The scoop on 'Marshalls Seeds'

Marshalls Seeds

Alconbury Hill
Huntingdon Cambs, PE28 4HY
(United Kingdom)

Phone: 01480 443390
Fax: 01480 443391
Paper Catalog Cost: Free

This company is affiliated with 1 company:This company offers a variety of seeds.

Comments:

Neutral missinfront
guildford
September 21, 2014
ISSUE IS, MARSHALLS DELIVERY TIMES, THEY PROMISE TO DELIVER BY X DATE, AND WHEN NOTHING ARRIVES, THEY ARE RELUCTANT TO TAKE THE BLAME, ITS ALLWAYS THE DELIVERY COMPANYS FAULT.

ITS HAPPENED TO OFTEN RECENTLY , AND I WILL BE VOTING WITH MY FEET AND LOOKING FOR A MORE RELIABLE SUPPLYER
Negative acemnalp
gateshead
June 24, 2014
i have used marshalls for a number of years and been very happy --- until this year, poor quality plants, plants dead on arrival, i was offered new plants,which i accepted ,but these were not the same varieties and still very poor quality!! , as i grow alot for exhibitions the different varieties were of no use ,and they did not say the replacement would be different.
the packaging was very poor with a lot of the plants just lying in the bottom of a box.
i will not be using this company again, its a great shame as as i said they "were" very good in the past
Neutral dave12313
peterborough
May 8, 2014
Posted on May 7, 2014, updated May 8, 2014
I was very disappointed with this company. Items were shipped on time , however, following a lengthy delivery period the vast majority of the items arrived dead; Don't both to send any emails to enquire if this issue will be resolved ... I received no replies ...... I would suggest visiting your local garden centre and actually see what you are purchasing
On May 8th, 2014, dave12313 changed the rating from negative to neutral and added the following:

- refund accepted
Negative anderson900
Cardiff
April 16, 2013
On the receipt for my order for two fruit trees there was a delivery promise of 3-5 working days. I'm still waiting for my order 7 working days after my order was received and paid for.

This company have a serious customer service problem. The woman I spoke to on the phone (who had a North American accent and made no apology for the delay) rudely told me she couldn't understand my accent (It's very mild Manchester) and that my fruit trees would arrive today. They didn't. If you want to deal with a rude and unreliable company I suggest you shop with this company. Otherwise try and find and someone else (there's plenty of competitors) who'll make you feel as though your custom is valued. I wish I'd read this page before being lured by their website.
Negative Grant11
Wiltshire
March 13, 2013
Made a order of around £90 = 3 deliveries.
2 of the deliveries were delivered with no problems.
The 3rd delivery however (a peach tree) was delivered to the wrong address!
And I do not mean a couple of houses down,
I mean the other side of town!
I recieved a call from the homeowner saying that a tree had been left outside her house! It clearly has the wrong address and clearly says to leave in back garden!
I apologised for the inconvenience caused and rushed round from work to pick the tree up.
When I finally spoke to Marshalls seed,
They told me I should have rang them to get it picked up and redelivered.
I told them that both the lady at the wrong address and myself had been inconvenienced enough and that my only first thought was to get this tree off her doorstep.
Marshall seed then offered me a voucher for the inconvenience (not metioning how much it would be for)
When I told them that because of what had happened and how they were handing the matter I did not wish to shop with them again, the responce I received was that she would talk to her manager.

I never heard back!!!!

Not even with a offer to refund my delivery charge!

Very poor customer service/delivery service on large items.

I will take my business elswhere!
Negative garden_wonders
May 3, 2012
Waiting for weeks for the delivery of products. Emails not being replied to. I have shopped with them before and now vaguely remember a similar issue dealing with them then too. Not sure why it takes them so long to ship the product and why their delivery partner takes so long to deliver. It is astounding considering they charge above the going rate for delivery. I think that Marshall Seeds will not be getting my custom again.
Negative CherrySummeTree
London
April 11, 2012
I ordered a cherry summer tree on 28th March 2012. After waiting almost two weeks for it to be delivered, I emailed them to say that I would now not be able to take delivery of the tree as I would be going on holiday later in the week. This was on the Easter bank holiday, so understandably did not receive a reply. I then got an email today (11th April 2012) to say that the tree had been dispatched.

