The scoop on 'Park Seed Company (aka Park's Gardens)'

Park Seed Company (aka Park's Gardens)

1 Parkton Ave
Greenwood, South Carolina 29649 (United States)

Phone: 800-213-0076

Catalog Order Page: Hyperlink
Paper Catalog Cost: Free

Visit Park Seed Company (aka Park's Gardens) at:

This company is affiliated with 6 companies:This company offers a variety of plants and seeds.

Company Comment, posted on January 26, 2006:
Our company is the American gardener's premier source for top quality, untreated seeds. Our selection is unmatched (approximately 1,100 varieties available), and our products provide excellent value for the money. We've been delivering great gardening experiences since 1868—Always Dependable!

In our quest to sell only the best, we works with the top growers and developers around the world to bring new seed and plant opportunities to our customers. And our exclusive ParksPak(R) packaging and quality control processes ensure that seeds are kept at optimum low light/low humidity conditions until you are ready to plant them. Finally, to make sure that every gardener experiences success with seed, we enclose a free Gardener's Handbook with every order.

If you'd like to learn more about our company and its history, please visit (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Park_Seed_Company). And for a delightful vacation experience, we invite you to come to our national headquarters, garden center, and trial gardens at 1 Parkton Avenue, Greenwood, South Carolina (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Park_Seed_Trial_Gardens).

Of course, the best way for you to get to know us is to place an order with us and let us serve you personally. We welcome your input and questions, either via our online comment form (http://www.parkpr.com/feedback) or by calls to our customer service representatives and horticulturists (800-845-3369).

We Guarantee all products to be high quality, true to type, shipped properly, and to perform as advertised. If this is not the case, notify us as soon as possible, and we will gladly resolve the issue, offer gardening advice, or provide a merchandise credit. Please understand that we cannot accept responsibility for the results of extreme weather, neglect, unforeseeable acts of nature, or ignoring our hardiness zone recommendations

Comments:

Displaying the 50 most recent comments:

Positive faerygardener
Murphys, CA (Zone 7a)
June 30, 2017
Posted on February 12, 2008, updated June 30, 2017
I order from Park seed every year and have been pleased with their service. One year I emailed as a coleus packet didn\'t germinate and they sent a replacement right away. This past weekend I had a question on a partial order and was surprised when my email was answered immediately over the weekend (had expected to wait until Monday at least). My experiences with the company have always been positive.
On June 30th, 2017, faerygardener added the following:

Popping in to say it's June and I have plants from every packet of seed I'd ordered from Parks this past winter - germination was good. I even went ahead and ordered some additional packets of seed for my fall planting/2018 season. Happy camper here.
Positive davepustek
Whiting, IN
June 16, 2017
Posted on May 26, 2017, updated June 16, 2017
Here is my experience with J&P

Ms Davenport,

You should not apologize for the inconvenience but for the $71 lost in the purchase of dead rose plants. I would like to mail the dead plants to you since they are of no use to me. Please provide your address.

You know, I was just looking for any kind of concession but nothing is coming. I will continue to post my experience with J&P in as many sites that I can find. People will know that when one purchases a J&P plant there is 60% likelihood the plant will die within a year. The number will be an eye opener for anyone who reads my review. The dead plants were faulty, I reported it within 90 days refund period, and J&P does not back their guarantee.

From: Angela Davenport
To: David
Sent: Fri, May 26, 2017 8:30 am
Subject: RE: three rose not doing well [3679191:4339324]

Dear David,

Thank you for the order information. As you know the warranty is expired on your order as of August 2016.

I see your order was noted on 6/15/16 that you had emailed advising that your Pope John Paul rose was not growing and the representative advised you to do the scratch test and the Epsom salt treatment. After that it appears you did not contact us back to advise if the rose was responding and growing. If the customers do not let us know before the warranty expires, we are unable to make any adjustments.

There are many factors beyond the initial guarantee period that can cause an otherwise vigorous and healthy plant to

fail, most of which are beyond our control. They include severe winter weather, drought, disease, insect damage, marauding animals, etc. While proper care and winter protection will go a long way toward ensuring your plants will have a long and healthy life, even this cannot unconditionally guarantee that environmental conditions will not impact the survival of your plants. Because of this, we are unable to extend our guarantee beyond the initial growing season. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Retail Communications Supervisor
J&P Park Acquisitions, Inc.
Park Seed, Wayside Gardens, Jackson & Perkins

The JPPA Family of Brands:

Sent: Thursday, May 25, 2017 6:13 PM
To: Angela Davenport
Subject: Re: three rose not doing well [3679191:4339324]

Hi Angela, Thank you for your help. Below is the original order and its 2 Pope John Paul II Hybrid Tea Rose (I really like this one) and1 Sugar Plum Hybrid Tea Rose.

Capture.JPG

From: Angela Davenport
To: David
Sent: Thu, May 25, 2017 1:34 pm
Subject: RE: three rose not doing well [3679191:4339324]

Dear David,

Thank you for reaching out to me for assistance. Can you advise me what the name of the 3 roses were that died and I will speak with our Manager to see what resolution I can get for you. We will definitely do something to help you. Please accept our apology for any inconvenience caused.

From: David]
Sent: Thursday, May 25, 2017 2:17 PM
To: Angela Davenport
Subject: Fwd: three rose not doing well [3679191:4339324]

Hello adavenport,

one last try to change your reputation. Below is my experience with the organization.

Sent: Mon, May 22, 2017 5:47 pm
Subject: Re: three rose not doing well [3679191:4339324]

Very disappointed in the way you do business. I called and tried to understand why 3 out of the 5 rose plants I purchased died and j&p does not back up their product. Wasn\'t looking for a credit but a replacement. Anyway, I will be posting the following review in as many sites that I can find. Hope fully I can warn others of your business practice. When I first contacted you within the 90 day period about the weak plants you should have replaced them

In May of 2016, I purchased 5 rose plants. By toward the end of June, 2 of the plants were barely sprouting and one plant had no sprouts. I contacted J&P and they gave advice to use Epstein stalk on it. That did help the 2 plants plus the one that would not sprout. I did get roses from all 5 plants. We had a very mild, extremely mild winter and 3 of the plants did not survive even though I covered them with weather protection. The 2 remaining alive plants are doing great and I can see roses developing.

I sent J&P 2 emails letting them know what had happened and if they could do something about it. There was no response so I called and the rep told me there is no guarantee of the plant after 90 days. I explained the issues I had with the 3 plants within the 90 period but the rep said they survived within the ninety day period.

J&P does not back up their plants as they advertise or would not consider any accommodation to myself. So the simple math is 3 plants died out of 5 so J&P plant survival rate is 40%. Definitely not a good deal. By the way, the rep only gave me one line that she kept repeating, \"J&P guarantees the plant for 90 days\". What a rip off. Lesson learned.

Sent: Fri, May 19, 2017 3:05 pm
Subject: Re: three rose not doing well [3679191:4339324]

Hi, Its going on about a week and I have not received a reply. Don\'t you stand by your plants or at least at a minimum tell me what I did wrong. Would not like it if the other plants did not survive the next winter.

Sent: Sat, May 13, 2017 6:06 pm
Subject: three rose not doing well [3679191:4339324]

Hi,

Out of 5 Roses I purchased, only 2 survived the winter. It was a very mild winter and I did cover the plants for protection. I do want to replace them plus purchase 3 more, but my experience is not good.
Can you do something?
David

On June 16th, 2017, davepustek changed the rating from negative to positive and added the following:

Ms Davenport, thank you for making the arrangements for providing me a credit to replace the 3 rose plants that died. Unfortunately the price of the rose plants changed and I was only able to purchase 2 plants plus pay an add'l $20 for the order. When the order arrived, to my surprise, a 3rd rose plant was included as a complimentary offer. The plant was small but I will wager the little rose plant will surpass all the others. Once again thanks.

Company representative comment on May 26, 2017:
On May 26, 2017 2:32 PM, Park Seed Company (aka Park\'s Gardens) responded with:

Dear David,

We understand people seeking an outlet to voice their opinions and we do try our best to resolve all the complaints and concerns brought to our attention from all online garden forms. As a onetime customer courtesy I will issue you a Merchandise credit for the 3 roses mentioned. We do not like to disappoint our customers and we hope this will help restore your faith in Jackson and Perkins. Going forward, please know that all products have a 90 day Guarantee and we need to be notified during the Guarantee time frame. You did contact us last year in June, nut once the representative advised you to do the Epsom Salt treatment we did not hear back from you until after the guarantee had expired. Please accept our apology for any inconvenience caused.

