The scoop on 'Iris City Gardens'

Iris City Gardens

7675 Younger Creek Road
Primm Springs, Tennessee 38476 (United States)

Phone: 800-934-4747

Visit Iris City Gardens at:

Comments:

Positive themikesmom
Concord, NC
July 24, 2014
Posted on July 25, 2013, updated July 24, 2014
We Were Extremely Pleased with Our first Iris Order from Here! They stock some Very Very Rare Historic Varieties Including the Almost impossible to find Dykes medal winner's: Copper Lustre and Coralie, they Give Very Clean fairly Large Rhizome fans with Generous root Systems, Extras of most of the cultivars we ordered, and very lovely Bonuses, we were particularly happy with the Caprice bonus out of the 3 bonus cultivars! in total ! we recieved! Thanks Greg!
On July 24th, 2014, themikesmom added the following:

Another Awesome Year 2014 of Nice, Large, Clean Rhizomes with Nice Root Systems and Very Generous Bonuses! Always Very Pleasant and Couteous to talk too on the phone. I Was Really Happy to get not only Some Incredibly Rare Pink Varieties like 'Cherie' by Hall and 'Memphis Belle', which we have wanted for a long time, but was also Thrilled to be able to get some of there Grandparents Introduction's 'Jasper Agate' and 'Waverly' another Very Rare Heirloom Beautiful Blue Variety! Thanks Greg for another year of Fantastic Cultivars and Great Service!
Positive Old_Gardener
Calabasas, CA
September 3, 2012
Posted on September 3, 2012, updated September 3, 2012
Last week, I received my order for 39 iris that I pre-ordered back in May and I am very pleased with the quality of iris sent. They sent me large clumps for each Siberian iris that I ordered as well as clumps of the species, species cross and water iris. For the Lousiana iris and bearded iris, I received good-sized rhizomes - some of them are larger than my wrist - each with a multitude of increases. Iris City has been very generous with bonus plants, also, sending me a bonus plant for each type of iris ordered - ie., a bonus species, a bonus species cross, etc., and 3 extra Louisiana iris and 2 bonus bearded iris. Definitely a great place to do business with!
On September 3rd, 2012, Old_Gardener added the following:

I forgot to mention that several of the bearded iris are large Y-shaped rhizomes - giving me 2 rhizomes for every one ordered. Very generous vendor!!
Positive ladybug_pc
Mcdonough, GA (Zone 7b)
April 10, 2010
Posted on February 21, 2010, updated April 10, 2010
We took a weekend "road trip" to visit Iris City last year. They are very informative folks with an amazing selection. I purchased several reblooming irises and dwarf irises as well as a couple Siberian. All are doing well except my unbeliavable love iris I purchased for the strong fragrance. Only one of three made it. However, this is no fault due to the company. If you buy over 20 plants, one or two not being as strong as the others is no suprise. I hope the one that made it just had a rough first year and will do better this year. We plan to visit again this spring. (They also threw in an extra Siberian "freebie.") Great folks, great selection, great plants.
On April 10th, 2010, ladybug_pc added the following:

Visited these folks again last weekend. Very helpful people. They replaced my unbelievable love and I purchased additional Siberian, LA, and dwarf bearded iris. Can't brag on these folks enough. If you are in the Nashville area, you definalely need to stop by and see them. They also have a great selection of other plants. Well worth the trip.
Positive redscarf
Evanston, IL
October 6, 2009
I ordered 4 Iris varieties fairly late in the season this year. When they arrived, I was pleasantly surprised to find that though two were out of stock by the time I ordered, Iris City Gardens substituted a total of FIVE different varieties for the TWO that were missing! All the substitutions were well thought out and carefully chosen. Only one of the substitutes was very small at all, and this one I received two of. The rest were all very well sized and healthy. All are healthy and growing new leaves in my garden, even the two little ones! I am very pleased with my purchases from Iris City Gardens - if I ever need irises I know where to go!
Positive vossner
Richmond, TX (Zone 9a)
September 29, 2009
Greg McCullough if Iris City Gardens is a wonderful person to deal with. I have purchased from this company twice and won't hesitate to buy again. Irises were shipped when promised and were extremely healthy and packed with the utmost care. Buy from this seller w/ confidence.
Positive mr_toad
Valdese, NC
August 10, 2009
ordered by phone and by mail - more than pleased - "super" pleased - talking to greg was also a big help - rhizomes arrived well packed and very healthy - the bonus iris was a pleasant surprise - will do business with this company again

