The scoop on 'Pacific Callas'

Pacific Callas

23367 West Park Colombo
Calabasas, California 91302 (United States)

Phone: 1-800-533-8573

This company is affiliated with 1 company:This company specializes in:Other helpful information:

Company Comment, posted on October 1, 2003:
Easy navigation, well designed

Comments:

Positive idanou
Provincetown, MA (Zone 7a)
July 14, 2011
Excellent speedy service. Great selection. The callas I ordered sprouted within a few days of being received. I've ordered callas from other companies, too, and I think by far Pacific Callas is the best. Recommended!
Positive LyndaT13
Los Altos, CA (Zone 9a)
October 9, 2009
October 9, 2009. Ordered 3 Amethyst and 3 Black Star Callas in July. Planted in August. By September, the Amethysts were all popping up and doing beautifully. The Black Stars had not broken through the soil. I had all 6 on individual emitters. Called Pacific Calla and they willingly replaced with 3 other black bulbs as they were out of the Black stars. I may have been giving them too much water. Will be replacing heads with low flow emitters now to be sure not too much water. Will be ordering from Pacific Callas in future.

Lynda Thomas
Positive papabear501
Tullahoma, TN
June 18, 2009
My wife and I have purchased calla bulbs from numerous companies over the years....Until we found "Pacific Callas" !! All the calla bulbs we purchased from them (several hundred) have always been 5 star quality !! This coupled with 5 star service (customer communications & deliveries) make any purchases from Pacific Callas a pleasant (and later rewarding) experience.
Positive ctmailman
Cromwell, CT
April 23, 2009
I had placed an order last year and was so happy with the Callas that I went and placed another order this year. The bulbs are big and the plants bloom even better than I could have imagined..I put last years pots out a week ago and they are starting to come up...
Peter is great to comunicate with and a pleasure to work with..I will order again next year when the new varities come out..
Thanks again
AL
Positive coleuscrazy
Baden, PA
July 17, 2008
Great selection, healthy bulbs and included 4 extra bulbs of the one color I ordered. There was a mix up with my order and one of my bulbs was entirely different, just as gorgeous and they helped me identify it through pictures and I plan to order more of it next spring! They also offered to replace the mix up bulb! Wonderful company, plants and people!
Positive colliwobbles
(Jana) Shoreline, WA (Zone 8a)
June 28, 2008
2008 was my 2nd year ordering from them, and I couldn't be happier. Highly recommended!
Positive Trey9123
Greer, SC
June 7, 2008
I ordered the sampler pack of 11 bulbs for about $5 per bulb, very reasonable for callas. I received 26 bulbs of 19 different colors which works out to about $2.10 each. Any company who more than doubles your order is amazing in my book. On top or that, the bulbs that they sent me were of huge size and top quality. Pacific callas has earned a customer for life, thank you sincerely and do not hesitate to order from.
Positive Ilkbahar
Mount Pleasant, SC
May 22, 2008
The bulbs I ordered are healthy and the blossoms are large and beautiful. You have a great product!
Positive chris_lcf530
Peachtree City, GA (Zone 7b)
April 5, 2008
I have recently finished packing and shipping a DG co-op with Pacific Calla. It was great!!
The bulbs were wonderful, packed great, shipped quickly. We knew exactly what was available and what wasnt. If there was a limited amount of a specific bulb, we were told how many were available.
This was great, we received exactly what we ordered. No substitutions.

Peter from PC was available by phone and also answered e-mails quickly.

Product and Service was great! Would absolutely do another co-op with Pacific Calla! They appreciate us here at DG also. All around happiness. ^_^

chris
Positive bay_dog1
Canyon Lake, TX
December 16, 2007
Scour the Internet for nurseries and bulb companies if you are so inclined, but you will never find a more generous or responsive calla company than Pacific Callas. I have been into plants for over fifty years, have lived in climatic zones from 5A to 10B, have raised hardy conifers and tender tropicals both in house and out, and consider myself a well-seasoned gardener with more mail-order experience than this page allows, but, strangely, have bypassed callas until this year. My first trials with Z. aethiopica "Giant White" and "Hercules" bought through ebay and etsy, were more than enough to hook me on this astonishingly rich-colored and diverse genus, so I combed the web for reasonable prices on a large order of many different types…to start my own collection next season. It was then that I happened on a "sampler collection" of eleven varieties of large and high quality bulbs/tubers for only fort-five bucks or so from Pacific Callas, which was easily the best offer from any nursery domestic or abroad. I sent away late on a Thursday night, and by Wednesday of the following week received my box of bulbs. And the fun began. There were not eleven varieties, but seventeen, along with the much sought after "Blaze," and a huge bag of extra bulbs including black varieties. All named bulbs were separately paper-bagged in wood flakes and individually labeled with details and specifics to each kind, and a sheet of general growing/storing instructions…absolutely as professional as it gets. I soon wrote Peter the manager at PC saying that Christmas had certainly come early this year…to thank him for the fine surprise and generous gift. A month later, my sentiments are still running high. Even at this onset of winter, I eagerly anticipate spring's arrival and my own very large beds of these fantastic plants, thanks mostly to Peter at Pacific Callas…names you can absolutely trust to give the best.
Positive jujube50
Corning, NY
July 23, 2007
Every bulb has bloomed within 6 weeks of planting and I live in Upstate New York. They are a company of high integrity and character and if you enjoy callas I HIGHLY recommend Pacific. One unique item is this I ordered ten of one variety and they sent twelve. They are GREAT!
Positive 4paws
Citra, FL (Zone 9a)
May 1, 2007
As a 1400 tuber co-op for calla comes to an end, the 48 members who participated are quite happy with the variety and quality of the product. Peter was very helpful throughout the entire process, and when there was a shortage, had no hesitation in replacing them with more than enough extras for everyone to get at least one or two. I'm looking forward to buying fall bulbs from the sister site, dutchgrown.com soon.
Positive 2mmiller
Miami, FL
April 27, 2007
I received a gift certificate for calla bulbs and the people from Pacific Callas were incredibly helpful and extremely nice. The bulbs were excellent in quality, and I now have at least 2 flowers, (one plant has 12 flowers!), from every bulb. The flowers are gorgeous and are lasting for weeks. I live in Florida and will continue to get bulbs from them as I couldn't be more pleased with the service and the product! I have a magnificent calla lilly garden!!!!!
Positive betterbloom
Blythe, CA (Zone 10b)
December 3, 2006
Very easy to work with. Website was easy to use, shipped on time, and received nice size calla bulbs. This was my first order and have already ordered again.
Positive Shooflygeaux
Independence, LA
May 15, 2005
Been buying and raising callas a few years now. This year my purchase was from Pacific. No need to look farther...bulbs far superior to any others I've purchased. Shipped on time and in excellent condition...larger than others.
Positive lakesidecallas
Dandridge, TN (Zone 6a)
April 22, 2005
The bulbs were a very good size and VERY healthy. I was pleasantly surprised and plan on making them my #1 supplier. PC is also one of the best sources for information as far as growing healthy Calla Lilies.
PS. And they were extrememly nice on the phone, often calling on their own dime!
Positive peggypet
Alsea, OR
April 16, 2005
Stood by their guarantee and replaced damaged bulbs with very good bulbs quickly and with no hassle.