The scoop on 'Le Jardin Naturel'

Le Jardin Naturel

Colimacons
97436 Saint Leu
(Reunion (French))

Phone: ++262247130
Fax: ++262247130

This company offers a variety of bulbs and plants and seeds.

Comments:

Positive eliasastro
Athens
Greece (Zone 10a)
May 10, 2011
Posted on May 10, 2011, updated May 10, 2011
I expected excellent germination rates of seeds shipped directly from Reunion island, but i was wrong.
Passiflora quadrangularis seeds were not fresh and didn't germinate. You could even see that they were not fresh from their appearance. For passion vines freshness of seeds is crucial for germination. Other seeds they sent me germinated well.

On May 10th, 2011, eliasastro changed the rating from neutral to positive and added the following:

I'm very sorry, i've made a mistake this comment reffers to another company in Reunion island (Fleur des Tropiques) and not 'Le jardin naturel' listed here. I was confused because i thought it was the same company. I will ask for it to be removed.
Neutral basilio
Athens
Greece (Zone 9b)
March 16, 2007
Very fast service (seeds arrived within a week from Reunion Islands to Greece!), everything looks good and fresh and their on-line catalogue is very impressive. I would definitely recommend this company to everyone seeking unusual and rare tropical seeds.
On May 6th, 2007, basilio changed the rating from positive to neutral and added the following:

As an addition to my previous comment, I should add that today, almost 2 months after receiving the seeds from this company, out of 11 species and more than 80 seeds overall, just 3 ravenea rivularis and one aloe barbera seeds have germinated, which is quite dissapointing. All seeds are kept in plastic containers with underneath heat and temps between 75 - 90F, but most of them don't show any sign of activity. In the meantime, other seeds that are kept alongside and have been purchased from other companies display germination rates from 25% to 100%, so I'm sorry to say that most of the seeds Le Jardin Naturel sent me seem to be no good. If they germinate later on, then I'll change again my raiting to positive but for the time being neutral will be.
Positive Mikyann
April 15, 2004
Plants and seeds arrived very fast and in perfect good condition. We were very pleased with them, and are growing well.
Mike