The scoop on 'Vintage Gardens Antique Roses'

Vintage Gardens Antique Roses

2833 Old Gravenstein Hwy. South
Sebastopol, California 95472 (United States)

Phone: (707) 829-2035

Visit Vintage Gardens Antique Roses at:

This company is affiliated with 1 company:This company specializes in:

Editor's Comment:
Closed Per a note from a reader, this business has closed.

Comments:

Displaying the 50 most recent comments:

Positive bluebuster77
Belmont, CA
February 8, 2012
Little pricy for band pot, web site was not user friendly and most rose varities don't have complete information and pictures. It's OK size plant but not exactly like a picture shown. I think depends on the season you order, my rose was dormant cane with tiny sprouts on the joints, rooted plant. Shipping was A+++, very fast and delivered exactly what you expect. Packaging was super outstanding. Rogue Valley needs to learn from Vintage Garden, no harm to the plant or not complecated to remove the tape. Thanks. Definitely buy again.
Positive Nastarana
Utica, NY
May 13, 2011
I took advantage of a special sale offered last year. A person could receive 5% off their order in addition to benefitting from the on going specials. A buyer could keep adding to the order throughout the year. My order, which I made in increments, eventially amounted to 20 plants, to be shipped in spring. Not only did VG staff manage to keep track of my order, they even made a change at my request. All 20 plants arrived in NY Wed. after being shipped out on Mon. of the same week. Someone must have been at work very early. All plants were large and healthy and are growing well for me. I am amazed by the amount of excellent work this nursery, with a very small staff, manages to accomplish.
Positive deereyebrow
Black Hawk, SD
July 23, 2010
They have many great and hard to find roses. Most of the 8 roses I ordered from them arrived in good shape, except one of them was weak and eventually died. I wrote to them and got responses very quickly. Althought it was middle of summer and most of their roses were sold out, they still managed to send me a very nice replacement as soon as possible. I appreciate their efforts to maintain a great customer service.
Positive hocklea
Seattle, WA
March 18, 2010
I have ordered many roses from Vintage Garden Roses over the past few years. Overall, I have been very happy with the roses. In fact, I have another large order pending. Just can't seem to stop. Plants always come well wrapped and in good shape. I buy bands so expect them to be small. Very happy with the roses and recomend them to anyone who is interested in older roses.
Neutral garyoconnor
Brattleboro, VT
December 22, 2009
Posted on December 14, 2009, updated December 21, 2009
I placed an order for roses for a client I garden for in October. The order was to be shipped within 2 weeks as their On line catalog states. After 2 weeks I called to find out if the order was shipped and was told by Gita that the order would be shipped in Spring.This is not what I requested and told them my client did not want to wait. She already had a bad experience with Wayside Gardens and wanted a refund. I E-Mailed Mr. lowery and he said a refund would be issued.Its over 2 months and my client is still waiting.Very Bad Customer Service.I will be contacting the Better Business Bureau and the State Attorney General and the credit card company.
On December 22nd, 2009, garyoconnor changed the rating from negative to neutral and added the following:

Dec.21-09. My client finally received her refund,so I've changed my rating to neutral. I will order from them again.
Negative cowpea123
Coushatta, LA
December 11, 2009
Posted on July 31, 2008, updated December 10, 2009
I ordered 3 roses and a catalog and it took three weeks to for them to arive an they were in very poor condition.One was dead with no roots at all and the other two were sickly and one has since died.I called and told them about the the dead plant and they did replace it quickly but since I have had the other one about a month they cannot replace it.The catalog I ordered took a month to get here I called and asked why it took so long and I was told they kept forgetting to mail it.In summery if you want half rooted sick roses and slow service(how do you forget to ship a 15$ catalog for a month)order from vintage gardens but I won't order from them again.
On December 11th, 2009, cowpea123 added the following:

