The scoop on 'Rainforest Seed Company'

Rainforest Seed Company

207 Howard Park Avenue
Toronto, Ontario M6R 1V9 (Canada)

Comments:

Neutral DougHarker
Toronto
Canada
February 22, 2008
I have emailed this company a few times with no response. And, I am unable to place an order online. I will try their method of fax (outdated mode) and will see what happens. Barring that, perhaps I will just drive to their location and see if someone is home there (not far from where I work).
They have the type of seed I am looking for and do hope they can supply it. Otherwise I will go to one of their listed customers and try to get it that way....yes, I am persistant.
Negative 1alh1
Sidney, OH (Zone 6a)
January 19, 2006
I've changed my mind about this company. None of the seeds germinated and I've been trying since April of 2005 to obtain replacements. The last communication from Rainforest was in June, 2005 when they admitted problems with their sources and promised to reship the order. I've e-mailed them several times since then with no response.
Positive alh
Sidney, OH
July 15, 2004
This company has an interesting and informative website and a nice variety of tropical seeds. Shipment was a little slower than some larger companies, but the seed packets arrived clearly marked and safely packed. When one of the seed types I ordered was out of stock, Rainforest e-mailed about a substitution, provided a suitable alternative, and threw in an extra packet of seeds to boot. Personalized service came in the form of a handwritten note on my original order.