The scoop on 'Park Seed Company (aka Park's Gardens)'

Park Seed Company (aka Park's Gardens)

1 Parkton Ave
Greenwood, South Carolina 29649 (United States)

Phone: 800-213-0076

Catalog Order Page: Hyperlink
Paper Catalog Cost: Free

Visit Park Seed Company (aka Park's Gardens) at:

This company is affiliated with 6 companies:This company offers a variety of plants and seeds.

Company Comment, posted on January 26, 2006:
Our company is the American gardener's premier source for top quality, untreated seeds. Our selection is unmatched (approximately 1,100 varieties available), and our products provide excellent value for the money. We've been delivering great gardening experiences since 1868—Always Dependable!

In our quest to sell only the best, we works with the top growers and developers around the world to bring new seed and plant opportunities to our customers. And our exclusive ParksPak(R) packaging and quality control processes ensure that seeds are kept at optimum low light/low humidity conditions until you are ready to plant them. Finally, to make sure that every gardener experiences success with seed, we enclose a free Gardener's Handbook with every order.

If you'd like to learn more about our company and its history, please visit (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Park_Seed_Company). And for a delightful vacation experience, we invite you to come to our national headquarters, garden center, and trial gardens at 1 Parkton Avenue, Greenwood, South Carolina (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Park_Seed_Trial_Gardens).

Of course, the best way for you to get to know us is to place an order with us and let us serve you personally. We welcome your input and questions, either via our online comment form (http://www.parkpr.com/feedback) or by calls to our customer service representatives and horticulturists (800-845-3369).

We Guarantee all products to be high quality, true to type, shipped properly, and to perform as advertised. If this is not the case, notify us as soon as possible, and we will gladly resolve the issue, offer gardening advice, or provide a merchandise credit. Please understand that we cannot accept responsibility for the results of extreme weather, neglect, unforeseeable acts of nature, or ignoring our hardiness zone recommendations

Comments:

Displaying the 50 most recent comments:

Positive gfernando
Southington, CT
August 18, 2015
Posted on August 6, 2015, updated August 18, 2015
Posted on August 6, 2015, updated August 6, 2015
Posted on August 5, 2015, updated August 6, 2015
I ordered $34 worth of seeds from Park Seeds last Monday, July 27th. The very next day, I received a confirmation e-mail that my order has shipped and received a USPS tracking #. I waited patiently for the tracking # to show up on the USPS website. Last Thursday as the USPS website claims the tracking # is not found, I contacted Park Seed customer service and asked them why. They emailed me right away and said their shipments usually do not have tracking #s and confirmed my order was in fact shipped and on its way. It has been 6 business days since my last email and I still HAVE NOT received my shipment.
First they give you a tracking number to make you feel good that your order was shipped (when it is not) and when you inquire about the tracking # not working they claim their shipments do not have tracking #s and assure your shipments have shipped. It has NEVER taken this long for domestic mail to reach me if it was shipped 10 days ago. I get mail from other side of the world within 10 days. They are misleading me and buying time by lying to me. They have no integrity. How am I supposed to trust the quality of their seeds????
I won\\\\\\\'t order anything from this company ever again! STAY AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On August 6th, 2015, gfernando changed the rating from negative to neutral and added the following:

Thank you Angela.
Mu husband said a package from Park Seed arrived today. So I am changing my rating from negative to neutral. Will write an update on the quality and germination of seeds once I get to it.

On August 6th, 2015, gfernando added the following:

On August 18th, 2015, gfernando changed the rating from neutral to positive and added the following:

I have progressively changed my rating from negative to positive. The seeds were very well packed with clear instructions. Also the seed count for every packet was very accurate.In fact there were a few extra seeds to account for any loss of seed. So far I am very satisfied with the packaging, seed count and the instructions. The info sheet that comes with the shipment is very useful for a beginner gardener.

Also most of the seeds I have sowed have sprouted by now, so seems like the germination of their seeds are good. Only Delphiniums are yet to germinate and I cannot say anything yet about seedling survival rate but so far I am happy with the quality of the seeds. I hope to buy more seeds from them and will keep this comment thread updated.Thanks Park Seed!
Company representative comment on August 6, 2015:
On Aug 5, 2015 12:26 PM, Park Seed Company (aka Park\\\'s Gardens) responded with:

I am sorry to hear you are dissatisfied with our service. I would like to help with your situation. Would you please provide me with your name, address, order # , and I will gladly work with you toward some sort of resolution in this situation.

Sounds like you order shipped via UPSMI, UPS Mail Innovations. Which can take up to ten business days in transit. Tracking information is not available for this shipping method. Your order was shipped via UPS Mail Innovations and will be delivered to you by USPS. However the shipping date shown is the date your order shipped from our facility. We apologize for any confusion or any inconvenience caused.

On Aug 6, 2015 9:42 AM, Park Seed Company (aka Park\'s Gardens) added:

Great, I am so glad to learn that your shipment did deliver. Please let me know directly if there is anything else I may assist you with.

Negative JackiO
Watertown, MN
June 11, 2015
I really wish I had done some research before ordering from Park Seed. Had I even done just a quick search I would have found review after review of their HORRIBLE customer service. I have NEVER encountered a company that cared so little for their customers as Park Seed.

It was 11pm at night and I wanted to order the "deal of the day" also they were advertising "free shipping" on the home page so I went check out, entered the code and the system would NOT take the code. I had over $39 worth of stuff in my cart and was entering it in correctly. Since it was so late I gave up and decided to try again in the morning. However when trying to order the next day the cost of the flowers I wanted went up and still, the system would NOT accept the coupon code for free shipping. Naturally I contacted your customer service thinking they would do their job and make it right. However all I got was a snotty attitude, snide remarks and an agent who obviously had NO intentions on doing anything to make up for the money I missed out on saving. I was absolutely floored at the way Terri handled my issue, I have NEVER received such horrible customer service, it was so bad I made sure to save the script. I continued on to email the company thinking I may have just gotten a bad CSR.. NOPE!!! that was not the case, the person from info@parkscs.com wasn't any better.

Now on top of the HORRIBLE service Park Seed has processed un-authorized payments on my account. I made my purchase on 6/6 for $41.78 which was taken out of my account immediately. Now on 6/9 I had a charge on my account for $35.88 and a second charge for $5.90. This is NOT OK! This company has processed unauthorized charges on my account. DO NOT ORDER FROM THEM.

