The scoop on 'J Parker Dutch Bulbs Ltd.'

J Parker Dutch Bulbs Ltd.

452 Chester Road

Positive janewoj
chelmsford
United Kingdom
February 27, 2008
Having bought our home sat in the middle of a very barren 1 acre plot I have shopped around for plants at various places but I must say that I do find J Parkers highly competitive and the quality of their plants is exceptional. My only frustration is the payment system which takes the money as items are despatched rather than at time of order so you never actually know when the money is coming out of the bank. However, I understand that this is due to change to make it easier for the customer to choose their payment option at time of order.
Negative emmamary
Swords, Co Dublin
Ireland
October 17, 2004
J.Parker Dutch Bulbs Ltd. I just read your shipping details.

Someone needs a lesson in geography as well as history.. Your first statement reads "all parts of the British Isles" You then exclude "southern Ireland, which is legally known as the Republic of Ireland (since 1922) and the Channel Isles.

It then can be assumed that you are shipping to Northern Ireland which is part of the UK as well as the British Isles? If you are able to ship to Northern Ireland or Ulster as it is also known, then why can't you ship to the RoI? Other UK companies have shipping costs for orders outside the UK.

Also, in conjuction with the "Irish Mirror", you offered bulbs to their readers. This is an Irish newspaper, printed in the Republic and read by the Irish public. This offer, was printed in £Sterling not euros and it does not include your postage and handling charges, much less that you will not ship to the Republic of Ireland. This information is found on your web page..

I look forward to your explanation.

Eva-Maria Busch
Swords, Co Dublin
Company representative comment on January 4, 2006:
I think Mrs Busch is a bit too sensitive. The Delivery instructions are quite clear below:

We deliver to all parts of the British Isles. We regret we are unable to dispatch our goods to Southern Ireland or the Channel Islands due to excessive freight costs.

At no point do we imply that Southern Ireland (Ire) is part of the British Isles. We are quite aware that the Republic of Ireland is a Republic and soverign state.

We have only highlighted that we do not supply to Southern Ireland as a number of UK mail order companies do.

We make it quite clear that we do not supply to Republic of Ireland, because it costs too much for us to send reletively low value consignments to the RoI. (often more than the sale price of the consignment)

Although we are the final supplier for many Mirror Promotions, we do not have control of where they choose to print their promotions. We do not actively advertise within the ROI and remove all addresses from the ROI from our Mailing List.

Although a forum is an superb way of exchanging views and information. I wish it was used a little more carefully by some people, so justified negative comments can be transparant among the infounded spat.