The scoop on 'Just Joey's Roses'

Just Joey's Roses

PO Box 2608
Lodi, California 95241 (United States)

Phone: 209-931-1425
Fax: 209-931-1425
Paper Catalog Cost: n/a

Editor's Comment:
Closed February 2007.

The Garden Watchdog editors are sad to mark this company's entry as closed, and we extend our best wishes to Joey and Angie for success in their new endeavours!

Company Comment, posted on September 4, 2005:
It's with sad regret that Joey and I are announcing the closing of our small little rose business. We have both moved on to other things in our lives that require a lot of our time and attention. We are just not able to continue and do not want to continue if we cannot give you our best effort. We will be selling our remaining inventory this spring on Ebay. You can find us there. We thank all of our customers and appreciate having been one of the Watchdog Top 30 companies last year.

May your roses bloom in Abundance!
Much love from Angie and Joey

Comments:

Displaying the 50 most recent comments:

Positive Mary1NYS
Sherrill, NY (Zone 5a)
September 8, 2006
Ordered and received a healthy rose Hot Cocoa 2 weeks ago. Arrived about 20 inches tall with most soil, healthy leaves, and a bud on top about to bloom! I am very happy with Justjoeys!
Positive MagicsGarden
Phoenix, AZ (Zone 9b)
August 30, 2006
I just received my first order from this vendor and I have to say that she sells the best. I ordered a Pink Poodle miniature rose and it had a perfect blooming rose on it when I opened the box!
Positive bbinnj
West Orange, NJ (Zone 6a)
July 10, 2006
I ordered 1 Cl. Cecile Brunner & 1 mini Starina at the end of June, when most others won't ship roses. They came on July 8, maybe shipped a tad slower than usual due to July 4th holiday, understandable. I did receive notification that roses wouldn't ship until after July 4th. They arrived with moist potting medium, nicely packed, fully leafed. We planted them yesterday. I would buy from them again, earlier next time to get a different climber.
Positive carolrees
Arlington, VA (Zone 7a)
June 23, 2006
On 6/11/06 I ordered 5 miniature roses in a variety of colors and received 7 of them today in good condition with lots of follage with the dirt still moist. One of the roses was blooming.

Since I ordered at the end of the season when many companies will no longer ship roses apparently 3 of the roses I selected were out of stock. The owner wrote a nice message stating that she had tried to contact me by email about making substitutions and hadn't gotten a response (my fault) and had taken the liberty of making substitutions for the 3 that were out of stock. She also gave me 2 extra roses and stated that if I was dissatisfied with the substitutions that she would refund my money.

I'm very pleased with my experience and would order from them again.
On August 11th, 2006, carolrees added the following:

Most of them have now bloomed and look stunning.
Positive Idahoan
Boise, ID (Zone 6a)
May 27, 2006
How I wish there was a rating better than "Positive"!
I ordered Hot Cocoa over 3 months ago. Living in Idaho makes it necessary for a seller to hold items until warm weather arrives.
Angie had no problem holding the rose. "Hot Cocoa" arrived this week with 2 buds. The foliage was a healthy looking green and there were no broken stems. I am already looking for more roses to order. Even my husband commented on how nice this rose looked. We'll be back!
Positive cindasue
Los Angeles, CA
May 25, 2006
Oh, I love these roses!! They arrive quickly, they are healthy, they bloom in the most beautiful colors and have truly become my favorites. So I have-- and I will continue-- to order more of Joey's roses. A rose IS really a rose if it's from Joey's!!
Positive QuietVoice
Highland County, OH (Zone 6b)
May 3, 2006
I was wanting a Zephirine Drouhin climbing rose, and I found Just Joey's on GW with lots of positive comments, so I went ahead and gave them a look. On the website, I noted that they had numerous other interesting roses, so I ended up with a small order of a Zeph. D, Dragon's Fire mini, Joseph's Coat climber and Charisma.

Angie emailed back at first to warn me that she didn't have any Charisma starts ready, but she would do her best to get one by the time my zone was ready to be shipped. Long story short, I have the Charisma.