Retail Communications Supervisor
J&P Park Acquisitions, Inc.
Park Seed, Wayside Gardens, Jackson & Perkins

Negative Bossman06
Beaver Falls, PA
June 16, 2017
While I am normally pleased with their products, this time I am not happy. I ordered 4 Bloom-A-Thon Azaleas. When I ordered them, I was advised they would be shipped to me in Sept 2016. The order was not delivered to me until Monday, 10/17/2016 at 11:41am. On Dec 4, 2016 I notified them that one of the bushes completely died to the ground and got no response. In April of 2017 I contacted ParkSeed and advised them several of the bushes were not growing. At that time they told me to give it about 6 weeks. On May 19th I contacted them again. Luckily two of the 4 bushes were alive. I received a response form them stating that this is their busy season and they would get back to me as soon as they can.

Now its June 2017 and I am being told its too late to do anything. Yes I did call, and waited and waited. Like most people, I do not have time to waste being on hold on the phone. I am better off shopping local for now on.
Company representative comment on June 16, 2017:
On Jun 16, 2017 2:59 PM, Park Seed Company (aka Park\'s Gardens) responded with:

Please accept our apology, I would like to look into a resolution for you. Can you email me at the address below including the order number and the details you have posted here please.

Neutral dysco83
Fernley, NV
June 14, 2017
I've been ordering from parks for a few years now, but only seeds. This year i decided to try plants. I ordered tomato plants on 2 occasions and they arrived in very poor condition both times. I emailed them the first time and never got a response. I gave them another shot hoping it was just a fluke. The next set of tomato plants also arrived in bad shape, but this time i was able to nurse a few back to life. I ordered 2 white peach trees and a 6 pack of pepper plants on my last order. The peppers arrived in good shape and continue to do well. The peaches arrived very beat up with nothing on the roots to keep them moist. Most of the buds were heavily damaged. I planted the peach trees anyway to see if they could bounce back. After all of this I will keep ordering seeds from parks but I think I'm done with their plants and trees.
Company representative comment on June 14, 2017:
On Jun 14, 2017 2:10 PM, Park Seed Company (aka Park\'s Gardens) responded with:

I am so sorry to learn that your plants did not arrive in good condition. I hope you have reached out to ur customer service department for an adjustment to your account. If not please contact me directly at the address below and reference this post please. I'll be more than happy to look into a resolution for you.

Neutral C4nier
Reston, VA
May 18, 2017
The good: On April 21 I ordered 3 Rozanne Geraniums and 3 packets of seeds. The geraniums came quickly and though they were packaged pretty well with shredded paper, they just are not tough plants and were a bit broken up. They have survived though and 2 out of 3 are doing really well. The third will make it, but only has one leaf. The price was very good for this patented hybrid and I kind of wish I had ordered more.

The bad: I have been waiting, waiting, and waiting for the 3 packets of seeds to ship that were ordered at the same time. I FINALLY got a notice that they are shipping 2 days ago (May 16), though the tracking link isn't working, so I don't know if they have actually shipped. This is really annoying. The seeds are going to arrive after our last frost date, and maybe that was their intention? If so, I wish they would give an option to ship immediately because I was planning to start them in a greenhouse with other plants and put them out as seedlings after the last frost date. Now I've lost a whole month of growth and that's a real bummer, not to mention that it has been an incredibly warm spring and we haven't had a frost in 6 weeks.

I'm not really sure that I will order from them again, though it seems they can have some deals that can be worth the gamble.
Company representative comment on May 19, 2017:
On May 19, 2017 8:53 AM, Park Seed Company (aka Park\'s Gardens) responded with:

I would like to assist in bringing a solution to your issues with your seed shipment. Please email me with your name, address, and order numbers so that I may help you with this situation. We at Park Seed would like to make your experience better. I would like to review your account so that I may bring a better resolution to your issue.

Negative RachelInPA
Saxonburg, PA
May 16, 2017
Having ordered from this company one time before with no issues, I was really disheartened about my recent experience. I placed an order on 5/9 for a 6 pack of geraniums and some strawberry plants. The strawberry plants said they were shipped today but I am still waiting for the geraniums to ship. The anticipated ship date was listed as 5/12. I contacted customer service to cancel the order and was told that I cannot because a shipping label had already been created for the geraniums. I was told that the absolute latest the order would ship would be 5/31, with an arrival date of 6/2. I am very frustrated about the lack of communication about shipping and updates about possibly shipping delays. I asked if there was any way they could refund a portion of the order or shipping and was told they could not. After this experience, I do not think I will be ordering from this company again.
Company representative comment on May 17, 2017:
On May 17, 2017 9:08 AM, Park Seed Company (aka Park\'s Gardens) responded with:

Please accept our apology, unfortunately with the 6 pack Annual plants our grower has a 3 week window to get all orders shipped. Once we send the order information over to them, we do not know which week your order will actually shipped. We can say that the grower only ships on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays via UPS 2day express. With the being the last shipping weeks for the annuals, the last delivery possible would be 6/2/17. I am so very sorry that we are unable to give you the exact information you are requesting about your order.

Negative ricardoP
Pawleys Island, SC
April 28, 2017
Posted on April 26, 2017, updated April 28, 2017
Posted on April 25, 2017, updated April 26, 2017
I just had an extremely negative experience with Park Seed, and I’d like to make others aware of this, as well as other reviewers’ experiences with them. I found consumer ratings for Park Seed on four websites, with the results summarized below. My rating is NEGATIVE, or 1 star. I’ve come across bad companies before, but Park Seed is the worst of the worst! I won’t deal with them again. “Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me.” The details of my situation are described below.

http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Park_Seed_Company Rating 1.0 / 10 (25 reviews)
http://davesgarden.com/products/gwd/c/3/#b Rating 425 positives, 107 neutrals, 421 negatives
[[email protected]] Rating 1.5 / 5.0 stars (31 reviews)
[[email protected]] Rating 1 / 5 stars (13 reviews)

I bought seed packets of 10 different vegetables. Thankfully, 8 did well. But one packet of peppers took 3 weeks to germinate, never grew more than 1” tall, and never developed true leaves, after 7 weeks! And with one packet of 10 watermelon seeds, only 2 of the 6 seeds I planted germinated (33%, which would increase to only 60% if the 4 unplanted seeds were viable).

I called Park Seed and spoke to Robin. She told me that Park Seed wouldn’t do ANYTHING about the watermelon seeds “because they only guarantee 80% germination.” I responded that the germination was at best only 60%, but she had nothing further to say. She said nothing about the dwarfed and useless pepper plants. I asked to speak to a supervisor. Robin took my phone number and told me that one would call me back, but she wouldn’t say when. I doubt anyone will ever call back.

The Park Seed guarantee, on their website, says nothing about 80% germination; it simply states “We guarantee all Park Seed products to be high quality, true to type, shipped properly, and to perform as advertised. If your plant has received our recommended care and doesn\\\'t perform to your satisfaction, notify us and we will replace it free of charge or provide the cost of the product as credit toward a future purchase.” Evidently not! To avoid disappointment, DO NOT BUY FROM PARK SEED!

On April 26th, 2017, ricardoP added the following:

Angela’s response, at first glance, may seem reasonable. It is not. I had told Robin I wanted to speak to a supervisor; she asked for my phone number and told me that a supervisor would call back (none has). Note that Angela, in ALL her responses, puts the burden on the wronged customers: “email me with your name, etc.” Robin HAD all of that information. I won’t waste more of my time now or ever with this company. Today I bought watermelon seeds at Home Depot (choice of Burpee or Ferry-Morse, “packed for ’17, sell by 12/17”, 33 rather than 10 seeds, for one-quarter of the cost). I lost 24 days of the growing season. The two Park watermelon seeds that germinated, like the pepper seeds, are stunted and I don’t expect them to mature. Good riddance, Park Seed!
On April 28th, 2017, ricardoP added the following:

The bottom line is that no one at Park Seed ever called me back. You HAD all my information. If Park Seed had a good reputation, I would have presumed this was an isolated case where the information got lost. I don’t believe that. Furthermore, you offer only to replace the product or give credit on a future order. Why would I want more bad seeds? Why would I want to reorder from a company I don’t trust?
Company representative comment on April 28, 2017:
On Apr 26, 2017 9:11 AM, Park Seed Company (aka Park\\\\\\\'s Gardens) responded with:

I would like to assist in bringing a solution to your issues. Please email me with your name, address, and order numbers so that I may help you with this situation. We at Park Seed would like to make your experience better. I would like to review your account so that I may bring a better resolution to your issue.

On Apr 27, 2017 10:00 AM, Park Seed Company (aka Park\\\'s Gardens) added:

I apologize that no one has returned your call, however I requested you contact me by email because I do not have any of your information from this post. I am so sorry that you are disappointed and that we have let you down and inconvenienced you in your gardening timeframe this season.

On Apr 28, 2017 10:27 AM, Park Seed Company (aka Park\'s Gardens) added:

I apologize that no one called you, however we can not locate a call back form with your information. I have requested you email me directly and I would be happy to get a resolution for you. Please email me your order number and I will make certain this is taken care of for you.

