The scoop on 'Annie's Annuals and Perennials'

Annie's Annuals and Perennials

Annie's Annuals and Perennials has 2385 products listed in PlantScout.

Green Star: Good Annie's Annuals and Perennials is a Watchdog 30 company. Green Star: Good

801 Chesley Ave.
Richmond, California 94805 (United States)

Phone: 888.266.4370
Fax: 800.819.5913

Catalog Order Page: Hyperlink
Paper Catalog Cost: Free

Visit Annie's Annuals and Perennials at:

» Like them on Facebook

Comments:

Displaying the 50 most recent comments:

Positive seashelly100
Camas, WA
August 28, 2017
After being unable to find Cascading Oregano locally in Washington State, I went to the internet and found Annie's Annuals, and they had the Cascading Oregano that I was searching for. After viewing their website, I was convinced that they would take good care of any plants that were ordered by mail. I was right! The plants were securely covered and placed in a cardboard holding container so that they wouldn't move around during the shipping process. I have ordered from several nurseries, and by far, Annie's Annuals took the best care in sending me my new plants.
I will order from them again gladly.
Positive okpkpkp
Sacramento, CA
August 24, 2017
Well, I have to say we had a very positive experience. I wrote Annie's and raved about their packaging. It was fantastic. The plants arrived in one day and in perfect condition. The plants are housed in their own little unit with the pot and the growth protected. A lot of thought and engineering must have gone into their box and insert design. I planted three yesterday and noticed growth already. The other three I will pot-up today. Strong, healthy plants are what they offered and that is exactly what we got. They have customers here in Sacramento for life.
Happy gardening, everyone.
Positive Horticultural99
Benicia, CA
August 10, 2017
I'm blessed to live near Annie's in the SF Bay Area. After spending $300 on assorted perennials this year, I'm extremely happy with their growth and the selection offered through the nursery. Only two plants have failed to bloom, but I'll give them another year as their growth is strong. Highly recommend!
Positive utahxericman
Provo, UT
August 10, 2017
Ordered multiple times from Annie's Annuals. On one order the Shipment was lost for over a week by the shipping company. The plants finally arrived a few were dead.

I contacted Annie's when the shipment didn't arrive the day it was suppose to arrive. They looked to see if they could find the shipment for me, they couldn't find it and neither could the shipping company, so they said they would replace the whole order which they did. The replacement order arrived on time and the plants were in great condition.

They package their plants really well and have minimal damage and soil loss. I am pleased with how well Annie's responded to the lost plants and replacing the whole order. I would recommend them to anyone, they have a wonderful selection of plants. Thanks for the great customer service!
Positive WGgarden
San Jose, CA
July 21, 2017
I received my order of Chilean Jasmine and Polish Spirit Clematis today as promised. Perfectly packed! The plant quality is excellent and they look beautiful! Bright green young leaves and very perky! These four inch babies are more full and healthy looking than what I have seen at my local high end nurseries in my area. I am very happy and will definitely order from Annie's again. FYI I have been searching for a Chilean Jasmine for 2 years and finally came across this nursery. So Happy!!!!
Positive clcdezines
Long Beach, CA
July 12, 2017
The selection from Annie's Annuals is outstanding. I found everything I wanted, which is really difficult at local nurseries.
Their descriptions and photos helped immensely in selecting plants for my location.
My plants arrived BEAUTIFULLY packaged and ready to plant. Each one was clearly labeled and protected from jostling during shipping.
Now the hardest part, waiting for them to GROW!
Positive diat0mshells
Portland, OR
June 30, 2017
I usually wait to post reviews of companies of mail order plants after I see how the plants do. This is one of my first reviews on this website. Out of all the mail order companies I have ordered from this year, Annie's Annuals has been one of the top companies. The packaging was impeccable when sent, and all the plants arrived healthy and ready to take off. I believe that the most recent reviews are the most important, because a company can either improve or decline, and the overall rating may not be relevant anymore. As for Annie's, in my opinion, the company is currently top of the line to order from; and since planting all the plants, everything except one plant, is doing exceptionally well. The one plant that didn't do so great was a blue flax plant. It only arrived with one shoot and has since dried up and hasn't put forth any new growth from the roots. I have hopes that it still may do so though. The other blue flax came with four shoots and has since sent up new growth. I had ordered approximately 12 plants all together. All the other plants are already flowering and putting up new growth after being in the ground for a month. I highly recommend this company to anyone looking to order high quality plants online.
Company representative comment on June 30, 2017:
On Jun 30, 2017 12:51 PM, Annie\'s Annuals and Perennials responded with:

hi diat0mshells - thanks very much for your review! we have a 30 day guarantee on all plants, so if that blue flax is failing to thrive, give us a call and we'll set it right. 1.888.266.4370