All roses have now died.Will only by from Roses Unlimated and Chambles.What a waste.
Positive loveblossoms
CA
United States (Zone 8b)
June 25, 2009
Vintage Gradens is one of my top rose vendors (and i only have an exclusive few) when purchasing roses. Their selection is impeccable--a true gardener's delight--and their knowledge, service and quality plant material are just as outstanding. i purchased several roses from them for the first time this spring and i couldn't be more delighted with my choices. their roses are gorgeous! very unique with lovely form, color and fragrance. i just love this place. gregg and gita, the owners, are a joy to work with as well. very professional, very caring and very expert at what they do. thanks, gita and gregg! i will definitely be a happy return customer for as long as God blesses you to remain in business.
Positive doghill6
Central Point, OR (Zone 8a)
March 25, 2009
Due to some poor service by my post office my roses were in their box for a week, but the packing was so good they were all fine, still nice and moist. The roses are packed so well you really need to work to get them out! I love this company, I sure hope they stay in business. They haven't mentioned any plans to close lately, that's a good sign.
Positive rosesnpots
Virginia Beach, VA
March 11, 2009
I received my first rose from Vintage today. My friend sent me 'Francesca' when they were having their "stimulus promotion" I was so suprised on how big, healthy and strong my rose is. They told my friend the rose would be shipped on the 9th and it arrived 2 days later as promised.

I also sent my friend a "stimulus promotion" rose and she received hers today as well. Again the rose was big, and healthy. I had emaied Vintage a question when I ordered the rose and they quickly emailed me back. My over all experience with Vintage Gardens was very positive.
Positive timbers
Vallejo, CA
October 28, 2008
I recently ordered several band sized roses from Vintage Gardens. They kept me posted as to shipping date. Plants arrived exceptionally well packed, and except for one were larger than I anticipated. They have offered to replace the smaller one if it doesn't make it.
On November 18th, 2008, timbers added the following:

Received my second order from Vintage Gardens today. The band size plants are huge and very healthy. I highly recommend Vintage Gardens. The small one in my original order is healthy and growing vigorously. These people are fantastic!
On April 29th, 2009, timbers added the following:

Received my third order from Vintage Gardens yesterday. The band size plants are large and healthy. I highly recommend these people. Fantastic service and merchandise.
Positive floria
Athens, GA (Zone 8a)
June 16, 2008
This is my first order from this company. I was very pleased with the order (8 bands and 1 gallon); well packed and nice size plants. The instructions were very clear. However, I had ordered 2 la France clg for an archway, and the 2 roses labeled accordingly looked quite different to me. I emailed explaining the situation. Emails were answered promptly; Gregg apologized for mis-labeling and offered to send another pair of climbers of my choice, as they had run out of La France clg. I let them make the choice and now I have two gorgeous Gruss an Aachen clg, in excellent shape. I will order from this company again.
On April 22nd, 2009, floria added the following:

I ordered 75 band-size plants from Vintage Gardens. They arrived during the past two weeks. There was NOT A SINGLE PROBLEM when I unpacked the plants. Every rose was in excellent shape and perfectly packed. And they were much larger than what I received from other companies that sell the same band size.
In addition, I pestered Gregg repeatedly during this winter with questions about a Rambler hedge and a Hybrid Perpetual hedge and he was always very gracious and his replies were very helpful.
In my experience, they are the best. If I find more room for roses in my garden, I will definitely order from them again.
Positive Bec_No_Va
Huntsville, AL (Zone 7b)
June 12, 2008
Fabulous website, easy to use & easy ordering...received bands today & must say this is by far the best packaging job I have seen from a mail order company! Received email before shipping, great instructions & I am looking forward to getting them in pots...excellent company, excellent plants!! Will definitely order again!!
Positive Kassia
Framingham, MA (Zone 6a)
May 19, 2008
Love their roses... great selection!
the roses are smaller in comparison with other places but you get heathy roses... no question about that!
I had the chance to see the roses at Garden Valley Ranch and got 11 roses when I visited CA last fall. Planted them last fall in MA and only one is struggling.. other than that they are growing healthy!
Yes, I will get more roses from Vintage!
Positive kaydiehl
Pasadena, CA
February 21, 2008
Three exuberant cheers for Vintage Gardens!! A truly comprehensive inventory, arrayed on an easy-to-navigate website, not to mention some of the most detailed descriptions around. Might as well confess it (I know we all do this) -- even if I'm going to order a rose from another vendor, I check with VG first to make sure of the history of the rose, its color and eventual size.
Not that this happens often -- they're my first choice for roses. Great communication, both before the order is shipped and afterward. One in the last batch that arrived at the end of January was a little on the small side. I let them know via email, and they added a note to my file. If it doesn't make it, they'll send me a replacement. Now that's fabulous customer service.
Positive greybird
Vernon, TX
January 19, 2008
Over the past two years, I have ordered between 2 and 3 dozen (maybe more?) band-size roses from Vintage Gardens. They have a wonderland of varieties, many offered in the US only by them . The plants I have received have always been healthy and thriving upon arrival, no shipping shock. This company provides great service, shipments always arrive exactly when desired, with fast, friendly email replies. All this and great specials throughout the year make it impossible to resist ordering "just a couple more".
The bands ordered in late summer will be much larger than the spring shipments, resembling gallon size plants in band containers. I am so pleasantly surprised to open my summer shipments to find such huge plants! The spring bands will be smaller, but play catch-up quickly once placed in gallon cans.
You can delay shipping to an appropriate planting time for your area. I currently have sixteen bands on order to be shipped the last of February, can't hardly wait!
Order from the folks at Vintage Gardens with complete confidence. They're my #1 rose supplier, love to do business with them!
Positive Calif_Sue
Northern California
United States (Zone 9a)
January 9, 2008
After touring their gardens this past May, I fell in love with a couple of roses that I could only find at Vintage. Ordering was a breeze and the two bands arrived well packed and in great shape. I have since ordered several more unusual and hard-to-find varieties. Their print catalog is a must have, it make me want to try so many more but I lack the space.
Positive vhbrown
Cape Cod, MA (Zone 6b)
December 6, 2007
In the last 15 years I have purchased roses from a great number of sources both local and mail order. The one vendor whom I simply could not do without is Vintage Gardens. Their astonishingly large collection of roses of every class makes them invaluable to the rose adventurer and collector. They are the sole source for dozens of rose varieties and provide a repository for many rare and wonderful roses that would otherwise be lost to commerce. In the last dozen years I have purchased over 200 roses from Vintage Gardens and I doubt that I am an unusual customer. I suspect that they have a huge customer base of loyal rose collectors ever anxious to broaden their rose horizons.