[email protected]rkseed.com

Positive friedaflute
Bellevue, WA
April 18, 2017
My overall interaction with Park Seed is positive. A general note is: plants shipped directly from them are in better shape. I live in Zone 8, Greater Seattle area.

I have ordered plants and seeds from Park Seed for a few years now. When I order plants that are shipped directly from their warehouse, they are always in fantastic shape and shipped in a timely manner: strawberries, raspberries, hydrangeas, pomegranate, lily bulbs, and seeds. I usually order everything in spring, mid March to early April. Items are usually shipped on the Monday/Tuesday after order and arrive a week after shipping.

When ordering plants shipped from their outside distributor (not Park Seed or Jackson & Perkins), the quality of the items are less consistent. Last year, when they used a distributor in Michigan, the rosemary was ~1 inch tall and dying. Additionally, the plants were not packaged well for shipment. This year, they used a distributor in Ohio and they are MUCH BETTER. The tomatoes plants are healthy and large. The packaging for the shipment was superb. The tomatoes were shipped overnight!

I am glad they fixed their distributor problem. Overall, my experience is positive. My plants growing fantastically in my garden (except for the rosemary).

Negative BrennaC
Baltimore, MD
April 6, 2017
On 3/20 I placed an order for 7 packets of seeds. All items were designated "available to ship". As of 4/6, the order status page still listed the anticipated ship date as 3/22. There was no communication at any time about any delay or backorder.

I contacted the company via live chat a week after ordering to get an update, and was told my order was scheduled to ship at the end of the week. It did not. An inquiry via web form on 3/30 received no reply. When I contacted them again via chat on 4/6, I was told one item had been backordered and was undergoing germination tests, and would ship by the middle of the following week. (This item is still listed as available to ship.) I canceled my order at this point. I would not have ordered at all if it had been clear it would not ship promptly.

The customer service representatives were very polite, but the delay, coupled with the lack of communication about item availability means I won't be ordering again.
Company representative comment on April 6, 2017:
On Apr 6, 2017 11:00 AM, Park Seed Company (aka Park\'s Gardens) responded with:

Negative AZOrganicGarden
Phoenix, AZ
April 4, 2017
I placed an order on 3/11/17 for a six-pack of lantana plants, and received an email confirmation with an estimated ship date of 03/31/2017. Well, the end of March rolled by and nothing - no plants, no email with a shipping update or confirmation, but boy oh boy, every day there's a marketing email from them in my inbox encouraging me to buy more.

Yesterday I decided to call and follow up on when I might expect these plants to be shipped. After getting a recording about "all of our associates being busy but please hold" and then being on hold for 10 minutes, I gave up, called back and tried the "automated order update" option - which gave me a message saying that the "system was down so you're being transferred to customer service - please hold".

Yep, another 10 minutes and nobody picking up, so out of desperation I called back and tried the "to place an order, press 1" option - surely SOMEBODY would pick up that line, right? Nope! "Please hold..."

So I sent an email stating my inability to get them to answer their phones, and letting them know that I would be cancelling my order if I didn't have a response back by close of business today with a firm ship date. Naturally, I didn't hear a thing from them - not a phone call or email - so I have now sent them another email cancelling the order. I am really wondering if they are actually still in business...
Company representative comment on April 5, 2017:
On Apr 5, 2017 9:09 AM, Park Seed Company (aka Park\'s Gardens) responded with:

Please accept our apology, I will be more than happy to assist you, please email me directly with your order number and reference this and let me look into this for you please. During our peak season we do have longer than normal hold times and email responses may take a couple of days simply because of the shear volume of calls and emails we receive.

Negative Lucille44
Alvin, TX
March 26, 2017
Posted on May 9, 2011, updated March 26, 2017
Posted on March 12, 2011, updated May 9, 2011
I just got an order of seeds. I\'m not happy. First of all, the seeds were fairly expensive, a couple of them were something like $4/packet. I bought 10 packets and a lot of them only had 15 seeds in them.
What really gave me a bad feeling about the whole deal though is that one of the packets had a sticker saying \'packed for 2011\' on it, and I removed the sticker and underneath \'packed for 2010\' was printed on the packet. To me, that seems like fraud. I don\'t care if seeds DO last from year to year, if you\'ve marked them packed for one year, don\'t change it next year and expect that your customer won\'t notice. It isn\'t true that it was packed for 2011.
Next year, I\'ll pay less somewhere else, and do my research first to make sure I\'m not paying premium prices for year old seed.

On May 9th, 2011, Lucille44 added the following:

I\'m updatin g my comment. Too bad I can\'t issue a \'super-negative\' rating. After paying premium prices for seed, three packets failed to germinate completely. Please note that I am an experienced seed starter. I gave the seeds a good long time and had to go and buy plants by the time I finally realized that the packets were DOA.

Actually the DOA count was 4, the packet of flower seeds that was a freebie also failed to germinate.
On March 26th, 2017, Lucille44 added the following:

I ordered some seed last fall, several packets,WEBPS2205804, 0% germinated.
I just now ordered one more packet of different seed that was difficult to find elsewhere. If they do not germinate I will never buy from Park Seed again. Enough is is enough.
Company representative comment on March 27, 2017:
On Mar 27, 2017 12:05 PM, Park Seed Company (aka Park\'s Gardens) responded with:

I am so sorry to learn that your seeds from your Fall order failed to germinate. All of our seeds are tested and must meet a 80% germination rate before we will sell them. Our Guarantee on seeds is 6 months from the date of receipt. Please call our customer service department and report the seed failure and we will issue a credit for you.

Negative FloraDela
Jacksonville, FL
March 24, 2017
I ordered two bundles of strawberry bare roots from Park Seed. Of the 25 Tribute strawberry roots, I have 25 living plants. Yay. Of the 25 Pineberry strawberry roots, I have 3 (maybe 4) so-so plants. I received both bundles at the same time, planted at the same time and with the same medium. I tried to give the Pineberry time to show signs of life but as the dead roots started to mold, I had to separate them from the healthy plants.
And to top it all off, my negative review on Parkseed.com was removed.
At first, just my opinion of this one product was negative, now my opinion of the entire company is negative.
Negative twinkles43
Tampa, FL
March 18, 2017
I purchased some heavy duty 1020 perma nest seed trays on parkseed.com and they arrived damaged. My error was that I did not inspect the package within 48 hours. My initial thought was, I have ordered these trays through Fedco seeds in the past and Ive never had an issue. On seed planting day, I removed the trays from the box and noticed they arrived damaged, but still usable. The box it arrived in was large and filled with bubble popcorn. The trays had enough room for movement during shipment. I called customer service, and i alerted the customer service clerk that my order exceeded the 48 hours. She had me go through a long process where I was on the phone for over 15 minutes . She then tells me that there is nothing they could do. She stated "The trays were still usable so there is no need to refund you the money and you exceeded the 48 hour time limit." I understand not reimbursing the full amount for the trays or replacement but I shouldn't have to pay full price for something that arrived damaged regardless If the 48 hour mark has been exceeded. There motto should be " If we send you items that are damaged its okay because you can still use it."
Company representative comment on March 20, 2017:
On Mar 20, 2017 9:13 AM, Park Seed Company (aka Park\'s Gardens) responded with:

Negative jey08
East Lansing, MI
March 2, 2017
I ordered an 8 cell seed starting dome on January 11, 2017. The status page said the expected ship date was January 14, 2017. I contacted them in late February and they could not explain why it hadn't shipped. After several contacts they said they came in and would ship within a week. They didn't. I contacted them again on March 2, 2017 because the status page still said the expected ship date is January 14, it showed zero items shipped, but they had a shipping number with no tracking. Again they couldn't explain it, but said they were backordered. I asked them to cancel the order and they said they would try, but probably wouldn't be able to since it showed a shipment number, even though it hasn't shipped yet. They are required to cancel the order since it's over 30 days if I understand the law correctly. They never gave me an update on the order until I contacted them late February.
Company representative comment on March 2, 2017:
On Mar 2, 2017 1:25 PM, Park Seed Company (aka Park\'s Gardens) responded with:

Negative Kayla1685
Kodiak, AK
March 1, 2017
I place an seed order recently since the company had a great selection and prices so for my first year ordering seeds I decided to try them. When I placed my order I used their free shipping promo code. When my order totaled it said shipping would be a few buck, which I figured had to do with the fact that I am in Alaska so I was fine with it. After I submitted the order the confirmation page said I had just been charged $23 for shipping. We are talking for packs of seeds that could easily fit in a $6 flate rate box. So I called the company the next morning to cancel the order. They told be I would have to refuse the package at delivery since it had already shipped. After 2 weeks and no package I decided to look up the order status and find a tracking number for my package. Looking at the tracking history I realized the shipping label wasn't even created until 4 days after I had made the call to cancel. My order had not already shipped when I call to cancel. Now I see it is in Federal Way which often is the last stop before it ends up on the barge up to Alaska which may take an additional week or more. So pretty much I was lied to and paid ridiculous shipping amount for the slowest shipping option. Won't be ordering from them in the future.
Company representative comment on March 2, 2017:
On Mar 2, 2017 1:22 PM, Park Seed Company (aka Park\'s Gardens) responded with:

We are so sorry you were disappointed in our service and for any inconvenience it has caused. But I do want to let you know that we are would never intentionally mislead our customers about the departure of an order. And I would like to review your order to see what happened please. Also unfortunately the website can not tell the difference in seeds and other products. We charge a 20.00 upcharge on anything shipping to Alaska, except on seeds. We can refund the $20.00 fee back to your account, please email me directly with your order number and I will be more than happy to take care of this for you.

