The scoop on 'Agrestal Organic Heritage Seed Company'

Agrestal Organic Heritage Seed Company

P.O.Box 646
Gormley, Ontario L0H 1G0 (Canada)

Fax: 905-888-1881

This company offers a variety of seeds.

Comments:

Positive MattM
Vancouver
April 5, 2007
Overall I had a very positive experience dealing with Agrestal. I found their collection to be quite unique and interesting with many varities that I wouldn't be able to find here in Vancouver. I placed my order March 8 and received the seeds on March 30th. Considering that they clearly state on their website that they take a little longer to ship than most other seed companies and the fact that they promptly responded to an email I sent them, I have to say that I was quite satisfied with the level of customer service I received. I would definately order seeds from them again in the future!
Negative OttawaGardener
Ottawa
March 10, 2007
I ordered Feb 1st and have still not received my order. Amoung other seeds, I ordered peppers so by the time they arrive (hopefully next week), it will just be in time to start them. I like to start my peppers in March. Grrr...
Neutral kimpossible
Mount Elgin
April 23, 2006
I ordered 2nd week of March, 2006, and didn't receive my order until 3rd week of April, 2006! 5 WEEKS! It was a good thing my order consisted of corn, beans, etc. and nothing that had to be started earlier (I had ordered my tomatoes from other companies).
They did enclose an apology for delay and a vow to improve their "busy season" order-filling, and they did offer the option via an e-mail msg to cancel order if the arrival of order was going to be too late for me.
Otherwise, order was accurate. Selection is good. Will give them a chance again next year.
Positive lawndaisies
Ottawa
July 13, 2005
I placed a small order for veggie seeds for the fall on July 7, and they arrived on July 12. The web site was easy to use (though a bit slow), with good descriptions of the seeds, and indicated which were sold out. Prices are excellent for certified organic seed, and shipping is reasonable ($5 for Canada Post). Each seed pack includes the packing date, and a % germination test result, which is interesting. Seed packs and correspondence appears to be on recycled paper.