***PLEASE READ THE ABOVE INFO BEFORE ORDERING FROM THIS COMPANY***

I will be doing my best to warn others about this company, and will be submitting a BBB complaint. I hope at the very least this info can help warn others so they don't order from this company.
Company representative comment on June 11, 2015:
On Jun 11, 2015 11:43 AM, Park Seed Company (aka Park\'s Gardens) responded with:

Dear JackiO,

I have reviewed your posting on Dave's Garden Watchdog website as well as your Live Chat session and your email inquires. I would like to help with your situation and bring a resolution to your issue. First, please note that I will be issuing you credit back to your account for the difference in price of the 12 Delosperma Jewel of Desert Topaz plants in the amount of $6.00, we apologize that you were unable to process and submit your order on June the 4th while the Deal of the Day was valid. Second, to explain how your charges appeared, we charge for items as they ship and on 6/7/15 we sent in a pre-authorization for $41.78 and when we made shipment of the 2 packets of seeds on your order we billed only for them at $5.90. Once we processed the plants for shipment we pre-authorization the remaining balance of $35.88 and billed for this amount once the plants shipped. Giving a total of $41.78 that we billed you for. Pre-authorization are roll off accounts once the money due is collected. Customer Service is important and we always appreciate the opportunity to address any dissatisfaction with our products and services. We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Positive mikeandflee
Saginaw, MI
June 10, 2015
I've ordered seed in the past and had great luck with it. This year was no different, plants are growing and I am one happy gardener. This was the first year I order a plant, missed that it was a bare root plant, planted it and it's growing now too. Very happy!
Company representative comment on August 6, 2015:
On Aug 6, 2015 12:37 PM, Park Seed Company (aka Park\'s Gardens) responded with:

We appreciate you taking the time to let us know how pleased you are with your product. Thank you! Your opinion is valued and we, of course, welcome feedback. It's customers like you who act as a reminder of why we do what we do and the importance of supplying only top quality products as well as to offer the best service possible. Again, thank you for sharing your thoughts!

Neutral Sharon65
Ogdensburg, NY
May 19, 2015
Posted on May 11, 2015, updated May 19, 2015
It took six days to get here and when it finally did, the seed packages are short. Instead of 25 Rudbeckia, I received 18. On Calendula, I received 39 instead of 50.

I\'m not done counting yet, will have a final tally later.

The quality looks like dollar store seed.

The shipping costs half the order, and they gave me a unusable tracking number.

The seed count is less then what\'s on the package.

Never again. I order from Fedco, Johnny\'s, and Baker, and I\'ve never a problem like Parks has given me.

The only good thing is the germination chart they sent, hopefully their seeds will germinate 100% to make up for the rest.

On May 19th, 2015, Sharon65 changed the rating from negative to neutral and added the following:

Park Seeds sent me extra seeds in response to my complaint, which is nice, so I'm changing it to a Neutral.
Angela is a good employee, I hope they appreciate her.

Company representative comment on May 11, 2015:
On May 11, 2015 4:43 PM, Park Seed Company (aka Park\'s Gardens) responded with:

I would like to assist in bringing a solution to your issues. Please email me your name, address, and order number so that I may help you with this situation.

Neutral bullfrog357
Townsend, DE
May 18, 2015
Posted on May 14, 2015, updated May 18, 2015
Order was placed on the web to speed things up? I waited almost a month and never heard back from them. Finally I sent an inquiry by e mail and no response. I called twice and e mailed a few more times. Still not a person knew when the seeds would be shipped or what was going on. Another week went by and two more e mails and they finally got the ball rolling. Ive been given a usps tracking number that so far is no good. I think the shipping # is a sham. On a scale of 1 to 10 in making an effort to make a customer satisfied and do business with them again is a big fat ZERO. This is not the same Park seed I remember from the 1990\'s. As far as Im concerned for the aggravation they put me thru my order definitely should have been complimentary. It is obvious to me they do not seem to care that they are losing customers faster than they are gaining them. Ill order elsewhere next time. And the thing that really gets me is the seeds were displayed on the website as available for shipment while I was told repeatedly that they were on backorder. Im still trying to figure that one out. Its going onto six weeks for my order to get to me.
On May 18th, 2015, bullfrog357 changed the rating from negative to neutral and added the following:

The seeds I ordered finally arrived. It took a bit longer than I expected but the dilemna has beed resolved. Thank you Angela for explaining what they failed to tell me they were using UPS not USPS.
Company representative comment on May 18, 2015:
On May 14, 2015 9:05 AM, Park Seed Company (aka Park\\\'s Gardens) responded with:

I would like to assist in bringing a solution to your issues. Please email me with your name, address, and order number so that I may help you with this situation. I would like to review your account so that I may bring a better resolution to your issue. . During the peak season it can take several days to get a response due to the volume of emails we receive daily. However I will be more than happy to assist with your order, please email me directly at adavenport@parkseed.com.

On May 18, 2015 2:52 PM, Park Seed Company (aka Park\'s Gardens) added:

Your very welcome, so glad to learn that your seeds delivered. Thank you and if I may be of further assistance please feel free to send me an email.

Negative dhaberer
Lowry, MN
May 10, 2015
I ordered 2 wisteria plants, and a few petunia surfinia. The wisteria came and was packaged horribly and very small. The plants are all broke off and crushed. I emailed them to tell them that I need replacement plants or a refund because the wisteria are destroyed. I still have not heard from them. I haven't received my petunia surfinia yet. I have emailed them to cancel those because I will just go somewhere local and buy them. Don't waste your time with this company. Their plants are very small for what you pay and if there is a problem they don't get back to you.

Company representative comment on May 11, 2015:
On May 11, 2015 4:42 PM, Park Seed Company (aka Park\'s Gardens) responded with:

I am sorry to hear the product was damaged. I would like to help with your situation. Would you please provide me with your name, address, order # , and I will gladly work with you toward some sort of resolution in this situation.

