The scoop on 'Paul Shirley Succulents'

Paul Shirley Succulents

Comments:

Positive sandy130
Abbotsford, BC (Zone 8a)
August 19, 2005
I just received an order of hoya cuttings from Paul and was very satisfied with what i ordered. They arrived very quickly and were in great shape when they came. Even with the exchange, the prices were pretty good and the selection was good also. I would definately order from him again.
Positive Nasouk
Paris
France
July 22, 2004
I have ordered several times from Paul and each time I was more than satisfied. A big selection, unbeatable prices and VERY fast shipment are a +++. All Hoyas so far received (about 50 -70 cuttings) were correctly labelled.
Positive Gemila
Decatur, IN (Zone 5a)
May 14, 2004
Last year I was in charge of a group order. The selection is great and the prices can't be beat. However, I would inquire about the phytosanitary certificate fee and back then credit card payments weren't accepted so I paid with a personal check. For this I had to pay an extra charge that seller is charged by his bank to cash it. This was not mentioned on the website but I had heard that from others who ordered in the past so I asked about this before hand. I chose to pay with a personal check because my bank wanted $50 for me to send a certified check converted to his currency. I used a website to calculate the exchange rate in order to send the proper amount.

We mostly ordered the unrooted cuttings. A few rooted cuttings were ordered and from my experience, I think its a waste of $$ to do this. The cuttings were sent barerooted with no moisture at all. All cuttings were in a styrafoam box in layers of styrafoam peanuts. The most tender cuttings like H. archiboldiana, H. multiflora 'speckles' and another I don't remember did not fair the long trip to the USA. They were pretty wilted and didn't make it. All others were just fine. The rooted cuttings had to be rerooted because the roots were pretty dehydrated on arrival (this is why I say you're wasting your $$ for the rooted plants). The cuttings were a generous size most with three or four nodes depending on the variety. I was very pleased with the order and the others that ordered with me never let me know otherwise.

I haven't ordered since the website was updated so I don't know what has changed but I would inquire any seller with concerns you may have.

Positive PanamonCreel
Celaya
Mexico (Zone 10a)
September 6, 2003
Good selection of Hoyas, Dischidias, Ceropegias and Stapelias for a reasonable price. Hoya/Dischidia cuttings I received where a nice size and rooted well.
Contact seller before ordering in regards to payment options and extra charges where applicable since these are not indicated on the Website.