Negative azhighdesert6
Willcox, AZ (Zone 8a)
February 18, 2017
I ordered seeds and some seed starting domes from Park. The seeds came right away, no domes. Please note, it did not state at the time of ordering that the domes were out of stock. I never received a message telling me they were out of stock and when they would be shipping. I emailed them 3 times, as per their " email us with any questions". No response. I tried calling several times, never able to contact a human. The longest I spent on hold (and then hung up because no one had yet answered) was 9 minutes 28 seconds. I tried calling at different times of day to no avail. My domes showed up 4 weeks after the original order and then THAT day (Feb 14, 2017) I receive an email stating "Your order shipped 2/8/2017". That is all totally unacceptable customer service. I will NEVER order from this company again. I will update this review when I see how the seeds work out.
Company representative comment on February 20, 2017:
On Feb 20, 2017 10:13 AM, Park Seed Company (aka Park\'s Gardens) responded with:

I am sorry to hear you are dissatisfied with our service. Please accept our apology. Customer Service is important and we always appreciate the opportunity to address any dissatisfaction with our products and services. Unfortunately at times items can become back ordered and unfortunately we do not have a automated program that will notify our customers of the back order. I am so sorry, unfortunately during the peak season our emails can fall behind due to the volume received daily and due to the call volume in our call center our hold times can be long. We do our very best to respond as soon as possible. Again we are so sorry for the inconvenience caused, please accept our apology.

Positive Rustyfork
Glenmont, NY
January 17, 2017
I'm a bit flummoxed by all the negative reviews I've been reading about this company. So much so, that while I hate signing up for anything, I had to sign up here to post a review.

I've been ordering vegetable and flower seeds from Park Seed for the last 5 years, placing orders several times within each year. I've found that while they carry many of the common varieties, they also carry some that I have found harder to get elsewhere - case in point, Cobra French Beans and Caraflex Cabbage (before this became popular).

In all instances, the orders have been filled promptly and have arrived in excellent condition. I like the foil-lined seed packets, which seem to keep the seed fresher. Germination rates have been very good, typically greater than 90%, on everything I've ordered.

If I had anything negative to say, it would be that they, like all companies, inundate me with emails. Rather than understand that I would appreciate a email a month, emails typically show up at least daily - I wish companies would realize that this shows some disrespect for their customers and their customers' time.
Negative lina1
El Cerrito, CA
October 31, 2016
In October of last year I placed an order with Park Seed and most of the seeds that I received had a sticker that said "packed for 2015."

Just a few months later I got a 0-10% germination rate from almost all seeds in my order, several varieties. It's clear to me that they sold me old seeds that were past their prime. To sell 2015 seeds in October 2015 is very deceptive, especially because they are not labelled as such on the site. Even at garden stores they give seeds away that late in the year, but instead Park Seeds sold them to me representing that they were good, when in fact more than half of my order did not germinate after a few months because the seeds were old.

I assumed this was a mistake and was prepared to order from Park Seed again. I wrote to them a few days ago to see if I placed an order now if the seeds would be 'packed for 2016' or 'packed for 2017.' They told me I didn't have to worry about it because the seeds no longer have dates on them. This indicates to me that Park Seed are well aware of this issue but are trying to hide the fact from consumers that they sell seeds that are near the end of their shelf life.

It appears that it's common practice for Park Seed to sell old seeds and now they are just trying to cover up that fact by not putting a date on the packaging, which every single reputable seed company does. I'm disappointed and feel ripped off.

Company representative comment on October 31, 2016:
On Oct 31, 2016 2:48 PM, Park Seed Company (aka Park\'s Gardens) responded with:

Currently, our seeds are not dated. However, they are tested in our seed lab and we guarantee at least 80% germination. When a seed's germination level becomes low or a seed is exhausted, we do replenish the stock at that time. Because we re-stock regularly, the seed you order could be several days or months old. Generally speaking, our seeds are fresh and replaced each year. Our seeds should be good for at least 1-2 years; even longer if our customers refrigerate them in an air tight container. We do store our seeds under ideal conditions; therefore, regardless of the time of order, the seeds purchased should perform well for you. Also, when we were date stamping the packets, all new empty packets are stamped early in the year, however we replenish seeds several times a year. We apologize for any inconvenience caused or any confusion caused by the date stamp on the 2015 seeds packets.

Neutral Missosprey
Tulsa, OK
October 7, 2016
Posted on October 2, 2016, updated October 7, 2016
I have probably ordered $75+ worth of products from these guys over the year, and I can say for sure that their products are the bare minimum. The first thing I bought was one packet of Gay Butterfly Weed and two Orange Milkweed. I never saw one sprout from the Gay, and only one, measly orange milkweed ever grew. I eventually dug it out and threw it away, since I had bought other Orange Milkweed from a local nursery - three that looked much healthier and I even collected from its seed pods (so I’ll never have to buy orange milkweed again!).

There were a few things in the middle. I had attempted to grow the next seeds inside, following the instructions properly and giving good care to them under a UV light. While other seeds were strong (seeds from other sellers, of course), the ones from Park Seed struggled and eventually died. I even bought some of the Jiffy Pots from them, which I ended up hating… a lot. It created a moldy environment and had no way to allow ventilation - allowing the seeds to be suffocating and the mold to thrive.

Then Mother’s Day was around the corner. My mom wished for live plants, and their “Burgundy Iceberg™ Floribunda Rose “ seemed perfect - and it was on sale for Mother’s Day! I bought a bareroot, and Mother’s Day came around… no roses. My mom was a bit sad I didn’t get her a gift, and was surprised to find the roses I had ordered about two weeks ago were arriving… that Wednesday. Once I finally got it, I told my mom “it looks ugly now, but wait for it to bloom!” And we waited. And waited. Leaves formed, but they blew weakly in the wind. I cut them back, and watered it all summer in hopes it would grow. Nope. Not a single leaf ever grew back, even though I put it in nice soil with mulch surrounding it.

I decided to Live Chat with Park Seed, but was told that it had a “90-day policy”. A bareroot only had a 90-day policy. I understand that policy for live plants, but even then there are a lot of sellers who have a YEAR policy for live plants AND bareroots. Many plants will take a month to grow their leaves back, and another to grow their flowers in their barefoot form.

Now, they were having a good sale on my favirote fertilizer about a month ago. Nature Source is a good, natural fertilizer with no weird stuff in it - very good if you have a wildlife-focused garden or you have pets who go through the garden. This product was alright, but no there were no warnings saying to water it down. Me forgetting that most fertilizers need to be watered down used it anyway… and killed about $30 worth of seed. You know what the real sting of all of this is? Most the people I had bought the other seed from understood my mistake, and gave me new seed for free - because they’re real people who understand that people can make mistakes. But… I had decided to buy two seed packets since they were only a dollar at Park Seed. They sadly died too. I emailed them 48 hours ago, and have I gotten a response? Nah. They’re not in a rush, they’re probably going to wait until my 90 day return policy is up to reply.