Negative Deborah_R
Clarkesville, GA
May 9, 2015
I ordered several organic seed varieties and a 3 pound bag of organic fertilizer on April 4, 2015. As of this date, May 9, I have not received the fertilizer and had to buy locally. I have emailed and although their automated response says they will reply within 48 hours have received nothing. I have called countless times and chosen either their Billing or Customer Service option only to be left on hold until my cell phone battery dies. I realize the cost of the fertilizer is minimal, but a company as large as Park should care whether their service is complete and professional despite the size. If reviewing on Dave's is the only route to resolving this issue then so be it. To say I'm disappointed is an understatement as I have been a guest at Park (for professional gardeners and landscapers) in the past.
Company representative comment on May 11, 2015:
On May 11, 2015 4:40 PM, Park Seed Company (aka Park\'s Gardens) responded with:

Positive dlh488s
Springfield, MO
May 8, 2015
Posted on May 8, 2015, updated May 8, 2015
I placed an order back before the first of the year. Excited as usual when the seed catalogs started to arrive. It is now May 8th and I still have not received my order. After calling several times being told the shipment had been moved to priority I found myself at davesgarden.com looking at complaint after complaint. As I like to pretend to be a good gardener I had thought this company was where the real gardeners went for quality. Their magazines and website are top notch and prices are higher (meaning better quality????). Well obviously this pretend gardener fell for the pretty outer shell of Park Seed. While each person I have talked to has been nice and seemingly helpful (one wonders if its the southern accent that made them seem overly nice) not a one of them came through getting my order to me. So again I ended up at davesgarden.com and found this Angela Davenport\'s email address with Park Seed. An email was sent and she did respond stating she was not even certain why it had not shipped and that an e-mail had been sent to the shipping departments supervisor asking that my order be shipped ASAP. Again this seems nice and helpful, but lets remember that the three other people I have spoke with stated the same thing. I again just checked the status of my order through their fancy website and it stated anticipated ship date of 5/7/2015.....Today is the 8th and it has not been shipped. I am giving them until Monday and then I will contact my credit card company and file a fraud or complaint to get my money back and go to a local green house and get what I need or close to it anyway. So upsetting and its set my garden back nearly a month now.
On May 8th, 2015, dlh488s changed the rating from negative to positive and added the following:

Angela, just emailed me again stating my order will be shipped on Monday overnight UPS. So Tuesday I can complete my garden additions for this year. As I replied to her this company should put her in charge. They have excellent products just overwhelmed employees with no follow through. Changed my rating to positive for Angela and their products.
Company representative comment on May 8, 2015:
On May 8, 2015 3:34 PM, Park Seed Company (aka Park\'s Gardens) responded with:

I am so sorry for the delay in the shipment of your order. I do want to inform you that I have made arrangements with shipping to have your order shipped out Monday morning via Overnight UPS delivery due to the delay you have experienced. I also want to make you aware that The King Fern you had on order is not available due to a quality issue and was canceled. I will be emailing you with an offer. Again please accept our apology,
Angela D.

Posted on April 4, 2014, updated April 23, 2014
Posted on July 7, 2012, updated April 4, 2014
Posted on May 22, 2012, updated July 7, 2012
Posted on March 5, 2012, updated May 22, 2012
I have to give credit where credit is due. I, too, have had some delays in delivery of seeds and orders of non-plant materials that are not subject to weather, but what I did receive was well packed, arrived safely and was exactly as advertised. When seed packs didn\\\'t have good germination rates or other problems occurred, they always refunded promptly and without question. All in all, I give Park\\\'s a positive rating. Yes, smaller companies with less overhead and business can react faster, but they get the job done and treat people humanely. If I had any troubles with getting a good outcome when problems occur, then I wouldn\\\'t be so generous. But, as long as they continue to do the right thing, I\\\'ll continue shopping there. No real harm has been caused by the problems I\\\'ve encountered and they\\\'ve gone the extra step to make it right. Thanks Park\\\'s!
On May 22nd, 2012, reeve1 changed the rating from positive to negative and added the following:

I have experienced ALL the problems listed here - like deceptively selling seeds from 2011 by putting a 2012 sticker on the label and selling them as this year\\\'s product, poor seed count, poor packaging of tiny seeds and not providing a paper envelope inside the seed pack, poor viability of seeds, and all the other complaints and problems listed here.

But, the last straw is them not honoring their guarantee. It\\\'s like chasing a jack rabbit trying to get someone to follow through with what they say they are going to do once you get off the phone. I started doing this in writing so I had something that I could go back to my credit card company with. They sold me Pee Dee Liriope, their website says it has bright Yellow leaves, and the pictures show this. When I received them, they were medium green and looks like generic Liriope, not even close to the picture on their website. When I contacted them, a horticulturist got involved and stated that they needed a week to test the product. After a week with having the plant at her desk, she responded back to me saying that they acknowledged the misrepresentation and would issue a full refund for the full amount to my credit card. Weeks later, I receive a credit voucher towards more purchases, and they didn\\\'t even refund the shipping. Since this was the only item on this order and after explaining to them that this was their mistake, not mine, and I would not have ordered these if the item had been properly identified. They promised to issue a refund, but it\\\'s been over 2 months now and 3 attempts to email, to be promised the refund in 10 days, and I get nothing. Each person promises that they just initiated a refund to my card and then I don\\\'t see anything.

I\\\'m issuing a chargeback today on my credit card and am finished shopping with these crooks! I only hope that they will finally go out of business soon so we can have one less obstacle and avoid the continuous problems that usually come with doing business with Park\\\'s and trying to purchase quality plants for my home and garden. They are not our friends.
On July 7th, 2012, reeve1 added the following:

To date, I have called both Park Seed and their affiliate, Wayside Gardens, and have been told 4 TIMES that they are sorry, the credit is NOW issued, and I should see it in 7-10 days. Nothing has been done. I\\\'ve finally called my credit card company to dispute the charges. Life is too short than to have to waste it dealing with Park Seed\\\'s incompetence.
On April 4th, 2014, reeve1 added the following:

The incompetence continues! I don\\\'t know why I think my experience is going to be different than it has been in previous years. I ordered the Rising Sun Redbud and some Inca Ice Alstroemeria in December 2013. Not a word from them about when they might ship, or a heads up when they had charged my card. But, I learned that the order was shipped 3/5. Apparently, the box came to UPS empty and they supposedly contacted Park about filing a claim. It\\\'s 4/4 as I type this and I just learned about all this. While Park has spent 3 weeks filing a claim to get their money back, no one at Park has the courtesy or mindset to contact me to let me know what has happened to my order, or even start the replacement process. I had to call to find all this out and then was told they are still working out the claim. I had to ask for them to ship out the replacements. It\\\'s like dealing with children or like they are all on drugs and have to be told what to do. Absolutely No proactive actions or basic customer service.

