The scoop on 'W.R. Vanderschoot, Inc.'

W.R. Vanderschoot, Inc.

3512 Business Center Drive
Chesapeake, Virginia 23323-2635 (United States)

Comments:

Negative Ginnirin
Robinson, IL
March 30, 2010
This is the 2nd year in a row I have purchased items from this Company and have been disappointed. In 2009 I purchased Lillys of the Valley and a Bleeding Heart of which none grew. This year I purchased both again. There was only 2 of the Lillys of the Valley in the pack that was supose to have 4. I have planted them but have little faith in them growing because of the quality. When I went to plant the Bleeding Heart there was not even a bulb in there. What was in there was a stick/ stem looking thing about 3 inches long. These were purchased thru a provider that will not replace these items.
I am willing and would like to rectify this situation.
Neutral stampy
West Jordan, UT
April 16, 2005
I received a crocus bulb hydroponic set as a gift and it is lacking the instructions. The WR Vanderschoot website is under construction. I have no way of contacting the company. Maybe I'll write a letter. ?? I'm a bit frusterated.
Negative LAURAF220
Germantown, NY
March 29, 2005
I PURCHASED OVER A DOZEN AMARYLLIS BULB KITS AS CHRISTMAS PRESENTS. I JUST RECENTLY LEARNED THAT ONLY ONE OUT OF THREE BULB KITS HAD PRODUCED FLOWERS. I AM AFRAID TO ASK THE OTHER FOLKS I GAVE THEM TO FOR FEAR OF BEING REALLY EMBARASSED. I JUST CONTACTED THE COMPANY AND AM HOPING FOR A RESPONSE.
Neutral im5kidsmom
January 5, 2004
I sent an e-mail to the company because several amaryllis bulbs I purchased didn't grow. The e-mail was ignored. Weeks later, I called customer service. The customer service person was less than helpful. They claim to check e-mail once a month. LOL I asked for the phone number and address of the company's president three times before being transferred to him. I spoke to Tom. He is going to replace my bulbs, and send a bonus for my trouble. I hate spending good money for substandard product and hope these guys get their act together. They came through in the end. I don't reccomend sending them an e-mail.
Positive rracyhtak
June 12, 2003
I bought several bulbs from this company - Glads, freesia, anemones, dahlias, and oriental lilies. The first three came up soon after I planted them, but the lilies and the dahlias still hadn't shown up after more than a month. So I called the company and as soon as I said they hadn't come up after so long, the representative said that they would send me twice as many of both flowers and I explained that it may have been that there was too much rain, but he said my satifaction was important and they wanted me to be a return customer - I will be!