VG make an effort to offer their customers opportunities to save on their rose purchases and frequently these promotions involve buying quantities of say four or eight roses. Sometimes, as an option, they may offer a reduced price if the customer will allow them to pick from a list of alternates of the customer's choice. This makes sense to the collector who may have a large "wish list" and limited funds. He may not know exactly which roses he will receive, but they will be from his list and the cost savings help him buy more roses.

I generally order the gallon size pots if they are available because in my zone 6 climate that usually equates to a year's growth compared to the bands. Gallon sized roses can generally be put out into the landscape once they recover from their shipping trauma. They still need a year of careful attention to watering. Bands I generally pot up into gallon pots and put them in a nursery where they will be looked after constantly to ensure they receive adequate moisture. Alternatively, they can be put into the ground in the nursery garden where they will grow for a year before being put out into the landscape. In this manner, every spring there are new roses to go into the landscape and new roses for the nursery.

I wish to extend my deepest gratitude to the folks at Vintage Gardens for assembling such an extensive collection of wonderful roses and many thanks for making them available to all of us.
Positive karenann7
Millersburg, OH
November 11, 2007
I highly recommend Vintage Gardens Antique & Extraordinary Roses. I am a home gardener in zone 5b/6a Ohio (more like 5b...) and a grower and collector of antique roses and other plants. I've ordered scores of roses from Vintage Gardens as well as from other vendors over a period of years. Vintage Gardens offers an extensive selection of roses which are very well packed to survive the stress of shipping. Their website is a library of rose information and they are always willing to share their knowledge of roses. The website is easy to navigate and attractive. The buyer can purchase just about any rose they are looking for, or request a substitution -- but only if an alternate rose is desired. When I want a particular rose, I don't request a substitute. If they don't have a rose you've ordered, they'll let you know on the emailed invoice. Vintage Gardens can be contacted by phone and voice mail or email and they respond promptly. The special sales and discounts are opportunities for the buyer. Some of the special sales require alternate selections but not all of the sales do: take the time to read the details of each offer so you understand. As with all rose shipments regardless of vendor, it's important to follow the recommendations such as potting up band-sized roses and keeping them watered and in filtered shade for a time -- more or less shade depending on the needs of the particular rose. All potted roses require more attention than those planted out. Suggestion: I'd like Vintage Gardens to take more roses out of Custom Root and offer them as regular orders. Their search engine is great...when I can recall where the accent marks fall! I expect to continue as a satisfied customer of Vintage Gardens.

