The scoop on 'Cool Roses'

Cool Roses

888 Chase Rd.
West Palm Beach, Florida 33415 (United States)

Phone: 561-684-2421

Catalog Order Page: Hyperlink
Paper Catalog Cost: n/a

Comments:

Positive Jackie13
Brooklyn, NY
September 4, 2013
I placed an order for an American Home rose. Unfortunately I was sent the wrong rose. My emails were answered promptly and I was very happy with the quick response I received. I will be receiving the correct plant shortly. They ship healthy large size roses at good prices. Will definately order from them again.
Negative AtlDave
Atlanta
United States
May 27, 2012
Ordered 4 roses in March 2012. Mr. Lincoln died. Sent dvd requestying replacement rose. Still waiting for replacement.
Positive Razor1
Kissimmee, FL
January 11, 2010
I found Cool Roses online last fall. I was looking for Florida Rose Nurseries. After several email and phone conversations I arranged to stop at the nursery on my way home from a conference in Ft. Lauderdale. Geoff was very patient and answered all of our questions with a casual yet knowledgable manner. I bought 6 and the teacher with me bought 1 too! !! After 3 months they are healthy and growing well. I will buy from Cool Roses again..
Neutral trulyro
Auburndale, FL
June 1, 2009
I placed an online order in the beginning of March. I was trying to find a vendor who grew roses on Fortuniana stock, since I live in Florida, and their nursery kept popping up. After a week, I received a reply email back. I called them at their request and left my contact information but never received a call back. I also didn't receive an email confirming the order or when I would expect them to be shipped. Two weeks after that, I received a box from Cool Roses, with "Just Joey," "Sunsprite," and "Sheila's Perfume." I was very confused because I never received confirmation that the roses would be sent, nor did I receive a total for the order. Tucked in the box was an order slip stating that payment was due upon receipt. It was handwritten and I noticed that several other roses I had initially ordered were crossed off. My husband called them (I was at work at this time) and spoke to them. We ended up paying for the roses they sent, even though I had since ordered from a different vendor since I never heard back from them.
Regarding the status of the roses, Sheila's perfume is doing well. It has lots of new growth and is already in the ground. Just Joey has blackspot, which concerns me because none of my roses have blackspot. I have it set aside in my side patio, away from my other roses. Sunsprite looks just like it did when I first received it. It hasn't grown any nor does it show signs of growth but it is still green, so I am thankful for that.
I really can't make up my mind on how to rate Cool Roses, so I'm leaving a neutral rating, although I will say that I won't order roses from them again.
Positive Tplant
Pembroke Pines, FL (Zone 10a)
March 30, 2008
About two weeks ago I went to "Cool Roses Nursery" and was absolutely amazed at the fantastic quality of their roses and the size of them. I purchased a Don Juan which was about three feet tall and loaded with buds plus two Chrysler Imperials and a Prosperity rose. Besides the fantastic quality of the roses, Geoff and Debbie are also excellent people to do business as they really gave me more than my moneys worth and I highly recommend them to others. Going back up again next month for more roses!
Positive CathysFlaRoses
Lake Worth, FL
February 15, 2005
I was lucky enough to visit their nursery. I was overwelmed with the variety of roses that they have. I decided on a Rose Tree and a Floribunda for now. Both are planted and growing well. They have fair prices and are a great help for growing roses here in the South Fla.
I look forward to my next visit.
Positive skatayama
Keyport, NJ (Zone 7a)
November 14, 2003
Geoff and Debbie Coolidge own and run this nursery. If you call, you will probably get one or the other. Since they do suggest that you call or email to confirm availability of varieties, you will get personalized service.

I had an initial order of eight ownroot roses. Some were smaller than others but all had well developed root systems and nice growth up top. A few were blooming upon arrival and a few would like to bloom right now. I've got them in the basement to ease them into the change of climate from sunny Florida.

They have ownroot and fortuniana grafted roses with decent shipping. While they ship, their focus is on roses that do well in Florida. Their list includes Hybrid Teas, Climbers, OGR's, Floribundas and Miniatures.

I am happy enough with my first order to plan on a second.

skatayama