The scoop on 'John's Miniature Roses'

John's Miniature Roses

24062 NE Riverside Drive
St. Paul, Oregon 97137 (United States)

Phone: 1-800-820-0465

This company is affiliated with Heirloom Roses

Comments:

Neutral russ9673
Denver, CO
May 13, 2011
I more or less knew what I was getting into here. I have bought own root minis before and having long since gotten over the shock of opening the box to see tiny little plants. The 4 plants I received seemed healthy and in good shape and have grown quite a bit in the 10 days or so that they have been here. This would have been a positive experience except for one small glitch. The DAY AFTER I placed my order the variety that I ordered was put on sale for a full $2 off each. I called to see if I could take advantage of the sale and was even willing to order a couple more roses. I was flatly and somewhat rudely told that I needed to read the email that I was sent regarding the sale and that it applied to new orders only. I contemplated canceling my order and starting again in order to get the sale price but instead retreated.
Positive graceymel
Denison, TX
September 29, 2010
I ordered three miniature roses in May 2010. I received beautiful healthy plants about two weeks later. The plants were very well packaged and have thrived in my rose garden. Although their growth has been slow (Texas heat will do that to ya) each one has bloomed wonderfully! Thank you John's Miniatures for "Carnival Glass", "Vi's Violet" and "Scentsational". All lovely and healthy!
Negative tiggertoo_2174
Smithville, MO
April 14, 2010
WARNING - This is part of Heirloom Roses. Years ago I ordered from them and the following spring several of the roses from them were diagnosed with rose rosette virus. I had to shovel prune dozens of existing roses as well as those from Heirloom. I had no idea Johns was part of Heirloom until the box arrived today. Now I'm out an entire growing season and it remains to be seen if I get my money back. When I called they didn't even know what rose rosette virus is.
Positive stoverjeff
Monterey County, CA (Zone 9b)
January 18, 2009
I ordered six mini roses from John's in October of 2008. The plants were shipped quickly and were well packaged. I have kept them under lights in the garage and they are doing well. I expect they will do fine when planted out in the spring.
Positive SapphiresMom
Elm Mott, TX
November 23, 2007
I recently ordered four miniature roses from John's Miniature Roses. The plants arrived within a few days, were well-packed and all were healthy with leaves on them. I put them in larger pots in a rich soil and left them outside. I am keeping them watered. All four are thriving.

These are the first miniature roses I ever ordered, and I plan to order more from this company. I am well satisfied with the service and quality of the plants.
Positive Ttinylass
Knoxville, TN
September 29, 2006
I have made three purchases from John's and Heirloom roses. The first two orders arrived in late spring, and those roses have thrived. The third purchase was later this year, August, and we have had record highs of 95+ in our zone 6. Two of those roses died. I contacted John's and Heirloom roses. They have not only replaced the two that died, but have offered me a free rose as compensation for my trouble. They have been amazing in resolving this minor problem. Their web sight is informative, and their prices are excellent.
It is true that the roses are small, but mine have caught on very quickly, and have bloomed with abandon this summer.
I would highly recommend this organization.
Positive DLOD
Bainbridge, NY (Zone 5a)
September 9, 2006
Over the years I have purchased many roses from another company but none survived the winter. I decided to try again but from a company that sold own-root plants. My Heirloom roses came in great shape, survived last winter and have thrived this year. Discovering that John's Miniature Roses was associated with Heirloom Roses, I had confidence in ordering from them. 12 plants came in excellent condition and are blooming beautifully now. The 13th looked frail and had brown spots on the stem; after it died I contacted John's and the rose was replaced at no charge. This company sells wonderful miniature roses and the people are very nice to deal with; I have no hesitation in recommending them.
Positive CharlesVanVa
La Habra, CA
May 21, 2006
I have been ordering through Heirloom for years and have always been very satisfied. I lost one rose, I think, and they promptly sent me another. The cuttings are small. They are sold in "bands" to keep costs down. Vintage gardens does the same thing. It just puts you a couple months behind. I pot mine for about two months before I put them in the garden just so they get some extra attention. I always recommend them.
Positive bksmall
San Andreas, CA (Zone 9b)
November 7, 2005
After many failures to grow miniature roses from grocery stores, gifts and home improvement stores, I bravely tried three roses from John's Miniatures last Spring. They arrived on time, lively and well wrapped with clear instructions for planting. Now they are blooming on my porch and are a delight to see. I am so glad I tried "once more"! Santa is sending me six new ones this Christmas and I can't wait.
Positive vixiera
Marysville, WA
July 2, 2005
I purchased the minimum order of 3 roses last fall and planted them. I ordered "Ring of Fire," "Lipstick and Lace," and "Carnival Glass." I was a bit disappointed that the "Carnival Glass" died, but I think it was my own fault somehow. I wish the guarantee/replacement policy was a bit better, like most other mail order places. Both "Ring of Fire" and "Lipstick and Lace" survived the winter and are blooming beautifully. I would definitely recommend these two, and "Ring of Fire" is exclusive to them. They both are beautiful! The shipping seemed good, although quite a bit of the soil fell out as they were packaged rather loosely in a large box, but the two that are growing are doing fine. They did seem a little less lush than some other miniatures that I have purchased through the mail, but the great blooms make up for it. I would definitely purchase from them again.
Positive garyj59
Sheboygan, WI (Zone 5a)
April 11, 2005
I purchased 3 roses in august 04 and received with no problems.I planted them late for my zone in september,they survived the winter and they look great.Would not hesitate to order from them again.
Positive rosycheeks
Molalla, OR
March 22, 2005
I have ordered from John's Miniature Roses as well as Heirloom and each time my plants have arrived healthy, timely, and have all grown well. I will continue to order from them.
Positive srkrause
Boulder Creek, CA (Zone 9a)
February 22, 2005

Got an order of 4 mini roses today. WOW! Such great plants! Look fabulous. Well packaged, still moist. I am very happy.

Positive jester
San Antonio, TX (Zone 8b)
August 12, 2004
I bought four roses from John's. All four are container planted. Two I had in partial shade (protected from mid-day sun) and two full sun. I live in 8-b (San Antonio Tx) and get a pretty harsh mid-day sun. The two that were always in Partial shade took off right away. The two in full sun have been moved to partial shade. Great roses, great blooms arrived healthy and ready to grow. I look foreward to purchasing more mini's from John's next spring. Recomended seller from my experience.
Positive abrowe
March 10, 2004
I ordered six miniature roses from John's in the summer of 2003. They were shipped the following Monday and arrived promptly and in good shape. They were smaller than the miniatures I buy from Nor'east, but they were healthy. Because they were small, it took them awhile to get established in my garden, but by summer's end they were doing well. So far, so good. I'll have to see if they survive the winter.
Positive Ivoryhntr
October 11, 2003
I have bought most of my miniature roses mail order. John's Miniature roses sent out healthy roses in a very timely manner. I will buy from them again!