The scoop on 'A.W. Brown's'

A.W. Brown's

144 Shaker Road
East Longmeadow, Massachusetts 01028 (United States)

Phone: 413-525-2115
Fax: 413-526-0910

Visit A.W. Brown's at:

This company is affiliated with Sellsonic.com

This company offers a variety of gardening supplies.

Comments:

Positive debi_z
Springfield, MA (Zone 6a)
August 18, 2003
i have used your company several times over the years. you are located about 5 miles from my home. i have only received a helpful answer or hand and a warm smile from any employee. i bought a whiskey barrel this year,at what i considered a great price of $20.00. with all the other things i had purchased, the young man who worked out in the yard, putting large bags of moo organic potting soil, peat moss etc, in my car, was unable to fit the whiskey barrel as well. so he went into the store for me, and had the receipt signed to be picked up the following day. i was unable to pick it up myself and phoned that my husband would pick it up, the following day. i left his name with the folks and they were kind enough to allow him to pick it up without coming home for the receipt. i gave you the names of the employee who had signed the receipt and another i had spoken too, this was good enough for you and i am grateful that you did this for me. it made me feel good that you trusted me.
your plants are always well cared for. your inventory is small and similar to most nurseries in the area. you carry a variety of garden items, for the size of your store. i have admired the beautiful garden art and accessories but have not purchased any myself. your prices seem to be higher than most of the larger competators, but i'm sure this has to do with quantity buying.
i also bring along my pekingese 'franklin', when i come shopping. i like the homey feel of the store that allows me to do this. and he likes the treats that he is offered, even though he is too picky to eat them. one employee even tried 3 different varieties, for which his mommy was grateful and franklin was just happy to get the attention.
i purchased some ortho slug, snail, cutworm & earwig insecticide here. although the price was a bit steep at $12.99, you are the only ones to carry this product in the area and it works extremely well.
my experience with your company has been positive and i will shop there again for certain products.