Positive samnorge
Alexandria, MN
June 24, 2017
Plants arrived in good condition, quality of annuals was excellent.
Ordered amaranth's, dahlia and cephalaria.

Positive gingersroses
Fresno, CA
June 20, 2017
I highly recommend Annie's. The shipping was very reasonable, the 4 plants were excellently packed, arrived quickly and in excellent condition. This is more amazing because the current temperatures here are over 100 degrees F! Thank you so much! I look forward to planting these - when the temps cool down.

~H
Positive skyg1831
Lynbrook, NY
June 15, 2017
Posted on July 14, 2016, updated June 15, 2017
A couple of the plants arrived damaged likely from the heat enroute, but I knew it was risky ordering plants during this time of year and when much of the country was in a heatwave. So except for a few tips of these plants that suffered damage, the rest of the plant is fine and I know they\'ll recover easily.

great packing. Shipment arrived as communicated!
On June 15th, 2017, skyg1831 added the following:

ordered again this year, and plants were well packed and well grown. I see others complain about the size of the plants. I think it's more important on how well plants are grown and established - all which I received.
Positive Kjani
Gig Harbor, WA
June 12, 2017
I had a really good experience with Annie's Annuals and would DEFINITELY order again without hesitation. I ordered Night Flox (midnight candy) and I really did not expect the plants to be as big as they were. They were not giant but these are bedding plants that I put in big hanging baskets with petunias and million bells and strawberries. I loved the plants they are better looking than expected and I will get them next year but will be doubling my order. The plants were packed meticulously- and personally I did not feel the shipping was too high - but that's just me. I have ordered from other places before and received pot bound plants or plants that were too young to make it outside the greenhouse.
These were done just right - I am a definite fan now of Annie's Annuals.
Negative sierrasu
Jamestown, CA
May 25, 2017
Ordered 24 plants, all new to my gardening, but listed as "native plants," of which I already have many in my garden. I lost 3 plants within the first 3 weeks. I believe that was because they ship in 4-inch pots, but the plants are not 4-inch pot worthy! Their root systems are so tiny, they are, at best, 2-3 inch pot worthy plants. Also, the plants were so carelessly potted that the potting soil (YES, potting soil - not garden soil) fell off the tiny roots. This may have contributed to their demise. Shipping fees for their orders is ridiculously high. I called to say I would send photos of the surviving plants (at 26 days since planting), which show the disappointing growth. In the case of one variety, the plants have such a weak base root system that they topple over! All I got from "Andrea" who answered the phone when I called for the email address to send pictures was "Well, we can send replacements for the ones you lost but you will have to pay the shipping." I told her I'm not giving Annie's Annuals any more money - $200.28 for 24 plants was quite enough. I think this exorbitant shipping cost is where they make the real money. By their own description, these native flowers, for the most part, reseed, so they are not losing money making new plants! From my horrible experience, I can only believe that the positive comments on this site were entered by their employees or people who went to the nursery itself to buy their plants. Never again will I order from this company, and I will enter these warning comments on every gardening website I can. It was wonderful validation when I read the other negative comments that echoed my same complaints.
Company representative comment on June 12, 2017:
On Jun 12, 2017 11:11 AM, Annie\'s Annuals and Perennials responded with:

Hi Sierrasu: Thank you for giving us the chance to fix this issue. we have strict guidelines about how rooted plants must be in order to ship, as well as a 30-day guarantee. As per our email to you, we have credited your card for the plants that failed to thrive upon arrival.

Positive floranista
Olympia, WA
May 18, 2017
I've been mail-ordering from nurseries since the 90s. The order I just received from Annie's Annuals were the best-packed that I've ever seen. The plants themselves were in great condition and also a good size. I wish I had all the $$ I've spent over the years from plants that died because they really weren't big enough to transplant!