Negative Lucy11
Encino, CA
August 31, 2007
I bought 4 roses from this company. They require the customer to indicate 2 substitutes at the time of the order regardless you want anything else apart from the ones you place the order for. That should have been a red flag right there.That's 50% chance of not getting what you want. Sure enough they sent me a substitute instead of my order of Cristata. I find it very dishonest that they force people to buy extra plants this way. They claim they have notified me about the change by billing me a different rose. What kind of notification is that?! They sent the bill via e-mail, which somehow never got to me and somehow they did not attach a hard copy to the shipment either. To say that I'm disappointed with this company is an understatement.
On September 1st, 2007, Lucy11 added the following:

Follow up: I received an e-mail to my complaint full of disclaimers. As per the seller it was all my fault they did everything by the book and I was a horrible and rude person. Finally I was told they would not let me buy any more plants from them (it looks like I had been granted a personal favor with my original purchase) Well...I guess I just have to consider myself grounded. How these people manage to stay in business is quite a puzzle.
Positive tbuff
Canton, GA
April 21, 2007
Pleasant vendor provided nice plants, very well packaged. Arrived on the East Coast in good condition. Nice selection of rare hydrangeas. Would order from this vendor again.
Negative jojomood
Saint Joseph, MO
October 26, 2006
I ordered some own root roses from this company in Spring 2006. The roses I received were so small they were barely more that tiny sticks with a couple of leaves. Despite everything I tried they didn't survive. I e-mailed the company and they promptly sent out replacement roses that were even smaller and also appeared to have mildew or fungus of some kind. As with the original order, they died as well. I didn't contact them again and just chalked this up to a lesson learned the hard way. I got much better plants from other own-root rose vendors for about the same money.
Positive gaika
Palo Alto, CA
July 28, 2006
I enjoy doing business with this company and appreciate the updates & notes sent by Gita
Positive vabyvlue
Taylorsville, UT (Zone 6b)
July 13, 2006
I ordered 'Fair Bianca' from their website last week. The plant arrived today very nicely packaged and very healthy. To be honest, I expected my plant to be smaller but it is a very good size.

Will surely order again.
Positive seashore
New Haven, CT
June 22, 2006
The website is a wonderful resource; I particularly appreciate the graphics representing the growth habit. I ordered 5 roses from them---3 bands and 2 quart sized. All are doing well. They were beautifully and securedly packed, and came with clear instructions. I am particularly pleased to find a nursery with such extensive offerings in old roses. One of the roses I bought was Betty Prior, an older hybrid tea which my older sister had in her garden---I'd looked for it in every nursery or garden center I visited in Connecticut without sucess.
Positive chipsterdoodle
Citrus Heights, CA
June 12, 2006
Borderline negative, but could stay at neutral or positive depending on if the rose survives. Purchased only two roses, Marjorie Fair and Mozart. Both arrived in a timely manner, Mozart was a nice healthy specimen as far as size and shape, Marjorie Fair on the other hand was more like a twig with only a few sets of leaves and approximately 6 inches tall. I'm not sure Marjorie is going to survive. I emailed this company about some advise on a previously purchased rose from "Tiny Petals" the company they purchased, no response! So, far I won't order from them again, but then I need to give them a chance to make things right.....stay tuned.
On June 13th, 2006, chipsterdoodle added the following:

Oops! this company didn't purchase "tiny petals" that was a mistake on my part, I haven't emailed them yet.
On July 22nd, 2006, chipsterdoodle changed the rating from neutral to positive and added the following:

Changed my rating because this company stood behind their roses and sent a healthy new one! Now that's customer service.
Positive PolyFan
Columbia, MD (Zone 7a)
May 27, 2006
I ordered two bands of "Marie Pavie" from Vintage Gardens this spring, and I couldn't be more pleased with them. I had originally wanted to get "Souvenir de la Malmaison," but after a long telephone consultation with Gregg Lowery (who couldn't have been nicer or more helpful), we both concluded that "Marie Pavie" would suit my situation much better.

On the date promised, I received two vigorous little plants, carefully wrapped and packaged, with clear, illustrated instructions on how to plant and care for them. The foliage was in perfect condition and both plants were already sporting 3 or 4 darling little buds apiece, even though they're only 6-8 inches tall. Both plants are now flourishing in containers on my porch. I will definitely order from Vintage Gardens again, and I would (and have!) recommend them without hesitation to anyone looking for healthy, vigorous, high-quality own-root roses grown in an environmentally responsible manner.
Positive BeeVee
Tampa, FL
May 25, 2006
Vintage is just awesome. I ordered a nice size order and what I got was HUGE bands. Really healthy stems, really new healthy growth, and some even had multiple blooms on them. Great selection and prices, fast shipping and excellent communication.

