The scoop on 'Hydrangea Select (formerly Hydrangea Plus)'

Hydrangea Select (formerly Hydrangea Plus)

269 Dayton Avenue
Manorville, New York 11949 (United States)

Phone: 1-888-642-1333

Editor's Comment:
Question Mark As of January 2011, the website is no longer working. If anyone has a status update on Hydrangea Select, please contact the Garden Watchdog editors.

Comments:

Positive robcorreia
San Diego, CA (Zone 10b)
March 26, 2008
I recently received my second order from Hydrangeas Plus. The plants, like on the 1st order, came super healthy and carefully packed. My 5 hydrangeas are healthy and growing beautifully despite the fact that I am a total beginner!
Will definitely order from them again!!!
Positive slvrblt4
Babylon, NY
July 9, 2007
About 3-4 years ago I purchased several different varieties of hydrangeas from Mike... Annabelle, Nikko Blue, Alpengluhen, as well as a purple variety of which name I cannot recall. For the last several years they were ALL blue. This spring I spoke to Mike, having read up about the importance of soil pH. He told me how to adjust the soil. Well, I adjusted the soil's pH for the pertinent varieties, and let me tell you....WHAT COLORS!

The Alpengluhen was a nice deep red, the Nikko Blue was SUPER blue, and Annabelle white as a snowflake, and the purple is a REAL nice violet color!

wife wife cut several bunches, shook the out to make sure no earwigs or ants were in them, and we have color all throughout the house. At my BBQ last week, people could not stop commenting on my shrubbery, and at the flowers we have throughout the house...

Mike, get the website going ASAP because I have a lot of people wanting to buy a bunch of hydrangeas from you via the web!
Positive amarantha00
San Bernardino, CA (Zone 8b)
March 23, 2007
What a terrific experience! I ordered a 3-year Taube and received a healthy, wonderfully packaged plant. But the very best quality is customer service. I was unsure of what size to order, and their rep spent quite a lot of time on the phone with me and really helped in my decision making. I will absolutely order from them again!
Positive xjnc
West Harrison, NY
October 9, 2006
Received a huge Kardinal and a well-developed Forever Pink ( a dwarf ). Excellent quality. Well packed.
Positive tk2000
New York
United States
August 8, 2005
Ordered two hydrangea macrophylla "All Summer Beauty". They both arrived in excellent condition, and they were huge!

Positive d9
Babylon, NY
July 5, 2005
My mother has been dying for a LimeLight Hydrangea for two years now. I went on a mission with my sister to buy her one for Mother's day this year. After trying to find a source for an established plant, we came across this company thanks to Dave's Garden. :)

It was POURING that day we drove out east to pick up the Hydrangea, and the owner, Mike, was outside waiting for us. He knew that it was a Mother's Day gift, so he had us drive out to the back of the property with him so we could hand pick the best looking one.

The Hydrangea did not suffer any shock upon being planted and is thriving beautifully in my mom's yard. I hope to post pictures of the blooms as soon as I get my hands on them.

Mike is a GREAT guy and you won't go wrong if you buy from him!!
Positive lmelling
Ithaca, NY (Zone 5b)
October 9, 2004
I emailed this company (because it specializes in hydrangea) with a question about an Annabelle hydrangea I was having problems with (not purchased from them), and attached a couple of pictures. My Annabelle seemed to be blooming different than expected and I had been seeking answers and not getting any locally or through research.

The owner, Mike, actually CALLED me to talk over my problem. I was so impressed with him and his customer service oriented attitude, I ordered 2 All Summer Beauty hydrangeas from him this past August. When they arrived, I could tell that a lot of care was taken to make sure the plants arrived as quickly and in the best condition possible. And they were huge - compared to hydrangea I've purchased from other online nurseries and locally. I would heartily recommend this company if you're looking for hydrangea! I plan to buy several more from him next spring!
On May 13th, 2005, lmelling added the following:

I just received my Penny Mac and Endless Summer Hydrangeas and again the packing was superb!! I just can't say enough good things about this company! Things got a little tough for me this spring because of illness, and I had to cut down the size of my original order. Mike was very understanding and took care of everything for me.

My hydrangeas got here without so much as a leaf torn. Hydrangea Select gives you a much nicer sized plant for the money than other places I've ordered from. They're healthy and this company really stands behind their product...not like some other places that give you puny or sickly plants. I absolutely recommend them!!!