I'm very pleased with Annie's Annuals and can highly recommend them to other gardeners. You won't be disappointed! When I called with a question, the staff was very friendly and accommodating. I'll definitely be ordering from them again.
Positive Shamrog
Redwood City, CA
May 12, 2017
This was my first order with Annie's. I found their customer service prompt in answering emails and when I received my plants I was very nicely surprised by the care taken in preparing them for shipment. All four plants looked healthy and larger than those I've received from other nurseries.

I wish they offered organic.
Positive PinellasParker
Clearwater, FL
May 11, 2017
My order was shipped at the time I requested.

The order was packed intelligently:
The packing was protective to the plants so there was no shipping damage, and the plants were easily accessible within the box to the state inspector for examination upon entering the state.

The quality of the plants were first-rate:
When opening the box, one of the plants was already blooming. I received my order at work and by the end of the day, another plant's buds were opening in the box.

I have another order placed and have recommended this company to my coworkers.
Positive tamiduncan
Albuquerque, NM
May 9, 2017
Such a WONDERFUL experience I've had shopping at Annie's! It started with the beautiful catalog - the pictures are excellent, the information about the plant including best location to grow, the zone, oftentimes even history and complementary plants to use. Then, off to the FANTASTIC website! I absolutely love how I was able to confirm my zone and then to be able to search in almost every imaginable way! I am able to search by my zone, type of plant, THE plant itself, shade/sun/type...you name it, I can search it. I love how I can create a Wishlist for when my pocketbook is more full or to get updated when my plants become available.

I easily created and paid for my order and was told exactly when it would ship and arrive. I love that because I was able to pre-prepare the area for planting enabling me to plant them as soon as they arrived.

I placed 2 orders - 1 with 12 plants, the 2nd with 4. I have to say I've never seen a more meticulously packaged group of plants! They were obviously handled with care and protection for their long roadtrip to my house.

10 of the 12 total plants are doing wonderfully, though I did have 2 fatalities. I wrote to Annie's and explained how they weren't looking very good but was willing to give them a little bit to adjust. I was PROMPTLY written back and offered a refund/credit if they didn't make it. I've now had to ask for the refund and I have no doubt they will process it speedily.

I give Annie's a 10-Star rating on a scale from 1 to 5! SUCH a pleasure shopping with them! I look forward to many years of being their customer and spreading the word about the wonderful company they are!

Thanks SO much! HAPPY GROWING!
Positive piscesxander
Sacramento, CA
May 9, 2017
I absolutely love the unique varieties Annie's Annuals has to offer. We have so many beautiful things in our yard that no one has ever seen or even heard of that all came from Annie's. Their prices are excellent and shipping has always been super fast and well packed when I can't make the long trip to the nursery. The variety of options is almost paradise if you're a high zone gardener - and they offer so many things you can't find anywhere else - from high heat succulents to cool growing tropical lovelies. All that said... they probably have the most beautiful mail order catalog I've ever seen - yet the website is so meh and ungainly to use.
Positive joannabecca
Norfolk, NE
May 3, 2017
I wrote an email early this morning to ask when a certain plant would again be available. About one hour after they opened--I am from different time zone than they are--I got a reply. Not only was I told when the plant would again be available, I was also given very easy to follow instructions on how to make sure the plant was indeed available again.

After I read the response, I ask some questions like what size pot will I need. And since I had already placed an order for some other plants I asked about them too.

Within a few minutes I had a response to that also.
I started a nonprofit center here where I live to help rural women do gardening for food security and beauty. The response I received from Annie's Annuals and Perennials was very kind and supportive. This meant a lot to me. I did not feel like we were competing one bit-instead we were working together so that everyone has the opportunity to practice their love for gardening.
I also want to add that the website is very easy to use. I am going to be using it as a model of how I will want my own website to look and also to ensure it is as easy to use.
All in all Annie's Annuals and Perennials online garden business has been one of the most pleasant moments with internet businesses that I have had. I would highly recommend them.
Joannabecca
Positive evelyn_inthegarden
Sierra Foothills, CA (Zone 8a)
April 17, 2017
Posted on April 17, 2017, updated April 17, 2017
A couple of weeks ago, I placed an order with Annie\'s Annuals and Perennials.

