The scoop on 'Woodhenge Gardens (Jim Murphy's Piedmont Perennials)'

Woodhenge Gardens (Jim Murphy's Piedmont Perennials)

3191 Plank Road
North Garden, Virginia 22959 (United States)

Comments:

Positive Ispahan
Chicago, IL (Zone 6a)
September 13, 2013
Amazing experience with this first class source of unusual daylilies! Margo Reed and Jim Murphy are two of the best daylily hybridizers I know of and their idea of what makes a good daylily matches my own: tall, strong scapes, large flowers, clear colors, lots of unusual/cascade/spidery flower forms, and many late season bloomers. I just received my first (somewhat large) order today and I was amazed to find many huge multiple-fan clumps instead of the usual 2-3 fan divisions that most other places send. They were even generous with their new and recent introductions! Included with the order were 3 incredible bonus plants of truly exceptional quality. To top it all off, both Margo and Jim are quick to respond to e-mails and provided me with many suggestions of cultivars that I might have otherwise overlooked. After these beauties settle in for a season or two, I have no doubt they will be show stoppers. These ain't your grandma's daylilies!
Positive TammyY
Knoxville, TN
July 19, 2013
This was my first time buying from them and I will most certainly be back! The clumps they send are outstanding and they are generous with their bonus plants as well. These are about the largest daylilies I have received via mail order. Super nursery to deal with!
Positive gardengrl_z7
Richmond, VA
May 31, 2013
Absolutely wonderful! I have been buying from Woodhenge for a number of years and am always delighted by my purchases from them. The plants are large - much larger than usual mail order daylilies - and extremely healthy and vigorous. They also have a great selection of daylilies, from new just-released varieties to some of the older Stout hybrids. BTW, those old Stout varieties are wonderful garden plants, don't pass them by just because they are not "new"!

Woodhenge is also a great source for "unusual form" daylilies - spiders and others of that sort.

Really great buying experience every time, and I will surely continue to buy daylilies from Woodhenge.
Positive daylily970
Coshocton, OH (Zone 6a)
March 4, 2009
ordered from them in the spring and fall of 2008. received very healthy plants. they send great bonuses. Great prices, packaging, and communication.
Positive jrwbirds
Elberfeld, IN (Zone 6a)
May 8, 2008
absolutely wonderful folks - very generous fan counts, excellent bonus plants, too. quick to reply to e-mail communications. HIGHLY recommended
Positive tsneal
Hebron, IN
October 8, 2007
Absolutely wonderful people!! Great communication and very generous! Plants shipped were amazing!!! I cannot say enough about how pleased I was with my experience....truly a delight! Certainly the first place I will shop in the future!

Stephanie
Positive larlienda
Strasburg, VA (Zone 6b)
June 15, 2007
I purchased a daylily (future intro) from Jim on the LA for a fundraiser. He was very generous and included a very nice bonus. Communication was great and i look forward to future purchase when time & space allow :-)

Thanks!
Lynda
Positive Tree_Climber
Brown City, MI (Zone 5a)
August 10, 2006
I recieved my first Daylily order from Jim Murphy today and I'm a Happy Customer.

I recieved many extra fans and a wonderful bonus of one of Jim's 04 introductions. TAKE A WALK

Nice healthy plants, and very quick shipment.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

Thanks again Jim!
Kathy
On August 10th, 2006, Tree_Climber added the following:

Wanted to add that "TAKE A WALK" is one of Eric Murphy's ......... looks like a beauty, can't wait to see it bloom.
Positive Jazzpunkin
Springfield, OH (Zone 5b)
June 28, 2006
I ordered from Jim and Margo for the first time this year and the entire experience was great! The plants were very nice and the communication was good. Plants are all doing well and they sent a huge bonus plant that was more expensive than any of the single dl's I ordered! I was stunned. Highly recommended
Positive hummer10
Shawnee Mission, KS
May 18, 2006
Yesterday I received my order. All were multiple fans.
Very generous. Highly recommended.
Positive se_eds
Millersburg, PA (Zone 6b)
April 27, 2006
I have just finished planting my new plants from Jim Murphy and Margo Reed. They sent big healthy clumps and included an expensive bonus with my order. Jim and Margo are great to work with, they willingly share their extensive knowledge and take pride in producing gorgeous plants.

I will order from them again with confidence.
Positive doss
Stanford, CA (Zone 9b)
April 17, 2006
I have purchased plants from the Reeds two times now. Each time the plants were in great health and came with a wonderful gift daylily. The daylilies from last year are thriving. Highly recommended.
Positive ownedbycats
Southern, NH (Zone 5b)
August 10, 2005
I ordered some of Margo Reed's daylilies. She was very quick to return my email and confirm my choices were still available. The plants were shipped out very quickly, and most of the plants were triple fans and greater, with one being a 5 fans clump!

I am very happy with my order and already planning for next years introductions.
Positive Melissa_Ohio
Southwestern, OH (Zone 6b)
May 4, 2005
Jim is an absolute delight to work with, very kind and generous. The plants are beautiful and healthy, I only wish I'd placed a larger order!!
Positive jenny_tayler
southampton
United Kingdom
November 28, 2004
Bought some Daylilies to be sent to England. They were extreemly helpful and I was delighted with the size of the fans . Very healthy plants, brilliant freindly and helpful service.
Positive JWB
Silver Spring, MD (Zone 7a)
February 24, 2004
I ordered a few daylilies last spring and was pleased with the size and health of the plants I received. All of the plants bloomed and were the correct varieties. I received as a bonus one of the plants I had suggested as a possible substitute.