The scoop on 'Plants of Distinction'

Plants of Distinction

Abacus House
Needham Market, Suffolk, IP6 8AS
(United Kingdom)

Phone: +44 (0)1449 721720
Fax: +44 (0)1449 721722

This company offers a variety of seeds.

Comments:

Negative spitfire633
kendal
United Kingdom
July 25, 2013
I bought some tomato seeds from this company and spent 5 months tending them and giving them a lot of attention and looking forward to the day when I could try this particular variety. Unfortunately I began to realize after a while that what was now growing in the greenhouse was not the variety I ordered. someone at plants of distinction had put the wrong seeds in the wrong packet. I had ordered Sioux and I grew some big orange tasteless tomatoes instead. I asked for an explanation, an apology and refund but my emails were ignored. I wont use this company again as I don't trust what they send is what I ordered.
Positive garyoconnor
Brattleboro, VT
April 14, 2010
I have ordered 4 times since January 2010 and have received my seeds in about 2 weeks. they can ship your order right to your address without any Permits to the U.S.A. I highly recommend this company for hard to find seeds. gary.
Positive Gillysdad
Gateshead
United Kingdom
January 22, 2010
I have dealt with Plants of Distinction for many years and not once have I had cause to complain about seeds or there delivery. On one occasion I had a grumble about the condition of some plants that had arrived, and they were replaced without any hesitation. All in all a top notch company that I will continue to use.
Negative kathp
wexford
Ireland
May 6, 2008
I ordered several seed packets from Plants of Distinction for the first time this year, and I was not impressed. The selection of unusual plants and the lovely photos on the webpage tempted me but I was ultimately very disappointed. When they arrived there were very few seeds in each packet and the germination has been terrible. I may not be the greatest gardener in the world but I planted seeds from other companies at the same time in the same compost mix and they did just fine.
Positive Tigerchops
Dallas, TX (Zone 8a)
June 1, 2006
The selection in the POD catalog is quite good with many mixed seeds packets. I purchased about $50 worth to be sent to the US and the shipping charge was less than many US companies. They added an item to the order (at my request) the day it was supposed to be sent out. I received the package about a week later, but it had been raided by customs and all of the contents destroyed. I contacted POD and they immediately prepared the order to be resent with the appropriate paperwork. The package arrived 2 weeks later (it had again been detained in customs) and the entire order was intact. I would be happy to order from this company again based on my experience so far, and will update with germination results. Thanks!
Positive echoes
South of Winnipeg, MB (Zone 3a)
June 18, 2004
I'll order again from this company. Shipping charges were reasonable and lots of choice. Seeds had good germination.
Positive lizruork
toronto
Canada
November 11, 2003
plants of distinction was very easy to deal with from canada. i received my catalogue mere days after my request. i left my order by voicemail and again delivery was very fast. i was pleased with the seed i ordered, experienced good germination except for 1 morning glory and all seed appeared true to description. i received a credit and an offer to replace for free one item which could not be delivered due to a crop failure. all in all quite positive and i will order again in 2004
Negative DeeDs
Cornwall
United Kingdom (Zone 8b)
September 5, 2003
Very expensive, and out of 4 packets of seed. I have just two plants, and none of them is difficult to germinate.

Seeds of 3 products I received from swaps or purchased elsewhere after waiting weeks for the seeds to come through, have all germinated - so I don't think it is my methods.

On contacting the company I recieved a very off hand response, seeming to imply it was down to my methods, and they had no problems with their seeds!

I will certainly not be wasting my money here again.
Negative frankbertoni
May 13, 2003
two years in a row I had almost no germination. it could be the Agway where I bought them has held them for too long but I definitely had no luck.I wish I had. The plants look like they would be beautiful and quite unique. Seeds were expensive.
Positive hangsix
March 20, 2003
This company has out standing products! Their germination rates have always been A+.
I recently placed an order here in Buffalo NY and received it in less then 3 weeks!
I was very happy about this due to the, fact it came all the way from England!
I would also like to note even thought, there prices are in pounds you can still get .
Some good buy s take for example you can get 50 flowering maple seeds for just
3.95 US that is very cheap!
My only wish would be that they create an online catalog and secure web site to take
CC orderís so one would not have to call England. Other then that A+ outstanding
Usual delightful products!
Positive Discovery
February 4, 2003
I purchased 5 packs of Lapageria seed at a local retail nursery. Upon planting the seed one of the pouches was not sealed and only had 2 seed. I e-mailed them, not anticipating a replacement. They mailed a replacement and a catalogue in no time. Interesting catalogue with unusual material. I'd say, excellent service.
Positive Baa
December 2, 2001
Very nice, if, small catalogue with many unusual flowers. Seed packets have a basic germination guide on the back.

Very reasonable prices for seed and in the years I've ordered from them I've had a good germination rate as long as the guide is followed.

Plants are a little pricy but are often hard to find and pricy anyway. I've never ordered any plant so I cannot comment further.