I also had another order with seeds. None of them sprouted. I had purchased the same seeds from Express Seeds and have almost 97% germination rate. Clearly these seeds are old. How old is the question. There were Surfina Petunia plants on the order, both scheduled to ship next week. I asked to cancel them and they said they have already shipped. When I told her they show shipping on Monday (today is Friday) she said they can\\\'t cancel both plants, only one. I can\\\'t see Park\\\'s lasting much longer with this kind of failure to provide not even best efforts but the most basic of customer notification and support. Absolutely unbelievable.
On April 23rd, 2014, reeve1 added the following:

Just STAY AWAY! They are having bigger problems than I can possibly list here. I\\\'m getting dead plants, no one responds to emails, and I am getting the phone hung up on me and talked down to like I was some piece of trash. I don\\\'t know what\\\'s happening there but it\\\'s so bad that I can\\\'t see them staying around much longer. I\\\'m so fed up that I will never do business with them.
On May 3rd, 2015, reeve1 added the following:

Worst experience yet! I ordered from another company and didn\'t know it was a PARK company. Lo and Behond, the same crappy experience! I wish I could get a list of every company they buy before I order from them. They seem to poison everything they touch. They are worse than common criminals! Lie, cheat and steal!
On May 6th, 2015, reeve1 changed the rating from negative to neutral and added the following:

Apparently, there is one person at Park's that doesn't have TOTAL disregard for customers. I've had so many bad experiences and felt like a fool for coming back. But, I love gardening, I love new and hard to find items, and this has been the reason for Park's existence lately. Unfortunately, the people they hire must deal with such angry people on a daily basis that they've become callous and angry themselves! But, not so with one person, 'Angela Davenport' ADavenport@parkseed.com. While the negatives so heavily outweigh the positives (plant quality, packing, prices, customer support, quality control, and more) I cannot see changing my negative to a positive. But, Angela's kind and thoughtful assistance has helped raise this to Neutral (against my better judgment). Angela gets an A+ for her compassion and for handling the problem without immediately looking for any opportunity to avoid giving a refund, replacement or any expense on Park's part by putting blame on me, unlike the many others. Unfortunately, she's a single diamond in a sea of coal. I'm leaving this Neutral until I can see some improvement in product quality and customer service without having to find the Angela's within the company whenever there is an issue, which it seems there has been some issue with every order I've placed in the past 2 years, every instance! The other reviews here don't lie and give a clue that Park's needs to make significant improvements in every department if they want to avoid the 90%+ negative ratings they have been getting from about every customer that tried to do business with them. Hiring Angela was a good start! But, this company needs some major changes from top to bottom! MAJOR!!
Company representative comment on May 4, 2015:
On Aug 26, 2014 2:40 PM, Park Seed Company (aka Park\\\'s Gardens) responded with:

On May 4, 2015 8:30 AM, Park Seed Company (aka Park\'s Gardens) added:

I am sorry to hear you are dissatisfied with our service. I would like to help with your situation. Thank you for emailing me directly, I will be in touch as soon as I research and review the information you have sent to me.

Negative EeeZee
Lake Orion, MI
May 1, 2015
Simply awful in every respect. The so-called customer service said there's nothing they could do about it when I complained my order never arrived. There was no USPS tracking number generated, no nothing. If fact, the person at the company was somewhat abrasive besides being of no help whatsoever. Never again will I do business with them, nor should you.

BTW, the order did finally arrive after I raised a ruckus. It had not been shipped in the first place and what I got was their first attempt to ship, some two weeks after placing the order.

This company is just miserable.
Company representative comment on May 2, 2015:
On May 2, 2015 11:57 AM, Park Seed Company (aka Park\'s Gardens) responded with:

I would like to assist in bringing a solution to your issues. Please email me with your name, address, and order number so that I may help you with this situation. We at Park Seed would like to make your experience better. I would like to review your account so that I may bring a better resolution to your issue and review what happened with the shipment of your order.

Negative rcminor
Cape Coral, FL
April 26, 2015
This Spring I ordered plants from 3 businesses Burpees, Chileplants.com and Park Seed. Everyone delivered plants at the projected times except for Park.. I have called and emailed about this issue several times. I still have not been contacted about when I can expect delivery of the plants that I ordered. The plants were originally to be shipped on 4/3. This was the 1st time that I have ordered from Park and at this rate will be the last time. No one seems to be concerned about this problem. My order number was WEBPS1188604. I am an extremely dissatisfied customer.
Company representative comment on April 28, 2015:
On Apr 28, 2015 2:47 PM, Park Seed Company (aka Park\'s Gardens) responded with:

I would like to assist in bringing a solution to your issues. I will review your order and email you directly shortly. We are so sorry to that we have disappointed you in the delay of your order being shipped..

Negative s5778
Linden, NJ
April 20, 2015
Still waiting for seeds ordered two weeks ago. Says they shipped on 4/9, but now it's the 20th and still have not arrived. This company is a two bit operation that talks out of both sides of their mouth. When asked why the tracking number didn't work, they blamed it on the USPS first, then they said small packages weren't tracked. Why give me a tracking number if it doesn't work? Why do they charge almost $7 for shipping 5 packets of seeds from SC to NJ? And then, after almost 2 weeks, they are not even here yet. Never again will I order from this company and I will be sure to tell everyone I can to never deal with them.

Scott R Smith
Company representative comment on April 21, 2015:
On Apr 21, 2015 11:02 AM, Park Seed Company (aka Park\'s Gardens) responded with:

Negative alwayshome
Healy, AK
April 18, 2015
I recently ordered 4 seed packets from Parks seed and was charge 26.95 for shipping and handling!!!! This is the last straw for this long time gardener. NEVER again. I did contact this company and have been assured that they will get back to me. I am still waiting and am NOT holding my breath. Don't do business with these crooks.
Company representative comment on April 20, 2015:
On Apr 20, 2015 7:59 AM, Park Seed Company (aka Park\'s Gardens) responded with:

I would like to assist in bringing a solution to this issue. Please email me with your name, address, and order number so that I may help you with this situation.

Negative kbadams9
New Meadows, ID
April 17, 2015
Unfortunately I have to leave a negative review for Park Seed. If my review makes one fellow gardener think twice before ordering through this company it will be worthwhile. I will start by saying I gave the company a chance to make things right prior to posting my experience and there was never any effort made on their part.

Generally I order almost all of my seeds from Baker Creek, but received the Park Seed catalog and thought I would branch out. I ordered $50 of seeds from them in January and received them in a reasonable period of time. This review isn't going to go into the poor germination of those seeds, because what upsets me even more is the lack of appreciation for their customers. Due to an email promotion I received in March for "free shipping" I thought I would take another look and purchased another $20 of seeds. I placed this order on 3/12. I noticed the charge on my credit card on 4/11 and by that time I couldn't remember what I ordered. I called the company and they said the credit card is charged when the seeds ship. They provided me a tracking number to check on the package myself. I explained it was ridiculous the seeds shipped 1 month after ordering. The caller stated "they ship based on your zone and proper planting time". My entire order was for seed packets! Clearly it is now 4/17 and TOO LATE to plant flowers from seed. After the call I checked the tracking and was given a "no such tracking number exists". Contacted the company again. Was told packages under 1 pound cannot be tracked. I was also informed the seeds were on backorder and that is why it took so long to ship. I asked why I wasn't notified of the backorder and was told they currently do not have an automated system for backorder notifications. Really? Do I care? How about a little customer service and someone takes the time to send a quick email to notify their customers when an item is not going to ship because it is on backorder? If one item is on backorder, how about shipping the other seeds that are available and giving me a chance to cancel the others that would not arrive on time? I explained I would be refusing the package and expect a refund. I can only imagine how long it will take to get my $ back.

