The scoop on 'Packer Nursery (alohapalms.com)'

Packer Nursery (alohapalms.com)

Kailua-Kona, Hawaii 96745 (United States)

Phone: 1-888-345-5566

Comments:

Positive Clare_CA
(Zone 10b)
February 18, 2007
I have purchased cuttings many times over the past few years from Aloha Palms, and I have always been delighted with my plumeria cuttings. I was lucky enough to place an order right before Ed Packer stopped selling plumerias on his web site.

At $2 per cutting, Ed Packer showed the world that you do not have to be rich to own a beautiful tree. I will always be grateful for that. I have about 30 trees from him, and they bring me great pleasure every year when they bloom.

I understand that he sells on ebay from time to time, and I would not hesitate to buy from him again. From all indications, Ed Packard is a decent guy and a very nice man.
Positive MusaRojo
August 6, 2006
I have ordered twice this year from Packer nursery. The first time I ordered one dozen plumeria cuttings to start as presents for friends. Packer had the lowest price on generic cuttings sold by color. These cuttings all rooted and most have been given away or are spoken for. Plumeria have proven to be a popular gift item and I realized I needed to start more plants.

My second order was canceled. Mr. Packer immediately sent me an email informing me he was very ill and therefore unable to fill my order. I was able to obtain generic cuttings from an eBay seller, so I will have plumeria plants on hand to give as gifts.

The cuttings from Packer Nursery were an outstanding value for the price I paid. If Mr. Packer is able to resume sales in the future, I would be happy to purchase plumeria cuttings from him again.
Neutral kdkral
Glendale, AZ (Zone 9b)
June 6, 2006
I placed an order for eight plumeria cuttings. I have waited the 4 weeks for delivery and never recieved anything. I have received no response from the company when I inquired about my order.
On June 7th, 2006, kdkral changed the rating from negative to neutral and added the following:

I called Packer Nursery and they said my order was stuck to the back of another order. They also said they would get my order out within two days. I realize things can happen but I do not understand why they did not respond to my e-mails. I hope the cuttings are of good quality.
Positive Chantell
Middle of, VA (Zone 7a)
May 12, 2006
Ed Packer is a pleasure to do business with! He quickly and completely responds to emails. He ships out healthy plants in a timely manner plus notifies via email when plant is going out. Very nice man - will buy from again!!
Positive BREEAN7
Elizabeth, CO
February 14, 2006
Ordered cuttings off of internet catalog, they were shipped the same day! They are the best I have gotten for the price.
Positive JOHNHLAVATY
Saint Louis, MO
September 30, 2004
I have bought plants from packer 4 times . the plants are doing well. I think I have lost about 4 or 5 plants.my problem now is I cannot get them on my computer at packers are alohapalms. I live in saint john mo.zone five .still no problem
Negative Scentsational
Phoenix, AZ
August 22, 2004
Was disappointed with the quality of the cuttings. Ordered one of each color and only two of the ten looked good. I immediately wrote the owner and told him that the cuttings did not meet my expectations but did not receive ANY response from him to date...
If a business is built on happy customers, this one does not get my vote.

Company representative comment on April 11, 2011:
On Apr 11, 2011 12:35 AM, Packer Nursery (alohapalms.com) responded with:

This is his daughter, my Dad got very ill and did miss a few customers. He passed a few years ago. I am sorry you were unhappy!! I am now running the company and only am selling via Ebay now. I have 100% postive feedback. The site is under HAWAIITROPCIALS or just look up "cuttings kona plumeria" Thanks..

Neutral DaraMV
July 1, 2004
I've ordered from here twice. The prices are very nice and cheap. Shipping for me took about a 3 weeks. The Singapore Plumeria cuttings I recieved were very horrible looking. But the rest of the cuttings I've bought were excellent.
Positive luvmymj
Ruskin, FL
January 9, 2004
Prices for plumeria cuttings were unbelievable @ 1.99 each. We ordered a lot of the plumeria and several house plants which were also 1.99 or 2.99. All arrived healthy and are growing. I had a problem when submitting the order and emailed them and they got back to me immediately. I would buy from them again and I highly recommend them.
Positive gone2seed
Milton, FL (Zone 8a)
April 21, 2003
I have ordered Plumeria cuttings three times from this company.The cuttings are large,healthy and well packed.I am a very satisfied customer.Have just placed the third order tonight.