I rang their customer services help line to explain the situation, and said that I had emailed on the weekend. I was blatantly told that I had not emailed them, blunty and rudely. No questions asked about when/where the email was sent, so as to seem helpful, just denial.

I was then told that the tree had been dispatched and there was nothing that could be done now. I asked why it had been sent so late when I was only able to plant the tree in late March or early April at the latest, according to their website. I was told that it was my fault as I had ordered the tree in late March. I pointed the woman to their own website where it states that items would be delivered at an appropriate time for planting, and if dispatch was not possible for 2 weeks then my order should never have been accepted. She then went on to tell me that I could plant the tree until July, I asked for confirmation of this in writing. She again lied and said that this was on their website, I asked for her to send me the link, I was told "no", I asked what she meant by "no", I was again told this was all on the website. I kept her on hold to check the information for this particular tree, and told her that what she was saying completely contradicted what was on their website. She then went on to tell me that I could plant the tree in April. I again asked where it stated this, and she randomly told me which address my tree would be sent to (!).

I have never before experienced customer service like this, where someone was so desperately trying to worm themselves out of their own lies and assumptions. I will now find a tree sat on my doorstep when I get back from holiday (if it is not nicked) and will inevitably have further trouble with it all.

Please please stay away and order from elsewhere. I chose to order from them as their website seemed professional, and they appeared very legitimate, but they will clearly do anything to get out of helping their customers when they point out their faults. SHOP ELSEWHERE.
Neutral jms452
Hertfordshire
March 26, 2010
I have previously been satisfied with Marshalls and would consider their seeds in-particular as high quality.

This and their ‘100% satisfaction guarantee’ lead me to purchase three apple trees from them for around £50. However on arrival one of the trees was very flimsy with a tiny rootball (i.e. would never have purchase if I’d seen if first), on the second had the union where the graft meets the rootstock only an inch above the roots (when Marshall’s own planting instructions indicate that it should be 6” above ground level) and the third was broken.

I rang Marshalls to take them up on their ‘100% satisfaction guarantee’ as was told to prune back the broken tree then plant them and see how they did. This does not leave me 100% satisfied as the reason I purchased Marshalls’ relatively expensive trees was to avoid wasting years on substandard trees.

When reviewing my experience on their website my reviews were never published so even when reading a good review I now wonder how many reviews they rejected!

In short their 100% satisfaction guarantee and the lack of poor reviews on their website should be taken with a pinch of salt.
Negative 0125bookreader
Aldershot
July 6, 2009
I wrote an e-mail to complain about a failed "grow your own potatoes "kit .I was then asked 3 questions to which i replied.I then received an e-mail to say that the failure was neither my fault or theirs,so therefore they would not do anything about it.I felt the e-mail to be very curt and unhelpful ,A good will gesture might have been nice as I spent a conciderable sum on the kit and the compost to fill it.
Positive martincentral
wendover
December 16, 2007
Having just started out I decided to order all my supplies from one company. I've found them to be brilliant delivering the goods at the correct time for planting which for a novice as myself is very useful, their website is full of useful information and tips. I recommend them.
Neutral lkav
London
September 4, 2007
The down side of Marshalls is that they are pricey and promote a lot of stuff that supposedly crops out of season. (in my experience it doesn't).
On the plus side they do supply onion sets for autumn planting and a decent range of over-wintering brasica plug plants.
I have never had any problems with delivery from them.
Negative Yorkstreetcat
Carlisle
May 4, 2007
Bloody awful service - take your money and dont deliver!
Company representative comment on December 17, 2007:

On Dec 17, 2007 8:33 AM, Marshalls Seeds added:

Hey - I just had this brought to my attention. Here at Marshalls, we pride ourselves in giving the best service in the industry - and I my staff are constantly encouraged to deliver the best. So, by next task is to contact the Yorkstreetcat and see what a) was unsatisfactory about our service, and b) we need to do to get him back as a staisfied customer.

We also have a 100% guarantee - accepting that weather and pests are beyond our control, anything that we do wrong we want to put right, and that's our promise - even if we need to send a replacement or a refund!