Bottom line, there are plenty of great seed companies out there who would appreciate my average spending of $300 on seeds each year. There is no reason to risk ordering from Park Seed. I actually came to this site before placing my order to research them and for some reason didn't listen to the warnings. I hope someone listens to mine.

Company representative comment on April 18, 2015:
On Apr 18, 2015 9:23 AM, Park Seed Company (aka Park\'s Gardens) responded with:

I am so sorry to hear you are dissatisfied with our services. Please accept our apology. I would like to help you with your situation. Customer Service is important and we always appreciate the opportunity to address any dissatisfaction with our products and services. We ship thousands of orders each year, and our goal is to offer only the best in both products and service. Unfortunately, because of this volume, there are instances when it is simply impossible to avoid a mistake or prevent an error from occurring. When that happens, we will make every effort to correct the problem. Our way of assuring that your gardening is successful, is our willingness to make the appropriate adjustment whenever a customer expresses dissatisfaction with any product purchased.

Would you please provide me with your name, address, order # , and I will gladly work with you toward some sort of resolution in this situation by issuing you a refund for the order.

Negative veggierunner
Middleton, WI
April 15, 2015
I ordered two seed packets from Park Seed which took 18 days to leave their warehouse. I emailed their customer service team during this time to ask why my order was taking so long to fill and never received a response. When I received my seeds, I felt that it wasn't a good value for the volume. With so many competent competitors in the marketplace, I will not be ordering from them again.
Company representative comment on April 16, 2015:
On Apr 16, 2015 8:36 AM, Park Seed Company (aka Park\'s Gardens) responded with:

I am sorry to hear you are dissatisfied with your product ordered. I would like to help with your situation. Would you please provide me with your name, address, order # , and I will gladly work with you toward some sort of resolution in this situation.

Negative oldkauaikid
Kapaa, HI
April 7, 2015
On 4/4/ (Saturday) I ordered two seed packets on line. After filling in the details, address, card # etc. the review page showed an estimated shipping cost of something like $5.00. When I submitted the order the shipping cost suddenly became $24.95!! This for an order weighing not more than one ounce!! I immeadiately tried to cancel the order by using the order number but was given a canned response that it might take up to two days for the order to be registered.
Tried again on 4/5 (Easter Sunday) with same inability to get a response.
Ditto on the morning (Hawaii time) of 4/6. Finally located a phone number on their web site on their shipping page (also difficult to find). This shipping site noted that to ship to Hawaii there would be a surcharge of $20.00--- this apparently was regardless of the nature or weight of the order.
Was able to speak with a Letricia (SP?) who tried to stop the order but found it was already on the truck. I stated I would not pay such an outrageous charge and would dispute the credit card charge. She suggested I refuse shipment when it arrived. I replied that I had other things to do instead of sitting by the mail box.
Later in the day I received and e-mail from Parks proudly announcing my order had been shipped.
How inept for them to use FEDEX to send 2 seed packets when a first class envelope would cost 50 cents.
Seems like they are heading for another bankruptcy and it is well deserved.
Company representative comment on April 16, 2015:
On Apr 7, 2015 2:01 PM, Park Seed Company (aka Park\\\'s Gardens) responded with:

I am sorry I was unable to contact you directly, I do not have any of your order information. I would like to assist in bringing a solution to your issues. Please email me with your name, address, and order number so that I may refund you for the $20 upcharge on your shipping. I look forward to receiving your email.

On Apr 16, 2015 8:37 AM, Park Seed Company (aka Park\'s Gardens) added:

We haven’t heard from you and would still like to assist you. Please email me with your name, address, and order number so that we may help you with this situation.

Positive LucasCatChow
Tulsa, OK
March 20, 2015
This is more a report about customer service then product quality. I ordered a Garden Sieve and received another product in error. I called Customer Service and she promptly took down the information, shipped me the correct item, telling me to just keep the wrong item rather then shipping it back to them. Now that's good honest customer service. It's what I would expect from a reputable company.
Negative raythemixer
March 18, 2015
When the plant I ordered (in addition to the bare root strawberries) arrived, the quality was.... wait, there was no quality, the plant was ll but dead! Yellow and rolled leaves, broken stem. It appears from the other reviews that quality is not something in which this companies believes. When I called them to express my discontent, I was greeted with an attitude befitting an adversary, not a customer. I was told I would be given a refund on the plant and a partial refund on the shipping with in 5-7 days. I will report back then are the veracity of their customer service representative.
Company representative comment on April 6, 2015:
On Mar 19, 2015 9:27 AM, Park Seed Company (aka Park\\\'s Gardens) responded with:

We are sorry to learn of the condition of your plant upon arrival. Please accept our apology. Customer Service is important and we always appreciate the opportunity to address any dissatisfaction with our products and/or services. We ship thousands of orders each year, and our goal is to offer only the best in both products and service. Unfortunately, because of this volume, there are instances when it is simply impossible to avoid a mistake or prevent an error from occurring. When that happens, we will make every effort to correct the problem. Our way of assuring that your gardening is successful, is our willingness to make the appropriate adjustment whenever a customer expresses dissatisfaction with any product purchased.

We have been operating for many years and are known in the industry for offering only the best products and service possible. Our continued success is due to the many satisfied customers who return year after year. They know that we will honor our promise to them of offering only the best. We hope to be able to include you among our many loyal customers by reconsidering your decision and continuing to look to us for your gardening needs.

If I can be of further assistance, please do not hesitate to email me.

On Apr 6, 2015 2:58 PM, Park Seed Company (aka Park\'s Gardens) added:

We haven’t heard from you and would still like to assist you. Please email me so that I may help you with this situation.

