The scoop on 'Boyer Nurseries & Orchards, Inc.'

Boyer Nurseries & Orchards, Inc.

405 Boyer Nursery Road
Biglerville, Pennsylvania 17307 (United States)

This company offers a variety of gardening supplies and plants.

Comments:

Positive ClutterNut
Elgin, TX
February 14, 2013
I've ordered hundreds of plants over the years, and know that shipping puts limitations on the size and weight of the plants sellers can send. But the apple trees I received today from Boyer's bowled me over ~ they actually look like trees!!! :)
Boyer's was one of just three nurseries offering the variety I wanted, so I'd have been grateful for whatever they sent, but these trees are gorgeous...
beefy and well-branched with healthy roots. The excellent staff at Boyer's helped with my order, and again with a ship date.
I highly recommend Boyer's for superb service, selection, and pricing.
Positive Ilikeapples
October 6, 2012
Ordered apple trees from them in the spring. All came in awesome condition and grew great. I've had many problems with other sites. Directgardening, willisorchards, and gurneys. I will not order from anyone but boyers. They are awesome at what they do and are very friendly
Positive Kenniston
KEARNEYSVILLE, WV
May 23, 2012
Excellant customer service. Ordered 3 bare root fruit trees for Spring 2012. All 3 trees exceeded their descriptions but 2 of the trees had gummy diseased spots. I contacted Boyers, they asked me to send photographs of the spots, I did and they replaced the trees with 2 healthy trees at no cost. No argument. Would definitely do business with them again.
Positive Class_A
Kansas City, MO
February 18, 2012
I will be ordering fruit trees from this company for the third year now. Plants have always arrived in great condition, and are very good quality. Thanks!
Positive jfmach
Leesburg, VA
May 6, 2011
Very happy with my purchase: I ordered all kinds of berries for my garden and everything is alive and thriving to the exception of 2 (out of over 50) plants, which is to be expected.
Positive LoveVeggies
Kanopolis, KS
April 15, 2011
I've ordered from them three times and the plants were all large and in good condition. If you want some tree they don't have listed on their web site, call and maybe they can custom graft it for you. They are grafting two rare peach trees for me and will grow them for a year to send next spring.

Also, very nice people to deal with by phone.
Positive hutch36_73
Dresden, OH
May 28, 2010
I took a chance and ordered off this company that I knew nothing about and it was a great experience. I ordered two Honeycrisp apple trees and two English walnut trees. They were both well branched with enormous roots. I planted them around early April and as of today they have a lot of new growth with leaves covering them. Each tree was about twenty dollars and the shipping is a good bit more than your fly by night places that charge $9.99 for an entire order, But they also ship your trees in a stiff cardboard box and wrap the roots and trees up in heavy plastic with moistened shavings around the roots. I will definately buy from them again if I can't find it local first.
Positive myorganicgarden
Hyattsville, MD
September 11, 2009
I've had good results with everything I've ordered from Boyers over the past two years - 2 varieties of peach, 4 of dwarf apple, 4+ of blueberry and grape, strawberries, raspberries, and blackberries. Every single one broke dormancy and are still alive and kicking. Not all have reached fruiting maturity yet, but those that have are producing well. I've ordered from 4 or more other companies during the same time, planted at least a dozen different yards and gardens, so expect (and see) some duds. None so far with the Boyers specimens. Please note that I researched which varieties are best suited for my area and bought only those that matched the recommendations.
Positive Buddy44
Eagle Rock, VA
June 9, 2007
Ordered by phone on Monday and had beautiful trees on Wednesday. Who could ask for more.
Positive debbymck
Racine, OH
May 10, 2007
I found this company through Dave's Garden Watchdog. I ordered 3 cherry trees in April. Received them on the 13th and they are already leafed out 5 times as much as the one cherry tree I bought from Stark's 3 years ago. The customer service was great when I called with questions. I will be buying from this company again.
Positive kissyboots
Asheville, NC
April 18, 2007
I purchased two Black Gold cherry trees and a Niobe Willow from Boyer Nursery. The trees were a lot bigger and much less expensive from Boyer than anywhere else I could find them. The catalog explains exactly what size plant you are purchasing, so there are no "surprises" when your shipment arrives. I really appreciate this, because so many times I have purchased from on-line companies with no idea of the size plant I would receive, and usually, I am disappointed when the plants arrive.

The trees are of very quality stock, they were packed well, and shipping was much less than I expected it to be. The trees also came with helpful planting and care instructions.

Boyer offers a wide variety of trees and shrubs, and I know I will be ordering from them again in the future!
Positive yardfaerie
Brentwood, TN
March 16, 2007
I found this nursery after an intense web search where I was referred from one grower to another through several states as I searched for an Imperial York apple tree. After 3-4 referrals, I finally found Boyer, who not only had Yorks but an amazing catalog of other trees. And although they do large volume business selling to other nurseries, the sales person I reached by email spent much time with me suggesting rootstocks and cross-pollinaters for my small order. Our trees arrived just days after payment. They are large and healthy--and at a great price, too. An incredible find!
Positive hedandan
Hammonton, NJ (Zone 6b)
May 11, 2003
Phoned in my order for fruit trees one day and they were delivered in the afternoon of the next day. Never had such fast service before! The trees arrived in excellent condition...very healthy trees, very good root system.
Reveived friendly, efficient service over the telephone!

Excellent people to do buisness with!!