As soon as I got my order, I called them personally to let them know how pleased I was and that I would be placing another order soon. The new website couldn't be more clear.

An 11 out of a possible 10...

Marta Acaba
Tampa, Florida
Positive tamarava
Chesapeake, VA
April 14, 2006
I was very pleased with my first order from Vintage. Well packed and nice size cuttings. Clear instructions to help with the success of the rose. Emails were answered promptly. I would order from this company again.
Positive dovey
Columbus, OH (Zone 5b)
April 9, 2006
I've ordered from Vintage Gardens twice.

The roses are great and the customer service is too.
Positive LI_Rose
(Zone 6b)
February 15, 2006
I've always received good-sized bands from Vintage and appreciate their wonderful web site, helpful customer service, and easy ordering system. Had to learn the hard way that own-root hybrid teas simply won't survive in my climate, but for other more vigorous roses Vintage's comprehensive selection has been a reliable source of healthy own-root specimens. Highly recommended.

LIR
Positive stone_garden
Burtonsville, MD
June 13, 2005
Thanks to comments I read about great-smelling roses at Dave's Garden and a few other sites, I "heard" about a great smelling, little known? old hybrid tea (1966?) called Lemon Spice. (Of course I have to grow a few roses just for the smell as a lot of my hybrid teas are scentless). Vintage Gardens seemed to be the only ones who had this Lemon Spice.

Completely trouble-free transaction - they have an easy website to use which operated flawlessly and has complete descriptions. Received completed transaction e-mails and an e-mail as to shipping (June 6). Received plants June 8th or 9th. My 2 Lemon Spice are exactly as described - very sturdy, healthy 1/-1/2 to 2 foot single cane, own-root roses fully leafed with good sets of leaves, with a good root system in 2" by 7?" "band" pots. The bands are great as their bottom is very open and plants slide out w. no root tearing at all. There was damp newspaper around the soil to hold it, with a baggy around the whole pot - shipped in a full-size box with plenty of immobilizing newspaper (which I appreciate as I can recycle - hate those bloody packing peanuts). Planting instructions included with of course details as to how these should be grown on in bigger pots until planting size.

These were an indulgence for me and naturally plants from a "specialist" house will be more than my $10 Home Depot bushes -
and in this case I am happy to have paid more and that there are businesses like Vintage Gardens around to maintain stock of wonderful old varieties for gardeners to discover. I am familiar with growing things on - I didn't read enough to know if Vintage Gardens sells plant-in-ground-size but they seem to be happy to help with any questions or special requests. I will VERY DEFINITELY order from again as even this small order was treated with care and attention to details.
Positive Gindee77
Hampton, IL (Zone 5a)
May 17, 2005
I have been happy with the bands I've gotten from Vintage and will order from them again. One band was mis-labeled and I have another one coming to replace that one. I couldn't get the one I had ordered in the first place because they don't have it this year. That was sort of disappointing, but I think I'll be happy with the replacement, as it's one I've been wanting anyway.

Vintage plants are healthy, even tho they're small, and nicely priced. They did well in my garden.
Positive quinnh
Pittsburgh, PA
May 6, 2005
I placed two orders this winter for roses in bands - 7 of 8 were in excellent condition (several with buds!). The 8th was very small, but they were very good about offering replacement or refund when it died. They have been very good about replying promptly to questions via both e-mail & telephone. Their selection is excellent - the only "problem" is choosing only a few from so many... Their detailed print catalog is really worth the $10 for all the detailed information on growth habits and history. I will continue ordering from them as long as I have space in my yard...
Positive secretgarden260
Williamsburg, VA
April 26, 2005
I will return to order from Vintage gardens again and again. They will ask you when you want them shipped. The plants I ordered arrived precisely when agreed upon and they were all healthy. If you order early and get them into the ground right away as instructed, the bushes will do well. The people at Vintage gardens are very knowledgeable and helpful. All the roses I've ordered in the past are growing like crazy with a minimum of care. This is due to the fact that they are "own root roses" rather than weaker grafted roses. If the tops die back you don't have to worry that some inferior root stock will sprout up from the bottom. If a buyer waits too long to plant them, or doesn't use common sense (plants in 100 degrees and doesn't water them) or doesn't plan as instructed then you can't expect success every time. I'm not a rose expert but mine do great and I just LOVE this company. I saw some comments about 1-2 plants that arrived small, or didn't look good, if you tell Vintage Gardens immediately they will make good on it.
Neutral Cloisters
New Bern, NC
March 20, 2005
The roses I received were healthy, but extraordinarily small (& expensive) in comparison to own root plants I have ordered from other suppliers. Perhaps I would deal with this nursery again -- but ONLY if the rose I was searching for was available from no other source.
Positive shellva
Camden, NC
March 5, 2005
I purchased 4 roses from Vintage. All roses are very healthy looking and of decent size save one. One rose was on the rather small side in my opinion but still very healthy looking.

