The scoop on 'The Palm Shop'

The Palm Shop

4004 East Palomar Cir.
LaBelle, Florida 33935 (United States)

Phone: 239-634-4040
Fax: 863-675-4456

Company Comment, posted on June 19, 2003:
WE ship large, healthy palms to almost every state in the USA. We will continue to have the best retail prices on the internet, and our customer service will never be beat!! We are and always will be the best place to purchase Live palm trees.

TJ
239-634-4040

Comments:

Positive gwendylena
La Salle, MI
September 19, 2006
The palms I ordered arrived quickly and in great shape. They were much larger than I expected. As far as I'm concerned, they were packed adequately for travel and arrived in very good shape. My email enquiry was answered right away. I had a totally satisfactory experience with The Palm Shop and will definately shop there again.
Positive SouthernGal
Naples, FL
August 15, 2006
Been searching for a Cyrtostachys rende. Sent queries to a lot of places. TJ answered promptly. While they did not have that particular plant, s/ he gave some good to know plant culture and a site that s/ he knew personally that carried the seeds. Customer response is everything!
Negative strongsteve
Plano, TX
March 29, 2006
The palm shoppe ships bare root. Bare root plants will almost certainly die. I ordered a needle palm and a silver saw palmetto. Both went into decline quickly and died. I have been emailing the Palm Shoppe asking if I can have replacements that are NOT bare root but they are ignoring me. NEVER order plants that will be shipped bare root.
Positive palmshop
Labelle, FL
December 18, 2005
This is in response to the gentleman who ordered the Bismarckia nobilis in Colorado. We have shipped many seven gallons of this species and not one was ever reported to have a problem. We did send one replacement at our cost no questions asked. This species does have a problem being transplanted when the roots are cut, but when shipped bare root, the roots are kept in tact. The photos we were sent showed the palm on a patio covered in snow. Bismarckia nobilis is cold hardy to central Florida not Colorado. Many hobby growers will raise them indoors untill they are too large, or have a greenhouse. This palm was not expected to survive in this area outdoors and the website explains that.
Negative Fitzroya
Colorado Springs, CO
June 21, 2005
I ordered a specimen of Bismarckia nobilis. It arrived bare root and was potted immediately. The plant immediately declined, and I contacted the company.

They sent a replacement, which did exactly the same thing, even faster.

Thinking the error might be mine, I investigated. I am familiar with many palms, researching cold tolerant species.

I learned from a number of palm authorities with specific experience with Bismarckia, that Bismarckia is difficult to transplant, and bare root shipment almost guarantees killing it, as it belongs to a family of palms that greatly dislike having their roots disturbed.

I contacted the company manager, and sent photos. He said to wait, the palm might come out of it. Other authorities looked at the photo and said the palm was dead without hope for recovery.

The latter proved true.

I take responsibility for plant failures that are my cause. These plants were dead within a day or two of their arrival. Further contact with the nursery was unanswered.
Positive Nan
SW, WI (Zone 4b)
July 29, 2004
Great customer service...prompt answer to emails, fast shipping and *beautiful* palms at a reasonable price! (Shipping was *more* than reasonable, as well!)

You won't regret your purchase.

I'll buy again!
Positive tampabay
January 1, 2004
Great people to work with. My palms arrived fast and in perfect condition. Larger than what many others send. The prices are better than many other places I checked too.