The scoop on 'Horticulture'

Horticulture

98 North Washington Street
Boston, Massachusetts 02114 (United States)

Fax: 617-367-6364

This company specializes in:Other helpful information:

Comments:

Positive Terry
Murfreesboro, TN (Zone 7a)
April 25, 2008
I recently received a two-years-for-the-price-of-one offer in the mail for this magazine. The first issue was a pleasant surprise. It's not as avant-garde as Garden Design (which I also enjoy), but it was certainly "meatier" than a lot of other gardening magazines; I'm looking forward to the next issue.
Positive barksy
Brisbane
Australia (Zone 10a)
September 28, 2005
I like the photos in this magazine, the regional articles, the how to articles, the reviews of tools etc. The one plant, 5 ways articles have given me alot of interesting ideas for plant combos. I dont really like slick magazines with little information. This magazine has enough information for me.
Neutral bbc
Chesterfield, NJ (Zone 6b)
February 28, 2005
I signed up for a subscription to Horticulture on the internet for $14.97. I then received an invoice for $4.98 in the mail. When I called customer service, they said the subscription that I signed up for was $19.95. I explained that it said $14.97, and that is what I paid by credit card - why would I make a partial payment? I told them to cancel the whole order, and then they said they would honor the $14.97 price. This whole transaction seemed very fishy. I hope it was just an honest mistake.
Positive smiln32
Oklahoma City, OK (Zone 7a)
February 16, 2005
I subscribe to this magazine and I love it. The photography alone is worth the price. I get so many ideas for everything from unusual bulbs to design ideas. Articles are well-written and informative. My one true wish is that the magazine were a bit thicker. There is so much more that could be offered.
Positive nevadagdn
Sparks, NV (Zone 7a)
December 13, 2004
I don't know whether I prefer 'Horticulture' or 'Fine Gardening'. My solution was to subscribe to both, and I thoroughly enjoy each issue.
Neutral AS
(Zone 7a)
August 3, 2004
A few years ago, I responded to a postcard offering a free sample issue - if I didn't want to subscribe, the instructions were to write "cancel" on the bill and owe nothing. I looked at the sample issue and decided I didn't care for it. (Personal preference - the articles just weren't that useful to me, but others might find them interesting). The reason I rate them as neutral is that it took much more than "write cancel on the bill" to get them to stop sending the magazine. I started by writing "Please cancel. I tried the sample issue and prefer not to subscribe" on the first bill. They continued sending bills and I continued sending them back with handwritten notes/ explanations. After a few months of this, I finally got them to stop by writing them a formal letter explaining the situation. To their credit, they did then stop sending both the magazine and the bills.
Positive rutholive
Tonasket, WA (Zone 5a)
August 19, 2003
I have subscribed for many years. If there is an article I am especially interested in I stick a small PostIt on upper edge to make easier to find. i do like their Q & A feature. Also their Field Notes for different gardening areas. Very good and interesting articles.
Positive darius
So.App.Mtns.
United States (Zone 5b)
August 17, 2003
My best friend gets this magazine, and every time I visit, I read several back issues. It has become a magazine that may get a subscription from me as the articles are detailed and useful.