The scoop on 'ECOLAGE'

ECOLAGE

2623 West Sale Road
Lake Charles, Louisiana 70605 (United States)

Phone: 1-866-562-8088

» Like them on Facebook

Comments:

Displaying the 50 most recent comments:

Positive ehearn58
Houston, TX
October 30, 2012
Ordered a dwarf bottlebrush plant from Ecolage to replace one that my elder sister had recently purchased from a local nursery that had died within two weeks. Had read the review about the cost of their plants, but decided to purchase it given so many positive reviews. The plant is incredible. The leaves are twice the size of the other one when purchased new and it is blooming. I have since purchased another bottlebrush and gardenia for myself and each are full, healthy and beautiful. Also, they are very well packaged with sturdy box tape and the pots have stakes inserted in heavy plastic to prevent damage. I will continue to order plants from them based on these two experiences.
Neutral cowpea123
Coushatta, LA
September 21, 2012
I was looking to buy from this nursery but found the prices to way to high. I found the same plant at a much less price elsewhere. 50 dollars for a blueberry is way to high.
Positive jedoody
Las Vegas, NV
June 15, 2012
I purchased a Little Gem magnolia from Ecolage after reading all the positive reviews. The tree is beautiful, and the customer service is excellent. I will purchase from Ecolage again.
Positive gar4uoku
Murrysville, PA
July 31, 2010
Purchased frostproof gardenia 7/10. I opened the box
and there was a really full gardenia with buds. I thought
their prices were high till i received the gardenia. It's
worth every penny. The box stores never had this quality.
I recomend them to anyone wanting a quality product.
Positive rosefiend42
Amazonia, MO
June 8, 2010
Posted on October 7, 2009, updated June 8, 2010
I ordered a Grancy Graybeard from Ecolage because none of the local nurseries had it. I came home from work one afternoon about a week after I ordered it and there on my front step was a box that was a little over 3 feet tall. I was thinking, "Good night! Is this my tree?" And it was.

I got the box open and my Graybeard tree looked nice! The tree was as tall as my daughter, who was 6 at the time. The pot was wrapped in plastic so none of the soil would come loose. It was a windy day, so a bunch of biodegradable peanuts blew all over the deck when I opened the box, but those I didn't pick up later melted in the rain in a weird but fascinating way. I planted the tree and later attempted to kill it in various ways, including tomato puree attacks and poor mulching habits, but each time it pulled through. Whew!

Anyway, the customer service is dandy and the product and its wrapping was impressive. Ecolage gets five stars.
On June 8th, 2010, rosefiend42 added the following:

I got a gift certificate for my mom, and she ordered from Ecolage, too. Mom got a Gardenia Azalea, and it was shipped to her just as green and healthy as can be, a nice round ball of a shrub about a foot tall and round. She planted it and It looks great! The folks at Ecolage are great to work with and they're prompt and friendly. Thanks guys!
Positive catbirdpress
Tobaccoville, NC
October 31, 2009
My plants from ecolage came well packed and in beautiful shape. The plants themselves were the fullest that I have seen from a mail order. Wonderful!
Positive phdbot1
Gainesville, GA
October 13, 2009
I have ordered from Ecolage for years and have to give these folks a positive-positive-positive! Everything I've ordered has survived grandly (before I retired, I had a Zone 8b-9 Mississippi climate; now I have a North Georgia Zone 8a climate). I grow lots of things that I used to see when I lived in New Orleans years ago, and I appreciate the fact that Ecolage carries a lot of these plants. I have a Ecolage-purchased Vitex that came in a 3 gal. pot in one fall, and now that thing is easily 12-15 feet tall with a 10-12 foot spread now after just three years! Everything is huge at the start - 2-3 gallon typically (it's actually hard to find plants like this in many local nurseries) and the plants are packed professionally. Their customer service is outstanding too. And they carry lots of hard-to-find stuff - particularly Zone 8-9 plants, heritage-type plants, and even rabbiteye blueberries and figs. I can't really say enough about this company (except I wish they could accept custom orders for things not listed on their site (hint, hint))! If you're a Zone 7-9 gardener, try them out - you can't go wrong!
Positive twoheartsfarm
Concord, NH
October 13, 2009
I just received my first order from Ecolage - a bay tree - that was a beauty. About 3 feet high, healthy, appropriately watered and not a branch was broken because of the excellent packing technique used by this company. I have ordered trees from several companies over the years (we're up to an orchard of over 40 trees, as well as numerous berries and quasi-exotic (by NH standards) fruit trees (and a few babies like this bay that have to live inside for the winter). Ecolage is a standout from the crowd.
Positive KrisCook
Birmingham, AL
October 9, 2009
I ordered a 5 gallon size Chinafir tree and it came exactly on time, expertly packed, and in perfect shape. I have never had such a high quality experience with any other online plant seller. I will definitely order from this company again and again. They give you the impression that real people work there. I am delighted!
Positive currentclassics
Chickasha, OK
June 17, 2009
Ordered from Ecolage for the first time last week, an azalea and vetiver grass. Plants have FAR exceeded my expectations, they are SPECTACULAR....condition...size..packing....ALL OF IT.....just SPECTACULAR!
Shipping was SUPER speedy, I can not recommend these folks highly enough!

Dee
Positive compbunnie
West Chester, PA
May 21, 2009
I ordered 4 blueberry bushes. They arrived looking very healthy though they clearly had a rough trip as 2 were almost out of their containers. They are doing very well right now and showing new growth very quickly.
Positive jfrasca
Voorhees, NJ
May 9, 2009
E C O L A G E purveyors of wonder

Steven,

I must say that your plants were shipped with such care and received in great shape and the Plants are beautiful.

The two Musa Siam Rubys and one Chinese Windmill Palm that I ordered arrived in perfect shape.

Your product is A1!

Other nurserys and sellers on EBAY should take lessons from you guys.

Your website is also very informative and helpful. Listing the plants by USDA Zones really helps me understand what I can grow here in NJ in zone 7. I didnt know that Pomegranate Trees could actually grow here until I visited your site.

I'll be ordering more plants shortly, and dont worry, I'll bring those beautiful Musa Siam Rubys inside during the cold months!

Thanks Steven.