Wonderful customer service, even toward a such a small order! Prices are more than reasonable and she does indeed answer questions promptly. The roses arrived very healthy with new growth. I'm pleased and would not hesitate to order again.
Positive baylorcamper
Craigsville, VA
April 30, 2006
This was a great experience; the roses were flawless; very helpful emails regarding planting times; rapid shipment; I couldn't be more pleased with my order; I am on social security; reasonable prices were most important!! I will be a repeat customer.
Positive Northeastern
Weymouth, MA
April 28, 2006
I just received my first order of roses and they look very healthy. A quite satisfactory experience with Just Joey's.
Positive okiemudbug
Durant, OK (Zone 7b)
March 31, 2006
I just received my climbing Cecile Brunner from Just Joey's. She looks great as well. I've never experienced better customer service. Angie not only answers every e-mail, she never treats a dumb question like a dumb question. Next time though I will order from website instead of EBay for multiple discount and selection.
Prices were lower at Chamblees but plants came in mid-winter actively growing. Angie waits until after frost with dormant plants which saves a lot of time and effort sheltering tender foliage.

PS Still loved Chamblees but will be careful to specify shipping date in the future.
Positive dsuchman
Goleta, CA
March 24, 2006
I won an auction on eBay for a Cecile Brunner climbing rose. The plant arrived in great condition, ready to go out in the garden. The service was friendly and helpful; communication terrific. I will definitely be ordering from Just Joey's Roses again. They have been bookmarked!
Positive roseland2716
Brooksville, FL
March 12, 2006
I bought a rose from this seller and received good communication before and after the sale. The plant arrived well packaged and green. I will use this seller again. Thanks !!!
Positive KeithGCampbell
Kihei, HI
February 19, 2006
I'm new to growing roses but decided to start in a big way. I looked at several websites and then chose "JustJoey's" because of their rating.

Before I even ordered I sent a query with general questions about the right roses for my area, whether or not they would grow here and asked for advice. Angie's response came within 3 hours and had more information than I could have hoped for.

I then chose several roses and sent another query asking about which of those I'd chosen would grow well in my area and also which would grow the fastest. Not only did I get advice on planting and distance, but I received a list ranking the roses I'd chosen in the order of their rate of growth.

I ordered 16 roses, 1 bush and 15 climbing roses, they arrived earlier than I expected and each was safe and sound.

I can't say enough good about Angie and Nick and "Just Joey's Roses". It's the best gardening, internet and ordering experience I've had to date!
Positive ukwildcat1998
Mount Washington, KY
February 9, 2006
Very happy with my purchase. Shipping was fast and as expected. Look forward in doing business again.
Positive GardenLove
Big Bear City, CA (Zone 5a)
January 14, 2006
I am a repeat customer because Angie is excellent at what she does! Healthy roses at fair prices and responsive customer service and communication. Just Joey's Roses cares about the people they serve and wants you to enjoy a positive experience...that keeps me coming back!
Positive lyahdan
Davis, CA
July 22, 2005
I ordered a bit late in the season, but everything arrived healthy and ready to plant (the minis were blooming, they really wanted to get into the ground and go).

Angie answered all of my questions quickly, was able to supply alternates to some of my first choice plants that were already sold out for the season, and basically made the order process painless.
Positive PINNACLESALES
Fletcher, NC
July 8, 2005
Very Pleased... Roses were as expected. Coummuication with Angie was most informative and pleasant.

Thanks . will do business again.. Highly recommend.

Donald Wingate
Pinnacle Sales
Positive RosyRapture
Saint Louis, MO
June 20, 2005
Received a shipment of 16 roses from JustJoey's last week. I had had questions prior to placing the order, and Angie's immediate responses were much appreciated. I also felt the human touch--that I was dealing with a person that knew the roses intimately, rather than just through a computer screen or the pages of a catalog.

The roses arrived well packed and in excellent condition--the 12 Climbing Pinkies were monstrously healthy, and looked like they had not even traveled! John Davis was equally robust, Charisma had a gorgeous bloom, and the last two, although smaller, had excellent root structures. All in all, a reassuring, professional experience, and an EXCELLENT value for mail order, especially considering Angie offers free shipping on orders over $100--something I've never encountered before in ANY other mail order rose nursery.

