The scoop on 'Cactus Data Plants'

Cactus Data Plants

9607 Ave. East S-12
Littlerock
(United States)

Paper Catalog Cost: $2 (refundable w/order)

Editor's Comment:
Closed From the website of Cactus Data Plants:

As of July 13th 2006 Cactus Data Plants has sold their stock of sale plants and show specimens, staging rocks and top dressings. All of these materials are going to California Cactus Center (Maleenees Desert Gallery) and they will be made available to the general public when California Cactus Center is prepared to start the selling of these items. For more information please call California Cactus Center at 626.795.2788. I am sure that special requests will be considered as this collection has world status and is of special value because of its history and connection with the cactus world for over 35 years
I have received numerous calls regarding the reasons for the sale of our basic nursery and show plants. Because of our many friends and customers, I would like to share with everyone the reasons for this sale.

There are no problems or negative circumstances involving this departure from my nursery stock and show plants. Kathy and I are at a time in our lives where we feel we are ready to turn the page and start a new chapter. We have purchased wonderful property between Santa Fe and Albuquerque NM and we intend to build a new home in this region. As I am sure most of you know, moving my nursery to this location would be an impossible task. This does not mean I will be out of the hobby or eventually not back in business but that the next year or two will be focused on the move and relocation. It is my intention to eventually have a smaller nursery in a year or two and sell at a few of the shows from the Midwest to California. This downsizing will also hopefully allow me to work on my books and continue to travel and study plants in their native habitats. I am keeping a handful of smaller specimens and a few flats of seed stock plants, which will help with the transition and allow me to keep my hands on these most incredible plants.

Our agreement with California Cactus Center will allow me to honor my sales commitment with the Nor Cal and the Inter-city shows for this July and August. At these two shows we will be selling our traditional material that we normally bring. During this moving and transition time I will be selling NO plant material from the nursery and all inquiries should be addressed to California Cactus Center. When this transaction is completed, January 1, 2007, please feel free to contact me regarding any questions or wants you might have as I will still be out and about. ....... The rebuilding will begin!

Kathy and I both wish to thank all of you for your support and friendship.

Comments:

Neutral InnerLightPhoto
Brooklyn, NY
September 21, 2006
Just spoke to the owner today and he informed me that he is 'no longer in business and has just sold the nursery'. Another good one down.
Positive ecarso
Santa Barbara, CA
August 10, 2006
This shop is AWESOME!!.

They have a huge sellection of all kinds of rare cacti.