The scoop on 'Siskiyou Rare Plant Nursery'

Siskiyou Rare Plant Nursery

2115 Talent Avenue
Talent, Oregon 97540 (United States)

Paper Catalog Cost: Free

Visit Siskiyou Rare Plant Nursery at:

Comments:

Positive dave12122
East Haddam, CT
April 14, 2010
I had not dealt with Siskiyou in a few years. In the past, orders were always sent on the date I requested them, but the plants were on the small side. I am happy to note the specimens in my most recent order were HUGE in comparison, with deep root development. The only snag was that 5 species were not sent, due to "crop failure". It would have been helpful if those items were either taken off the on line listing or listed as a "crop failure". Then, I could have looked for them somewhere else. Otherwise, plants were sent the week I requested and arrived in 2 days through USPS!! (flat rate box).
Positive brickyard23
North Wilkesboro, NC
October 20, 2009
I ordered a Variegated Elkhorn Cedar and a Hebe from Siskiyou and I have to say that it was the quickest and easiest transaction that I've had in quite some time with a mail order nursery. Within just a few days of my order, I received my plants all the way from Oregon to North Carolina (lightning fast shipping!!!). The plants were perfectly packed and upon inspecting them they were healthy, full of vigor and first-rate. I would highly recommend Siskiyou for all of your rare plant needs. The website was easy to navigate and the communication was great. Thank you for a wonderful transaction!!!
Positive Cretaceous
El Sobrante, CA (Zone 9b)
December 7, 2006
I ordered three ferns from this company, and they called me the next business day to check that it was OK to ship them. The plants arrived a few days later, well packed and in great condition. Excellent service !
Positive bearsnflowers
Rogue River, OR (Zone 7a)
August 6, 2006
they are open for business at this time, be sure to check for hours and days, got my new catalog last week, bought a couple of very nice looking ceanothus and Lewisia. all doing great. new owners but still great.
Positive doghill6
Central Point, OR (Zone 8a)
February 1, 2006
I live near Medford and have been able to shop directly from the beautiful display gardens. However, the nursery in Medford is no longer open and someone else is operating it at a different location. The display garden is now private and open by reservation for certain events only. I don't have a current catalog and don't know what the new address is, or if the plant offerings are the same.
Company representative comment on December 10, 2006:

On Dec 10, 2006 4:16 PM, Siskiyou Rare Plant Nursery added:

Hello, I am Dale Sullivan, the new owner of Siskiyou Rare Plant Nursery. We have updated our address and phone information on this site. Also, for you local customers (or those traveling through), we are open to the public Wed-Sun 9AM to 4PM March 15 - November 15. We are installing new display gardens, so please drop by and have a look around. Our plant selection is similar, but we are trying to focus more on the rare and rebuild the stock of old Oregon natives. Also, we are striving to ship only large, well-grown, and well-rooted plants. Thank you all for your prior business, and we look forward to serving you well in the future.

Positive Zuzu
Sebastopol, CA (Zone 9a)
February 11, 2005
The fortunate recipient of a box of plants from this nursery will feel positively compelled to race to the computer and place another order. Here it is, only the beginning of February, and I've already received two orders. If this keeps up, I'll have to buy more land.

The plants are as carefully packaged as little objets d'art. Most of them are are little, because most of them are alpine and rock garden plants, but their root systems are huge. The moisture-lovers are lovingly wrapped in peat moss, like Mediterranean gourmet delicacies. I always get hungry when I unpack them.

Replies to customer queries are speedy and complete. The selection of plants is amazing, including many rare and hard-to-find items. Prices are low. Delivery is quick. No traces of pest damage or discoloration on the leaves. What more could anyone ask?

Positive psychloman
Brooklyn, NY (Zone 7a)
August 25, 2004
I received my first order from siskiyou today and the plants were very well packed with extensive root systems. These are among the healthiest, best looking plants I've ever received. The professional way in which the bareroot plants are wrapped must be seen to be believed. These guys take incredible care with the plants they send. I would not hesitate to order from them again.
Positive blueschiz
Landenberg, PA (Zone 6b)
April 8, 2003
I was concerned about the size and condition of the plants when they arrived because they were pretty small and quite dormant, but once I potted them up I had to get out of the way! The were rarin' to go and quickly filled out into some of the most beautiful mail order plants I've received to date. Highly recommended!
Positive northeastwisc
Northeastern, WI (Zone 4a)
April 10, 2002
Just received my first order from Siskiyou. Plants were shipped on time; very well wrapped and packaged. Plants have large root systems and are doing nicely. Responsive and courteous service. Rare plants at reasonable prices. I highly recommend them.
Positive SiberianIris
Paducah, KY (Zone 6a)
March 19, 2002
Ordered from them last year and the plants were wonderful.
Very healthy and have survived our winter here. Very nice
to deal with. Prices are not bad either they have some hard
to find plants.
Positive dianarcundell
Philadelphia, PA
January 1, 2002
My husband and I moved into our first house last June and ordered a large number of plants from this company, mostly because they were unavailable through other retailers. Although Siskiyou does not offer large replacement guarantees (plants have to have died during dispatch or following 5 days of receipt) they are worth buying from. The plants arrived well packed and all except two gentians died (we ordered 18 plants). I will be ordering from them again this spring mostly because of the success with their products and also because they are a small courteous operation.
Positive LanceFricken
July 1, 1997
Excellent selection for rock garden enthusiasts, with excellent customer relations.