Just Joey's does not have the largest selection of roses, but of the roses they DO offer, the majority are outstanding. I will definitely continue to order from this company in the future!
Positive specialangel
Redondo Beach, CA
May 31, 2005
Ordered two floribundas (Charisma and Hot Cocoa) received them within days, they are now both growing and blooming in my back yard.
Positive caroliec
Weaverville, NC
May 30, 2005
I was very impressed with the quality of the yellow rose plant I received in the mail, and how well it was packed. Travelling from California to North Carolina, it arrived in just a few days and looked very healthy. I will definitely do business with you again! Thanks also for such great communication !
Positive chipsterdoodle
Citrus Heights, CA
May 19, 2005
Angie has another satisfied customer in me. I ordered one Charisma rose bush. It arrived quickly and in excellent condition. It was the largest plant I have ever received by mail order.... I will certainly order from her again!
Positive braddaboxer
Princeton, KY
May 14, 2005
Just got a rose in the mail. Very healthy, fast shipping,just as described, couldn't be happier. Would not hesitate to order again. Thank You Very Much.
Positive CFRACR
Sarasota, FL
May 13, 2005
Purchased a rose from Angie the other day.
Rose was as promised & identified right away, being that it had a bloom on it already. I am totally satisfied with the transaction and would do business again. Nice to know that there are some good people out there doing good things.

Tom
Sarasota, FL.
Positive Windhaven
Galva, IL
May 9, 2005
I just received a climbing rosebush that I had ordered and I have to say it was the nicest rosebush that I have gotten by mail order. A large plant, well developed and perfectly healthy! I will be ordering again from this company and I recommend this company highly!
Thanks for such a nice plant!
Positive iansudano
Palm Springs, CA (Zone 11)
April 29, 2005
I am so pleased with the transaction and will buy again. Angie communicated whenever I had a question, I ordered 6 roses and 8 were delivered. They were backed very well and I am preping them as the included instructions said. I cant wait to get them in the ground and enjoy them in my garden.
I have a list on my desk of the next batch I am going to order. it is so cool to buy from an internet supplier who is ethical and business like.
Previously I had an experience with a BIG named floral group and the order was never correct or corrected, so I was trepadacious about ordering on line, and Angie proved me wrong to think that, I will buy from often and always and forget the horrible experience that the conglomerates dish out.
Angie you are the best thanks
Positive torisebastian
Syracuse, NY (Zone 5a)
April 21, 2005
Ordered Joseph's coat climbers. Quickly received healthy, well gorwn little plants that I can't wait to put out in my garden. Have ordered again (winter magic mini) because service and plants were so great.
Positive baccus7t
April 21, 2005
Very, very positive. Ordered roses last Fall and since I'm in zone 4 and fall planted roses don't do well here, the owner recommended growing the bare root roses in his green house over the winter.

They arrived yesterday in teriffic shape. They were well packaged and very healthy. They even had buds and excellent instructions on watering and progressive exposure to sunlight because of their long shipment. Planting instructions were also included.

This will not be my last order from this friendly business.
Positive sassyfras
Mount Juliet, TN (Zone 6b)
April 17, 2005
Quick shipping. Beautiful specimen of New Dawn rose. Also was very impressed with the speed of answers to questions about roses and to the advice I had asked for. I will definitely purchase from this company again, and I would recommend them to anyone wanting quality roses and email response.
Positive splashie
Interlaken, NY
April 14, 2005
Just Joey's Roses has my complete confidence!! The roses that I ordered from there not only were beautiful and in excellent condition, but the aroma was outstanding!! You can be sure that I will be a returning customer!! Thanks Joey's!! - Debi
Positive clockman54
Bonners Ferry, ID
April 13, 2005
I have bought several roses from Joey's Roses. I love the way they bloomed none stop last summer. When fall came I didn't have the time to cover any of the roses for the winter. The temprature went down to 17 degrees with no snow as ground cover. I was surprised when I went out early spring to check them. The tips of the roses is all that died back. All of the other roses not purchased from Joey's had died back and some could be dead.

