection. However, we are real people, and are willing to call/or write DG to verify this. But, as RSB's owner has said before almost no reports good or bad are verified here. Except of course the origin of the feedback if it came from the above mentioned sources. If DG is going to verify one thing then verify everything. It's to bad DG couldn't operated more professionally like the BBB.
Blessings just the same.
Sueanne
Neutral jallgood
July 14, 2011
RSB was very good. I recommend them

Negative Dgcare
Moore Haven, FL
June 4, 2011
It's all fun and games ordering from this company....

Until they send you something worth 5 dollars that you paid 50-80 dollars for.

Then gives an attitude like you were the problem?

This logic just cannot be understood, by myself, and I don't really see anyone else who would agree with that logic, it is just bad logic, especially when you mix up two orders and send someone the wrong stuff.

You cannot blame someone for that, you sent me some guys package from michigan or something while I'm in the southeast.
Company representative comment on June 4, 2011:
On Jun 4, 2011 8:54 PM, River's Source Botanicals responded with:

I've no recollection of anyone ever calling or writing with the above complaint. If they got ripped off then they only need to post the police report case #, no further explanation needed because those reports are available online as a matter of open to the public records. So whoever wrote this is probably stewing over some slighted incident on a drunk, like most slightings, the other person isn't aware of the matter.
Unless they've a police report involving harm or theft I can only say post it now or forever hold your peace.

I've said before that literally anyone can post something on this site and it will never be verified as true or false. So don't believe everything you read.

Negative sublimistri
Moore Haven, FL
December 31, 2010
Posted on December 31, 2010, updated December 31, 2010
Posted on December 7, 2010, updated December 31, 2010
Posted on December 6, 2010, updated December 7, 2010
Posted on May 19, 2009, updated December 6, 2010
This company is the best, period.

Do NOT hesitate to buy from rivers source.

Every time I place an order I always get more than what I ordered.

The customer service is the best, most of the responses are within just a few hours of sending an email, or shorter. One day at the most.

You cant go wrong ordering from these guys, they are quality in seeds, prices, customer service.

A+, I have dealt with these guys multiple times in the past couple of years.

This company will not fail you.
On December 6th, 2010, sublimistri changed the rating from positive to negative and added the following:

This guy is clueless.

First he sent a package to the wrong address, not even the right city, and acts like that was my fault.

The second bad experience he sent me the wrong PACKAGE. Then when i tell him I got the wrong package and return it, he tries to blame me for the first mistake he made about two years before that where he sent my package to the wrong town that I used to live in about a year before his mistake.

So what he does is bans me from buying saying I am trying to cause problems, when the reality of the situation is he is so drugged up off of his cactus powder that he cannot even think straight to send packages to the right locations, or even send the right package when he does send it to the right location.

So he tells me to pay for the first order he sent to the wrong address and I never got (85 dollars), and after I pay that I can only buy from him with a money order so he can jsut keep my money and never send me anything in return.

On December 6th, 2010, sublimistri added the following:

He openly sells mescaline powder.
On December 31st, 2010, sublimistri added the following:

An old address you moved from is not an address you want stuff shipped to. Both names that I used are my legal names, I use both everywhere. You sending seeds to an address that I used to live at when I typed in my new address for you to ship to during checkout is not my fault, and is not anything suspicious, you cannot predict someone is going to send your package to an old house of yours you no longer live at.

I have bought plenty of more items other than those seeds so your data is wrong.
On December 31st, 2010, sublimistri added the following:

You are just very confused, last time you sent me a package you didn't even send me the right persons package. Now you are trying to bring up something that happened two years ago that you don't even remember correctly just to get me to pay 88 dollars for your mistake of sending seeds to a wrong address.

I ordered from him and then about 8 months later I moved, I ordered from him again giving him the correct new address to send to and he sent it to the old address that I first ordered from even after being given the proper address to send to. He claims to have sent it to my correct address to my first name, and then I said something about my name so he sent it to the same address with a different name. Who would resend to the same address? He resent because he sent it to the wrong address, which I didn't even give him that address when I placed my order.

He has the tracking number but gave the excuse it doesn't show where it was sent to, and shows me the billing/shipping page where I typed in the correct address for him to send to for proof instead of the tracking number that shows where he sent it, not where I typed for him to send it to which I typed it correctly.
Company representative comment on December 31, 2010:
On Dec 22, 2010 3:02 PM, River's Source Botanicals responded with:

River's Source keeps data of every transaction - ever. The customer uses two different names and has or had multiple address. As he sated above, his questions were always answered quickly and his orders sent promptly, and when he requested a refund it was quickly given. I've never said anything was his fault; but he once got me to send the same order twice by claiming I sent it to the wrong person: Kenneth Morgan rather that Brad Morgan, at one of his multiple addresses. That's not saying it was his fault it's saying he's good at being sly. How many merchants would want this customer?
Re: his comment "He openly sells mescaline powder". Just now I went to my web site and used the site search engine and typed in "mescaline" and "mescaline powder" and not results appeared. There is rumor that San Pedro cactus contains mescaline, San Pedro and mescaline are two different things, it says nothing on RSB site about mescaline, so did he buy some San Pedro and eat it to learn this? Data shows the only thing this customer ever bought is San Pedro cactus seeds, which he resells on eBay. So what's his point? How many merchants want him for a customer?