As a final note, I’d like to mention that ALL of my boxes from Park Seed have been damaged somehow. I have never gotten a damaged box from anyone until I bought from Park Seed. I’m never buying from Park Seed - and if I do, it’ll be because I love Nature Source.
On October 7th, 2016, Missosprey changed the rating from negative to neutral and added the following:

UPDATE: October 7th 2016

Someone from the website saw my review and offered an almost full refund of all the products I've ordered for them. While I am extremely happy about this, I still feel critical of their return policy - it should at the very least be increased for bareroots and the fact it took me writing a bad review to get any attention from them. I will update again once I get a new set a products from them with my new credit.
Company representative comment on October 3, 2016:
On Oct 3, 2016 11:03 AM, Park Seed Company (aka Park\'s Gardens) responded with:

Negative Veruca73
Barnesville, PA
July 29, 2016
I have been buying my seeds from Park Seed for many years with great success so this growing season I decided to buy several different live plants from Park that were unique and not seen locally where I buy from. I was very excited to receive my plants and expected top quality but I was completely disappointed. I made several different purchases and the timing of the delivery time was poor as my account kept saying they were being shipped. When I received my plants the size and quality were terrible! I had ordered three six packs of San Francisco Begonias that were barely alive. They were root bound beyond anything I have ever seen and brown leaves and dried up. The roots were not a healthy color at all. I have been able to nurse a few to live and after two months they are just looking like starter plants. I bought several Ice plants that came root bound...dried up...horrible looking. Most have died. I purchased several other Ice Plants from another supplier and could not believe the beautiful large healthy plants that were packaged so nicely when I received them I was embarrassed I had to plant them next to the ones from Park...and they were much cheaper. I also bought the Cheyenne Spirit Cone flower from Park and they should have come in a casket! They look like my dog chewed on them or a child dug them out with a spoon. They were hacked. I was so disappointed in every plant in that pack. I also ordered Bacopa...the plants were maybe an inch or two of a cutting that was fried up. For the amount of money I paid I expected top quality plants. I sent a lengthy email to the company on 6/10/16 and never received a response from them. Very disappointed in the customer service. I would never purchase a " so called" live plant from Park Seed ever again.
Company representative comment on July 29, 2016:
On Jul 29, 2016 3:17 PM, Park Seed Company (aka Park\'s Gardens) responded with:

I would like to assist in bringing a solution to your issues. Please email me with your name, address, and order number so that I may help you with this situation. We at Park Seed would like to make your experience better. I would like to review your account so that I may bring a better resolution to your issue.

Negative BetNC
Hendersonville, NC (Zone 7a)
June 18, 2016
I bought 2 50-seed packets of celosia, but had only a 48% germination rate. . .with all seedlings surviving transplant into my garden Needing 77 celosia plants, I made a 2nd order, buying ONLY an additional 50-seed packet, but had only a 36% germination rate . . with only one seedling surviving after transplant into my garden.
While the company responded the 7th day after my seed guarantee claims, notifying me that the cost of the seed would be refunded, they refused to refund the shipping charge I paid to have the 2nd order of substandard seed sent to me, citing "company policy".
I will no longer do business with them OR their known affiliates. It is not right, just or honest to charge the customer for shipping substandard seed.
Company representative comment on June 24, 2016:
On Jun 24, 2016 12:08 PM, Park Seed Company (aka Park\'s Gardens) responded with:

I am sorry to hear you are dissatisfied with our service. I would like to help with your situation. Would you please provide me with your name, address, order # , and I will gladly work with you toward some sort of resolution in this situation.

Negative riverlady
Georgetown, OH
May 26, 2016
I placed an order for tomato plants on 4/27/2016 and as of today (5/26/2016) I have not received them. I called their office today and was told the plants could be shipped as late as 6/10/2016. When I placed the order, their website indicated these plants would be shipped beginning 5/16/2016. Today when I checked their website, it shows these plants "now shipping" Why is their customer service department saying one thing and their website saying another? Maybe they don't know what truthful means!

I live in Ohio which has a limited growing season so young plants received in the middle of June, if they survive the summer heat, would not have time to mature and produce many tomatoes by the end of the growing season. With this in mind, I requested that my order be cancelled and my money refunded. The response I received was: "Unfortunately we cannot cancel your order". I asked to speak to a supervisor and after several minutes of stalling, Jessica finally connected me to Chantra who said she was a supervisor but again said she could not cancel my order. She did offer a solution; Refuse the order when it arrives and it will be returned to their vendor. Their vendor will in turn notify them that the order was refused and then they would refund my money...sometime in July or August. I said I did not want to wait 2-3 months to get my money back and asked to speak with her supervisor, Brad. Unfortunately, Brad (and all of the other upper management people) was in a meeting and would have to call me back. I will contact my credit card company to see about getting my money back.

In doing some research on the internet, I discovered that Park's Seed has had a long history of not being dependable when it comes to fulfilling internet orders. And their customer service is horrible!!!

I ordered from them last year and had no problems so based on that, I would say you have a 50/50 shot at getting your plants! Beware!
Company representative comment on May 26, 2016:
On May 26, 2016 3:22 PM, Park Seed Company (aka Park\'s Gardens) responded with:

Please accept our apology, unfortunately when the orders are sent to the fulfillment center we are unable to make any type of adjustments. The final shipments did begin the week of 5/16/16 and will continue through week of 6/6/16. The 6/10/16 date would be the latest the order would deliver. We realize this is very inconvenient for you the customer and we are so sorry. However, as the Supervisor Chandra stated you can refuse the delivery and we will refund you for the order. The refund will not take 2 months to be given as well. This will take place as soon as the fulfillment center lets us know the package has returned. Your information has been given to the department Manager, Brad and he will give you a call at his earliest convenience.

Neutral IN55
Cashmere, WA
May 5, 2016
Posted on May 4, 2016, updated May 5, 2016
I placed an online order and decided to cancel it after 12 days of no response or updated info online (I also called and spoke to a not very nice representative that said \"Sometimes it takes a while for order to get processed \". I asked her if I could cancel online, she said yes any time. I went to the website and on the order status page there is nowhere I could find to cancel so I wrote an email to: [email protected] on May 2nd asking them to please cancel my order. Lo and behold the same evening I cancelled they placed a charge on my credit card. I never received an answer to my email. I immediately wrote them again and sent my cancellation email 3 times including all the information. I still have not heard back, but the email works fine since I got notification today that the order shipped. I am very unsatisfied with their customer service and would not recommend this company to anyone. I do not want this order and they forced payment and sent it anyway. What a bad business practice!
On May 5th, 2016, IN55 changed the rating from negative to neutral and added the following:

As per Angela's request I contacted her at Parkseed through email and was extremely pleased how fast she answered me. They resolved my issue to my complete satisfaction and I am changing my rating from a Negative to a Neutral due to the fact that Angela is extremely helpful and Parkseed has a very valuable employee. I still hope they will work on their customer service and website issues - maybe during off season? As Angela mentioned to me and other posts during the peak season the emails can fall behind due to the call volume in their call center and due to the volume of emails they receive daily. I wish them the best for the future.
Company representative comment on May 5, 2016:
On May 5, 2016 11:01 AM, Park Seed Company (aka Park\'s Gardens) responded with:

I would like to assist in bringing a solution to your issues. Please email me with your name, address, and order number so that I may help you with this situation. We at Jackson and Perkins would like to make your experience better. I would like to review your account so that I may bring a better resolution to your issue.

Positive kawand33
Lansing, MI (Zone 5a)
May 5, 2016
I have ordered several seed packets from this company both last year and this year and was very satisfied with everything I received. They are one of my go-to companies for flower seeds, and I would recommend them to other gardeners.
Positive DonnaMack
Elgin, IL (Zone 5a)
May 4, 2016
Posted on March 31, 2016, updated May 4, 2016
Posted on March 30, 2016, updated March 31, 2016
Posted on October 20, 2015, updated March 30, 2016
Posted on October 17, 2015, updated October 20, 2015
Posted on July 31, 2003, updated October 17, 2015
My Park orders have been 100% seed, so I can't address other areas, but the seed is outstanding. It is very carefully packaged, and the prices are reasonable. I ordered wave and double petunia seeds from Vermont Seed, Harris Seed and Park. The yield from Vermont Seed was zero, from Harris about 80%, which is fine, but Park's was 95% plus. That has been a consistent experience with all kinds of seeds from them. My rule of thumb has become, if I want something a little unusual (new hybrids or new colors colors)and I want them well packaged so the seed lasts several years(paper inside of foil)and I don't want to pay a ridiculous price (Thompson & Morgan), then Parks is it.
On October 17th, 2015, DonnaMack added the following:

After having numerous positive results for Park Seed year after year (I grew several tender perennials for clients this past year, to great praise, and for myself year after year) I thought I was taking a crazy chance by ordering a containerized Zephirine Drouhin rose because the price was more than reasonable and shipping was free. I assumed that it was coming in spring but it arrived TODAY! e are going through a frost spell but temps will be going up to the 70's, and my only dilemma is whether to keep it in a container in my garage or plant it with extreme protection, because it is GORGEOUS! I have a two year old Kathleen Harrop and want it to have company. While I question the wisdom of shipping it to me now, I cannot question the large size of this beautiful containerized, disease free rose!
On October 19th, 2015, DonnaMack added the following:

Hello Angela,

I am happy to say that I contacted you by email last Friday and received a detailed written response the following business day (yesterday) from Steve, who not only gave me excellent advice on how to plant the rose but reminded me that I have a guarantee of replacement or refund through June 30 of next year. I am very pleased with my interaction with your company, and plan to do exactly as Steve advised.
On March 30th, 2016, DonnaMack changed the rating from positive to negative and added the following:

Well, I am afraid I spoke too soon.