Joe
Voorhees, NJ
Positive samartin
Manteo, NC (Zone 8a)
May 1, 2009
I recently placed my first online order with Ecolage and was very pleased with the outcome. I ordered 3 frostproof gardenias on April 21st. The ordering process went smoothly, the order confirmation told me when the plants would ship and when I could expect them to arrive. I received a shipment notification and UPS tracking number when they shipped. They arrived on the expected date (April 30th). The plants were well packaged, large in size, and in perfect condition. I have absolutely no complaints and look forward to ordering from them again.
Positive dirtforthesoul
Las Vegas, NV
April 29, 2009
Ecolage was wonderful. The plants were easy to research on their website. They arrived at my house very quickly and in great condition. The soil was moist, the leaves shiney and they were healthy. Because of their excellent condition, the plants transplanted to my garden beautifully.
Positive mlwmaine
Saco, ME
April 28, 2009
I ordered a Pink Stardust Magnolia several weeks ago & requested a May shipping date. I moved the date up twice & Ecolage was very happy to accomodate my requests. My tree was shipped on the day promised and arrived fully leafed out (the Magnolias here are in bloom now, but are not leafed out yet). The tree was packed so well, that upon opening the box we found the tree was as fresh as if we'd just gone to the local nursery to get it. It didn't even know it had been in transit for several days! The tree was also very full, nicely branched and shaped. I say, Well done Ecolage!! I wish they had more items hardy in my zone, as I'd definitely order from them again.
Positive Mrs_Bee
Seattle, WA
April 27, 2009
I received my plant on exactly the day they told me I would, even though I live clear across the country. The plant (a 3-gallon shrub) was in perfect condition.
Positive RMSsilva
Bush, LA (Zone 8b)
April 4, 2009
I ordered two pineapple guava plants from them on 3/05/09. They were shipped on the following Monday and arrived Tuesday: Only six days between order and arrival. The plants were both very, very well packed in boxes that were large enough to not bend any branches. At first the prices seemed a bit high, but both were extremely good-looking, decent sized, healthy plants...so worth the price in my book. They have been in the ground just short of a month and are growing well. I will definitely buy from this nursery again.
Positive tempoper59
Farmdale, OH
March 13, 2009
I have ordered from many companies via the internet and Ecolage by far is the BEST!! I ordered two Windmill Palm Trees and they blew me away, as they are large in comparison to what other companies have offered. I would highly recommend Ecolage to anyone that wants hardy and healthy plants. Thanks Ecolage for being such a great company to do business with.
Positive sduckett
Spring, TX
March 5, 2009
I had seen an evergreen wisteria at a house I had listed (I'm a realtor) in The Woodlands, TX just north of Houston. I Googled and found the Ecolage site. I called and asked questions and Steve was very informative. I ordered a plant and it was shipped overnight delivery and arrived in great condition. I called to make sure I understood the correct planting insructions and again spoke to Steve. He gave me simple instructions and some great tips so my plant would thrive. I am very happy with the service and the quality of the plant when it arrived. I look forward to ordering more plants as I establish my new yard.
Positive jane_stevens9
Wichita, KS
October 22, 2008
I have ordered 2 Star Magnolias, a Star Above Star Camellia,a Snow Flurry Camellia, a White By the Gate Camellia, 3 Frost Proof Gardenias, a Conversation Piece Azalea, and a Hardy Gardenia Azalea from Ecolage. I am currently anticipating the arrival of a Pink Star Magnolia.
All plants arrived in perfect condition and bloomed profusely the first season. The camellias are literally full of buds now. The Frost Proof Gardenias bloomed and bloomed during the summer, creating a lovely sweet fragrance for visitors to my front porch. You will not go wrong by ordering from Ecolage! Now I'm anxious to plant the Pink Star Magnolia - I know it will be beautiful this spring. In addition to the healthy, well-packed plants, communications with Steven have been quite pleasant. Ecolage gets my highest recommendations.
Positive megarl
Knoxville, TN
October 16, 2008
Incredible experience with this company. I needed a Butterfly Ginger with blooms and Steven and the team at Ecolage found one for me even though it was late in the season for blooms. The packing and shipping was fantastic and it arrived exactly on time as promised. This plant was for my wife for a very special occasion and she was overwhelmed with it's arrival. I will definately order from Ecolage again and will recommend them to everyone! Thank you SO much Ecolage for your care and concern with my somewhat special request!
Positive newgardner08
Roanoke, TX
August 12, 2008
This was my first time ordering plants online...in fact it was my first time buying any plant for my new house. Ordering was a breeze and my Texas Mountain Laurels arrived in beautiful condition. I also appreciated the care they took preparing them to be shipped, as well as the organic materials in which they were packed. I can't wait to order more!
Positive dunwil17
Bethesda, MD
August 11, 2008
The communication with Ecolage was outstanding and very informative about the Crape Myrtle that I wanted to order. They gave me advice on the size I should get for the space where it was to be planted -- even helped me with the color decision. Prompt responses to my questions. Then the tree arrived in beautiful condition -- expertly packed and protected from any stress during shipping. It's a very well-developed perfect tree about 4.5 feet tall with a wonderful shape, pretty bark, and buds all set to open.
The shipping was less than a week -- it even arrived one day sooner than they had stated.

