The scoop on 'OrganicGardening.com'

OrganicGardening.com

33 E. Minor St
Emmaus, Pennsylvania 18098 (United States)

This company specializes in:Other helpful information:

Comments:

Negative javannahka
Lawrence, KS
August 23, 2011
Organic Gardening outsources their customer service to the Philippines. This does not jive with the "local business" mantra of organic gardening. I am not one who is overly patriotic and I realize there are other countries in the world besides America; however, customer service in another country is the ultimate anti-customer service in my opinion. When I have a problem with a merchant, I'd like to speak to a representative of the company; meaning the home office, not someone who has difficulty even speaking the English language.

Another problem with Organic Gardening is that once one has subscribed to the magazine, there begins an onslaught of telephone calls soliciting various products. The reward for being a faithful subscriber: annoying sales calls!!!?
Negative gardenz
Jackson, NJ
November 20, 2008
I finally cancelled my long-held subscription to the magazine. Lacks the content of old; the driving force; the proactive stances; the anti-chemical ethos. A bit too politically correct, I think, in order to garner ad revenues from all sides of the chemical-organic aisle. A hint of that was recently granting GMO advocates a 2-page spread of what amounted to free publicity. If I want to read about GMO's, I don't need an organic pub to tell me what I can find elsewhere. Most pro-organics are quite capable of doing that research and don't need to have precious space taken up in the already thin magazine with GMO agenda. Don't know that I completely bought the editorial caveat that this GMO exposure was just to play fair w/the other side. I doubt Monsanto/GMO-o-philes would grant the same consideration to organic gardening propaganda. Besdes, I'd rather spend my gardening mag money on pubs of more substance like Fine Gardening, The American Gardener (from AHS), Garden Gate & Horticulture. Plus they deal more w/ornamentals than O.G. does.
Neutral jackybean
Vincentown, NJ
May 5, 2008
I first used Organic Gardening publications when Rodale was
the driving force. It was then educational, more technical and great a source for confident gardening. It has changed to be more fluff and a sad attempt at mild entertainment.
Since moving back to this country a few years ago, I've been sadly disappointed. We need the Organic Gardening of 'old'.
Positive leisurlee
East Barre, VT (Zone 4a)
February 24, 2005
I think this magazine is wonderful. I've been subscribing for two years or so. I was disappointed when they switched to the "OG" format, but now that they are back to Organic Gardening, I'm enjoying it. I think the tips for organic gardeners are valid, and I've incorporated alot of their suggestions in my gardening practices. I especially like the featured pest articles.
Positive paulgrow
Allen Park, MI (Zone 6a)
August 14, 2003
No, it is not the Organic Gardening of years past; but it still has some very good articles for those of us who garden organically.

Hopefully as time goes on it will again become on one of the premier gardening magazines. It has a new editor who will perhaps see our side of the story.
Neutral dave719
Humansville, MO (Zone 6a)
August 14, 2003
I will not take another year If you are like me and are remembering the mag of Robert Rodell this is not it It has become to Martha Stewart for me. It just doesn't have enough hard core gardening for me