My Zephinrine Drouhin rose that was shipped, as I feared, at the wrong time for my zone died. I followed the instructions that the company (Steve, the horticulturalist) gave me, and followed them to the letter. But I was also assured that the rose was guaranteed through June of 2016.

I emailed Steve, using the "reply to" address that he gave me. I did this on the 26th, receiving no response, repeated it on the 29th. I have received neither response nor acknowledgment. Worse, when I tried to email Angela, whose email is listed above, the email address appeared to go nowhere.

It was a nice specimen, but I never plant roses in zone 5a in October. And now the lack of responsiveness is very disappointing, given that I have only reached the end of March.

All of my other roses are doing very well.

It seems a shame.
On March 31st, 2016, DonnaMack changed the rating from negative to neutral and added the following:

I would like to change my rating of this company, pending the ultimate resolution. Apparently Steve was out of town for several days, and was unable to respond, but Angela stepped up, and we just had a nice discussion. While Park does not have my rose this year, their sister company Jackson and Perkins does. She offered me either a large bareroot or a smaller containerized rose (not to have a choice!). She then credited my order back and used it to create an order at Jackson and Perkins. I thought this an incredibly good resolution (and Angela is a very nice person) and will update this entry once the rose is received.
On May 4th, 2016, DonnaMack changed the rating from neutral to positive and added the following:

I received the most beautiful replacement for my Zephirine Drouhin. I chose, as I noted above what Angela referred to as a smaller containerized rose (I meant to write that it was NICE to have a choice) but if this is smaller, what is large? I thought it quite large, and it is nicely branched and already leafed out. It was easy to plant, and now is on my south parkway. I also received ample notice of its impending arrival.

Thank you Angela and Steve. You kept your promises. Making a mistake - we all do it. Making up with it so delightfully - that's hard to do. And it was done here.
Company representative comment on March 30, 2016:
On Oct 17, 2015 3:05 PM, Park Seed Company (aka Park\\\\\\\'s Gardens) responded with:

I am sorry I am unable to contact you directly, I do not have any of your information. If your order was placed within the last few weeks, we are currently in our Fall season and this is why our order shipped now. We are happy to know your rose arrive in good condition and you are pleased with the quality. Please feel free to call us for advise for the expected frost spell and planting your rose.

On Oct 20, 2015 8:01 AM, Park Seed Company (aka Park\\\'s Gardens) added:

I am so glad that Steve our Horticulturist was able to give you some good advise. Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

On Mar 30, 2016 3:32 PM, Park Seed Company (aka Park\'s Gardens) added:

Hey DonnaMack,

I am so sorry to learn that your rose did not survive. Also that you have not received a response from Steve, he's not in today or I would reach out to him. Please try to resend to me at [email protected]. This is my active email address. If not please call and request to speak with me, 1-800-845-3369.

[email protected]arkseed.com

Positive scarby
Grovertown, IN
April 25, 2016
Ordered four honeyberry plants from them in early spring. It had been a few weeks so I emailed them asking the status. Had a reply back the next day saying my area wasn't ready and it would ship soon. No problem. Plants arrived in great shape about a 1-2 weeks later. Plants were actually bigger than I expected and were packaged well. Prices were great and bought them when they had free shipping sale.
Positive iloveplants4
El Dorado, AR
April 20, 2016
Posted on April 11, 2016, updated April 20, 2016
Posted on April 6, 2016, updated April 11, 2016
Posted on March 30, 2016, updated April 6, 2016
Posted on March 29, 2016, updated March 30, 2016
I purchased a Fire and Ice Hydrangea and a Empress Wu from the company. The plants took a while to arrive, but they were packaged well. The hydrangea was frail and the hosta was small, but it looked healthy. I planted the two and hoped for success. Well, the hydrangea turned out to be a huge disappointment. I was thinking to give it some time and try not to rush to judgement. I called Park Seed and complained about the purchase. I was instructed to use Epsom Salts and I did, but it did not do a bit of good! I called back and requested for a manager to call me and you may have guessed that I did not receive a phone call. I called today and was told I was out of warranty! The warranty is 90 days and that is hogwash because the warranty info was not included with the order. I viewed their website and it is on the guarantee section, however; I spoke to a CSR who told me that the plants could have been replaced the item last year. Ok, Park Seed should have a guarantee longer than three months! The CSR informed me that since I live in the South, the company took the location into consideration. Whatever! Park Seed sends out plants that are so overpriced for what you are getting! I could have pulled some twigs from my yard for free and saved $$$$! Park Seed is a scam and I will never order from them again! They will not replace less quality plants and it is not fair to the consumer. I will purchase my plants from other nurseries! I would have done a lot better with Lowe's, Home Depot and Wal-Mart than Park Seed!! Stay AWAY from Park Seed!
On March 30th, 2016, iloveplants4 changed the rating from negative to neutral and added the following:

Hello Plant Loving Friends,

I spoke with Angela Davenport at Park Seed and she was really wonderful. I received a message from her and she wanted to know what transpired. I told her that it was a \\\"lost cause\\\" and she informed me that nothing is a lost cause. I received a credit for the Fire and Ice Hydrangea, as well as the Empress Wu Hosta. I am anxiously waiting for my replacements to arrive and then I will let you know how the plants look. If the plants look great, I will change my experience to positive. I will receive a hydrangea (different variety). Hopefully, it is a thumbs up!
On April 6th, 2016, iloveplants4 changed the rating from neutral to positive and added the following:

I changed my rating to positive because Angela Davenport issued a credit and that was nice of her. I ordered another hydrangea and it arrived today. I was pleasantly surprised when I opened the shipping box. The plant looks healthy and I could tell that it was watered before it left the nursery. The horticulturalist is very professional and nice! I will continue to order the company and their affiliates.
On April 11th, 2016, iloveplants4 changed the rating from positive to neutral and added the following:

On April 20th, 2016, iloveplants4 changed the rating from neutral to positive and added the following:

I spoke with Christy and she is a really polite manager. Christy resolved my issues and her customer service skills are simply wonderful. I will continue to shop at Park Seed!
Company representative comment on April 20, 2016:
On Mar 29, 2016 2:00 PM, Park Seed Company (aka Park\\\\\\\'s Gardens) responded with:

On Apr 11, 2016 3:24 PM, Park Seed Company (aka Park\\\'s Gardens) added:

Hey J,

Seen that you changed your rating from positive to neutral today. Has something changed that I may assist you with. Email your concerns to my address below please.

On Apr 20, 2016 11:30 AM, Park Seed Company (aka Park\'s Gardens) added:

Hey J,

I am so pleased that you spoke with Kristy and that she was able to assist you with your issue. If we can be of further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Negative tonysoll
Brooklyn, NY
April 19, 2016
Posted on April 19, 2016, updated April 19, 2016
I ordered the Calibrrachoa assorted mini pak - 6 plants, 2 each of scarlet, tangerine and blue 87827-PK-6a. (order # WEBPS 1930876) The shipment arrived with all the plants jumbled up in the box, but they survived well enough to be planted, although 2 were broken. Some had blooms, some didn\'t, but after a couple of days, it was obvious that there was a packing error, since there were no blues, but 2 red and 4 tangerine. I emailed and aside from the automatic response, never heard back despite the 48 hour time mentioned in the email. After 3 days, I called and after a long wait, was tole that the relevant department would get back to me, implying that they\'d send the missing plants. Five days later- nothing. Called again and spoke to another helpful and sympathetic person who, after talking to her supervisor, said they\'d refund me about $5,( waay less than 1/3 the price!). This was not acceptable and so finally they offered to send me another order, but not until May 18, another month. I am very dissatisfied. This is no way to keep a customer
On April 19th, 2016, tonysoll added the following:

Thank you for responding. Unfortunately, if my original email had been dealt with, there might have been time to replace the missing colors. I had to call several times and never received a response from several emails, despite the written promise of 48 hour response time.
Company representative comment on April 19, 2016:
On Apr 19, 2016 9:47 AM, Park Seed Company (aka Park\\\'s Gardens) responded with:

I am sorry to hear you are dissatisfied with our service. Please accept our apology. Customer Service is important and we always appreciate the opportunity to address any dissatisfaction with our products and services. Annual plants are very tender, and because of this, we do try to avoid extended periods of storage. Therefore, our annual plants are started and grown for each individual hardiness zone. Therefore we only have 3 shipping periods for annual plants. Annuals grown for your zone begun shipping the week of April 4th. The plants grow for the next shipping period which begins the week of April 25th have already sold out, this is why your replacements can not ship until the last shipping period which begins the week of May 16th. We are so sorry for any inconvenience caused.

On Apr 19, 2016 10:55 AM, Park Seed Company (aka Park\'s Gardens) added:

I am so sorry, unfortunately during the peak season our emails can fall behind due to the call volume in our call center and due to the volume of emails we receive daily. We do our very best to respond as soon as possible. I did locate your emails and I closed them because we have spoken with you on the phone. Again we are so sorry for the inconvenience caused, please accept our apology.