When I received the package and opened it, all of the plants were just perfect. Of course, I could not plant them in the rain, so I transplanted them all into gallon containers. I will have to wait until the soil dries out a bit until I plant them.
On April 17th, 2017, evelyn_inthegarden added the following:

The reason why I mentioned this is that you do not get to select your shipping date. So if you need your order to be delayed until May, just place your order near the end of April.

Based on past experience, I found myself potting up various plant orders and then waiting for better weather.
Positive MeLittleGarden
Rockford, IL
March 28, 2017
I'm Soooo impressed with my plants from Annie's Annuals and Perennials! :0) I researched reviews online before I purchased. Now there's been folks complaining about shipping costs. Here's my two cents~Worth every penny! The shipping prices are very appropriate. This is the absolute best condition I've ever received plants in, that were shipped. I can see a lot of care, time & money went into packaging my beautiful plants. We all know 2 day shipping with Fed Ex isn't cheap but its less transit time on the plants. I don't want to save on shipping costs, I want my plants to arrive quickly and healthy. Annie's does just that! Add to that, I couldn't get most of the plants I ordered anywhere else.

The plants are so gorgeous and healthy and beautiful and some are already blooming and...well I could go on and on but you get the point! So if you are reading this and researching Annie's Annuals & Perennials and deciding if you want to order...I say do it! When you receive that box~It will put a huge smile on your face when you open it up! Yeah its like that! :0)

Oh and one more thing...prices are better than any of my local nurseries with better selection and better looking plants...I will be ordering from there again and again. In closing I think it is unfair to leave negative feedback for a company you have not purchased from because you don't agree with the shipping costs. Anyone who doesn't order based on the shipping costs is missing out on some gorgeous hard to find plants.
Positive mpmorey
Lakewood, WA
March 27, 2017
I was blown away with the new plant packing methods that Annie's Annuals used for my latest order! No soil spilled, no damage to the plants, not even a bruised leaf! I actually took pictures and posted them to my Master Gardeners Face Book page. Not only does Annie's Annuals have fabulous, UNUSUAL plants, their prices are quite reasonable! I will be a rerurn customer for years to come. Their catalog is gorgeous, their web site is amazing!
Positive amritarosa
Portland, OR
March 24, 2017
I ordered 2 Mandragora Officinarum from Annie's this spring and have been very impressed with both the service and conditions of shipping. The plants were shipped and arrived on the days that Annie's said they would, described in the ordering process. They arrived in an extremely sturdy package in great condition. Mandrakes are notoriously fussy and fragile plants, and I fully expected to receive plants who had dropped their leaves and gone into full pout mode after spending a couple of days in transit. Instead, they are both upright, perky and green, and have shown no signs of shock since their arrival. I know that the shipping costs seem high to some people, but I am more than happy to pay the extra bit for plants that are packed with care and arrive in such good condition, especially if the plants themselves are a bit of an investment. Thank you Annie's Annuals and Perennials! I will be ordering from you again in future.
Positive Mastergardenerv
Brooklyn, NY
March 17, 2017
Hi all, I'm the master gardener for prospect heights community farm in Brooklyn for the last 20 years. I have also been a volunteer for Brooklyn botanical garden( Greenbridge outreach ) for the last 12 years. I love Annie's Annuals. Their selection is a thrill for those of us with a wandering palate and a must have nature with no room to stratify!!. To make it even better they arrive in robust health. Just top notch. If I sound really pleased it's because in my arrogance I waived responsibility as it's been in the 60's & 70's in Brooklyn this Feb./march. Annie's had the foresight to personally write me and gently suggest might I want to postpone my shipment? Convinced ( what Gardener isn't?) that I was right I said," no. Ship them. ". Then we got 7" of ice that has stayed. They arrived right quick& just beautiful. Thank you Annie's Annuals.
Positive RSRPAC
Houston, TX
March 14, 2017
I was a little hesitant to commit to the pricey 2-day shipping. However, I have never seen such superior packing of any plant order! There was not a wilted or yellow leaf on any of the plants. The soil was moist and undisturbed. It's as if I had just picked the plants off a bench at the nursery. The 2 day shipping is not cheap but given the extreme care and attention given to protect the plants during shipping it is worth it! The plants were lush, healthy and growing. Could not ask for better. Thank you and keep up the wonderful work!
Positive Lysmata2
Crescent City, FL
March 12, 2017
Very inventive shipping techniques, and well worth the price of shipping! FedEx could punt that box through a field goal, and the plants would all arrive undamaged, with all their soil intact, and yet still easy to remove from their packing! Excellent! Oh yeah, and Annie's is a great place to locate all those hard-to-find varieties of plants. Not stuff you'll find at your big box retailer, or even local nursery.
Positive cynwren
Datil, NM
February 27, 2017
I can always count on Annie's. The plants arrive in excellent condition every time. They are never root bound and I haven't had any failures.
Twice, due to weather problems. the plants have been a day late and both times they sent me an e-mail explaining the situation before I even expected the plants.
Very professional service.
Joan Hardie
Aptos, CA
Positive BobMackie44
Apple Valley, CA
February 25, 2017
We have always had a positive experience with Annie's Annuals.

