The scoop on 'Green: Plant Research'

Green: Plant Research

PO Box 597
Kaawa, Hawaii 96730 (United States)

Company Comment, posted on August 20, 2012:
Ted Green (rare-hoyas.com) will be upgrading his web site on 10 September so take a look: New listings, new prices and new comments. Somethings never before offered!

Comments:

Positive cicada
Brownsville, KY (Zone 6a)
June 12, 2012
I'm very pleased with the hoya cuttings I received. They were healthy and arrived in good shape. Mr. Green answered emails promptly and shipped the ordered quickly.
Positive treelover3
Minneapolis, MN (Zone 5a)
July 13, 2009
I have ordered from Mr. Green several times and have been very pleased with the cuttings I have received.

The one thing I really love about ordering from Mr. Green is that shipping is included in the cost of the cuttings, so you just add up the cost of the cuttings and you know what you will owe.

Mr. Green is also very quick to reply to emails regarding plant availability.

Mr. Green has a great sense of humor and is great to deal with.
Order with complete confidence.
Positive AlohaHoya
Keaau, HI (Zone 11)
March 25, 2009
Ted Green has an amazing selection of hoyas to choose from...many of which he has collected in the wild and some which he has published. He is a communicator and a good businessman as well as providing excellent plant material! I have always been pleased with material I have received from him!!!!

Carol
Neutral sheilasouth
Osage, IA
March 19, 2009
I thought Mr. Green had a huge selection & a very nice website. I placed a very large order & some of my cuttings were never sent...& there was no explanation as to why they weren't sent. Also, it seemed like there were quite a few substitutions...that is something I'm not crazy about. He is fun to deal with I guess...but not enough of the cuttings "made it" for me to order from him again. .I found it to be an expensive lesson , since many of the cuttings never rooted...or died of a virus, that was apparent on the leaves when they arrived. I tried Plant green Research 3 times...I am leary about going with him again.
Company representative comment on June 2, 2009:
On Jun 2, 2009 8:55 AM, Green: Plant Research responded with:

I have checked both our national and international orders and find that we have never had a single order from a Shielasouth.

We do not check for virus but to the best of my knowledge I have never shipped a cutting suspected as being viritic.

We never make substitutions without the consent of the buyer and they are always named and approved, beforehand. As for not providing the cuttings ordered, this is hard to believe for I correct any mis-shipment immediately.

I believe that Shielasouth is a fictious name and the comments are scurrilous and meant solely to harm my 30 year old business - one with a very good track record.

Ted Green
Green: Plant Research

Positive Tall_Shadow
February 28, 2009
I loved doing business with Mr. Green.

I got very nice cuttings and they came very quickly.
They were healthy and all rooted!

I plan to buy again from Ted!
Positive paulashoya
North Central, ID (Zone 6a)
December 12, 2008
Ted Green was a pleasure to order cuttings from. The shipping was VERY fast and the box arrived in great
condition. He even included a nice personal note with
the order, wishing me luck on rooting. The cuttings were
in great shape and all rooted well. One of them even
bloomed from a peduncle it had before it had even rooted !
What a plus !
Very easy ordering experience; I am extremely satisfied.
Will order again...

Paula in Hawaii/Big Island
On March 28th, 2009, paulahawaii added the following:

My order from Ted was extremely quick, no fuss at all and plants in excellent shape. Very nice man also !
Positive ACsAgapePlants
Mesa, AZ (Zone 9a)
November 11, 2005
I have ordered several times from Ted Green and have always been pleased with his plants, service and great sense of humor. I recommed him highly and will order from him again, and again!!
Positive jll
Pendleton, OR
March 27, 2005
I am pleased with my order. And shipping was fast. will order again.
On November 9th, 2006, jll added the following:

I have orderd a few more times. I have recived some real nice cuttings he is a fun person to deal with vicki
Positive lovebug_blue
March 11, 2004
I have ordered several times from Ted Green and I have always been VERY pleased with both his selection, and the quality of the cuttings I received from him. He only sells cuttings, however, mine are usually over a foot in legnth. He is always prompt with shipping and the selection can not be beat! Shipping fees are also figured right into the cost of the plants so there are no bothersome shipping calculations or added packaging fees.