The scoop on 'Katz Kuntry Kuttins'

Katz Kuntry Kuttins

770 Willie Clark Rd
Pineville, Louisiana 71360 (United States)

Phone: 318-787-4420

Visit Katz Kuntry Kuttins at:

» Like them on Facebook
This company is affiliated with 1 company:This company offers a variety of plants.

Company Comment, posted on July 2, 2009:
Hey everyone,
We're working on adding to our line. Send me an email and let me know what types of plants you're looking for!
Spring will be here before we know it and then it's time to play in the dirt! :O)

Comments:

Displaying the 50 most recent comments:

Positive lilaclily
Lombard, IL (Zone 5a)
May 22, 2014
Based on the reviews here, I ordered 2 brugmansias. I was skeptical of the size I would be getting for the price, but I'm always happy to nurture a baby until it gets bigger.

I received my order 3 days after placing it. The brugs were wrapped and packaged well and the size of them impressed me. Later on when I planted them, I was struck by the great root systems on both of them. Very happy with my purchase! Now I wish I had the room to grow more brugs, I'd love to order more!
Positive leafhopper007
May 19, 2014
Purchased a bunch of different bearded irises for work last year. They were sold out of some of the ones I wanted but what they did have was fantastic and a bargain! Arrived in good condition and beautiful. Would order again.
Positive dg27
Sunnyside, NY
July 13, 2013
Plants very received quickly and in fine shape.
Positive Mockingbird5
St Petersburg, FL
June 15, 2013
I ordered 3 Brugmansia plants from Kathy that arrived in excellent condition. The plants are big and beautiful...very pleased with my order. Thank you!
Positive steveremell
Arlington, TX
June 13, 2013
Plants arrived quickly, packed great, and are growing. Thanks Katz Kuntry Kittins! I'll be buying from you again.
Positive LyndaAB
Union, KY
June 12, 2013
I ordered a white oleander on Monday and it arrived on Wednesday, less than 48 hours later! Packaging was excellent, plant was much bigger than expected, and appears quite healthy. Will definitely order again!
Positive katow
Bowie, MD
June 5, 2013
I ordered two pink-and-gold honeysuckle vines. They were shipped promptly and arrived in great condition.
Positive bignateyk
Port Matilda, PA
May 31, 2013
Philodendron and Passionflower both arrived quickly and in great condition.
Positive kafka00
Alexandria, LA (Zone 8b)
May 22, 2013
Fast service, big beautiful blue passionvine (Passiflora caerulea) in the gal size at a very good price. I can recycle the styrofoam peanuts at a type of Mailboxes, Etc. store. Very happy with the plant!
Positive Soplete
Palacios, TX
May 22, 2013
Rapid contact. Fast shipment. Item as described. Adroitly packed. AAA+++

My experience with this vendor is certainly better than dealing with the intricacies of DG website. It's overly complicated!
Positive Sbsalsa
Linton Hall, VA
May 12, 2013
I thought the price and reviews were too good to be true, but I ordered 9 Frostproof Gardenias and BOY were they BEAUTIFUL when they arrived! Not a leaf out of place and all stems intact! I am unbelievably pleased with this purchase - the plants were larger than expected and came packed with care! These plants are better and far less expensive than the ones at the huge nursery down the street. I highly recommend this vendor and will order again - if I can find any more room in my yard!!!
Positive Gourd
Mesilla Park, NM
March 25, 2013
Posted on May 25, 2012, updated March 25, 2013
Very satisfied with the four brug plants here, which were very well rooted, thick and woody plants, and not only were they well rooted but also much larger and taller than I expected. They were very well packed and I couldn't be more pleased. Communications were key here with me, since I had given her the wrong address to ship to, and then she had to re-ship the plants.

I would definitely purchase from this company again.
On March 25th, 2013, Gourd added the following:

This second order arrived in great shape, these Brugs were potted up last week and they are doing great and have started showing more growth. Thank you again for some well rooted plants.
Positive ransom3
Zephyrhills, FL
March 22, 2013
I ordered a Lion's Ear, Leonotis leonurus from this compapany just a few days ago. What a beautiful plant they sent. Full with much branching and healthy leaves. It was packed very carefully and I don't think it lost a single leaf in transition. A few weeks ago I ordered a Justicia sp., Mexican honey suckle, from K.K. too. It is growing and doing beautifully even with the cooler than normal weather. This company deserves its ranking as one of the best. It certainly is. Of course, I highly recommend them.
Positive granturk
Las Vegas, NV
August 9, 2012
I ordered two Osmanyhus Fragrans, got an e-mail telling me when they shipped and how. When they arrived yesterday I understood the disclaimer on the web page about not guaranteeing USPS damage. Despite the shipping triangle tube being crushed and two sides completely severed, the plants were so well packed that they were healthy and undamaged. Much larger plants than expected, too. Now to see if I can keep them alive in Las Vegas' climate.
Positive BobLI
Massapequa, NY
July 6, 2012
I ordered a few passiflora vines. All arrived promptly via priority mail, in moist soil. All have been planted, and are starting to cling to a pole or trellis. I'd definitely order from Kuntry Kuttins again.
Positive Me_eee
Pleasanton, TX
June 23, 2012
I purchased one split leaf philodendron.......arrived early, in great shape, little small, but, it is only one year old. Beautiful, hope it grows as gorgeous as the one I had stolen did! Thanks!
Positive TruckeeCA
Truckee, CA
June 5, 2012
I ordered a foxtail fern and was very pleased with the value of the purchase along with the quality of the plant. Service was prompt and although there was confusion about the mailing address, Kathy immediately corrected the situation once it was brought to her attention. In addition, I was impressed with her quick e-mail correspondence. I would recommend this seller.
Positive bingo2005
Providence, RI
April 27, 2012
Posted on March 21, 2011, updated April 27, 2012
First time buyer based upon comments made by previous purchasers.I couldn't be more pleased with the results of my purchase.The brugs were twice the size [about 18" tall and well rooted] compared to other brugs I have purchased from other mail order companies.Well packaged,healthy plants.Also got lime-green potato vines,good size bushy plants.Will definitely purchase more product.Thanks Kathy.
On April 27th, 2012, bingo2005 added the following:

Received this years order of brugs about a month ago.I was shocked when I opened the box.The plants were all defoliated.Found out UPS had delayed my shipment 1 day which put the plants in UPS warehouse for the weekend.Not good.I emailed Kathy at KKK and first appogized for the incident but didn't know why UPS did this.She instructed me not to worry and told me how to care for the brugs in this condition.I happy to report the plants are thriving now.Thanks Kathy
Positive maile2010
Cold Spring, MN
April 27, 2012
Recieved 9 Brugmansias that were very well packaged for shipping, excellant sized roots and large plants. Would recommend this seller to everyone. Very well satisfied.
Jerry, Central MN.
Positive hlthcr2000
Chadds Ford, PA
April 11, 2012
Received two Sweet Olive and one Gardenia Frostproof. Good root balls, healthy stock and well packed. I order a lot and will order here again; this was my first order. Her Hibiscus look especially tempting!
Positive EveningStar
Oakwood, TX
April 11, 2012
This was my first order from Kathy, but I'm sure it won't be my last. The prices and shipping charges were reasonable, her communication was excellent, and my plants arrived quickly and in great condition. They were healthy, good-sized plants, and I can't wait to see them growing in my garden!!
Positive BDE
Mont Belvieu, TX
April 4, 2012
Received my order today..plant was in good shape.The shipping box was great and plant had a good root ball.
Thanks !!!
Positive cappa
Arlington, VA
March 16, 2012
I bought 3 "Frost Proof" gardenias. They were packaged in an appropriate container. The leaves were healthy and non of the stems were broken.The plants looked just like the one I have in my garden. I'm excited to add these 3 to my garden and I will HAPPILY shop with this vendor again!
Positive pinkswine
Lake Oswego, OR
March 14, 2012
The Serotina Honeysuckle I ordered arrived quickly. They were packaged well and look healthy and happy! Thanks again Kathy!
Positive njjpl
Pequannock, NJ
March 8, 2012
My plants arrived healthy and happy, good size plants. Good communication. Will order in the future.
Positive tajataja
Hull,Ga, GA (Zone 8a)
March 7, 2012
Ordered 2 Frost Proof Gardenias.They arrived promptly, after I was notified via e mail of their shipping. Both plants were large and had great root systems. I will order from this company again.
Negative drdrpatricia
Jacksonville, FL
July 13, 2011
I ordered two Princess plants which arrived promptly. They were spindly with very little root which was wrapped in plastic wrap. The plants were wrapped in newspaper, no containers. I planted them anyway. As expected one plant did not show any signs of survival. Miraculously the other is still alive. When I contacted Kathy her reply was, "I only guarantee that they arrive alive. What happens after that is up to you." In my view a plant that won't grow is dead no matter what color it is on arrival. I won't be ordering from this supplier again.
Company representative comment on July 13, 2011:
On Jul 13, 2011 1:02 PM, Katz Kuntry Kuttins responded with:

When someone "quotes" me, they should at least "quote" what I said. I did not say "what happens after that is up to you" ... here is copy and paste from my email "I refund or replace any plants which may arrive doa (unless it's USPS or FedEx's fault). I have no control over plants after that.
Please review my "information" page on my website "http://www.katzkuntrykuttins.com/information.htm".
I haven't received any complaints about any of my plants that have been purchased and all of the ones I have here are all growing fine. If there was something wrong with a particular variety, it would be more than one of them and I would go above and beyond to send refunds."
You have had them for a month ... I do not have control over how someone takes care of them ...I received the plugs in January and it's now July, yes they had good root balls ... I have been shipping the same way for almost 10 years, everyone seems to like how I package them.
You won't be ordering from me again ... that's your prerogative.
I grow plants because I love them and I would never send out crappy plants.

Positive Passionflowerz
Punta Gorda, FL (Zone 9b)
June 24, 2011
I ordered 5 plants in mid April. Although it took her over 2 weeks to ship to me (I was oh-soooo waiting-and impatient!) they all arrived (with an email to let me know they were on the way) very healthy, of excellent size, and one already to bloom. What I liked the most was the care taken in packing, and the fact they are disease and insect free. I waited a while to post just to be sure.
I didn't like the 'wait' but also understand she is small, most likely does this work herself, and would definitely recommend ordering from her to anyone. Like I said, I'm an impatient person, and if it took her two weeks to be sure I got what I did, well worth it. Thanks Kathy, they're beautiful!
Positive mimip
annapolis
United States
June 16, 2011
I ordered 2 Frost Proof Gardenias. Received them in pretty good shape. Gave them some water & the plants were is good shape. Thanks & will use you again.
Positive xisting4u
Midland, MI
June 14, 2011
I ordered from her last year and got 6 passifloras in good shape. I was glad to support this individual and the price is great to me. I may be ordering from her within the week.
Positive emmeline843
Shreveport, LA
June 9, 2011
I placed my order on Tuesday morning, received an email that the plants had been shipped on Wednesday, by 11:00 a.m. on Thursday, the package had been delivered. They were well packed in newspaper and appear to be healthy, in good condition and larger than plants I have previously ordered from other companies. I am very satisfied with my order. Thank you.
Positive acngjnyc
Flushing, NY
May 30, 2011
Odered 3 Gardenia "Frost Proof" and they were wonderful.
The fragrance is great. Will be buying another two soon.

No problem with vendor.

Jan - NYC
Positive melvatoo
Denton, TX (Zone 7a)
May 29, 2011
I ordered four passion flowers, they arrived in good condition and are nice plants...I am very pleased and will order from Kathy again.
Thank you very much!
Melva
Positive GardenerAZ
Tempe, AZ
May 25, 2011
My passiflora vine arrived just fine. I'm very happy and would do business again.
Positive mysticalmary
Albany, OR
May 23, 2011
My passion flowers came in excellent shape. I know I will shop at your store again.
Negative bwomble
Richmond, VA
May 21, 2011
I ordered a fox tail fern as a gift. When the fern arrived, it was in very poor shape - many of the fronds had fallen off in the box and most were yellow. It had clearly been shipped in very poor condition and when I contacted the company this was their response:
Hi there,
I guarantee my plants not to be doa. They leave here healthy with a large rootball. Of course plants are going to be stressed a bit being stuck in a dark box for a week. The only perfect mailorder plant is a silk one. Some yellow is not a big deal, just pluck them off ... the plant is fine, new fronds will sprout back out.
Plants should immediately be placed in a container of water to rehydrate in a shady spot when opened.
Kathy

I will not be purchasing from Kathy again

Company representative comment on March 31, 2012:
On Mar 31, 2012 6:10 AM, Katz Kuntry Kuttins responded with:

I'm sorry, but it's not possible for that fern to have mostly yellow fronds in a few days shipping ... they are extremely hardy and I could throw one out in the yard and it would be a few weeks before it turned yellow. Those plants don't even need to have the rootball kept moist in shipping, but I wrap them anyway.
I'm sorry you are so unhappy.

Positive Penkota
Williston, ND
May 20, 2011
Recieved my plants today. They are great!! Very large healthy plants!!
Positive jtshippee
Los Angeles, CA
May 19, 2011
i ordered 4 passiflora "passion vines" that arrived very healthy in overnight mail. excellent service. highly recommended. thank you!
Positive happymom717
Saint Augustine, FL
May 18, 2011
Plants arrived in good condition. We lost our night bloomimg plant this past winter because of the winter freeze. Glad to have a replacement. Very pleased.
Positive greenthumb61
Phoenix, AZ (Zone 9b)
May 2, 2011
No complaints. I received my Brugmansia quickly and in good health.