The scoop on 'Howe Seeds'

Howe Seeds

PO Box 496
McLaughlin, South Dakota 57642 (United States)

Comments:

Positive SherrySKennedy
Hillsdale, WY
January 28, 2011
Very fast service, affordable prices, good seed quantity... I ordered Howe's six pound bag of Hard Red Spring Wheat. It arrived very quickly & was packaged well. I thought the price was very reasonable; $12.00 for 6 lbs. plus $8.00 for shipping. The product was also available in a three lb. bag.

The only thing that was unclear on their website was whether or not their barley seed was for human consumption. It seemed to be marketed toward people interested in water purification straw. I might have bought the barley as well if there was more information, because I am much more interested in baking bread than water treatment. I might still buy some to plant in the fall.

I would definitely buy from this company again. They also carry flax, oats, soy, rye & hairy vetch in addition to the wheat & barley.