Negative RoanokeGardener
Roanoke, VA
April 13, 2016
First time customer this spring with two orders totaling about $60. The products sent and customer service proved extremely disappointing. Hydrangeas were dead within 4 days of planting. I contacted customer service as instructed via e-mail. They did not respond even though a reply within 48-hours is promised. So, I called the (800) number and was told I would need to supply photos of the dead plants to prove it. Sent that exactly as instructed and was blocked by their spam filters (apparently the system is not equipped to handle attachments). I was also told on the phone that the asparagus ordered wasn't dead enough (roots arrived moldy and didn't produce sprouts after three weeks of ideal weather conditions). They wanted me to call back in another three weeks on these, presumably requiring I go through the send e-mail for no response and/or a bounce until the 90-day guarantee window expires. It boggles my mind that a company charging premium prices would make a customer spend so much time trying to resolve an issue they created with poor product then add insult to injury with required instructions to begin a discussion about resolution that are impossible to comply with. That's not a product guarantee.
Company representative comment on April 13, 2016:
On Apr 13, 2016 4:33 PM, Park Seed Company (aka Park\'s Gardens) responded with:

Negative imsnow
Roseville, CA
April 12, 2016
I ordered 3 six-packs of flowers. I selected the first week of April as the delivery date. I called the company a few weeks before the delivery date and was told over the phone that I would receive the plants on Friday of the first week of April. I sent them an email a week later to confirm the delivery date, and they responded in writing that my order would be shipped the first week in April. So, I scheduled my landscaper to come out on the second week of April to plant everything for me.....and guess what...flowers have not been shipped. Now they tell me that I can expect the flowers on Friday of the 3rd week of April. They will not issue me a refund or allow me cancel my order, even after I forwarded them the email they sent me which confirmed the plants would be shipped the first week of April. I will not buy from this company again.
Company representative comment on April 12, 2016:
On Apr 12, 2016 12:06 PM, Park Seed Company (aka Park\'s Gardens) responded with:

I would like to assist in bringing a solution to your issues. Please email me your name, address, and order number so that I may help you with this situation.

Negative dr_kinney
Waynesboro, GA
March 24, 2016
I've been buying seeds and plants from Park for decades with no problems until now.

1. My password quit working. I tried several times to get them to send me a new password and they said they did but they didn't. I finally got a new one by calling.

2. My order history shows only my last order, nothing from the last 20 years.

3. I tried to find my shipping history and couldn't so I initiated a chat. The response was a blank screen.

4. Via phone I found out that my hibiscus (ordered over 2 months ago) were on back order and wouldn't be shipped until next month.

I'm going to find a better company to order from in the future.
Company representative comment on March 25, 2016:
On Mar 25, 2016 11:20 AM, Park Seed Company (aka Park\\\'s Gardens) responded with:

Dear Gardening Friend,
I am sorry to learn of your disappointment with our product/service. Please accept our apology. Customer Service is important and we always appreciate the opportunity to address any dissatisfaction with our products and services.
I am so sorry that you failed to receive one of the auto populated passwords when requested, it is unusual that you would not. It is a possibility that it may have went into your spam folder. We apologize that you are no longer able to view your long term order history, in the recent years our website updated and changed and older history is no longer available. I apologize that you were unable to Live Chat with a representative due to a blank screen, I will look into this to see if there is an issue. Unfortunately from time to time we will have plants back ordered due to many different reasons, mostly due to weather change and harvesting the plants. We never want or mean to disappoint any of our customers. We ship thousands of orders each year, and our goal is to offer only the best in both products and service.

On Mar 25, 2016 11:33 AM, Park Seed Company (aka Park\'s Gardens) added:

Positive airago
Kamloops,
Canada
March 14, 2016
I have ordered seeds from this company for several years and have always been very happy with both the seeds and the company service. They have new varieties of plant seeds earlier than most other sources and the prices are very competitive.
Negative c_lee
Yorktown, VA
March 8, 2016
Ordered 7 packets of seeds, most on sale, entered a promo code good for "15% off any order" - simple enough. Was charged full price minus 15% percent so $6 more than the sale price. I would have been happy with the sale prices, I was even okay with $6.95 shipping, but to bump the prices to full price and then take off the 15% is so dishonest and smarmy. The promo code should state "off full price" if that is the case. I called to cancel the order and was told I couldn't but that I could send the order back when it arrives. Again, only $6 but beyond dishonest. Lots of great seed companys to choose from, stay far, far away from this one.
Company representative comment on March 8, 2016:
On Mar 8, 2016 1:08 PM, Park Seed Company (aka Park\'s Gardens) responded with:

Negative nicksdad
West Chester, PA
January 29, 2016
I have to agree with those who have had poor experiences with Park. I sent a question to them via their website email form, regarding some seeds I intended to purchase. I received a reply thanking me for my interest, and letting me know that someone would be contacting me within 48 hours. A couple hours more than 48 later, and still no reply. So i used their website's chat feature to ask my questions.

I was ok with the answers I got about the seeds themselves, but having in mind all the negative reviews posted here, I figured I'd dig a little deeper. I asked if the seeds happened to be on back order. I was told that they can't tell until I actually place an order. That is absolutely ridiculous in 2016, even if it is true. Fortunately, I was told that I could cancel if they are on back order, since my credit card wouldn't be charged until the items shipped. Fine, I guess.

So, I asked about shipping. It would take 7-14 days standard shipping. No problem there. But I was told, as someone mentioned here, that they will ship "at the optimum planting time for your zone." I'm in southeast PA...so they'd ship sometime in...April? May? Whenever they think it's safe? Add a week or two for the actual shipping, and I'd be getting the seeds much later than I needed them.

I asked if I could get them shipped now, in case I wanted to start them indoors early. I was told, "If we ship before the optimum planting time it will null the warranty." I didn't even bother going into how silly that is. At least the person was friendly and polite.

So, yeah. Proceed with extreme caution when ordering from them. They won't be getting my business unless some of these things change.
Company representative comment on January 29, 2016:
On Jan 29, 2016 4:43 PM, Park Seed Company (aka Park\'s Gardens) responded with:

Please accept our apology, it appears there was some miscommunication via our Live Chat. I would like to address your questions in regards to the back order on seeds and the shipment time of orders. The Angelonia Blue and White seeds in the Serena variety are not back ordered at this time, they are available for ordering and shipping now. The statement you seen "shipped at the optimum planting time for your zone." This is in reference to live plants and bulbs only, seeds and accessories ship within just a few days of ordering. All of our shipping Policies can be reviewed online, just follow the link below. Again we are so sorry for the wrong information given and any inconvenience caused.

Negative karenmsmith7
Chicago, IL (Zone 5b)
September 24, 2015
Last spring I ordered seeds for the platycodon variety 'Komachi' (this is the type in which the blooms never fully open and look like little balloons). I had grown them successfully from seed before, but lost them to a drought a few years back. The seeds this year germinated and grew into plants which are now blooming. Unfortunately, none of them are the variety 'Komachi.' but rather are the typical open-bloom platycodon that I can buy at any garden center. I feel I have wasted months of time and effort trying to grow a special variety with nothing much to show for it.
Company representative comment on September 24, 2015:
On Sep 24, 2015 1:43 PM, Park Seed Company (aka Park\'s Gardens) responded with:

We have reviewed your posting on Dave's Garden Watchdog. We want to resolve the problem but are unable to locate your order with the partial email address provided by the site. Please forward your order number or complete billing address (including zip code), and any other pertinent information to my email address below. I want to help and look forward to hearing from you.

Negative gfernando
Southington, CT
September 10, 2015
Posted on August 18, 2015, updated September 10, 2015
Posted on August 6, 2015, updated August 18, 2015
Posted on August 6, 2015, updated August 6, 2015
Posted on August 5, 2015, updated August 6, 2015
I ordered $34 worth of seeds from Park Seeds last Monday, July 27th. The very next day, I received a confirmation e-mail that my order has shipped and received a USPS tracking #. I waited patiently for the tracking # to show up on the USPS website. Last Thursday as the USPS website claims the tracking # is not found, I contacted Park Seed customer service and asked them why. They emailed me right away and said their shipments usually do not have tracking #s and confirmed my order was in fact shipped and on its way. It has been 6 business days since my last email and I still HAVE NOT received my shipment.
First they give you a tracking number to make you feel good that your order was shipped (when it is not) and when you inquire about the tracking # not working they claim their shipments do not have tracking #s and assure your shipments have shipped. It has NEVER taken this long for domestic mail to reach me if it was shipped 10 days ago. I get mail from other side of the world within 10 days. They are misleading me and buying time by lying to me. They have no integrity. How am I supposed to trust the quality of their seeds????
I won\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t order anything from this company ever again! STAY AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On August 6th, 2015, gfernando changed the rating from negative to neutral and added the following:

Thank you Angela.
Mu husband said a package from Park Seed arrived today. So I am changing my rating from negative to neutral. Will write an update on the quality and germination of seeds once I get to it.