Positive BlissfulGarden
Baton Rouge, LA
October 18, 2008
It was a true pleasure to do business with Iris City Gardens. They offer a great selection with quality plants. Their packaging and shipping ensure the plants arrive safely. The plants were large, healthy and well-marked. There service has been prompt and professional. Overall, this has been a great online shopping experience and I will definitely do business with this company again in the future. A++++ =)
Positive eickenho
Sugar Land, TX (Zone 9a)
September 25, 2008
Iris City Gardens sends very healthy and good sized Louisiana irises. Communications and help from Greg are excellent. Very nice and generous extras. I highly recommend Iris City Gardens.
Positive TexasTam
Plano, TX (Zone 8a)
September 11, 2008
I love, love, love this company. They email promptly to notify you of the proposed shipping date. The iris fans I've received from them are always huge and healthy - most bloom the first year. Freebies have accompanied every order I've placed. My only regret is that I can't afford all of the beautiful varieties they offer!
Positive daredevil
Niagara Falls, NY (Zone 6a)
March 5, 2008
Fantastically friendly company that sends well packed boxes filled with large divisions and utterly tremendous bonuses. I'm looking forward to ordering again.
Positive daylily970
Coshocton, OH (Zone 6a)
December 10, 2007
I ordered a variety of irises. was very pleased with them and received 2 bonuses.
Positive Sarconti
Durham, ME (Zone 4a)
December 30, 2006
This was a first time ordering experience and so I only ordered antique bearded iris. Came in wonderful shape and bonuses were great. Will be ordering again this year and will try the siberians not just the bearded irises.
Positive jennyblue2
Earling, IA (Zone 4b)
September 20, 2006
This is the first time I have purchased irises and I had quite a few questions for Greg. He was very helpful and informative. I ordered 9 siberian iris and received 3 extras from my substitute list. The packaging was excellent and the irises arrived looking very healthy. I'm hoping even a newbie like me will be able to keep them happy.
Positive sweet_whitney
Tucson, AZ (Zone 8b)
September 16, 2006
I ordered Tall Bearded, Louisiana, and Japanese irises. They arrived when Greg said they would, and ICG was very generous with bonuses. Prices are very reasonable also. All of the rhizomes looked beautiful and healthy and are growing already! I really appreciate the handwritten "thank you" also-their customer service is the best!
Positive sadie_mae
Central, KY (Zone 6b)
September 16, 2006
I ordered Japanese and Louisiana irises. They were were unable to fulfill the order for some of the Japanese because their plants had not grown large enough from being transplanted last fall, they refunded the ones they couldn't sub and also sent bonuses that were even prettier than the ones I had originally ordered. Everything looked great and was well packed. I will be a repeat customer.
Positive janevx
Saint Paul, MN
September 15, 2006
After reading great reviews here, I gave them a try. I ordered 9 tall bearded iris in June. Ordering was easy and pleasant. In July they sent huge divisions all very healthy, plus 3 additional iris for free. All of the divisions have taken off with new growth. I am so looking forward to seeing the blooms!
Positive creeping_jenny
Rochester, NY
September 14, 2006
One of my best plant ordering experiences ever and highly recommended. I found them while doing a search for LA Iris cultivar Rochester Lilacs (bred especially for a friendship garden here in Rochester NY, so I knew it would do well here). I ended up ordering 5 cultivars--it was certainly hard to choose from the huge variety! email confirmation of my order was prompt, and the irises arrived with two free extras from my sub list, right on time. The superbly packed and healthy divisions are happily acclimating to my pond garden, and I look forward to their blooms next year.
Positive tbuff
Canton, GA
September 14, 2006
I ordered 14 louisiana and siberian iris from this company-my first order from them. Plants were healthy, good-sized and well packaged. Several free iris were included with my order. Greg was very helpful and responsive. I've checked out a number of companies specializing in iris and this company's prices are very competitive. I will order from them again.
Positive arthurgoodwin
Denver, CO
September 8, 2006
Ordered 14 Siberian Iris in mid August. Prompt e-mail acknowledgement of order. Even with the lateness of my order they honored my request for early September delivery. Plants were packed very well and good-size divisions. They also included 3 nice bonus plants. I'll be back with another order next year.
Positive pollyk
Hannibal, NY (Zone 6a)
September 1, 2006
I ordered approx 35 various types of iris, siberian, species crosses, and a few LAs from this company based on there ratings here.

