The scoop on 'BBC Gardeners' World'

BBC Gardeners' World

Comments:

Positive nevadagdn
Sparks, NV (Zone 7a)
November 12, 2003
I looked into subscribing to this magazine, but it would cost more than the newsstand price in the U.S. So, I take my chances and try to buy each issue at local booksellers. I like all the pictures of new plants--okay, I like all the pictures, period. I enjoy the magazine because it reminds me of 2 wonderful childhood years spent in the U.K. I don't ask more of it, really. If I want "serious" gardening information I turn to "serious" gardening books like Dirr's and Armitage's works.
Neutral Baa
November 12, 2003
A nice glossy magazine full of plant photos.

It's a bit disappointing on the information front, fine if you are looking for garden designs but the information given by the really good gardener writers fill just a few, scant pages.

Aside from the photos and occasional writing, the back does have rather a lot of adverts, I don't mind people making a bit of money but it does detract from the magazine as a whole. A plus is that it is all garden related adverts!

Summary - A good waiting room mag or cold hour indoors by the fire but nothing much indepth. Could be a superb magazine with more effort.
Positive broots
Cochrane, ON (Zone 2b)
August 17, 2003
I think this is an excellent gardening magazine. One of the best. Very informative articles. There is a section on 'Your garden this month' & it has 4-5 pages of photos of plants that you could be growing for that month. Great photos. Always an article on how to propagate certain plants. Worth every $ which in Canada is around $10. Just wish I could afford a subscription. Have saved every issue I have ever bought.