Keep up the good work - I will be buying again.

Thanks for growing hardy roses.

Edie

Positive capitolhillrose
Washington, DC (Zone 7a)
April 3, 2005
I bought a Don Juan climber from Just Joey's Roses. I was aware of the website, but was searching in Ebay when I came upon auctions there (from Just Joey's) Bid and won. Service was excellent as was all communication. One of the nicest buying experiences I have ever had. The plant is healthy with substantial new growth. It should do wonderful this season. It's already potted-up and awaiting some warmer summer weather. Highly recomend for the quality of service alone. Very Pleased and will purchase again I am sure! Many Thanks - Jay
Positive conlips
Concrete, WA
April 1, 2005
I bid on a climbing Golden Showers rose on ebay. I have gotten several emails along the way to keep me completely informed on when my rose would arrive, what to expect, etc. Great communication! Rose arrived right on time for planting in my zone. A very positive experience.
Positive luvpinkroses
North Hollywood, CA
April 1, 2005
I purchased a New Dawn Climbing Rose from this company through mail, needless to say, the rose was packed professionally, arrived beautifully and VERY HEALTHY! Angie returned every e-mail I sent, and addressed any concerns or questions I had. I can't wait to see my first bloom!
Positive elorasmom
Princeton, TX (Zone 8a)
March 27, 2005
I couldn't find the Don Juan Climbing roses from the Texas Nurseries I usually buy from so I went searching for a place to fill my beautiful new ornate Iron antiqued arbor!!! I found Just Joey's Roses through this sight and gave them a shot!!

The website is well done in a very charming style and I found lots of information on the products and lots of roses I wanted to try!

Wouldn't you know it, when I got my roses, the box had been damaged in transit... (Looked like the box had been kicked! No kidding!) ANYWAY... All were okay except my Don Juan's who are broken all the way down to the roots! I was so upset! I immediately emailed Just Joey's and they were so kind, they are sending me 2 new Don Juan's roses out right away.

I am very pleased with my experience and would definitely buy from this company again!

Happy Gardening!! God Bless you!
Linda
Positive bonjourmcq
Mill Valley, CA
March 25, 2005
I highly recommend this seller. The product arrived in terrific shape, Angie, the seller, was very responsive and helpful to questions even before I made a purchase. I have purchased other roses on the net and this seller is the best.
Positive MGHTYDX
Ladera Ranch, CA
March 21, 2005
I ordered two miniature roses from Just Joey's. They arrived in beautiful shape and are growing very nicely.
Positive felldown
Ferndale, WA
March 21, 2005
I've ordered old garden roses from across the nation and the roses I've purchased from this seller have been superior in all aspects. I highly recommend this seller to buyers and I plan to be a repeat customer myself.
Positive cmozoo
Long Beach, CA
March 21, 2005
I was so thrilled with my first rose from Just Joey's Roses that I have ordered more! The rose plant was very healthy and happy and has continued to thrive. The roses are mailed so they spend only a night or two in the mail so arrive in great condition. I would certainly recommend buying roses from Just Joey's Roses.
Positive toriroseland
Camp Verde, AZ
March 19, 2005
I have purchased four rose bushes from Just Joey's Roses.
I am very happy with the roses I received. All arrived in excellent condition and were very well packaged for safety. The proper inspection papers were also attached to the packages. The communication from Angie was fantastic. I knew exactly when my roses were sent so I knew when to expect their arrival. An instruction/care sheet was sent with detailed instructions. I can tell with my transactions that Just Joey's Roses truly cares about their roses and their customers. I have purchased from other companies, two of the well known plus others, and the roses I received were bigger and in better shape than the other companies own root roses. When I need more roses I will get them from Just Joey's Roses. I highly recommend this company, Their roses are better, bigger, healthier than the well known company.
Positive 5starnurse
March 13, 2005
Got some beautiful 4th of July climbing rose plants- they were nice and large- came with simple instructions and are doing fantasic! I would buy from this seller again!!!