Positive Lhundrup
Denver, CO (Zone 5a)
March 5, 2015
I ordered a few seed packets from these guys, and received the seeds in a respectable time (holiday weekend). So far everything has sprouted nicely and are creating leaves, except for the hardy cactus blend. I've never had much luck with germinating cacti; and it has only been ~2 weeks so far, but I figured I might get lucky with at least one early-ish sprouting cactus. Everything else; however, is going about as expected with 60-90% germination rates.
Positive 8209
Louisville, KY (Zone 6b)
March 3, 2015
Posted on February 27, 2015, updated March 3, 2015
After I placed my order to this company, 1 little pack of seeds, I checked their website to see when it would ship and it was like 3 days later. In the meantime, I located the same seeds at a local store for a lot less plus there would be no shipping charges. I immediatly cancelled my order and they sent me back an email stating it had already shipped. it is not worth it to me to have to send my order back and pay for postage again for 1 little pack of seeds. i have been a longtime customer of this site many years, but never again. This company\'s customer service is really going downhill fast, but then again I suppose that\'s how they make their money!!!!!
On March 3rd, 2015, 8209 changed the rating from negative to positive and added the following:

I want to change my rating from negative to positive. I received an email from Angela of customer service and we worked out a positive solution. Thanks Angela for restoring my faith in your company. I have been a member for many years. Thanks again.
Company representative comment on March 3, 2015:
On Mar 3, 2015 10:53 AM, Park Seed Company (aka Park\'s Gardens) responded with:

We sorry to hear you are dissatisfied with our service. We would like to hear about your situation. Would you please provide us with your name, address, order # , and phone number and we will gladly work with you toward some sort of resolution in this situation.

Negative bduncan8
Campbell, CA
February 28, 2015
Posted on February 27, 2015, updated February 28, 2015
I can\'t comment on the quality of the seeds or plants yet, but the communication and shipping is terrible. I placed my first order over a month ago and when I still have not received the product or even an email about it\'s status I call to find out one of the items is on back order. This is funny because it showed as available when I ordered it and was still showing as available at this time. Since I did not want to waste more growing time I cancel the order and make a new order for varieties I was to confirm are available. So the expected ship date is 3 days later, not sure why it would take that long, but OK. Now we are 3 days past that expected ship and still nothing on it\'s way and no communication on the status. The expected ship date still says 3 days ago! Even at the dawn of the Internet I don\'t think I\'ve experienced such a poor shipping and communication process.
On February 28th, 2015, bduncan8 added the following:

These guys are really screwed up. I called customer service today to find out why my order has not shipped and they said an item is on back order and was supposed to arrive last week. This comes after I had confirmed with them that everything was in stock last week. To further show the incompetent practices, I was told the item may arrive to their factory today, and if it did, it would be two weeks before it is ready to ship. So I have just cancelled my second order and definitely won't be giving them a third chance.
Company representative comment on April 6, 2015:
On Mar 3, 2015 10:51 AM, Park Seed Company (aka Park\\\'s Gardens) responded with:

We have reviewed your posting on Dave\'s Garden Watchdog website. We want to resolve the problem but are unable to locate your order with the partial email address provided by the site. Please forward your order number or complete billing address (including zip code), and any other pertinent information to assist you. We want to help. We at Park Seed would like to make your experience better. I would like to review your account so that I may bring a better resolution to your issue.

On Apr 6, 2015 2:59 PM, Park Seed Company (aka Park\'s Gardens) added:

Positive jimbarg
Blairstown, NJ
February 13, 2015
Posted on March 21, 2013, updated February 13, 2015
Posted on February 23, 2011, updated March 21, 2013
I don\'t understand why there are so many negatives on Park Seed. I have been ordering from them for years (literally for the past thirty years!), and have never had a complaint about service, speed, or quality. Everything I\'ve ordered from them has germinated and grown beyond expectations, and never have I received a \'bum order\' with seeds that didn\'t germinate or perform as described. I recently placed my annual spring seed order with them, and the entire order was filled and shipped to me within a week. No substitutions, no backorders. While, in the past, there have been occasions where my order was separated into several shipments with backorders (I\'ll add that there was never an extra shipping charge), this was not the case this year. Overall, dealing with Park Seed has always been a pleasurable and reliable experience, their products have proven to be of quality, and I\'ll continue to shop with them in the future.
On March 20th, 2013, jimbarg added the following:

Again, here in 2013, and I have NO complaints about Park Seed. I placed a large order and it was shipped, complete, in a reasonable amount of time, Much of the \"early indoors\" starts are doing great. Excellent germination. I have no complaints with Park at all.
On February 13th, 2015, jimbarg added the following:

Once again, Park came through for me...I placed an order on Sunday night and received the ENTIRE order, with no backorders, on Thursday. Park is really getting its shipping house in order. Their prices are reasonable for most seed items, too (unlike a few other big names!). And, they offered free shipping on my $75 order and a 20% discount to boot! I will continue to use Park for all the seed varieties I need which they carry (and their selection is HUGE). I still don't see why there are so many negatives posted for Park...they have been nothing but good, reliable, and of highest quality for many many years with me.
Positive upstairsnun
Otego, NY
December 2, 2014
Since they cater to Southern growers and I garden in Zone 4, I usually order just specialty seeds from Park: fun things I can't find elsewhere. I have followed them for years, watching the Park family squabble over their inheritance, not caring that their business was the livelihood for hundreds, if not thousands of families. Where others have turned their companies over to the employees, giving them a stake in their workplace and thus a reason to care (think King Arthur Flour; Johnnies Selected Seeds), they preferred to run their company into the ground, not even updating an antiquated and less than "transparent" bookkeeping system.

Some employees have continued to care, in spite of this. A local lawyer named Donald Coggins put together a package in 2010 able to buy out in turn the bankruptcy package. We will have to wait and see the results, long term. I do see renewed pride in the catalog that arrived in yesterday's mail: not at all the same old thing. I'm happy to see that my rare Sempervivum tectorum seeds are still there: they truly have been a fancy mix, not just your grandmother's plain green plants.

I have always gotten prompt service with my orders and their seeds have always been of the freshest, often sprouting even better than advertised. My e-mails have been answered promptly and knowledgeably. I believe we will do well to support this company, giving them time to re-organize and do justice to the tradition of plant breeding that in the past was at least as good as Burpee, their foremost competitor.
Positive orangepassion
Springfield, MO (Zone 6b)
October 7, 2014
I placed an online order with Park Seed this spring (2014) - my first time ordering from this company and I was very pleased with their packaging, fast shipping and seed quality. Excellent germination on all seeds and prolific producers in the garden. Later, I received an email promotion "Free shipping on all seeds, 1 day only, no minimum order required," so I ordered several more packages of seeds I'd been wanting to grow. They arrived in 3 days and again, I got excellent germination from all of the seed except for one variety which was a cool weather vegetable I didn't expect to grow with summer coming on. I replanted those seeds in late August when the temperatures started cooling down and they're producing a nice harvest now in October.
Positive alejandra86
Austin, TX
October 6, 2014
My mother purchased some Jersey asparagus roots for me from Park Seeds and I have been very happy with them. They arrived fresh and are doing well in my garden to date. Looking forward to spring next year!
Positive johnforsman
Minneapolis, MN
August 30, 2014
I am surprised to read the number of negative comments. I purchase seeds from a lot of companies, and I have purchased from Parks for over 30 years without EVER having a problem. Same goes for Wayside. I also have positive experiences with Johnny's, Territorial, Burpee, Jung, Sheepers, Thompson and Morgan, and Totally Tomatoes.