Plants arrived in good condition with adequate protection. All plants appear to be healthy and good shipping size on arrival. We will keep ordering.

Best plant (or my favorite) is the Octopus Agave from our first order. Very cool.
Positive Shellyjelly
Castro Valley, CA
February 13, 2017
I have purchased plants from Annies Annuals both in the physical garden and online. Friday, I received two shipments and I cannot tell you happy I was when I opened the boxes. Each and every plant was in excellent condition, happy and had I been in the nursery, ones I would have chosen myself. They were also wrapped beautifully! Really, it was rather sad to remove their paper wrap and release them from their protective temporary homes to my garden! Not only are they wrapped individually to prevent dirt spills but then they are arranged in a cardboard carrier, with two taller sides to further protect the plants from becoming damaged. Annies goes above and beyond to ensure their plants arrive in the same condition as when they leave the nursery, excellent!

They are now in the ground and happy! Thanks to the staff at Annies for their care and excellent packing!

Shelly

Negative beaucoup
Meridian, ID
February 10, 2017
Annies Annuals plants are grown with tender care, as so reflected in their upper-end cost. That cost I can overlook due to the quality. What I can't overlook are the ridiculously high shipping fees. Was preparing my order today, and though short it was, have decided I will no longer pay that much, when I could purchase at least twice the amount of same plants at a local nursery, and still pay less. Annies offers no relief with discount coupons like a lot of companies do. Also, their website states that you can choose the date you wish to have them shipped, which is incorrect... THEY select to prepare it to ship on the date your place your order. Of course right now is way too early in the season. Should you wait until later to order, the plants you want have been depleted.
Company representative comment on February 14, 2017:
On Feb 14, 2017 10:34 AM, Annie\'s Annuals and Perennials responded with:

We thank you very much for your feedback. We have tried diligently to be as fair as possible with our shipping structure and custom, carefully designed packaging so that plants arrive in excellent shape. We know this is not the cheapest way possible to get plants to customers, but from our 10 years of experience and many trials and tests, it is the best way to make sure they are alive and thriving when they arrive at their destination. We grow many annuals and wildflowers that will not withstand more than a couple of days in a dark box, and so we ship all plants next day or 2-day (depending on location). In your case, your plants would arrive in Idaho within two business days and shipping would be 13.95 for up to 8 plants and 18.95 for 9-12 plants.

If we were shipping anything other than highly perishable plant
material, we could certainly find a way to ship it cheaper. But since we grow an unusual assortment of plants - many available nowhere else - this is the best way to ensure our plants thrive right out of the box and customers are successful growing them.

So far as stock being depleted - we grow multiple crops throughout the year of all of the plants that appear in our catalog. If it's too cold to order where you live now, please know that new crops continue to be grown and will be available for sale later in the season. A few crops may sell out early and some annuals and wildflowers have a limited growing season, but the vast majority of plants will be available when you are ready to order.

Please do not hesitate to give us a call if you have any questions or
concerns. We can take your order by phone and let you know of any current promotions or discounts that may help with shipping.
1-888-266.4370

Positive JerryCopeland
Santa Maria, CA
December 6, 2016
I made 2 purchases during 2016. Not too sure about what I would receive BUT the plants received were excellent looking and definitely well raised. Both plants were California native plants. One was a succulent. The other my favorite native Salvia species.
In both cases the plants came in well constructed packaging and was easy to take apart to get the plants out for repotting.
My major hesitation was in whether or not my culture would prove successful in the transplanting from Annie's Annuals growth media. I am delighted to confirm that the transplanting was successful and I attribute this to the health and strength of the plants received.
Positive wjdemarest
San Francisco, CA
November 23, 2016
Anisodontea sp. 'Strybing Beauty' self-sows like crazy!! I love it. And I love Annie's!
Negative hlibebe
St Petersburg, FL (Zone 9b)
September 21, 2016
Wish I had a positive experience with Annie's, but I don't-even neutral would be nice.

