The scoop on 'Northern Dipper Farms'

Northern Dipper Farms

RR 1
Wilsonville, Ontario N0E 1ZO (Canada)

No positives

Comments:

Neutral RoseyQ
Crystal Lake, IL (Zone 5a)
November 30, 2004
I ordered several varieties of gourds from this company early this year and planted all the seeds, some indoors in late spring and some directly in the ground after the soil had warmed. I harvested exactly one gourd, not full size. I've gardened for years and start all my flowers and vegetables from seed. Most of the seeds germinated and it is possible that insects or something else interfered with the success of my gourds but I didn't see any evidence of insect or animal damage. I know that gourds require a long growing season, still, I was expecting to see much better results.