All 4 band size roses were well marked. I have already repotted them per instructions and all are doing well in their new pots. The root systems on the plants seemed healthy.

I was very impressed with how well the plants were packed.

I was also impressed with customer service. All emails were answered in timely fashion.

Overall, I am very impressed with Vintage and will not hesitate to use them again in the future.
Positive AresDraco
San Francisco, CA (Zone 10a)
January 27, 2005
I am fortunate to be able to visit the nursery in Sebastopol. What a treat! It's like being a kid in a a candy store... I always come back with treasures.

My experience with the mail order is equally great. Everything is well packed, arrives in good condition and is correctly labeled. I have a 100% survival rate on plants I've ordered (8).

The plants are a good size for own-root rooted cuttings, meaning some varieties look small while others are more robust; all grow into vigorous plants. I repot my plants from the band size to a five gallon grower's pot and usually have blooms the first year.

I will continue to shop with Vintage Gardens.
Positive NewYorkRose
Bellport, NY
November 18, 2004
The nursery for the true rose lover! Extremely useful website, excellent catalog-as-reference. Oh, and the roses are wonderful too!
Positive moyesii
Long Island, NY (Zone 6b)
August 26, 2004
I recently placed 2 separate orders with Vintage Gardens of 9 roses each from their summer sale. I had a hard time narrowing down my selections for my first order, so a few days later I caved in and decided that I should just order all the ones that I wanted :) It's sometimes advised not to plant roses after late summer in zone 6, but it's actually my preferred time to plant roses. Even though a few might not survive, it's still worth it for me, because otherwise I would have too many roses to plant in the spring, and also it's worth it for the head start that the roses get from fall planting.

The plants I received from Vintage were humungous, very healthy own-roots in band-sized pots. I also bought some roses in their 1 gallon pots, which were quite impressive. When I took the rose "Matangi" out of the box I had to make sure that it wasn't 4 different plants bunched together, because it was so bushy and huge! I even took photos of it, because it was so beautiful and probably won’t always look that good in my own garden :( Some of the hand-painted roses like "Matangi" that I've tried to grow before have been difficult to establish in my garden and so I've been looking for larger specimens of them and this is definitely more than I could have hoped for.

Vintage Gardens really does have what must be the largest selection of roses in North America. It's an expansive catalogue and rather inspiring -- or tantalizing -- depending how you look at it. It's true that some of the hybrid teas in their catalogue are for collectors only and won't do well in my rose-challenged climate, but there are actually many garden-worthy hybrid teas, which they have that no other vendor offers. Some of these rarer roses really should be more widely grown and Vintage Gardens does a heroic effort of making them available to gardeners and keeping these plants from becoming "lost treasures". In particular, they have a lot of Sam McGredy's earlier hybrids, which I haven't seen offered anywhere else, and I am really excited to be able to grow these.

In addition to their online catalog, the website is a huge database of helpful information and the ordering process is completely user-friendly. I was also pleased with the order confirmations, the shipping schedule, and the excellent packaging. I have a lot of confidence ordering from Vintage.
Positive capitolhillrose
Washington, DC (Zone 7a)
August 14, 2004
I have been ordering from Vintage Gardens for about 3 years now. Our yard is filled with their roses, climbers and shrubs all over the place. The selection is outstanding and the service has been excellent. The packaging of the "bands" is fantastic. Some of the larger climbers I plant directly in the ground - others I pot-up into 1 or 2 gallon containers for a few months. The few I have ordered and no longer have were given to friends. Love to buy from Vintage, the website is easy to use and with their vast inventory, you can always find something to buy. I keep all the empty plastic "bands" from my purchases, and many now have cuttings in them started from the original plants received! This is my favorite place to order roses from, and they are all OWN-ROOT. Thanks for such wonderful offerings and hours of gardening enjoyment. I'll always be a customer of Vintage Gardens, they are awesome...!