On Dec 31, 2010 8:55 PM, River's Source Botanicals added:

People often knowingly make false accusations simply because they know that nobody will ever seek to verify them. All the information regarding this wholesale customer is verifiable through the information he provided with my credit card merchant provider. I can't see why anyone would ever care to know more than what he said in the very beginning.
"This company is the best, period.. Do NOT hesitate to buy from rivers source.
Every time I place an order I always get more than what I ordered.
A+, I have dealt with these guys multiple times in the past couple of years.
This company will not fail you.
I sincerely feel sorry for a guy like this going to extraordinary measures to prove he's right when he didn't need to.

Negative funkgrrl
Calgary,
November 5, 2010
I would not recommend dealing with this company. I did not receive the full amount of product that I paid for!

Furthermore, even after the owner of the company acknowledged that there was an error, his response was completely unsatisfactory. I still have not received what I paid for.

In June I ordered 400 HBW seeds. When the padded envelope arrived I found an envelope containing 100 HBW and a paper catalogue. I believe he included the weight of the catalogue when calculating how many seeds to send, and therefore did not send the right amount.

I immediately called RSB to remedy the situation. After some dialogue, he sent me an email outlining why he thought he had mailed me the correct amount. I sent him an email disputing this to which I received NO response.

Over a month later I received an envelope containing a small highlighted slip of paper stating, 'Ooops, sometimes we goof'. The paper invited me to pay to mail back the 100 seeds that I had received, and in return they would send me my full order and compensate me for my postage.

I found this to be outrageous. I have already grossly overpaid for product, and found RSB to be unresponsive to my complaint. Now I am supposed to send back what little product I did receive and HOPE that they will send me what I paid for? I STILL have not received a response from RSB when I sent a message back expressing my dislike for his proposed 'solution'!!

Unacceptable!

I knew I was taking a risk ordering from him, as my friend previously had a bad experience where the owner had to give him a refund for RSB's mistake, and then threatened to BAN him? It was only because his HBW are quality that I took the risk. How is this professional conduct?
Company representative comment on December 22, 2010:
On Dec 22, 2010 3:20 PM, River's Source Botanicals responded with:

Lindsey A Heighington was shipped her order on June 14, 2010. Around July 1 she said she only received part of it. True, I looked at her shipping details, then took the same product with the same envelope and complementary catalog and weighed it to see if it matched the weight sown on her shipping details, her point about the catalog being weigh was told to her, the weight was the same as shown on her shipping data. But this was the wrong way to respond and I told Lindsey this, and sent her a print out from RSB's introduction page, which she could have read on the site too, that simply stated if the wrong item or quantity was sent to return the item for a refund or exchange. She never returned the goods, nor did I hear from her until after she posted the above on Nov. 5, 2010. So without ever having received the goods back I resent her order again. Since then I offered more in exchange for revising her post, the offer is still good. But out of not hearing back I'm doing what anyone would do...

Neutral RichoCech
Williams, OR
September 30, 2010
Posted on September 12, 2010, updated September 30, 2010
The company is run by a paranoid person who is stuck on some kind of bank verification of delivery address. An order was made, correct delivery address given, and payment sent through just fine, but for some reason the seeds got lost in the mail. A simple request for a resend was answered by several incoherent e-mails followed by a refund and a threat. Work with this unfortunate man at your own peril--he has zero understanding of standard business practices.
On September 30th, 2010, RichoCech changed the rating from negative to neutral and added the following:

No more issues with this supplier.
Positive cyclops
January 16, 2008
I ordered extracts (valerian), dried feverfew and nettles as herbal remedies. I had some questions, and the company went out of it's way to provide information and suggestions. They even put in some samples at no additional charge. I was very happy with my order and will use them again.

On Mar 6, 2008 3:11 PM, River's Source Botanicals added:

While River's Source Botanicals is as customer friendly as any one would expect, or hope - they do not approve of this listing on Dave's Garden Watchdog site, and have repeatedly requested to not be listed here but the request are either denied or not answered at all. Our dis-satisfaction is due to knowing that anyone can come here and post a fictitious negative report regardless of weather they ever bought anything or did more than make an inquiry that was not answered to their satisfaction. RSB is not notified if you or anyone else makes a positive or negative report here. If you have a complaint we encourage you to write us directly, or if you feel it needs the attention of a third party then contact the Better Business Bureau of the southwest at http://www.bbbsw.org/BBBWeb/Forms/General/Home.aspx,
we are a member and will gladly work with them to solve any problems. I repeat, River's Source Botanicals does not approve this posting on Dave's Garden site and does not receive notices of anyone who post a report good or bad here.