On August 6th, 2015, gfernando added the following:

On August 18th, 2015, gfernando changed the rating from neutral to positive and added the following:

I have progressively changed my rating from negative to positive. The seeds were very well packed with clear instructions. Also the seed count for every packet was very accurate.In fact there were a few extra seeds to account for any loss of seed. So far I am very satisfied with the packaging, seed count and the instructions. The info sheet that comes with the shipment is very useful for a beginner gardener.

Also most of the seeds I have sowed have sprouted by now, so seems like the germination of their seeds are good. Only Delphiniums are yet to germinate and I cannot say anything yet about seedling survival rate but so far I am happy with the quality of the seeds. I hope to buy more seeds from them and will keep this comment thread updated.Thanks Park Seed!
On September 10th, 2015, gfernando changed the rating from positive to negative and added the following:

I am writing an updated review on the seeds I started.
Almost every single seed sprouted so about 100% germination rate. I had delphinium, coneflower, yarrow and Shasta daisy seeds sprouting and doing well.
But unfortunately, none of the seedlings survived for more than 2 weeks. They are all dead, I am not sure why but I followed all the instructions and cared well for them. So disappointed in the seedling survival rate, especially because coneflower seeds were very expensive!!!
:( :(
Company representative comment on September 11, 2015:
On Aug 5, 2015 12:26 PM, Park Seed Company (aka Park\\\\\\\'s Gardens) responded with:

Sounds like you order shipped via UPSMI, UPS Mail Innovations. Which can take up to ten business days in transit. Tracking information is not available for this shipping method. Your order was shipped via UPS Mail Innovations and will be delivered to you by USPS. However the shipping date shown is the date your order shipped from our facility. We apologize for any confusion or any inconvenience caused.

On Aug 6, 2015 9:42 AM, Park Seed Company (aka Park\\\'s Gardens) added:

Great, I am so glad to learn that your shipment did deliver. Please let me know directly if there is anything else I may assist you with.

On Sep 11, 2015 1:33 PM, Park Seed Company (aka Park\'s Gardens) added:

I am sorry to hear the seedlings failed to survive. I would like to help with your situation. Would you please provide me with your name, address, and order #. We will gladly work with you toward providing horticultural assistance or some sort of resolution in this situation.

Chandra M

Negative JackiO
Watertown, MN
June 11, 2015
I really wish I had done some research before ordering from Park Seed. Had I even done just a quick search I would have found review after review of their HORRIBLE customer service. I have NEVER encountered a company that cared so little for their customers as Park Seed.

It was 11pm at night and I wanted to order the "deal of the day" also they were advertising "free shipping" on the home page so I went check out, entered the code and the system would NOT take the code. I had over $39 worth of stuff in my cart and was entering it in correctly. Since it was so late I gave up and decided to try again in the morning. However when trying to order the next day the cost of the flowers I wanted went up and still, the system would NOT accept the coupon code for free shipping. Naturally I contacted your customer service thinking they would do their job and make it right. However all I got was a snotty attitude, snide remarks and an agent who obviously had NO intentions on doing anything to make up for the money I missed out on saving. I was absolutely floored at the way Terri handled my issue, I have NEVER received such horrible customer service, it was so bad I made sure to save the script. I continued on to email the company thinking I may have just gotten a bad CSR.. NOPE!!! that was not the case, the person from [email protected] wasn't any better.

Now on top of the HORRIBLE service Park Seed has processed un-authorized payments on my account. I made my purchase on 6/6 for $41.78 which was taken out of my account immediately. Now on 6/9 I had a charge on my account for $35.88 and a second charge for $5.90. This is NOT OK! This company has processed unauthorized charges on my account. DO NOT ORDER FROM THEM.

***PLEASE READ THE ABOVE INFO BEFORE ORDERING FROM THIS COMPANY***

I will be doing my best to warn others about this company, and will be submitting a BBB complaint. I hope at the very least this info can help warn others so they don't order from this company.
Company representative comment on June 11, 2015:
On Jun 11, 2015 11:43 AM, Park Seed Company (aka Park\'s Gardens) responded with:

Dear JackiO,

I have reviewed your posting on Dave's Garden Watchdog website as well as your Live Chat session and your email inquires. I would like to help with your situation and bring a resolution to your issue. First, please note that I will be issuing you credit back to your account for the difference in price of the 12 Delosperma Jewel of Desert Topaz plants in the amount of $6.00, we apologize that you were unable to process and submit your order on June the 4th while the Deal of the Day was valid. Second, to explain how your charges appeared, we charge for items as they ship and on 6/7/15 we sent in a pre-authorization for $41.78 and when we made shipment of the 2 packets of seeds on your order we billed only for them at $5.90. Once we processed the plants for shipment we pre-authorization the remaining balance of $35.88 and billed for this amount once the plants shipped. Giving a total of $41.78 that we billed you for. Pre-authorization are roll off accounts once the money due is collected. Customer Service is important and we always appreciate the opportunity to address any dissatisfaction with our products and services. We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Positive mikeandflee
Saginaw, MI
June 10, 2015
I've ordered seed in the past and had great luck with it. This year was no different, plants are growing and I am one happy gardener. This was the first year I order a plant, missed that it was a bare root plant, planted it and it's growing now too. Very happy!
Company representative comment on August 6, 2015:
On Aug 6, 2015 12:37 PM, Park Seed Company (aka Park\'s Gardens) responded with:

We appreciate you taking the time to let us know how pleased you are with your product. Thank you! Your opinion is valued and we, of course, welcome feedback. It's customers like you who act as a reminder of why we do what we do and the importance of supplying only top quality products as well as to offer the best service possible. Again, thank you for sharing your thoughts!

Neutral Sharon65
Ogdensburg, NY
May 19, 2015
Posted on May 11, 2015, updated May 19, 2015
It took six days to get here and when it finally did, the seed packages are short. Instead of 25 Rudbeckia, I received 18. On Calendula, I received 39 instead of 50.

I\'m not done counting yet, will have a final tally later.

The quality looks like dollar store seed.

The shipping costs half the order, and they gave me a unusable tracking number.

The seed count is less then what\'s on the package.

Never again. I order from Fedco, Johnny\'s, and Baker, and I\'ve never a problem like Parks has given me.

The only good thing is the germination chart they sent, hopefully their seeds will germinate 100% to make up for the rest.

On May 19th, 2015, Sharon65 changed the rating from negative to neutral and added the following:

Park Seeds sent me extra seeds in response to my complaint, which is nice, so I'm changing it to a Neutral.
Angela is a good employee, I hope they appreciate her.

Company representative comment on May 11, 2015:
On May 11, 2015 4:43 PM, Park Seed Company (aka Park\'s Gardens) responded with:

Neutral bullfrog357
Townsend, DE
May 18, 2015
Posted on May 14, 2015, updated May 18, 2015
Order was placed on the web to speed things up? I waited almost a month and never heard back from them. Finally I sent an inquiry by e mail and no response. I called twice and e mailed a few more times. Still not a person knew when the seeds would be shipped or what was going on. Another week went by and two more e mails and they finally got the ball rolling. Ive been given a usps tracking number that so far is no good. I think the shipping # is a sham. On a scale of 1 to 10 in making an effort to make a customer satisfied and do business with them again is a big fat ZERO. This is not the same Park seed I remember from the 1990\'s. As far as Im concerned for the aggravation they put me thru my order definitely should have been complimentary. It is obvious to me they do not seem to care that they are losing customers faster than they are gaining them. Ill order elsewhere next time. And the thing that really gets me is the seeds were displayed on the website as available for shipment while I was told repeatedly that they were on backorder. Im still trying to figure that one out. Its going onto six weeks for my order to get to me.
On May 18th, 2015, bullfrog357 changed the rating from negative to neutral and added the following:

The seeds I ordered finally arrived. It took a bit longer than I expected but the dilemna has beed resolved. Thank you Angela for explaining what they failed to tell me they were using UPS not USPS.
Company representative comment on May 18, 2015:
On May 14, 2015 9:05 AM, Park Seed Company (aka Park\\\'s Gardens) responded with:

I would like to assist in bringing a solution to your issues. Please email me with your name, address, and order number so that I may help you with this situation. I would like to review your account so that I may bring a better resolution to your issue. . During the peak season it can take several days to get a response due to the volume of emails we receive daily. However I will be more than happy to assist with your order, please email me directly at [email protected].

On May 18, 2015 2:52 PM, Park Seed Company (aka Park\'s Gardens) added:

Your very welcome, so glad to learn that your seeds delivered. Thank you and if I may be of further assistance please feel free to send me an email.

[email protected]

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Tour | Contact Us ]