The scoop on 'Orchids Limited'

Orchids Limited

4630 Fernbrook Lane North
Plymouth, Minnesota 55449 (United States)

Phone: 1-800-669-6006
Fax: 1-763-557-6956

» Like them on Facebook
This company specializes in:Other helpful information:

Comments:

Positive OrchidLoverinMD
Hagerstown, MD
April 1, 2013
I've placed two orders with Orchids Limited and I can say that both experiences were excellent. With my first order my Psychopsis Kalihi arrived with cold damage and a replacement was issued when I called them. By the time they got to sending the replacement, they had run out, however, and the Kalihi was replaced with a gorgeous Psychopsis John D. Ramsey which is absolutely EXQUISITE. Communications is excellent and they respond to their emails and answer their phones (and they get back to you if they need to call you back). I like their website because it provides a lot of information about the Orchids and how to care for it. They offer something for everyone, from inexpensive to thousands of dollars for that die-hard collector/grower. Like everything else you have to shop around but their prices are competitive and you know exactly what you are getting as they list the pot sizes , leaf spans, etc, (which is more than most other companies)... BTW, their packing is IMPECCABLE. I've never seen such wonderful packing. All of my buds/flowers arrived in perfect shape. Other than the flukey cold damage no plants were damaged.

I'm very pleased with Orchids Limited (Orchidweb.com) and will definitely do business with them again.
Negative orchidhtr
Circle Pines, MN
March 5, 2013
Orchids Limited is well known for their high prices but recently the quality has dropped significantly while the cost conitues to rise. No reason to buy from these guys again.
Positive LoveBrug
Fleming Island, FL (Zone 9a)
June 13, 2012
I apprehensively ordered a Nepenthes veitchii (Golden peristome BE 3207 ) AND I'm sure glad I did !
Orchids Limited sent me a huge healthy plant with massive intact pitchers on it. The box it arrived in looked like it was punt kicked into the truck by the PO but due to the extremely good packing the plant was unaffected by the rough handling . The plant was also at the prefect moisture level when it arrived a testament to the way it was packed.
Turnaround time from the day my order was placed and this beautiful plant arrived at my door was less then a week. I couldn't be more pleased with this transaction.
Positive RHODRIDGEBACK
Lexington, KY (Zone 6b)
February 20, 2011
I love this company! I ordered 3 Gongoras,a ameniaca, a galeata, and quinquenervis from them. They arrived in perfect condition, they were well labeled and the added bonus of the red gongora is in spike. I saw that and I started to dance around the room. Needless to say I would recommend this company to anyone wanting unusual and well grown orchids, and I will be ordering from them again soon. Thank You
Positive tginmn
Eden Prairie, MN (Zone 4a)
April 12, 2008
I have been buying orchids from Jerry and his son Jason for several years now. They have good quality plants and are very helpful when I have a question about a pest or other problem growing my orchids. Jason specializes in Orchids from Japan. Jerry has numerous awards for some of the orchids he has created over the years..
Positive p_ostensible
Los Angeles, CA
October 24, 2007
Pricey, but you can expect good quality, health plants.
Neutral RobertDickow
July 8, 2006
Bought some very good-looking plants from these folks, and got a bonus (see below). Their prices sometimes seem a bit steep, however, to me.

My 'bonus' plant came in the form of a tiny seedling that volunteered in a pot of Mormodes sinuata from Orchids Ltd after about a year of growing and one repotting. The plant appeared as a tiny grass-like 'weed' which I allowed to grow until I moved it to its own pot. I knew it was some type of orchid, and at first thought it was a Calanthe. It bloomed last week.... Spathoglottis spicata.

Now, this is just a common little species I think, but it really is pretty. But Orchids Lmt. lists a related species, in yellow, at $75.00!!!

Bob in Moscow, Idaho
On July 8th, 2006, RobertDickow added the following:

Make that Spathoglottis plicata, not spicata.

Oh, they also sent me a wrong plant. Though I had ordered Cycnoches haagii, they actually sent Catasetum barbatum. They insisted it was haagii and wouldn't put the order right until I sent them a photo. Then, at least, they did graciously offer to replace the plant with another species.
Positive lereau
Saint Paul, MN (Zone 4a)
May 30, 2006
Fabulous selection, strong healthy plants, always helpful.
Neutral DCUrbanGardener
Washington, DC (Zone 7a)
May 12, 2006
I have ordered three hard to find cultivars from them before on separate occassions. All three experiences were fine. They came as what they were described to be.
Neutral 75751
Fort Mill, SC (Zone 7b)
May 4, 2005
Purchased 2 orchids from this company. The plants are
not the healthliest orchids I have ever seen. Time will
tell how well they will perform. The orchids were expensive.
For the price I paid for them, I thought that they would look
better. The shipping and communication was ok.

C & NN
Positive Orchidnut
March 21, 2003
Iíve ordered several times from Orchids Limited in spike/bud list. Plants have always arrived in excellent condition (even in the middle of winter) and have bloomed wonderfully. They have a great selection of species and hybrids to choose from. Very nice plants and great customer service.