Positive tshirt
February 1, 2006
Items were as described, shipped quickly and arrived in good condition. Questions were answered promptly and courteously. Items listed were less expensive than other sites, will do business with this site again.

On Mar 6, 2008 3:11 PM, River's Source Botanicals added:

Positive liquidrolla
Astoria, NY
November 7, 2005
Here's my experience. Take note of the previous post. You can judge for yourself if you would like to do business with this site.

The site says that the cacti I ordered range from 4"-6" in height by 1/2" in diameter including the roots. Maybe 3 or 4 berely reached 4" and more than that were around 2 1/2 inches including the roots. When I recieved the order, I sent Mr. Hambly this email

"Hello,

I just recieved my order. Most is fine. However, I
am not happy with the Peruvianus plants. Your site told me I would be getting anywhere fom 4-6" plants. Even with the roots, most are below three inches. I believe the largest just makes it to 4 inches. I
don't feel like the price I paid is worth what I
recieved when I can get mature specimens for notmuch
more. How do you suggest we clear this up? Thank
you."

Rather than make demands, I left the option of how to handle the situation to his discretion. I would have settled for something as simple as him paying to have the plants shipped back and refunding my money or even offering a credit. I will admit that the plants were plants as thick as 3/4" but that shouldn't have been in lieu of the height. Either way, I feel I have a right as a customer to express my dissatifaction. For this one email, as you have read it, I was blocked from his email. HE SAID THAT HIS WAY TO CLEAR THIS UP WAS TO BLOCK ME. he later sent me a second email to restate how insulted he was and to reiterate that I was still blocked. So be aware that what you get is what you get and you have no right to voice your opinion. Especially if you are planning to spend a lot of money, you'd better hope what you get is sufficient the first time.
On November 14th, 2005, liquidrolla added the following:

update: Whether as a result of making my voice heard elsewhere or through the owner's own reassessment of the situation, he sent me a typed apology along with some free plants. I am glad to be acknowleged and feel that all who have read this should know the full story.
On February 4th, 2006, liquidrolla changed the rating from negative to positive and added the following:

After the owner was cooperative at the end of my previous transaction, I decided to continue doing business with them. My last order went through without any problems and there were even extra seeds to compensate for some inert matter. In the long run, I would recommend this company.
Company representative comment on March 6, 2008:
RSB was as courtious as could be expeced. I surmise they deal with a large volume of customers and are having difficulty answering all their mail. Their contact us page has a blurb for customers to please read their introduction page before emailing them with questions that could be answered in 2 minutes or less there. Indeed I was about to inquire about how long to expect for an order to arrive and found the answere right there. While the introduction page said to allow up to 10 days to receive my goods, I received my order in excellent condition within 3 days.
On Mar 6, 2008 3:12 PM, River's Source Botanicals added:

Positive sjvista
Denver, CO
September 17, 2005
these folks are great. They really know that they are doing.

On Mar 6, 2008 3:12 PM, River's Source Botanicals added:

Negative desertmother
El Paso, TX
August 6, 2005
Seller did not take responsibility for old cacti and desert herb seed that we could not get to germinate using company's suggestions and HORTUS 3 directions. Seller maintains he does not have record of our order and that it was too hot in area to germinate seed---wrong.
We are horticulturalists.
Company representative comment on March 6, 2008:
The negative report is from a woman who wrote me mentioning the seeds she received didn't germinate. And I responded requesting she send me the details of what she received, her order number and date she ordered, if she didn't have the order number then just the approximate date she ordered so I could look her up in my sales order book. Without this information I'd have nothing to go on to even guess why her seeds might not have germinated. People have complained about orders that they latter found out were received from a different mail order company. I'm a life long horticulturist and sometimes good seeds fail to germinate because I couldn't give them enough water in the summer heat, it was the wrong soil type, the wind blew the cover soil off them, etc..

Anyway to date the only response to my request is the negative report in your garden watch dog, no information to verify she ever ordered has been sent. Just now I sent her an additional request for this information. If you go to the herbal Merchants rating sight at http://www.gliderspen.net/cgi-bin/rate/merchantR.cgi you'll see that River's Source Botanicals is considered to be the 3rd most desirable business of it's kind in the world to do business with.
On Mar 6, 2008 3:13 PM, River's Source Botanicals added:

River's Source Botanicals

Copyright © 2000-2016 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.