Actually, I did have a problem with Park once. Their catalogue noted that a seed packet I was ordering was in short supply. They suggested calling before ordering (pre internet), and I didn't. The seeds were sold out, and a refund came in a separate envelope from the seeds.
Company representative comment on September 29, 2014:
On Sep 29, 2014 10:12 AM, Park Seed Company (aka Park\'s Gardens) responded with:

We appreciate you taking the time to let us know how pleased you are with your orders and services received. Thank you! Your opinion is valued and we, of course, welcome feedback. It's customers like you who act as a reminder of why we do what we do and the importance of supplying only top quality products as well as to offer the best service possible. Again, thank you for sharing your thoughts!

Negative beesberet
Maywood, CA
August 21, 2014
A big mistake to do business with these jokers. Seed quantity is pathetic and so is the germination rate across 7 different species.
Company representative comment on August 26, 2014:
On Aug 26, 2014 2:49 PM, Park Seed Company (aka Park\'s Gardens) responded with:

We have reviewed your posting on Dave's Garden Watchdog website. We want to resolve the problem but are unable to locate your order with the partial email address provided by the site. Please forward your order number or complete billing address (including zip code), and any other pertinent information to assist you. We want to help.

Negative varsha981
PLAYA DEL REY, CA
August 13, 2014
I would not say I am their big customer , just a little one, order 6 flower seeds and 1 spinach seeds packets. The delivery took 1 week and came well packaged but the seeds packets had instructions which was hard to read. Most of the seeds germinated well but did not transplant well. So I ended up loosing most of my time and effort :( . Lobelia is pretty easy to grow and was directly sown but never came up whereas last year's seeds from another company did very well under the same conditions. Same with Heuchera, did not germinate,the packet says 25 seeds but I don't think they were 25(the seeds were pelleted). I am disappointed. I wrote to them about the issue but did not get even courtesy reply. I would not go back again to them!
Company representative comment on August 26, 2014:
On Aug 26, 2014 2:48 PM, Park Seed Company (aka Park\'s Gardens) responded with:

Negative HavilandFarm
Athens, NY
July 4, 2014
This was my first time ordering from them. I received my order within a few days and was pleased with the promptness of service. I am certified as a master gardener and never have problems direct sowing seeds into our fertile soil. Entire packages of seed failed to yield a single germinated seedling. Marigolds? They are easier to grow than weeds, and yet mine did nothing. Osmin basil? The same problem. Zero germination. Packages of zinnias fared somewhat better, with 50-60% successful germination. Since we are Zone 5, the window for direct sowing seeds is tight. The failure to have seeds germinate has left us with many empty spots that had to be re-sowed with store-purchased seeds and our own stock of saved seeds. These were used to replant with 95% success. So it was the Park seeds, not the soil, elements or pathogens that were the culprit. Too bad, as they have an excellent selection. But I will never order from them again.
Company representative comment on August 26, 2014:
On Aug 26, 2014 2:46 PM, Park Seed Company (aka Park\'s Gardens) responded with:

Negative plantlover13
new york
United States
June 19, 2014
Posted on November 11, 2013, updated June 19, 2014
Posted on June 28, 2013, updated November 11, 2013
I'm not sure what to rate...

I mean, i had a good experience a year back, got good seeds and germination. but reading the comments,it seems that they have really been slipping. so, i'm gonna stick with neutral. i thought about ordering again, but now, not sure.
On November 11th, 2013, plantlover13 added the following:

I heard they filed for bankruptcy. sad.
On June 19th, 2014, plantlover13 changed the rating from neutral to negative and added the following:

Okay, this company has really gone down the drain now. Never again.
Company representative comment on August 26, 2014:
On Aug 26, 2014 2:45 PM, Park Seed Company (aka Park\'s Gardens) responded with:

Neutral pattygreengenes
Lansdale, PA
June 4, 2014
I ordered plant hoops and they arrived in a timely manner. I have used these for years and am happy with the hoops and their longevity.

However, I stopped ordering seeds from them decades ago. Very stingy with the number of seeds and poor germination. I would not even consider ordering live plants from them or any of the affiliated companies based on previous experience.
Company representative comment on August 26, 2014:
On Aug 26, 2014 2:44 PM, Park Seed Company (aka Park\'s Gardens) responded with:

Negative mo_ryan
Williamsburg, VA
June 4, 2014
Do NOT order from this company or from Wayside Gardens. If you want to waste your money just go out into the backyard and burn it - less time consuming and less stress. Ordered some lantanas from Park Seed. They came in - get this - a big loose envelope mailer with absolutely no packing material to protect the plants. I've been mail ordering plants a long while and have never received plants like this - bulbs perhaps but plants? Needless to say all but one croaked. Stupid me, I thought this was a fluke and instead of calling them up and pitching a fit - I came back for more. This time I ordered 8 plants. I really wanted this specific lantana and couldn't find it anywhere else. As is the norm - it took about 3 weeks for them to ship the plants out and when the box arrived - I popped it open to see that once again the plants had not been secured or protected in any way. They'd just been beating around in the box. Nothing was left but little stems. Now understand that this year alone I've ordered probably thousands of dollars in plants. Recently bought an old fixer upper and the yard is a gut job. So, starting from scratch with plantings. I've gotten scores of plants that were healthy and had been carefully packed. Of all of them - I had one plant that had been broken (type of plant with a very fragile stem) I called up the company and they apologized profusely and sent out a replacement plant that day. Stupid me I thought I'd get the same customer service from Park Seed. Not even. Could not have cared less. Told me that I had to take pics of the plants and email them with an explanation to their "horticulturists" at Plant Doctor (aka expect no reply) dot com. Days pass and I call again. Told that it might take days for these supposed horticulturists to review my pics. Call again and instead of asking for customer service I went straight to the horticulturist. This guy was actually helpful, marked my account for a refund and then directs me back to customer service. Again, could their customer service be any worse? This woman tries to give me a store credit (no way will I ever shop with them again) AND she tries to - get this - NOT refund me for the shipping and handling! Yep, she tells me, okay, you'll be getting a store credit for x amount. I ask why the difference of the amount vice what I paid? She says I won't be refunding for S&H. I flip a nut at this point. Explain that there is NO way I will pay for S&H for plants that were dead on arrival BECAUSE of their improper packing! We go back and forth and finally she snippily states that I'll be given refund for the full amount but that will take 5-10 days. We shall see. In the mean time I had an equally bad experince with Wayside which - go figure - are aligned with Park Seed. Paid a small fortune for 2 clematis that I could have bought from Brushwood for half the price. But these were supposedly 2 quart plants. The pots were 2 quart but the plants themselves were minuscule, wilted, and beaten up from shipping. I compared them to some clematis I got in from Brushwood that were 1 quart plants yet 3 times the size of the Wayside clematis, vigorous, and healthy. Again, had to do the same thing with Wayside - send pics to their "horticulturist" for review. I did get a response back saying that the plants in question were beautiful and healthy and had no issues. I will never ever spend a single dime with either of these companies, nor with any of the companies affiliated with them such as Jackson and Perkins. Shoddy service all around. Ridiculously undersized plants, horrible packing and shipping and the customer service is the worst I've ever seen. Their guarantee is a joke. The only bright light is that these weren't massive orders where I lost hundreds of dollars. The bottom line is - I can not say enough bad things about either one of these companies.
Company representative comment on August 26, 2014:
On Aug 26, 2014 2:42 PM, Park Seed Company (aka Park\'s Gardens) responded with:

Positive brandykins09
Knoxville, TN
April 27, 2014
I'm not surprised with all the negative reviews, if I had wrote a review back in January/February it would have been neutral. But just recently, I placed an order for 3 quart sized plants on April 14th, they shipped on April 19th and I received them on April 21st. They were still alive and thriving and I planted them and they seem to be doing well. They arrived in a box surrounded in styrofoam peanuts. And I only took a chance ordering here because I hadn't found those particular plants elsewhere.
Negative Gardeningdiva
Leesville, SC
April 22, 2014
We made a large order of vegetable and flower seeds from Park this spring. Sure, the packets are all foil-lined and look fancy, but I won't ever order again. Most packets had very poor germination, and the number of seeds per packet was incredibly skimpy. I ended up replanting with seeds I had leftover from another company. The old seeds did far better than the seeds from Park.
Company representative comment on August 26, 2014:
On Aug 26, 2014 2:38 PM, Park Seed Company (aka Park\'s Gardens) responded with:

Negative gardenweeder
Naples, ID
April 21, 2014
Wow, these guys suck. Bad shipping, bad arrival quality, horrible customer service. Never again from Park Seed for my money.

I ordered 75 strawberries from them. They shipped them regular UPS from the east coast to the west coast and the poor berries had black rot all over them by the time they spent 10 days in a ups trailer. Other places I have ordered have always sent the berries via 3 day mail so I was very surprised by the slow shipping.

I cleaned up the berries and it looked like most would make it but after potting them into one gallon pots, I noticed I had a lot of pots left over. So, I counted my berries...51....really 51 instead of the 75 that I paid for. Please make sure if you order from these guys you count your items carefully.

So I sent an email to them explaining the concern. They asked me send pictures of the berries for the hort guy to review. Hmmm....how do I send pictures of berries I didn't receive? Should I send a pic of a pile of dirt?

It's not worth my time to fight with them. Suffice it to say I will never from theses guys again. Bad shipping, bad arrival quality, poor service.
Company representative comment on August 26, 2014:
On Aug 26, 2014 2:36 PM, Park Seed Company (aka Park\'s Gardens) responded with:

Negative RedClay007
Richmond, VA (Zone 7a)
March 31, 2014
The seed that I've ordered from Park's has been true to type with good germination rates. My main issue with them is that to ship 5 packets of seed ($12) from S.C. to V.A, they charged $7!! However, like J.C. Penny's, they offer sales constantly, so just wait for a free shipping offer (which they've had one this season already) to order, or be prepared to pay outrageous shipping charges.
Company representative comment on August 26, 2014:
On Aug 26, 2014 2:35 PM, Park Seed Company (aka Park\'s Gardens) responded with:

We sorry to hear you are dissatisfied with our shipping charges. We would like to hear about your situation. Would you please provide us with your name, address, order # , and phone number and we will gladly work with you toward some sort of resolution in this situation.

Negative sunnybritefarm
Naalehu, HI
March 30, 2014
Attempted seed order today of 12 packets = $27.36. Park applied shipping cost of $28.95. Outrageous! Is this how they make their profit? Good thing I checked the shipping charges before I hit the order button. Any company who thinks its ok to charge shipping fees like that will not get my business. Be careful that it doesn't happen to you.
Company representative comment on August 26, 2014:
On Aug 26, 2014 2:34 PM, Park Seed Company (aka Park\'s Gardens) responded with:

Neutral Doughster4
Bowleys Quarters, MD
March 3, 2014
Have ordered from them for YEARS. Unfortunately, they are not the same top notch company they used to be. Bankruptcy and new owners has resulted in quite a few changes in not only the catalogue, but also prices and service.
Company representative comment on August 26, 2014:
On Aug 26, 2014 2:32 PM, Park Seed Company (aka Park\'s Gardens) responded with:

Negative mjbivens
Houston, TX
February 19, 2014
PARK ADVERTISES SEED THAT THEY DO NOT HAVE!!
Placed a seed order with them on January 8th. Today is February 19th, and i STILL have not received all my seed.
I was calling once a week, and was told that the balance of my order would ship within a week every time.
Now they're telling me that the seed is "backordered" and they don't know when it might be available. They will not substitute a comparable variety.
Just looked back on their website - they are still offering these seeds for sale without mentioning that they don't have any.
Company representative comment on August 26, 2014:
On Aug 26, 2014 2:31 PM, Park Seed Company (aka Park\'s Gardens) responded with:

Positive MaryArneson
Minneapolis, MN (Zone 4b)
February 12, 2014
I've ordered from Park three or four times in late 2013 to 2014 and have gotten my products promptly, well-packed, and with no problems. This has included seeds and the Bio-Domes and their sponges. I haven't ordered any live plants (and probably won't, after reading the other comments). The seeds that I've started in the Bio-Domes have germinated very promptly. Based on other commenters' experiences, I'm a bit worried about how well they will transplant and whether the sponges will break down in the soil, but the initial results have looked good. Some fairly robust seedlings (Tithonia, Abutilon, and Asclepias) seem to be able to send roots down through the sponges and flourish.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Cookie Policy | Contact Us ]