I placed two orders with Annie's online after reading several positive reviews on Dave's Garden. First order was on 6/24, and then second order on 7/16. First shipment was packaged nicely and arrived as expected. Second shipment looked a bit tossed, and few items dislodged from their little plastic containers. Most plants looked healthy-small, but healthy. This is the good part.

The frustrating part:

Twice I ordered 2 Psoralea fleta @ $12.95 each (just over $50 spent here), and I had attempted to email them about additional care for this particular plant since there were no additional information available (besides what's posted online). No response from Annie's.

In my first order, I got two Psoralea fleta. They were each planted in a large 24" container along side the other plants I ordered from Annie's, and placed inside my lanai where there's shade and a nice breeze from the lake. But they showed signs of heat fatigue after a day (leaves were a little wilted and stalk was droopy), so I babied this particular plant by moving them both indoors. These plants were placed by the window and watered or misted lightly. After one week, one of the Psoralea fleta dried up and died. I was sadden but had not given up trying, so I order two more Psoralea fleta and emailed Annie's for help or tips on growing this plant. No response from Annie's, and I don't have the time to hunt them down via phone for an answer (considering the slight time difference and work obligations).

Several of the plants from the first order fail to thrive, and one by one they died on me. Only three plants are hanging on from that first order.

By the time the second order arrived, the second Psoralea fleta dried up and died. I planted the two new Psoralea fleta in a smaller 14" container and kept them strictly indoors by the window. After a week, another Psoralea fleta hit the sack and just recently the last Psoralea fleta has gone to meet its maker. Of the 5 Ceanothus varieties I order, two are still alive. The Annabelle Hydrangea is still growing, and the 2 Echium are hanging on-sad looking but still greenish. The red buckwheat and one of the lavender never quite made it after arriving (part of second order) as those had came dislodged in the shipment. Everything else listed below (besides what I just mentioned) are pretty much dead. After either a few days or weeks of tediously handling and caring for these plants they just never thrived.

3934 Rosemary - 'Huntington Carpet' [email protected]$7.95 DEAD
4240 Ceanothus thyrsiflorus 'Yankee Point' [email protected]$9.95 DEAD
1485 Eriogonum grande "Red Buckwheat" [email protected]$8.95 DEAD
3480 Lavandula 'Provence'"Lavender" [email protected]$7.95 DEAD
2994 Scleranthus "Australian Astroturf"2 @$7.95 DEAD

Total of $338 (includes shipping)

Was I aware Annie's had a return policy of some sort? Yes, after I looked at their website to get an email address for them. It basically says, you need to contact them ASAP and send the dead plant back for a refund. But I wasn't looking for that, I just wanted gardening tips for these sad little plants. Besides, sending all these dead plants back from Florida to California would cost me more than they were worth.

Was I disappointed they didn't respond? Extremely, considering they had such great reviews. Of all the other online gardening websites I've ordered from (whom I research extensively prior to ordering) Annie's was the first to never respond.

Why write the review now? Because I'm calmer and I would like other buyers to beware that unless they have a green house to house these plants or are prepared to baby the hell out of these plants they are wasting their time and money. Several months ago when the plants kept dying one after the other, it really did make me sad and question if I had grew a black thumb of sorts. But, when I take into account all the plants that have died this summer almost all of them are from Annie's. This year, I ordered a few plants from Niche Garden, almost 50 rose bushes (49 to be exact) from Chamblee Rose, several peony from Cricket Hill- even grabbed plants from the local Lowe's, tons more from Home Depot, and various other plants from local mom and pop nurseries. But combined dead plants from ALL these other places are 4! FOUR! And they were planted in the yard-not babied in my lanai or inside my home like the plants from Annie's. Lost an annabelle hydrangea from Niche Garden to the Florida summer sun, two rose bushes to wet feet after the hurricanes came by, and one blue star juniper shrub to spider mites. So please don't think this is just a bad case of the black thumbs.