Rec'd them today, and I couldn't have been happier. The divisions are huge and fresh. Just wonderful.

I had a few email conversations with owner Greg along the way. He could not have been more helpful.

Quite a few fantastic extras were included.

Their prices are great, their product is great, and their customer service perfect. What more could one ask for.

I will definitely be a repeat customer, and highly recommend them.

Polly Kinsman
On September 13th, 2008, pollyk added the following:

Another year. More great beardless iris divisions. These folks are absolutely tops. Nice people to deal with. Eveything I purchased so far has been true to name. Huge divisions. Just a wonderful company.
Positive doss
Stanford, CA (Zone 9b)
April 21, 2006
I put in some LA iris last fall that I purchased from Iris City Gardens. Beautiful plants arrived and all have been successful. A beautiful site with photos and descriptions that are very helpful and a wide range of cultivars. Highly recommended.
Positive Margiempv
Oro Valley, AZ (Zone 9a)
March 30, 2006
I've ordered from them a couple of times now - and surely will again. They are so helpfuL!! They go above and beyond to get you what you are looking for. I've had nothing but super great experiences.

They also send nice large, fresh, nicely wrapped irises. Nice extras too. You can't go wrong here! HIghly Recommended! :-)
Positive lwillaredt
Davenport, IA
March 3, 2006
It is absolutely heartwarming to know that there are still businesses around that take so much pride in their product and provide such good service. The iris that I ordered from this company were clean, healthy, and substantially sized. They were carefully packed and shipped and arrived at the appropriate planting time. Their selection is extensive and the plant descriptions are very helpful. I will gladly order from them again.
Positive eldonbailey
Lake Charles, LA
January 24, 2006
I cannot comment about the quality of their plants. But I can attest to their thoughtful customer service. I had placed an order in 2005 just before hurricanes Katrina and Rita struck Louisiana. They held my shipments and emailed me to ask what to do. I asked them to cancel the orders and refund to my credit card which they quickly did. I was evacuated and far from home at the time and this eliminated at least one of my many worries.
Positive veejay
Martinsburg, WV
November 5, 2005
The irises were nice, ample divisions and I also received several free ones. Thank you so much! I will order again.
Positive KY_Bill
Lexington, KY
September 23, 2005
This year was my second order with Iris City Gardens.
I give them the highest possible rating!
I ordered Japanese iris and was VERY pleased with the quality of plants received. Each was exceptionally well packed -- damp paper towel around the roots and in a plastic bag. I received exactly what I ordered plus TWO bonus plants from my substitutes list. My order was shipped exactly when I had requested.
They have a good web site with pictures of what they offer and a wide selection. Good prices.
Very strongly recommend Iris City Gardens for any iris purchases!
Positive flowerfrenzy
Vancouver, WA (Zone 7a)
September 21, 2005
I ordered several siberian irises from this company. They were nice to deal with and responsive to emails. They sent my order exactly when I requested it and the plants were in great shape. They were out of two cultivars that I had ordered, but they refunded me AND sent me 3 extras at no charge to make up for it. I would definitely buy from them again.
Positive brimmsplace
Murfreesboro, TN
September 14, 2005
Greg & Macey McCullough are two of the nicest people you'll ever meet. As Terri1106 stated, you'll leave with "freebies". They carry all types of Iris's, along with perennials too. Greg also makes some of the finest stainless steel plant markers I've ever run across. Ordered "Minnesota Mixed-up Kid" and "Doodle Strudel" from them last week. Hopefully, it will arrive tomorrow. I highly recommend Iris City Gardens to everyone out there.
Positive number2lindalou
Ormond Beach, FL
September 10, 2005
I was unsure about trying Louisiana Iris (a Florida native) and Greg knew it. He spent a generous amount of time on the phone with me, describing growth, bloom, and so forth. Plus sent me a free, full-color catalogue. I fell in love with the pictures and placed an order. The plants were huge and healthy, with bonus ones added, and a hand-written thank-you note on the packing slip. Needless to say, the irises are the stars of the garden, one of the first flowers to bloom and gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous. A wonderful experience with a wonderful company.
