The scoop on 'Chile Pepper Institute (New Mexico State University)'

Chile Pepper Institute (New Mexico State University)

Box 30003 MSC 3Q
Las Cruces, New Mexico 88003 (United States)

» Like them on Facebook

Comments:

Positive Bpwilly
Covington, WA
March 10, 2013
Great selection of pepper seeds. Fast shipping and very fresh seeds. I have had over a 93% germination rate, which is great when ordering some of these unique pepper seeds. Will use them again in the future.

Bpwilly
Positive bobmanasco
Geneseo, IL
February 9, 2012
Fantastic selection, great information, and quality seed. I could not be more pleased with the folks at NMSU's Chili Pepper Institute. I've bought from them the past couple of years, and have had tremendous success with their seeds, both in terms of germination rates (near 100%!) and in total harvest yields.
Positive Sassamel
El Paso, TX
May 10, 2011
Ordered and got my seeds in under a week, most seed companies take at least 10 business days to get you anything. Also was surprised at the number of seeds, the other companies I ordered from provided about 10-12 seeds per package, there were well over 30 seeds in each of the packages. Super friendly and always willing to help solve problems, was pleasantly surprised. Thank you!
Positive wufflespring
Yoder, CO (Zone 5a)
May 10, 2011
I ordered 2 packets of Bhut Jolokia and 2 packets of other peppers back in January 2011. Germination on all was 100%! All of the pepper plants are currently in flower and I'm excitedly looking forward to the peppers.

I ordered 2 more packets of Bhut Jolokia just under a week ago and they arrived 2 days ago. Super fast shipping, great products, and very informative. I look forward to many years of shopping on their website!
Positive jamesleaser
Houston, TX
February 13, 2011
A friend got me started on peppers and pointed me towards the Chili Pepper Institute (New Mexico State University). Service was great and I will see what happens to my tastebuds.
James
Positive oregonwoodsmoke
Terrebonne, OR
May 29, 2010
Surprisingly fast shipping.

I bought 4 different varieties and germination has been fast and 100%. Plants made the move from paper towel/ baggie germination into pots without missing a beat.

The poquillos were several days slower, but they are up with 100% germination.

Number of seeds is not huge, but enough for a normal family for a couple of years, especially since all seeds are germinating. Certainly more seeds than the big companies put into their little paper packets to sell from racks.

It's my understanding that the super hots are difficult peppers to germinate, and I didn't buy any of those. Don't want anyone to expect 100% on their bhats, just because I am saying I got 100% on my New Mexico and jalapenos.
Positive 1SickPuppy
Waukesha, WI
April 2, 2009
I have purchased seeds from NMSU Chili Pepper Institute for the past 2 years. I have tried several varieties and have had great success.
This is my second year growing the Bhut Jolokia and have had good luck and productivity here in Wisconsin.
Last Year I had 15 Bhut's that all produced fruit. Although they don't produce a bumper crop I still ended up with a large amount of dried pepper. I would say almost a pound.
This year I have started my Bhut's and the germination rate is approx. 90%. I anticipate having about 35 plants this year.
The information provided by the institute is extremely helpful and I recommend reading it if you plan to grow the Bhut Jolokia.
Positive docstephens
Virginia Beach, VA
August 10, 2007
I have purchased chili pepper seeds from the Chili Pepper Institute at NMU for the past 2 years. The seeds always arrived in a speedy fashion with appropriate instructions. Most of my seeds germinate properly and I end up with a nice hot chili pepper garden. Between my brother and me we have finally gotten a Bhut Jolokia to bear a chili pod. I am trying now to germinate 10 seeds. The advice I receive from the Institute is most helpful in my chili pepper experience. I have been growing chili peppers for over 50 years. I began when I was a teenager. I intend to grow many more chilis from the Institute seeds.
Fr. Seraphim Stephens