Wanted to like Annie's so very bad. They had such cool plants, the prices are cheap, the website is very user friendly, shipping is great, packaging is pretty good, so what went wrong? Why are their plants failing to thrive? Why aren't they supportive with growing their plants or offer any helpful growing tip to the gardener who purchased plants from them? When I emailed Chamblee they responded in a few days-which was fine, I know we all work. I completely understand that young plants need more pampering and it's not the nursery's fault some plants fail to thrive, but almost ALL the plants have died? Under meticuous care and conditions? And almost all of them are from Annie's? (No, Annie's didn't kill my plants, but one does have to question why their plants? Why is it mainly their plants that have failed to thrive?)

So, to save myself from more heartache, I don't plan on ordering from Annie's anymore. You have been warned.

May the gardening gnome be with you guys! :)
Negative aimeej
Albuquerque, NM
August 27, 2016
First let me say that I have ordered many plants fro Annie's in the past and most have been healthy and are doing well. I would love to continue ordering plants, but the shipping costs are now so high that I can't justify paying more than $11 for a small 4 inch pot. I live 2 states away and $26.56 shipping for 5 plants is, in my opinion, ridiculous. Sorry Annie, you have a fantastic number of hard to find plants that I want, but I can no longer afford you.
Positive carolstropicals
Bellaire, TX
July 21, 2016
What a Great Company !!
I bought 2 plants. Their container and wrapping were Excellent. In fact, the best I have had out of all my online plant purchases.
I received one of these plants last year from another company in a smaller container. I had to move it to a slightly larger size and it died.
The containers "Annies" plants came in were oversized. I didn't have to move this replacement plant from last year to a larger container.
Especially in the Heat. The packing and plants were Over the Top in
Quality and Wrapping.
Carol Smith.
Positive azsilvia
Tempe, AZ (Zone 9b)
July 8, 2016
I've ordered twice from Annies. I've received an order of purple tree collards for myself and friends and an order that included grape soda trees (Psoralea fleta), aloes, and yacon. All plants were thriving and arrived in perfect shape with barely any soil displaced on their trek to the desert. I'm looking forward to future orders arriving in my mail box. I only wish I could go there in person someday.
Positive Marysophia
Port Townsend, WA
July 7, 2016
Order shipped promptly. Careful packaging, the best I've seen in fragile plant care. Sensible materials use. Plants wrapped so no soil got loose. Also Annie's Annuals carries
plants difficult to locate --able to get Asclepias speciosa.
Good experience in every way. Mary Robson
Positive doghill6
Central Point, OR (Zone 8a)
June 19, 2016
We've gotten their catalog for years and finally ordered. It makes more sense to order from the website and use the "available now" list because then you get your stuff right away. The plants were huge and very well packaged. We got some roses we'd been looking for and they were giant and much cheaper than the little cuttings you have to pay $20+ for elsewhere. We are very happy and will certainly order again. Our only problem is, sadly, most of their plants aren't hardy here.
Positive cspier
Weimar, CA
June 13, 2016
I love the new packing system! The plants were always packed to protect them well, but now they are also easy to unpack Ė no scissors necessary, and I donít risk damaging them when unpacking. I also appreciate that the soil fills the pots, and I donít have to try to fill up the soil when unpacking as I used to have to do when they sent them in bags in their pots. Now I can unpack them late after work without fear of them drying out for lack of soil before I plant them.
Positive katoly
Mead, WA
June 2, 2016
I have purchased plants online before and had terrible experience! I hesitated to do so again, but was wonderfully surprised by my purchase from ANNIES !! The plants were robust and good size, and were packed so lovingly. I have never seen such care in readying plants for shipment!! They are growing rapidly and was so happy that the plant choices were so varied! Thank you ANNIES for your commitment to the Customer!! I will be back! Kathy Olson Washington state.
Positive mglory44
Holliston, MA
May 31, 2016
My order of plants came in one box. 8 Plants were packed beautifully in separate containers with individual cardboard and plastic to keep the soil moist and in place. The plant material was in beautiful condition...great root balls, great color and no rot or blackened parts. I was very impressed with their products compared to other mail order companies I have received.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Tour | Contact Us ]