The service at Ecolage is something you don't find very often. We'll be back.
Dunwil17
Bethesda, MD
Positive mrscalabash
Centerport, NY
July 13, 2008
An absolutely amazing nursery. Ordered a Frostproof Gardenia and recieved a perfectly packed landscape size plant. The Gardenia is now thriving in my garden. It is a real pleasure to have discovered Ecolage.
Positive jthompsonmd
Beaumont, TX
July 4, 2008
Absolutely wonderful customer service. I ordered on line and received the shrubs within 4 days. Not only did the quality and size of the plants exceed my expectation, but the care taken in packing and shipping was great. I have purchased from 2 other vendors, but none compare with Ecolage.
On August 4th, 2008, jthompsonmd added the following:

Placed a second order that arrived just as promptly. They substituted a larger size plant at no cost to me as they were out of the 1g size. My bleeding heart vines have settled in and our absolutely beautiful. I couldn't be more happy. Thanks again!!
On April 18th, 2009, jthompsonmd added the following:

I'm not sure how many orders you have to place to be a regular, but I feel I've become one. I occasionally buy trees and ground cover from other top 30 sellers, but all my plants come from this wonderful Louisiana nursery. Every time I visit the local nursery or "hardware" store, I always smile knowing how much better the quality and variety I can find at Ecolage. Shipping is wonderful, and Steven is always there to answer questions and find the right size plant to fit your needs. Thank you again!!
Positive glocoa
Sandy, UT
June 12, 2008
the plants I received exceeded my expectations! They were packing carefully and they arrived in perfect condition. I
just let you know that I am very happy with this company they have great service.
Thanks..
G.C, Sandy Utah.
Positive lytebytes
Chadbourn, NC
May 20, 2008
what a delght it was to do business with this company! I ordered a Grancy Graybeard aka Old Man's Beard in NC, and now have neighbors asking me where I got this plant! It is a Carolina native but thanks to heavy logging and plant plundering, it has become scarce a hen's teeth around here and NO nurseries have it! When I saw the Louisiana connection I knew my search had ended and, thanks to Steve (you doll), every promise made to me was kept! The plant was well-packed, arrived in a very timely manner and not one wilted leaf...my only complaint is that I unpacked it on a windy day and chased popcorn for a while! Small price to pay for a company who is so courteous, helpful and customer service oriented! Kudos!!
Positive Besecu
Houston, TX
April 30, 2008
By the time I got home, my husband had already opened my new arrivals.
Although I didn't have the joy of unwrapping the rare gift to myself,
I was delighted with the plants that I saw. They looked beautiful!
The health & appearance of the plants justified the price. I was
happy to find a nursery within a 500mi. radius of my home in the South
to ensure the purchase was sustainable in addition to increase the
likelihood that my 'Catawba' Crape Myrtles would acclimate well to my area.

Positive jerrytate
Lake Charles, LA
April 23, 2008
I"m a local and the nursery has been a great asset to my planting work.
Positive megpnp
New Haven, CT
April 12, 2008
I wanted to ship a plant/shrub for outdoor planting to my mother in law who lives in Georgia (we live in CT) for her 85th birthday. I found Ecolage on the web, called them and in two days my husband's mother was delighted and surprised with the frost resistant gardenia plant that we had chosen for her. She said the plant arrived in excellent condition and was beautiful! It was a huge hit with her. I priced similar plants/shrubs on line and could not find anyone who came close to matching size and price of the plant. The gentleman who helped me was kind and followed my instructions to the letter. For that, I thank him. I will definitely use them again and actually forwarded their web site to a close friend who's mom lives in AZ. Thanks again, Ecolage, you are a great find!
Positive seagardener
Southport, ME
April 11, 2008
We ordered two 3 gallon windmill palms (Trachycarpus fortunei) for shipment to Maine. We received an e-mail to track the shipping. They arrived in great shape, really nice, healthy plants. The pots were wrapped in heavy, clear plastic bags tied with jute ties and the boxes were filled with biodegradable corn starch peanuts. A bamboo pole in the pot protected the foliage from being crushed in transit. We're going to grow them in containers outdoors for the summer. We compared prices and plant sizes with a lot of other nurseries and this company provided much larger plants at a competitive price. Highly recommended.
On December 31st, 2008, seagardener added the following:

Our windmill palms have done fantastic and have doubled in size with no pest problems. Excellent quality stock.
Positive califtxn
San Antonio, TX (Zone 8b)
March 26, 2008
I ordered 140 pots of dwarf mondo grass and I hardly had time to prepare the soil and the plants were here in fantastic condition. Packed perfectly, beautiful, healthy plants. I ordered and then received them 2 days later!!! What fantastic service, the person to whom I spoke was so courteous, I know I will be ordering from them again. Oh, the price was great!!! What a wonderful company - Thanks for having them on this site - great find!!!
Positive Digthedesert
Mesa, AZ
March 21, 2008
Just received three yaupon hollies that arrived in Arizona from Louisiana faster than anticipated and in even better condition than if I had brought them home from a local nursery in my car. This was my first purchase of plants of this size--3 gallons, 4 feet tall--over the internet, but after talking with Steven, I was convinced it was worth the risk and I am thrilled with the results. Would gush more but I have planting to do...
Positive mtnqueen
Ellijay, GA
December 6, 2007
Dec 6, 2007 ECOLAGE is absolutely first class in all respects. I ordered Innocence Mock Orange and it is a beautiful specimen. Arrived in perfect condition, when promised and is over 3' tall. Steven treats you as though you are the ONLY customer !!!! This could become a dangerous addition for me.
Positive lovmyplants
Aurora, CO
November 18, 2007
I ordered a Philodendron thinking it was the same as a Monstera deliciosa and in spite of the fact that I did not get the plant I ordered due to my own mistake the plant I did receive was so pretty lively and healthy that I immediately wanted to keep it .
I will go back to buy more and recommend Ecolage to anyone considering buying live plants via mail they really know how to package plants in order for them to arrive safely with minimum shock to the plant
thanks Ecolage
Positive kmhappel
Vista, CA
November 7, 2007
This was our first online purchase of plants. The crepe myrtles and mahonias we ordered came exactly as described and in perfect condition. The mahonia were in better condition than those in any local nursery here in San Diego. We called them and asked lots of questions which they answered with pleasure. We would recommend this nursery to anyone.
On August 1st, 2008, kmhappel added the following:

We have made a second purchase from them and they are still wonderfull. We have now ordered 12 plants total and all have been first class, in perfect condition, and now that we have ordered from some 14 on-line nurseries, ECOLAGE is tied for first with two others and the rest are far behind...
Positive horsgrdn
Greeneville, TN
October 27, 2007
My order arrived yesterday just as you said and I couldn't be more pleased. The packaging, size and condition of the plants were outstanding. Thank you for taking the time it takes to do things right! I'm a very satisfied customer.
Positive LavonTXGardener
Lavon, TX
September 29, 2007
I have mail ordered from many many companies and Ecolage is by far the very best in customer service and product. All plants and trees arrived promptly, very nicely packaged, and were absolutely beautiful! I only had one small problem and Ecolage quickly remedied the situation with absolutely no hesitation. Thanks so much Ecolage!! I'll be returning to you! You're one company that "GETS IT!" :)
Positive REXTHELAB
Rancho Santa Margarita, CA
September 15, 2007
Very very nice plant!!

I ordered a Sago Palm from Ecolage and it showed up very well packed...covered with those white peanuts.

Those....I could have done without but I guesss they do save the plant..mine showed up in mint condition..a very nice palm.

These are usually pawned off with lousy small palms at real expensive prices.

The one I received is a very nice size one in real good condition.

Thanks!!!!....will be ordering from these folk again!!

Positive ncpepper
Pilot Mountain, NC (Zone 7a)
June 20, 2007
Wonderful plant experience! Big healthy plants well packed and great customer service. What more can you ask for?