The scoop on 'Martha Stewart Living'

Martha Stewart Living

Tampa, Florida 33660-0001 (United States)

Phone: (800)999-6518

This company is affiliated with Martha By Mail (Martha Stewart)

Comments:

Positive nevadagdn
Sparks, NV (Zone 7a)
March 9, 2005
I ignore the issues that don't have a heavy gardening focus, so I don't subscribe. I pick up the issues that appeal to me at the newsstand. In spite of some unrealistic foofyness, I enjoy the gardening articles and inevitably find something to try in my own garden. This month it was a gorgeous hanging basket combo with bright orange impatiens and black trailing coleus.
Neutral hopflower
Santa Rosa, CA (Zone 9a)
January 22, 2004
I have subscribed to Martha Stewart Living and also bought subscriptions for friends. Lately it seems that the articles are less than brilliant and more advertising seems to be in the magazine than ever before, and there was a lot to start with! However, some of the articles are of interest. There are some good ideas presented which can be used, or serve as a basis for other inspirations. Not being much of a crafts person, I usually enjoy the articles on cooking or gardening. Some of the gardening articles, though, are not really how-to's such as those put together by Sunset Magazine, for instance. Sometimes there is not enough on the particular flower(s)or plants in question; only how much Martha has in her collection, etc. In addition, some of the buying guides (listed in the back of the magazine) are really quite expensive lists of things that most of us would not afford, or care to. Case in point: I remember a set of nesting tables in one issue's Guide for about $6,000.00
Neutral Miggy
Long Island, NY (Zone 7a)
January 22, 2004
A lot of the magazine is dedicated to foofy foofiness, but there are some very good gardening articles in there. Not, perhaps in every issue, but good when they do come along.