The scoop on 'Botanus Inc.'

Botanus Inc.

2489 Wayburne Crescent
Langley, British Columbia V2Y 1B6 (Canada)

Phone: 1-800-672-3413
Fax: 1-800-603-3677

Catalog Order Page: Hyperlink
Paper Catalog Cost: Free (Canada only)

Comments:

Positive Gallivanting1
Edmonton, AB (Zone 3a)
August 5, 2014
I ordered a lot of items from Botanus because their plants and bulbs are amazing. My success rate with their products has been about 98% and I credit a lot of that with their shipping. No other company packs live plants and bulbs like they do! My shipments arrive in perfect condition and many of the plants already have flowers on them. I would recommend them 100%. In addition, they have a Garden Club on their website with lots of Tip Sheets and weekly videos about different plants. I've contacted them regarding items I've ordered and found them to be very helpful and informative. Great company to deal with!
Positive grenouille
montreal
Canada (Zone 5a)
October 5, 2013
Posted on September 26, 2006, updated October 5, 2013
I have dealt with this company for years. VERY pleased with the size of the bulbs.

Would strongly recommend this company
On October 5th, 2013, grenouille added the following:

Years after years, Botanus have consistently good quality products, great service. Botanus est mon meilleur fournisseur de bulbes depuis au moins 8 ans.
Positive plantsandboats
New Westminster
May 26, 2012
Botanus does a great job and they stand behind what they sell.

I look forward to seeing their new products each year.

Positive Wusswolf
Napanee, ON (Zone 5b)
May 13, 2012
I ordered some Spring-flowering bulbs from Botanus back in the Fall (2011) and they arrived promptly, were healthy, included a small signed slip denoted who lovingly packed my order, AND 10 free puschkinia bulbs!

This Spring everything has come up and looks gorgeous in my beds. To top it off, I've noticed one big difference between Botanus and a few rival companies that have been sending magazines:
Botanus uses photos of their own real flowers. Other companies seem to post images that have been heavily saturated and touched-up, sometimes even images I've seen on multiple different gardening sites. Botanus is honest about their plants, and doesn't try to trick you with faked colours.

I've never had to deal with their customer service, but I will say it was pretty awesome to make a post on their facebook page about my gardens and have a response directly from one of the founders herself!

Looking forward to making many more purchases from this company!
~
Positive LadyAssassin
Belleville, ON (Zone 5b)
May 4, 2012
Posted on October 7, 2011, updated May 4, 2012
Wonderful company to deal with. I have only ever bought bulbs from them, and the quality is great. Highly recommend.
On May 4th, 2012, LadyAssassin added the following:

The bulbs I purchased last fall have been beautiful this spring. Everything came up true to name and only had one tulip bulb that didn't make it.
I ordered a few bare root perennials for this spring and received a nice packaged box with healthy roots. Can't wait to see how they do this summer. Botanus is one of my favourite places for perennials and bulbs. Will be a customer every spring and fall!
Positive GeorgeandMisty
Gatineau
May 11, 2011
Order was received in timely fashion and teh quality of the plants was very good. They look strong and healthy.

I would recommend this company and will hopefully get the chance to do business with them again.

Thanks!
Positive dahlianut
Calgary, AB (Zone 3a)
May 17, 2009
This is the 4th year I've ordered from Botanus, orders both spring and fall. I can't say enough about the quality of the bare root perennials and bulbs I've received from them, all well packaged and healthy. I was astonished to receive my order today with TWO gifts as a customer promotion. This is one of the best Canadian suppliers I know of.
Positive axelqueen
Winnipeg
June 2, 2008
Ooh, I like this company. Ordered some liatris and lily of the valley, and after only a week and a half in the garden, they are growing like there's no tomorrow! Not only are they growing very well, but the free stuff I received, peacock orchids and a tango lily, are blooming as well. Sometimes the freebies can be a hit or miss, these are definitely hits! Will definitely order from them in the future!
Positive muskrat_ranch
Alberton, ON (Zone 3b)
February 24, 2008
Very professional. Excellent high-quality bulbs, gently & safely shipped, fair prices. Would purchase from Botanus again without hesitation.
Positive crazy_gardener
Wainwright, AB (Zone 2b)
February 3, 2007
Awesome mail order company to deal with, always courteous with great customer service. Colourful catalogue sent out twice a year, great prices and always something new.
I had a couple of mislabeled lilies that I had ordered last year, wrote an email and received prompt credit to my account with no problem.

