The scoop on 'Sweet Tomato Test Garden'

Sweet Tomato Test Garden

5910 Sheila Avenue
Las Vegas, Nevada 89108-3610 (United States)

Comments:

Positive Stephica
Paradise, NV
May 22, 2013
I discovered that a local nursery here in Vegas (Plant World) carries seeds and supplies from the Sweet Tomato Test Garden. I bought some pepper and tomato seeds and kelp for a foliar spray. The seeds all germinated and are doing well, and the kelp spray sure helped my plants!
Positive Bobbette
Las Vegas, NV
April 13, 2010
I ordered Black Cherry Tomato seeds, kelp and two books. Fast, friendly service--books contain some good information for gardening in Las Vegas.

I found the Hawaiian tomato plant at my local nursery (Plant World) that I believe is grown by this company, but I'm not sure. It is a variety that is hard to find and promoted by their web-site.... can't wait to see how it performs in the summer heat.

I would certainly order from them again!
Positive tombaak
High Desert, NV (Zone 5a)
April 8, 2007
I received my order from this company in a timely fashion. I purchased 5 varieties of tomatoes that are supposed to do well in this horrid heat. I have had almost 100 percent germination rate with those seeds.

The real test will be if they fruit as promise. I'll post again in August!
On May 8th, 2008, tombaak added the following:

I had the best tomato year ever with these seeds!

The Juliet and Hawaiian Tropic (a variety I can find no mention of whatsoever anywhere else...) in particular. I reordered a few days ago.

I am wondering if "Hawaiian Tropic" is known by a different name.
Positive v2170
Las Vegas, NV
December 5, 2004
I ordered and received, in a most timely manner, several of their products. The order included a tomato seed called Hawaiin Tropic. I grew it in the intense heat of the Las Vegas, NV. summer. This tomato is fantastic!!! It set flowers and fruit in July and August, while all the rest of the tomatoes I had tried shut down during this time period. The taste was wonderful! The rest of their products that I received did everything that they were supposed to do. What a concept! Finally a company, whose products do everything they are supposed to do!