The scoop on 'Fruit Lover's Seed Co.'

Fruit Lover's Seed Co.

Pahoa, Hawaii 96778 (United States)

This company is affiliated with Fruit Lover's Nursery

No positives

Comments:

Neutral tschofie
Salt Lake City, UT
October 29, 2005
About six months ago, in April, I ordered a mix of seeds and plants from Fruitlovers. I'll describe only the seed-related issues here.

There were some problems with the shipment. Fruitlovers was unable to send me all the seeds I ordered -- they informed me of this after the shipment had been sent. Also, they delayed the shipment for a while (due to weather, which I appreciate) but then sent the package without informing me first. By the time I got the shipping notification, I couldn't rearrange my day to be home for the package delivery, which required my signature (this signature requirement was noted nowhere on Fruitlovers' website or in their communications.)

So the seeds got stuck at the post office overnight. Perhaps this explains the poor germination rates -- though they went into germination containers promptly, the seeds yielded only a few sprouts, mostly of passionfruit (which are tough as nails.) None of the more delicate seeds such as papaya sprouted at all. Seeds of these varieties purchased from ebay did much, much better under the same conditions. Again, however, this may be because the package was taken back to the post office.

About a month ago, I asked for a refund for the plants and seeds that could not be shipped. (Originally I asked them to keep a credit, as I hoped to find something else from Fruitlover's I wanted to purchase.) So far to my knowledge, the refund has not been provided (though it's possible their check may still be in the mail.)

Overall, not a particularly great experience. I'm not likely to be a repeat customer.

On January 8th, 2006, tschofie added the following:

EDIT: A month or so after I posted the above, I received a refund for the plant and seeds the company didn't ship. No refund was provided for the additional amount that was charged to me for shipping (for the items they didn't ship.) Go figure.