The scoop on 'Earth Star, Inc.'

Earth Star, Inc.

2220 Gay Evans Rd.,
Winchester, Kentucky 40391 (United States)

Phone: 859-737-2634
Fax: 859-737-2905

Comments:

Positive TuddyE
Georgetown, KY (Zone 6a)
September 11, 2005
Very helpful, even though I placed a really small order. My computer has been acting up, and something got left off my order. After a rambling message on their machine, I was e-mailed they would add my item without any problem. The order came very quickly, was packed well, and was just what I had wanted. I would definitely order from them again when I need special items like the daylily tags or small cups they have available. Very unique items at reasonable prices.
Positive sadie_mae
Central, KY (Zone 6b)
February 13, 2005
I called to place an order and everything went very smoothly. I received my order quickly, would not hesitate to order again.
On March 23rd, 2007, sadie_mae added the following:

Another transaction! Ed is very prompt in shipping, extra nice person.
Positive dimar
Visalia, CA (Zone 9a)
May 31, 2004
Very nice set for hybridizing. Just what I needed. Ed is very helpful and he shipped my order out super fast. Thank you so much for the extras too. Highly recommended! *****
Positive susxmedic
Harbeson, DE (Zone 7b)
February 20, 2004
Outstanding hard-to-find and unique tools for daylily and plant hybridization. I have used his wire hybridization kit and I highly recommend it to others. No slowing down to write on tags, just twist and go on to the next plant. Reasonable prices and for me has been great to deal with: Nice to talk to, quick shipping on approx 5 orders now, even drove to his supplier to get an item I had ordered and he had run out of---still arrived by the end of the week! Once again, I have had nothing but positive dealings with Earthstar.
Positive poppysue
Westbrook, ME (Zone 5a)
February 19, 2004
Earth Star has some unusual, specialty items for the hybridizer that are otherwise difficult to find. I placed my order and recieved it 3 days later. Wonderful service and a great source for hybridizers!
Positive Melissa_Ohio
Southwestern, OH (Zone 6b)
February 11, 2004
I've bought supplies from them on 2 separate occasions.
He's a nice person, but shipping is slow, and he seems to have a lot of trouble with his checkout system.
Each time I've had problems,shipping or otherwise (months from each other) he's said that he had something come up, and had to go out of town (explaining slow shipping) or that he didn't understand why his system didn't work for me.

Overall, I am very pleased with the products he offers, and if he could get it together with his shipping/Checkout, I'd be inclined to give him another order.

I don't think that he would intentionally not send the product, I think he's just a little slow about it sometimes. If you're not in a hurry, I highly recommend him. If you need it quick, go elsewhere.

On July 19th, 2004, Melissa_Ohio changed the rating from neutral to positive and added the following:

I decided to give Earthstar another try. The shopping cart issues have been fixed, it worked perfectly, shipping was super quick! Placed order on Friday, received on Monday!

Company representative comment on February 12, 2004:
With the first order, there was a problem with PayPal. I
missed the payment notification, which caused a delay on my part. The second time, the Shopping Cart would not take her card. Don't know why, as card is not processed at that time, just submitted. The shipping costs calculated a little high because Real Time shipping was not on...only additive costs per item. Shipping costs are always corrected, if necessary.

She wanted to order more. My father passed away at this time, and I was not home that often. So we didn't make contact. When we did, I shipped her order with total cost due, 12 days after initial order. I did not receive payment until 2 weeks later. That was after I had to notify her I had not been paid. The Real Time shipping calculator has finally been fixed by the tech team. I've been selling on the internet for 5-1/2 years and have a reputation for prompt shipping and excellent customer service.