The scoop on 'Birds & Blooms'

Birds & Blooms

5400 South 60th Street
Greendale, Wisconsin 53129 (United States)

Phone: 1-800-344-6913

Comments:

Positive billyporter
Nichols, IA (Zone 5a)
March 30, 2006
This is an exellent magazine with something for everyone. The photos are beautiful and the articles are interesting. You find a lot of talented people featured. It's well written for all ages.
Positive nevadagdn
Sparks, NV (Zone 7a)
March 5, 2006
Ordinarily, I pass over Birds and Blooms at the newsstand, because I find it too simplistic for my tastes and interests. However, I was desperate for a garden magazine fix today, and Birds and Blooms' "Gardening Made Easy" special edition was the only thing I hadn't read yet. I bought it, and although it's still not a perfect fit for me, I think it's by far the BEST beginning gardening special issue from any publisher I've ever seen. The information was concise, there were some very good tips, and the magazine was well-put-together. The copy was neither condescending nor overly technical.
Positive GRENTHUMBS
West Warwick, RI (Zone 6b)
January 7, 2006
I have four young children and can't justify a purchase of Birds & Blooms when I know I can read moms for free when she is finished with it (monthes later)
For Yule (Christmas) she got me my very own subscription!!! Yeah, now I don't have to read hers with the dog eared corners, coffee stains, and missing pages because she just "had to keep a really cool idea"
I wait for the mail man every day, I love reading it and look forward to it anyway I can get it. Thanks Mom you rock!
Oh, and thanks B&B you rock too
Positive jestelleoan
Tyler, TX (Zone 8a)
September 27, 2005
Birds and Blooms is grate. It is the most beautiful magazine I get. It is like Dave's Garden just people helping others by what they have done themselfves.You do not even have to read it to get a lot out of it, you just have to look at the pictures. Joan
Positive georgiagarden3
Arlington, GA (Zone 8a)
September 26, 2005
Our whole family loves Birds and Blooms
the kids love the pictures and how tos
it gives us a chance to see other areas
that we may not get to otherwise.
plus the new Birds and Bloom extra
means we get it every month.
Positive Shelly221
Denver, CO (Zone 5b)
September 14, 2005
Absolutely one of my favorite magazines! No ads is a big plus! I love to read about all the plants and birds that we dont get here. I can live through this magazine.
Positive CHILIHEAD
Huntsville, AL (Zone 7b)
September 12, 2005
My wife and I both love this magazine! (and have subscribed to it since it started). Very reasonable price, great pictures and excellent ideas and tips on everything from birds to landscaping
Neutral dovey
Columbus, OH (Zone 5b)
August 29, 2005
I don't want to say anything bad about Birds & Blooms, it's just not what I expected.
The magazine doesn't seem to have much to offer a Southern California gardener.

Rather than a "how to - what to - when to" kind of magazine it's more of a community of garden enthusiast sharing personal photos and expereinces.

IMO
Dovey
Positive Joyous
Himrod, NY (Zone 6a)
February 23, 2005
What's not to love "Birds & Blooms" all in one magazine!! Now to tease us more they have come out with an "Extra" edition. Another magazine I keep. My husband loves to find the acorn and tolerates me going "look, look you've got to see this picture!"
Positive Windy
Belleville , IL (Zone 6b)
December 16, 2004
I enjoy the articles and even cut out the pretty pictures place in frames for my birdroom.
Positive broots
Cochrane, ON (Zone 2b)
August 24, 2003
I have subscribed to this mag. for several years now & I always read it cover to cover. There are some really interesting bird experiences & tips posted by readers & the photography is excellent. I have every issue I ever received.
Positive rutholive
Tonasket, WA (Zone 5a)
August 19, 2003
I have subscribed to Birds & Blooms since it was first published. Good pictures and articles. Some magazines I keep and some I take to clinic waiting rooms. Donna
Positive mystic
Ewing, KY (Zone 6a)
August 19, 2003
This is probably my favorite magazine. I can't wait for each issue to come. If I don't have time to sit and read the articles. I can flip through it just to see the beautiful photographs.
Positive Joan
Belfield, ND (Zone 4a)
August 14, 2003
Birds and Blooms is a great magazine. I learn so much from each issue.