Truly they take pride and stand for their guarantee policy.

Sharon

Positive Rosedale
Chilliwack
June 28, 2006
Absolutely awesome,not a single complaint. Fabulous quality in bulbs and plants. Had one item that did not grow, probably my fault and they replaced it. I order from them twice a year and will continue to do so. They also answer all questions you email to them. A great company.
Positive cathaleen
Prince George
May 24, 2006
Have placed my first order this year with Botanus. Very satisfied with the product, and i too had one plant not survive - and has been no problem dealing with a replacement plant.....so all in all happy with the service and the quality of the plants. They are one of the nurseries I have tried this year for the first time - and have been happy with all three. Some great affordable nurseries in Canada.
Positive fyrefly
ottawa
May 18, 2006
This was the first time ordering from Botanus. The bareroot plants I ordered were great. I was impressed with the quality. I ordered two hostas "Frances Williams and Gold Standard" and was really impressed with the size of the roots. Both are growing vigorously and are very healthy.

I also ordered Plox "David " and was also impressed with the roots sent. Again they are growing and look fantastic.

I ordered two eyrngim planum "Blue Star". One tap root did not survive the other one is growing well.

I contacted their toll free number and told them the Blue Star tap roots, rotted and did not grow. They promptly sent me a replacement (no charge) and a bonus oriental lily. Dealing with them was a pleasure.

I will deal with them again. Good quality and good service. I am looking forward to their fall catologue.
Positive bricine
Bright
August 27, 2004
I have dealt with this company for years. I find the online ordering to be a breeze and their customer service fabulous. If I've have any problems with the plants, ei;died didn't do well, they have gone out of their way to fix the problem. Would strongly recommend this company.
Positive mharris
April 22, 2004
I ordered bulbs from Botanus and was very pleased. Everything was shipped promptly and was well packaged. I am looking foward to seeing how they turned out(as i have just planted them) the free gift was also a nice touch.

The customer service was exellent as i contacted them to inquire about picking up an order( which they do not do) as i live nearby. They were polite and curtious and extremally prompt. I would highly recoment them and plan to order from them again.
Positive WoodyCanada
November 27, 2003
I have dealt with this company for 3 or 4 years now. They have consistently good quality products, great service and great prices.
Positive echoes
South of Winnipeg, MB (Zone 3a)
July 3, 2003
This is a great company to deal with.
Positive Dawn_BC
April 2, 2003
Talk about cheap & EXCELLENT quality plants/bulbs.
This will be my third year ordering.
I was shocked at the size & quality of the roses they send for such a cheap price.
Customer service is excellent too!
I also like the fact that they send free gift plants & other bonuses.
My best advice is to order early....they sell out FAST!
Positive rebeccaj
March 29, 2003
I have ordered bulbs and perennials from this company for the past three seasons. The quality of the plants and bulbs is great, and the service is friendly. They make a good effort to ensure everything is done correctly. The online catalogue is a good resource, as well.
Positive pattip
February 24, 2003
BIG bulbs producing big blooms at best prices anywhere. Also, their perennials are well priced and very good quality. I highly recommend them to my own customers.
Positive aileen
January 26, 2003
If Botanus has it, I buy from them first, before heading elsewhere. Not a single disappointment with delivery, with shipping, or with quality of plant material or bulbs.

Their fall bulb catalogue is the one I very impatiently wait for each year, and my order is out my door almost immediately.

Ordering on-line is easier -- the catalogue, as mentioned earlier can be a bit tricky; but the photography is beautiful.

Love this company!
Positive cerise
September 3, 2002
I am from Manitoba and was VERY impressed with this company. Purchased lilies in the spring and they were large and bloomed the first year. Were absolutely Beautiful. I phoned in my order and they were knowledgeable and friendly. Put in a fall order for Bearded Iris and many other perennials. Definetely the company to order from. YOU will NOT be disappointed! Very reasonable prices.
Positive LuvsCREED
Thunder Bay, ON
July 25, 2002
Great website!

Their catalogue is a bit tricky to read, so their website has the pictures attached to the descriptions.

Ordered for the first time this spring and was extrememly impressed by their prices and quality of plants.

Placed a huge order for fall with them and will definatley become a regular customer of theirs.
Positive JanetR
Ottawa, ON (Zone 4a)
February 7, 2002
Courteous, knowledgeable service. I actually got one of the owners on the phone when ordering and she even counselled me against buying something. The bulbs were in very good health.

They only ship to Canada.