The scoop on 'Eartheart Gardens'

Eartheart Gardens

1709 Harpswell Neck Road
Harpswell, Maine 04079 (United States)

Phone: 207-833-6905
Fax: 207-833-6905
Paper Catalog Cost: $2.00

Visit Eartheart Gardens at:

Comments:

Positive pirl
(Arlene) Southold, NY (Zone 7a)
January 20, 2013
Posted on September 20, 2008, updated January 20, 2013
What a joyous experience to visit Sharon Whitney and her beautiful gardens. We went to the Open Garden Day for Japanese Irises on July 13th and purchased several JI's, which have all increased in size greatly by today, Sept. 20, 2008. Sharon was most helpful and showed me step by step how to hybridize a JI. It was a wonderful experience and certainly was worth the trip from Long Island to Maine just to see Eartheart Gardens.

We plan on going again next year.
On January 20th, 2013, pirl added the following:

In the fall of 2011 Sharon sent beautiful and generous divisions of more Japanese irises. I couldn't be more pleased. They all bloomed and are glorious. The bonuses were wonderful as well.
Positive ghoward60
Kennebunk, ME
June 9, 2012
I was stunned with the negative response because of shipping charges. REALLY??!! I have been buying irises from Sharon for a very long time & have had nothing but positive experiences with Sharon & all her helpers. They are all very willing to help & the irises are beautiful & healthy & multiply in size at a very fast rate. I have never lost an iris purchased at Eartheart & they are lovely. I live very close (Kennebunk, ME ) so I go to at least one of her open gardens almost every year- never a bad experience.
Positive silverkelt
Waterboro, ME
August 4, 2010
Met with Sharon, she offerered her time up and we chatted for a few minutes. Lovely Iris, she had no problem changing my order after I had put it and wanted something else.

I dont know why you would leave a negative based on shipping costs!

Ive backed out of a #of orders from companies including seed companies after discovering I didnt like thier shipping, I contacted them directly and got it reduced. Ive also paid alot on shipping if I really wanted something and the company wasnt able to budge. Shipping is expensive now.

Silverkelt
Negative Iris_Place
Saint Charles, MO
February 14, 2010
I have not order but was compiling an order when I when to the shipping page and it told me my shipping was $20 dollars because I live west of the Mississippi? So some one on the other side of the river, 10 miles, only pays $10, east of the Mississippi. It does cost any extra to send here and they are just taking advantage of customers, I'll go to the other dealers in Maine that charge 7 or 8 dollars to ship a few Iris to Mo.
Positive kivariver
Ipswich, MA (Zone 5b)
February 12, 2005
Several of the best ensata iris plants added to my garden last year came from Eartheart - everything about my experience with this company was wonderful. Great plants, great shipping, lovely people. I highly recommend them and I'm already picking out my 2005 plants.
Positive poppysue
Westbrook, ME (Zone 5a)
April 26, 2004
I haven't mail ordered with Eartheart because I live close enough to to pick up orders there. The place is fabulous and her irises are gorgeous. Sharon Whitney is a real sweetheart and a pleasure to deal with. I wouldn't hesitate to buy from her again.

If you are ever in the New England area I'd suggest you try to make one of the open garden days for peak bloom season. Siberians are usually toward the end of June and the Japanese are mid July. It's a real treat to see these beauties in all their glory! Dates for the open garden are always published in the plant list.