Positive Charlotteda
Pickens, SC (Zone 7a)
September 9, 2005
Received my first order from ICG. Louisianas, Siberian and Japanese. Plants are excellent and generous. Very pleased !
Positive Ana_Kogl
Cedar Falls, IA
September 3, 2005
Iris City's prices are excellent, their clumps are large (some varieties are downright huge for mail order), and their bonus plants very generous. I've already recommended them to a friend, and my order just came yesterday!
Positive rankill
Saint Louis, MO
August 15, 2005
In 04 I ordered 30+ Louisiana Iris and 20 Siberian. The Loisiana were very large strong plants. The Siberian were all very large clumps. and there was several bonus plants. In June of 05 I visited them to see there Japanese Iris in bloom. I was treated like a relative. I purchased several large Hosta and ordered 40 Japanese Iris. I would have gotten more but I dont have the space available. I can not say enough good things about these people and their products.
Positive Texas_Doodlebug
Central Texas, TX (Zone 8a)
August 3, 2005
Ordered from Iris City by phone. The gentleman was very pleasant and talked to me about the different varieties and how they grew for him. The order arrived when he said it would. The rhizomes are a nice size and bonus was included. Experience with Iris City was very good and I expect I will order from them again.
Positive Imperial71
Rock Spring, GA (Zone 7a)
April 29, 2005
I absolutely LOVE Iris City Gardens, and can't say enough positive things about them. Luckily I live within driving distance, so we've made it an annual pilgrimage to visit them. Everyone who works there is extremely nice AND knowledgeable about their iris (along with daylillies, native Tennessee plants, etc.). They have a beautiful location and always encourage us to bring a lunch and our happy dog, so it's a nice treat for the whole family. I've purchased several plants from them, all of which have been healthy, strong growers.
Positive tazzy
Sand Springs, OK (Zone 7a)
January 10, 2005
Great plants ,packing, shipping have Iris no one else in USA is carrying .A+
Positive dahlia_gal
La Vergne, TN
October 9, 2004
A friend and I drove to Iris City Gardens in August. I bought 9 rebloomers. Its now October and ALL are doing beautifully. The extras were a plus. They really know their Isis! Anita was very helpful- I look forward to ordering from them next year and taking my son to see them in bloom. I highly recommend them.
Positive kivariver
Ipswich, MA (Zone 5b)
September 29, 2004
I love this company. I've come back 3 times to order Japanese iris and if you want top-notch plants and an extremely pleasant ordering experience this is the place to go. Healthy, generous divisions, great packing and thoughtful bonus plants. Not to mention fast shipping. Thank you Macey and Greg - I will see you again next year.
Positive inanda
Winnipeg, MB (Zone 2b)
September 28, 2004
Not only a positive experience, SUPER POSITIVE. Yes I'm shouting. We had a coop order and kept ordering more after the cutoff date. Then the very large order -4 boxes - sat in customs for 2 weeks, yes, 14 days. Shipping messup, nothing to do with ICG. One box was lost and a partial shipment could not be passed by Canada customs. When we finally unpacked the iris - all kinds - every single one was in great shape. All the roots were still damp and even wet still. Some of the Louisianas leaf had grown about 6 or 7 inches. And such huge pieces, wonderful freebies.

I cannot recommend this company enough. Will def. be reordering from them.

Inanda in Manitoba
Positive evanpowens
Princeton Junction, NJ (Zone 6b)
September 26, 2004
My experience is similar to all the other positive comments. I ordered 15 iris and received 3 "extras" all premium selections. Plants were beautiful and well packed. I ordered 6 Iris siberica nana alba; the plants that I received were so big that I ended up redividing them into 8 clumps. Highly recommended.
Positive SpringOaks
St Peters Village, PA (Zone 6a)
September 17, 2004
My first time ordering also, ordered 17 TBs and 8 SIs (sibs) and they were fine. Sent bonuses of 4 TB dykes medal winners and two siberians!! One of the sibs was a pricey one which I would buy next year. They were very helpful, courteous and prompt. Will order next year.